Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 09:59   #181
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
They are also planning to put a full-fledged painting booth in their garage in 2 months time.
OK all stories will end up with happiness, Yesterday i visited TREND to correct the peeled up final coat which has done by KHT, & it has been corrected by Dinesh with processional guaranteed work, a new full fledged paint booth has already commissioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20150919_1812221.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20150919_1813561.jpg  

subbarao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 15:55   #182
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
We all know that Trend brothers are skilled, professional trainers and good people. They do not have the knack of marketing, finance targets etc.. Their customer satisfactions are solely from the product of their work.
I'm quite convinced about the quality of the work based merely on feed back here. Which is reason why I made a thirty kilometer trip to get some repairs done on a dent I managed to pick up (pics below).

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20151129_092404-1280x960.jpg
Door and quarter panel

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20151129_092352-1280x960.jpg
quarter panel and rear bumper

I haven't got the work done as yet, as I still have a bitter taste about the way I was handed the estimate. He first asked me the price of the car, at which I point I even joked and asked him to please not charge me based on the price of the car. Nevertheless, I gave him the price of my car (I have a Ciaz ZXI).

He then quoted INR 9000/- (including taxes) for the repair. He justified the estimate saying that it's the same rate even for altos (read small cars) without me asking for a justification (all I asked if the estimate is negotiable). He then offered me an 800 buck discount on technical grounds (which won't work for me as I need to claim expenses while filing returns)

I'm no expert on cars or paint jobs, but this does seem a little excessive to me. Was hoping to get some clarity here on the forum. Is this a reasonable quote?
Old 30th November 2015, 16:26   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post

I'm no expert on cars or paint jobs, but this does seem a little excessive to me. Was hoping to get some clarity here on the forum. Is this a reasonable quote?
Nope. This is on higher side and definitely not the right way to ask for a quote.

If they are now charging randomly based on how much the car has been purchased for it's very sad.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:07   #184
BHPian

Well....I have to hand it Mr. Satish (I'm assuming he follows this thread). He called me and profusely apologized for the confusion. He swears that he didn't give me the quote based on the price of my car, and I'm rather inclined to believe him. He seems to be genuine guy (which to some extent has been corroborated here on the thread)

But yea, I still think the quote is on the higher side. Intend to a bit of quote shopping before I give my car in (prefer to do the negotiating before hand). I don't mind paying a small premium for his services, but if the quote is way off I might reconsider.

Either way, will keep the thread posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nope. This is on higher side and definitely not the right way to ask for a quote.
Thanks for clarifying Vid. FYI, His quote is based on the fact that three separate panels need to painted and the quarter panel would also require some denting repair (factually correct). What would your estimate be?
Old 30th November 2015, 19:29   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite convinced about the quality of the work based merely on feed back here. Which is reason why I made a thirty kilometer trip to get some repairs done on a dent I managed to pick up (pics below).
I suggest you get these panels clayed and polished. 90% of these marks will disappear, only few marks will be left behind (marked in blue). IMHO the results should convince you to ignore the remaining marks.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-ama1.png

I'd give this a try before spending 9000rs on painting it first.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 30th November 2015 at 19:57.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:42   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I'd give this a try before spending 9000rs on painting it first.
Agree with Sunnyboi completely. Once you are done with the above process buy some black paint and do a brush touch up.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:45   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying Vid. FYI, His quote is based on the fact that three separate panels need to painted and the quarter panel would also require some denting repair (factually correct). What would your estimate be?
I got the exact same dent on my Corolla Altis a few months back. A careless driver scraped the rear right door, rear quarter panel and same 1" of rear bumper against the basement pillar.

I gave it to Sai Colorium and the total cost was 6.8K. Overall result was pretty good even to my OCD standards.

I would agree with Sunny though. You can give it to a good detailer and this will be close to hidden except for the small dent on door and fender.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th November 2015 at 19:46.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:30   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I gave it to Sai Colorium and the total cost was 6.8K. Overall result was pretty good even to my OCD standards.
Thanks Vid . Will get quote from Sai Colorium as well. Your incident sounds fairly similar to mine based on my dad's narration of his incident.

But yea, the detailing plans sounds good. I was planning on having the car detailed in any case before this happened. This place called Reflecton somewhere in Marathalli (heard good things about them). Though the Reflecton guys preferred that I have the denting and painting jobs done a week before the detailing.

Besides, there is no dent per-se on the door. That's just paint sticking out.
Old 4th December 2015, 06:59   #189
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My poor Yeti seems to be sustaining more than its fair share of wanton scratches and accidental stone chips of late.
Each time I just pop over to Dinesh and get these minor jobs done.
The vehicle is 4 years old and by and large it is pristine. But these nasty scratches are bound to happen in scenarios like our country. When it is parked at hotels or at the service centre or wherever when it is out of our sight.
Unfortunately all my scratches seem to be in visible places!
Very upsetting but we are chugging along with minor surface repairs and treatment.
Luckily the vehicle is tough and hence, minor scratches are kind of shrugged off. But it still hurts a lot.

Trend Auto has been singularly helpful - even by my slightly OCD standards!
Old 8th December 2015, 14:30   #190
BHPian

This is a review of the body repair on my car, which was attended and completed at Trendz. In the first week of Nov'15, while maneuvering a 90 Degree left turn in a non-streetlight road, my car suffered a body bruises and dent in the left front and rear door panels.
In the last week of Nov'15 I dropped my car for getting the repairs done.

The body repair were done to my satisfaction, but some of the other works were not pleasant.

1. Interior / Exterior cleaning wasn't done when the car was given back to me after the work.
2. I had informed about small touch-up in the boot area of the car, which again wasn't carried out.
3. I had pointed out a alignment issue with the front bumper near the front right wheel. I was informed that the alignment will be attended. but wasn't carried out.
4. There was a mention of free anti rust coating, which again wasn't carried out.
5. I was promised delivery within 5 days. But I had to call Trendz to get the status even on 6th Day. They did not update me about the completion on 5th Day.

So I rate them 3 out of 5 for the sheer amount of work on just the body repair and not on other aspects of the detailing part. They might have very good expertise in attending car body repair, but due to the heavy deluge of cars, they are not much attentive with customer satisfaction.

Regards,
carlosTHEjackal
Old 13th December 2015, 10:47   #191
Senior - BHPian

Carlos, I agree on all your points. As I had mentioned earlier they follow up all posts on teambhp but probably not willing to show process improvement. Things like these from past one year turned once an ardent fan like me to the current state.

Last edited by deehunk : 13th December 2015 at 10:48.
Old 31st December 2015, 15:45   #192
BHPian

So, I had rust on my rear door(below the beadings) -plus I had reversed onto a coconut tree . My car spends 2 days at Trend and everything is as good as new . I am happy.And yes- their new paint booth is really awesome!

And I agree to the fact that earlier the car used to be returned with a full interior + exterior cleaning- not so now :(

Last edited by adg_andy : 31st December 2015 at 15:46.
Old 9th February 2016, 12:45   #193
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Had a run-in with a kerb while trying to avoid an imbecile biker coming the wrong way and the Brio ended up with some fairly significant damage yesterday morning. It was a sharp left hand turn, and hence although the speed crawling, the LHS running board and lower portion of the door sustained damage.

Since there already were some minor scratches from a parking incident a few months ago, I decided to go to Trend. Called up Dinesh yesterday morning at 10:30 and he informed me that he has no place to take my car immediately since all his slots were booked and told me to bring the car on Thursday. I agreed and he said he'll call me back if a slot opened up. True to his word, an hour later, he called back saying he has a free slot and that I can bring the car tomorrow.

Made the long trip to Trend and reached there at 10:15 AM this morning. Dinesh was not at the workshop but his brother, Satish handled all the responsibilities of giving me an estimate and assured me of good workmanship, especially since he they have a new paint booth. Saw a few cars being worked upon there as well.

From the extent of the damage, he said I can expect the car back in 3 - 4 days time. Uploading some pictures of the damage below.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-01.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-02.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-03.jpg

Last edited by gpa : 9th February 2016 at 12:47.
Old 14th February 2016, 16:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

This is a minor work, expect about 3.5K estimate for this job.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:26   #195
Senior - BHPian

Today I had some free time and called up trend automobiles for getting a quote to fix up the dents on my car. When I went over, Satish came out and inspected the car. I have three dents (one on left front passenger door and two on the rear passenger door) and a deep scratch on the left side of the front bumper. Attached the pics below. I have got a quote of 9900 + taxes for fixing the dents, painting and overall polishing. Painting would be done for both doors + left half of the bumper + touch up on all scratches (which is not many) . He did mention that painting would be done in the booth and the color match would be 97%. Looking at the dents and overall work needed felt that it may be more. Do you guys feel that the quoted price is right for the work to be done?

Dents on the passenger doors.
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-fullsizerender2.jpg

Scratch on the front bumper.
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-fullsizerender3.jpg

Most Viewed