Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 15:02   #1
BHPian

Body & Denting Work - CarZ (Bellandur, Bangalore)

My car (Esteem) went through a nasty bang in the basement of the apartment. There were damages to the front bumper, front left fender and mainly front left door.

Took it to CARZ, and got it repaired there at a fraction of the cost at ***. They are truly professional, and tell you exactly what can be done for every part. The panel fit and paint finish are extremely good. I will try and upload photos of 'before' and 'after'.

Pros:
Enough space in and around the garage.
They have a proper paint booth.
They communicate properly on what is needed (I claimed insurance as well - it is in progress)
They give you options - full fledged replacement, repair wherever possible, negatives of patch painting etc.
They delivered on time as promised.
Value for money
Very customer friendly. The SA never got bored with my queries

Cons:
Took more than 3.5 working days to get the work completed. However was communicated on this at the beginning
Not sure of their expertise with mechanical/electrical parts

Would rate them 5/5 on body work

Location: Near Iblur flyover, Outer Ring Road. It's on the left side when you go from Marthahalli to Agara, just before Iblur flyover.

Jeep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 00:42   #2
BHPian

re: Body & Denting Work - CarZ (Bellandur, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Pros:
Value for money
If you shopped around for quotes, can you please compare Carz with other places, especially the A.S.S?
Old 14th July 2012, 09:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Body & Denting Work - CarZ (Bellandur, Bangalore)

My SX4 as well as Fortuner have had some scrapes recently. Will check them out. Everytime I go to the ASC, they offer to paint the entire area at higher cost - which doesn't make sense.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:45   #4
BHPian

Re: Body & Denting Work - CarZ (Bellandur, Bangalore)

Went to one of the ***.

They said they wanted to change the front left door, front left fender and front bumper. Total was ~30K. However they knew that insurance folks would chop it down.

Got the front door and fender tinkered and painted completely. Did spot painting on the bumper. Altogether the cost was < 7k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
If you shopped around for quotes, can you please compare Carz with other places, especially the A.S.S?
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 17:51   #5
BHPian

hello Jeep
you created this thread about CARZ in 2006. Are CARZ still doing body works and do they still do this in good rates? I have to repair my Alto with several body repairs, including both fenders, back and one door.
Would be great if you can send me the contact details like phone number of the key person at CARZ.

regards
Rajesh
Old 30th July 2012, 22:34   #6
BHPian

Hi Rajesh

I went there recently and not in 2006 :-)

You may get in touch with Mr Ram Kumar of CARZ (Bellandur, Bangalore) at this no: 8892957166

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hello Jeep
you created this thread about CARZ in 2006. .

regards
Rajesh
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 23:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jeep,

Can you please post the before and after photos of your car?

I have noticed the shop, its big and can be easily seen from ORR.
Old 18th September 2012, 19:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

I found CARZ to be expensive and didn't like their A.S.S. like attitude. I live very close to their shop and have visited them two times.

First was to change engine oil wherein they refused to use oil brought from outside. I walked away.
Second was a couple of days ago to get a quote on denting and painting the front fender, bonnet and bumper. CARZ quoted 13.5k while Ford quoted 14. I'd prefer to get it done from Ford obviously.

Finally, they have a big board announcing "German Technology Car Wash". What they really have is just a pressure washer (similar to the one from Bosch) from some German brand. And to top it off they use regular rough kitchen towels to wipe the car . I'd say, stay away from CARZ.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 15:40   #9
BHPian

Any recent reviews of this place. My Esteem is now 8 years old and has had its share of scratches and minor dents from the roads of Hyderabad and Bangalore. Pratham Motors ORR have given a quote of 40k to paint the whole car(visible areas only).

Would Carz be cheaper and better?

MaSh
Old 26th February 2013, 16:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
My Esteem is now 8 years old and has had its share of scratches and minor dents from the roads of Hyderabad and Bangalore.

MaSh

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 16:36   #11
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Any recent reviews of this place. My Esteem is now
Would Carz be cheaper and better?

MaSh
You can also look at Sai colorium, located in JP nagar, they are reasonable and good quality also !

There is a thread in the directory also !
Old 26th February 2013, 16:54   #12
BHPian

Me too found Carz more expensive than @ss for my Getz. I preferred to get the worked done from Hyundai itself
You can also try Mahindra first which is opened 100 meters before Carz if coming from Marthahalli. In fact I read some thread about them couple of days back
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 08:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Went to Carz with my old santro for some minor works. There was a screeching sound coming from engine bay during cold start and when a/c is switched on. I also had to fix a dent in the back caused by another car banging. The boot door was stuck due to misalignment. I also had some sort of grating sound while applying brakes. Unfortunately tgese guys were extremely unprofessional in their behavior. Initially after reaching there, nobody even attended me for about half hour. Then the security guy told me to go and call some guy who was busy chatting inside the workshop. He came and the moment I mentioned about screeching sound he said it is caused by fan noise and immediately vanished without even bothering to listen to me further or even check in the bonnet. Another 10-15 minutes passed and this person was still roaming around without any attention. After a few minutes another person came and asked me. I mentioned about the dent to him this time and he also left after looking at it. No response again! Then I pulled the first guy again and he mentioned that the fan belt has to ordered and will take a few days and cost 750. He also said he cannot check the brakes or fix the dent as the workshop is full. Interestingly I did not see anybody doing any work there other than chatting and loitering around. I wonder how do they get any business with this attitude.

I had earlier given my car for servicing and fixing some other stuff and that time it was attended more promptly. Now it seems to be going down the drain. Cost wise, as mentioned here by others, I don't see them any different from HASS though. Not sure why anybody would even visit this place for works.

Btw, I need suggestion on any other workshops who can do the works. How is carnation? Or are there any better ones in sarjapur road?
Old 5th July 2015, 15:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Btw, I need suggestion on any other workshops who can do the works. How is carnation? Or are there any better ones in sarjapur road?
You can go to Bay 6 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Talk to Sajan or Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks