Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 22:13   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Bangalore is the running board repair capital of India. I have also suffered 2 bad incidents with my Cruze. The ugly stones and unscientific pavements are the culprits!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 13:01   #152
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Do keep the thread updated when the work is done. Would love to see how it turns out.
Sure, will keep the thread updated.
Old 30th March 2015, 18:10   #153
Senior - BHPian

Half cut tree stumps and uneven pavements meant three incidents to my running board. Its true. Bangalore is the Running Board Capital.
Old 6th April 2015, 12:01   #154
BHPian

Quick update : after a shop visit , my colleague has decided to get the running board fixed with Trend. Will post some pics after the job is done. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 14:56   #155
BHPian

My colleague took the delivery of the car today and Trend guys have done an exceptional job, Dinesh and team are courteous as ever and a fantastic end result. Happy with the overall experience. Let the pics do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20150408wa0010.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20150409wa0010.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20150409wa0012.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20150408wa0012.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20150409wa0013.jpg  

mazda4life is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 15:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
My colleague took the delivery of the car today and Trend guys have done an exceptional job, Dinesh and team are courteous as ever and a fantastic end result. Happy with the overall experience. Let the pics do the talking.

This is somewhat the correct way of repairing the running board.

Some Other Garages including Sai Colorium used to drill holes or hammer the running board with nails and pull out the dent. Leaving large holes in the area.
Next step use body filler to cover the holes.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 9th April 2015 at 15:23.
Old 9th April 2015, 16:06   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let the pics do the talking.
Can you please let know rough estimate for the job. I have an similar work pending for my Alto.
Old 9th April 2015, 16:45   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know rough estimate for the job. I have an similar work pending for my Alto.
Sent a PM , please check. Hope it helps.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 11:49   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent work by Trend! Really pleased to see the result. The finish is factory perfect.
Old 12th April 2015, 23:37   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Had visited Trend on 2- April to show my XUV since a biker had brushed his foot pedal to rear bumper.
Checked with Trend, they rubbed the mark with solvent and polished to make it less visible.

To reach the place look out for Nissan showroom on your left side when driving down from Silkboard towards Electronics city.

Soon after you cross Nissan, you will cross Dominos Pizza, cross that and you will reach Omex car accessories shop.

Take left from there

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150402_112944629.jpg

Soon after you take the left, take the immediate left to the bye-lane which runs parallel to Hosur road.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150402_113021386.jpg

Trend is located next to the red Maruti 800 parked on left side.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150402_113026860.jpg
mpksuhas is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:00   #161
BHPian

Hi Folks, met with a nasty accident on outer ring road last week.
Since the vehicle which hit me was a bike, Indian rule applied and me being the 4 wheeler owner had to bear the first aid cost which i must say is day light robbery here.
Got to know that sutures are charged on per suture rates which can hover around 200/suture!

Anyways my Alto K10 now has a nasty dent just above the rear door rubber strip/body side molding.

I was planning to visit Trend over the weekend, so any references which might help with the introduction and pointers to their standard rates would be really appreciated.
Old 31st May 2015, 10:43   #162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Some vandals attacked my car last week when I was away.
Despite it being covered and checked twice a day!

I went to Trend and got the job done but the scratch was too deep to fix, so I quietly covered it with an "I Drive Safe" sticker!

Dinesh and team did their best but this damage cannot be handled without a complete repaint of the hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_4528.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_4531.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:01   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Trend recommended for bumper repair too? I have 2 unsightly gashes in both bumpers which will need specialized treatment with heat gun and fresh plastic before repainting.

Am anyway considering them for a full touch up and minor tinkering after 4 years of Bangalore traffic.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

An activa driven by two kids rammed into my left bumper and then slid all the way past both doors, leaving scratches, rubbing impact marks, paint marks, dents, the works. Luckily the kids survived without serious injury after trying something as stupid as trying to beat a yellow light that had already turned red, by revving past me to go straight .. so impact was at pretty high speed. Even the cop blamed them + helped them get first aid, told me to move on and not get involved further.

Anyway Trend managed a bill of around 13800 for the lot (including for some roughened surfaces on a mirror where an overtaking truck pushed my mirror in, and assorted minor scratches on the other side of the car accumulated over 6 months of blr traffic), then sold me some wuerth polishing for 1500 more. Pretty cost effective, going to the honda ASS for this would have been several thousand more, enough to claim insurance for sure.

Quick update - just got it back. The car looks like new. The garage owners asked me if I was a tbhp member, said they'd seen my post and thanked me for it.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2015 at 16:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th June 2015, 19:39   #165
Senior - BHPian

Second visit to Trend bodyshop and satisfied again with the work carried out.

I had self inflicted a dent on the rear of my Figo while reversing into the parking lot and hitting a pillar which left a dent just below the tail lamp and above the bumper. There was no damage to the bumper except for some scratches.

I had visited Trend the same day and got an estimate and postponed the work for later as I had to leave the car with them for the work. In the meanwhile , visited Ford service center which is just a km from my place and they quoted quote a huge amount for a small dent and even with insurance , I had to pay a good amount which didn't make sense to me.
Finally decided to leave at Trend yesterday and got it back today. The only disadvantage for me is the distance since I stay more than 15 kms away.
Nevertheless, it was worth it . The work done was such that , it looked just like before, no trace that there was a re-paint done in that area at all.
The bumper scratches were touched up as well.

Dinesh also shared his knowledge on the different process and types of paints they use and how they manage to get the right shade ,which is when I realized there is a reason the quality of their work is factory level,if not higher.

Happy to see my red rascal back in full shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150411_113711.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20150620_140731.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed