Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 08:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)

A shiny new revolution is coming to my Nexon! Pilot testing has been going on by 3M and the covers will be off end of day!
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_5351.jpg  

Old 16th February 2018, 11:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

My grey beauty, the Nexon takes a lot of time and effort every day to maintain its high gloss. I was looking for some kind of a coating that will give me a durable protection without being high on maintenance. So when 3M was launching a hydrophobic coat for cars I just jumped at it.

Mr Amit of 3M Car Care (RMV Outlet, Bangalore) went all out to ensure a very high level of gloss was attained, to my satisfaction, and ended it with two layers of protectant. Hypershield prevents dirt and stains from sticking to the paint and offers excellent UV protection to keep my car shining like new for months. The hydroporosity effect has to be seen to be believed! My car now has a fantastic shine and that great gloss comes with very low maintenance - just spray a fine mist of water and wipe away with MicroFiber Cloth.

Pricing wasn't out at the time of application but a single coat should cost around Rs.13,000. More the coats, higher is the cost. This is a result of extensive R&D by 3M and the guy who applied it was trained at their innovation centre outside Bangalore. So I was completely at ease regarding the whole process. Check out the brilliant shine in the image below!

Somebody uploaded the water beading video of my car on youtube, link below.

Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_5374.jpg  

Old 16th February 2018, 11:39   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hypershield prevents dirt and stains from sticking to the paint and offers excellent UV protection to keep my car shining like new for months.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...c-coating.html

Being discussed in the above thread. 3M finally has an answer to the popularity of ceramic treatments with independent detailers.
Old 19th May 2019, 11:10   #79
BHPian

I was there this Friday to get my car polished & waxed. This store is pretty near to my place and it was time to visit them post a small bumper paint job the car had gone through. I reached around noon and the person who attended to my car, Mr.Ravi got his team working on it immediately. He promised to deliver it by 7 PM. I told him I will hang around. They have a nice air-conditioned waiting lounge and I had my laptop with its putty terminal and a phone, which is all I needed to get on with my work (I had cancelled all my afternoon meetings). This gave me the chance to work and keep an eye on the work. The chap who did the job on the car was a very patient one who put up with me being around and nitpicking if they missed something. Finally by 6 PM the car was polished and interior cleaned and they started with the final wax layer which was a slightly hurried job. I expected the waxing phase to be a bit more professional, but since I stuck around I was able to point out if I was not happy with something and they obliged immediately. I found the boot had fine scratches which they re polished and waxed again. Finally I got my car by 7:30 PM.

Overall impressions - Friendly folks who do a good job without much room for complaint. Of-course they do try to push a few packages but again they arent too pushy. Will I go there again ? I definitely would given its close to my home and they do a decent job, but before I go there I would like to try ultimate detailers once just to get an idea. The price for both seem to be in the same league. I looked at the pictures in page 1. Not much has changed inside the store, it pretty much looks the same, though there is this one picture that shows the exterior of the store with bit of surroundings. Man, how much of that has changed ! The area doesn't look so calm anymore, its a busy lane now :-). I would prefer they stock more Meguairs product. They do have some, but either they are old or the prices or on sticker MRP which turns out to be costly than what you can get it for in Amazon.

Last edited by SR-71 : 19th May 2019 at 11:13.
Old 19th May 2019, 12:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

It's good to hear that Ravi and his team still retain their edge, even after all these years. They take special care of TeamBHPians (Do let them know)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 10:31   #81
BHPian

Thats true. Their team has always been amazing. I am planning on going in for a nice layer of coating - with focus on shine. Water repellent nature or not makes no difference. Is their any other shop that you would recommend except the ones in hsr. It's a pain driving up and down in traffic till there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks