Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2015, 15:17   #766
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I was told June 1st week will be inauguration. Owner is same as the new owner of HSR one I believe.
Yes Vid that's right, it is the same owner.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:04   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

This is regarding warranty card for the under-body coating,

For my previous car(Dzire), when I did under body coating(3M Anti-Corrosion Treatment) with 5 year warranty + 10 free inspection in this HSR Layout branch, they gave me a detailed Warranty card. But for my Linea which I did 2-3 months back, they didn't give me any warranty card. Instead pradeep who is the in-charge, told me that these days they don't give warranty cards for under-body coating and bill is enough for warranty and free inspections. Is this true? Anyone done under body coating here, recently?
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:38   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's also a new 3M car care place opening up on Sarjapur road

It's right next to the Tata Docomo, Apollo Pharmacy, Cupcake noggins complex before Trinity acres. Less than 100metres away for us.
And under a km for me. Yay. Till now the only reasonable detailing places have been one (forgot the name) on the kasavanahalli road next to the BSNL exchange, and another inside the total mall that is more like a glorified car wash than anything else.
Old 6th June 2015, 15:40   #769
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

The Yeti has had a long overdue Wash...
3M HSR I believe has changed hands in terms of the Franchise. The new Franchisee Sushant is as obliging as ever Sidhu was.
I went there this afternoon after having visited Dinesh of Trend to see if one or two scratches could be removed and to assess a tiny dent caused by a mis-hit golf ball at ASC last Saturday plus a scratch caused by a dunderhead scooterist who was coming down the wrong way on a one way road!

Cutting a long story short, after these recent torrential rains etc, the vehicle was rather bedraggled so I thought a spot of spa treatment was required.
Thoroughly cleaned inside and out. The vehicle is back to gleaming spanking new and after the application of my own lemon scented leather polish on the seats and fascia, it even smells oh-so-clean inside now!

I have also stuck on the new sticker in Support of One Nation - One Road Tax as can be seen. I believe in this movement because there is too much harassment meted out to outstation cars in KA as well as other States.

Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4618.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4621.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4620.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4619.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4616.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4615.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 22:08   #770
Team-BHP Support

Been ages since I went for a 3M wash for the Ecosport. Was delaying it since 3M was supposed to open a store next to my house on Sarjapur road. That got delayed and so did my car wash. Finally yesterday I managed to leave early from work and catch Pradeep. Reached the store at 5PM along with a colleague who also wanted a wash for his Swift.

Usualy top notch wash. They spent a lot of time in getting the muck off the car with pressure wash then applying shampoo. Helps with lesser chances of swirls.

Closing in on 2 years and there are no swirl marks to speak of. Best of all car has not been fully detailed ever. Only wash at 3M with occasional power shine wash and wax. Other than that I have done claying and tech wax once every 6 months.

Next step is Ultimate polish and Ultimate wax which I recently purchased. Let's see what the results are.

A few photos after the wash:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20150630_175836.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20150630_175902.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20150630_175849.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20150630_175913.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 23:53   #771
Senior - BHPian

Vid,
How much was the wash at this branch of 3M? I also heard some people complaining that they weren't wiling to do just the wash as its a "small job"!
Old 1st July 2015, 23:58   #772
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Vid,
How much was the wash at this branch of 3M? I also heard some people complaining that they weren't wiling to do just the wash as its a "small job"!
If you call up take appointment and go on a weekday they don't mind.

On a weekend they are packed and even for a wash they can take more than half a day so they refuse just wash customers. I avoid weekends as I need to wait longer or need to be there super early.

Price is same as before Rs.440 for a foam wash for mid size car like Ecosport. The Altis is Rs.550.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 07:46   #773
Senior - BHPian

Do you know when the sarjapur road branch is set to open? I live just down the road and would prefer not to drive all the way to HSR just to wash my car.

The two outfits around (one in the total mall and another on the kasavanahalli road next to the bsnl telephone exchange) are quite disappointing, and my car has had enough of being wiped with a semi clean cloth by the local car cleaning guy. Needs a lot of TLC.

Quote:
If you call up take appointment and go on a weekday they don't mind.

On a weekend they are packed and even for a wash they can take more than half a day so they refuse just wash customers. I avoid weekends as I need to wait longer or need to be there super early.

Price is same as before Rs.440 for a foam wash for mid size car like Ecosport. The Altis is Rs.550.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:30   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The two outfits around (one in the total mall and another on the kasavanahalli road next to the bsnl telephone exchange) are quite disappointing, and my car has had enough of being wiped with a semi clean cloth by the local car cleaning guy. Needs a lot of TLC.
A little OT: One more option is Raj Motors. This is on the road from Belandur ORR to Springfields on Sarjapur Road. When coming from ORR Belandur, you have a Ramdev Medicals where the road curves right and another goes left (and joins Sarjapur Road in front of Total Mall). Raj Motors is at the start of this road on the right. They are a regular car work shop and is typically my go to place for fixing punctures. Yesterday had been there to fix yet another puncture and spur of the moment decided to do a full wash since it was ages since the under body had been washed.

Felt they did a decent job. First washed the whole car including under body with a pressure washer, cleaned the tyres and alloys and then applied shampoo and then pressure washed again. Wipe down was done with clean cloths of the microfiber variety.

Charges: Rs 400 for full body wash including under body, basic interior dry vacuuming and washing of mats.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:35   #775
Senior - BHPian

Oh - you mean on that service road that finally leads to the shell pump? I think I saw a car wash over there. Thanks - that sounds like a decent option too.

Do they try to use what looked suspiciously like clinic plus, like the kasavanahalli guy once apparently did according to a review that I read? Or a regular car shampoo?

It might not matter in practice - for example colin window cleaner works just as well on windshields as the "car" window cleaner brands - but given the cost charged for such washes I could just tell my car wash guy to add a sachet of clinic plus to his wash water once in a while.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:36   #776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you know when the sarjapur road branch is set to open? I live just down the road and would prefer not to drive all the way to HSR just to wash my car.
Store is pretty much ready. I spoke to the owner Sushant, who runs the HSR one as well as upcoming Sarjapur road one. There are just some finishing touches pending and he is looking at inaugurating in the coming weeks.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:11   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh - you mean on that service road that finally leads to the shell pump? I think I saw a car wash over there. Thanks - that sounds like a decent option too.

Do they try to use what looked suspiciously like clinic plus, like the kasavanahalli guy once apparently did according to a review that I read? Or a regular car shampoo?

No, not on the ORR Service Road: This is the location (Next to this medical shop): Link
Good point on the shampoo, I did not ask or check. It looked nice and foamy. Need to watch out next time.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 2nd July 2015 at 11:13.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:03   #778
Senior - BHPian

Oho. On that horrible narrow road that runs from springfields / motherhood hospital to just under the bellandur bridge near mast kalandar. Excellent. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:40   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me and a few friends get our cars washed regularly at http://www.speedcarwash.com/ This is on the lane adjacent to Kaikondrahalli lake, opp to the Fire station. Although not upto 3M standards, they do a really good job.

PS: The owner and manager were involved in a freak accident and out of action for a couple of months but the boys still run the show pretty decently.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:08   #780
BHPian

I too was denied a wash, this was around 6 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Vid,
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed