Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 08:28   #1
J.Ravi

Alloy wheel repair + Balancing + Alignment : A1 Car Care Centre (Bangalore)

I had a bent spare alloy wheel. I wanted to get it repaired and use it for spare wheel. I had enquired in Bangalore and Chennai, but was unsuccessful until yesterday, when that work was done satisfactorily at A1 Car Care Centre, Jayanagar 1st Block. The bent wheel was taken elsewhere and repaired with heat treatment.
Alloy wheel repair + Balancing + Alignment : A1 Car Care Centre (Bangalore)-dsc05518.jpg
My Linea had undergone wheel balancing and wheel alignment. In addition, she had her rear wheel brake drums and front wheel brake clippers painted with black and red respectively. They are also dealers for different brands of tyres and alloy wheels. The only negative I found was space constraints vis-a-vis vehicles coming in. My Linea was parked on the road-side and the wheels were removed for painting and wheel balancing.

All wheel-related issues could be got attended to under one roof. M/s Ilyas Khan and Syed Aleem Pasha [brothers] were real task-masters and personally supervise all the works and take care of customers. There was no need to tip the staff as they were all too busy and minding their own business! I have decided to patronize with them in future for all my Linea's wheel-related matters.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th November 2011 at 08:31.
  (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 21:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alloy wheel repair + Balancing + Alignment : A1 Car Care Centre (Bangalore)

My general preference has always been Sai Iyengar since Ashwin happens to be my bum pal. However the other day i was hard pressed for time and decided to check this outlet. Work was done pretty quickly and efficiently, would recommend him for sure.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:24   #3
BHPian

Is there any place where I could polish the mirror lip on my Alloys? I asked at a lot of places in Kerala but there were none that would do it. Would there be someplace in Bangalore that might do it?
Old 27th February 2012, 08:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to see headlight focusing as one of the offerings as well, will try this as A.S.S fellows didnt do a good job of it earlier.
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pretty much the best place to find used refurbished rims, tires for trackday etc. Ilyas and his team work very efficiently and always do a great job.

The guys remove alloy wheel bends, fix sidewall cuts on tubeless tires,fit spacers etc etc.

Only other place I go to apart from Madhus. Highly recommend them.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:13   #6
BHPian

Hi,

I too visited A1 guy Mr. Ilyas, with punto bent alloys which has removed, though it was not 100% round, the differnce was adjusted with adding weights, a dependable worthy shop to have service of alloys.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is on my way to work and I see long line of cars almost everyday here on jacks. They consist of humble Maruti 800 to Hondas, Mitsubishi, Beemers, Skodas and so on and some of them are from neighbouring states (KL, TN, AP). Has a busy job on hand.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:57   #8
BHPian

I have been customer to this person from last 8yrs. Very good and trust worthy.
He is very friendly and ready to solve your problem always. Cost wise he is very good and sometimes oblige to your price. And most interestingly he is very knowledge when it comes to wheels,tires and alignment.

one caution: Only speak to Ilyaz for your needs and quotes.

Last edited by tabrez02 : 24th September 2012 at 15:59. Reason: missed the last line.
tabrez02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Got one of my alloy wheel bends at the A1 center. Costed 700 bucks. Job was neatly done.

For wheel bend related issues, I would visit this center if needed again.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Pretty much the best place to find used refurbished rims, tires for trackday etc. Ilyas and his team work very efficiently and always do a great job.

The guys remove alloy wheel bends, fix sidewall cuts on tubeless tires,fit spacers etc etc.

Only other place I go to apart from Madhus. Highly recommend them.
While the services are still the same(Read: Really good), the prices have shot up ridiculously. I wouldn't consider it reasonable anymore as they overcharge for everything. They tried to charge me 600 bucks to replace a wheel stud that they broke(though i wouldn't hold that against them) Same bolt at Hyundai cost 80 bucks and Labour was 200.

I wouldn't go to them for anything apart from wheel alignment and balancing, and for that too i would prefer Madhu's now.

Be really careful when buying used rims there - while they offer you great choices, a lot of rims have been very badly damaged before being re-conditioned by them.
Old 23rd January 2013, 00:36   #11
BHPian

All

While driving back from office late evening last Monday (Salarpuria Arena, next to Star Bazaar to Vyalikaval), i ran over a huge block which was lying next to the median.

There was a huge crash and the right front wheel came down. I immediately came over to the side of the road and saw that the a ~5" portion of the steel wheel lip had completely been peeled back - not broken.

The tyre seems to be clean and the block seems to have hit the wheel only thankfully.

I raised the car to change to the spare wheel and my jack stopped working. A very kind samaritan gave me his and i changed the wheel.

Came back home and found out about A1 and this thread for Alloy Wheel bends. I figured if alloys can be managed, steel wheel should be fine.

I reached A1 and was met by Illyas, he was very polite and considerate and agreed to get the same recitified. He had his boys also remove all the other wheels, balanced and refit them.

When the wheel was set right, i was amazed to see that i could not make out where the bend was. The job has been done very very neatly and in the time promised.

The over all experience has been very clean, prompt and professional.
Thanks to Ilyas and Aleem

I would recommend them for any kind of wheel repairs.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

I also availed the Services recently at A1 Car Care. I got the tyres changed for my New Honda City from stock tyres to Michelins. Ilyas gave a good exchange deal and ensured the work was done quick and done right.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Is there any place where I could polish the mirror lip on my Alloys? I asked at a lot of places in Kerala but there were none that would do it. Would there be someplace in Bangalore that might do it?
You can take your wheels to A1 Alignment itself. I got my wheels buffed and polished successfully for a decent price.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:58   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Wow.
Thats nice.

I want to have my alloys done - small scratches and scars because of the bad Bangalore roads.

Can you post a direction map to get to this place?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
All

While driving back from office late evening last Monday (Salarpuria Arena, next to Star Bazaar to Vyalikaval), i ran over a huge block which was lying next to the median.
When the wheel was set right, i was amazed to see that i could not make out where the bend was. The job has been done very very neatly and in the time promised.

The over all experience has been very clean, prompt and professional.
Thanks to Ilyas and Aleem

I would recommend them for any kind of wheel repairs.
Old 16th February 2014, 07:05   #15
BHPian

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?ie=UT...&ved=0CJMBEMgT

Hello Shankar

The above should give you the directions
Use Google Maps and the location near Ashoka Pillar is the one i have been too.

Be down to earth when you speak with these guys. They will try and push a buyback or try to sell you new ones.

Be clear on what you need. My car runs on steel wheels, hence i cannot comment on alloys.

Regards
Pratap
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed