Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 14:44   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Thanks to Sagar for pointing out this thread.
A truck backed up on my parked Figo and broke my Figo's tail lamp and a nasty dent.
The service center is giving 5/6k estimate for the dent and repainting. The tail lamp is 1.5k
Would it be worthwhile travelling 30km to the Trend automobiles shop for getting the job done. I reside in kadugodi.
It's worth it, Trend will source the required parts themselves.
I got the City Tail lamp and rear bumper replaced with Trend.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 19:14   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
Hello BHPians,
Mr.Dinesh is very knowledgeable about the process, I appreciate his commitment and quality of work. Highly recommend Trend Automobile for any Body repair related work.
That is an amazing job really! Like company level work has been pulled off here, Does anyone know someone like them here in Mumbai, I really need to get a dent off my jetta.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 00:04   #228
BHPian

I had a dent and few scratches in my car in two separate incidents. So thought of trying out Trend for their superb skills in after market denting and painting work.

Pics before the work-
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160613_083123.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160613_083117.jpg

Called Mr Dinesh and spoke about the apt time for the repair. So dropped by his shop on Monday evening and he got the job done by Wednesday morning. I had troubled to find the shop but when I called Mr. Dinesh he guided me easily (just take a left turn as soon as you near the pillar 48 of the Ecity flyover when you go towards Ecity from silk board.)
I was totally satisfied with the work done. I could not even recognise the paint difference to the OEM quality.
Here are the pics-
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160619_095733.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160615_184046.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160615_172528.jpg

Here is the Cost details.
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160625_235739.jpg

Overall I am a happy customer. Didn't even go to the VW ASS for getting a qoutation.

Last edited by redcruiser : 26th June 2016 at 00:08.
redcruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:14   #229
BHPian

Warning: Long post!!

My Vento 1.6 TDI(2011) had scratches / damages in front and rear bumper. There are also scratches / dents in all the doors as well. I did not bother to rectify them for quite some time as they would reappear in no time in Bangalore traffic. However, every time I look at the car it does not leave me with a good feeling. I finally decided to talk to Dinesh from Trend Automobiles to see what can be done and how much would it cost.

I called Dinesh up and reached his workshop on a Saturday (2nd July 2016) at 09:45 AM to discuss the work to be done and estimate of cost for the work to be done.

Work to be done:
  1. Front bumper damage around towing eye and other scratches
  2. Rear bumper damage near the boot lid closing and other scratches
  3. Scratches and dents across all door panels and rear left panel.
Recommendation from Dinesh:
Front Bumper:
He looked at the damage around towing eye and other scratches. He offered two options:
  • Repair the cracks around towing eye, add the towing eye cover and paint the entire bumper with a rider that they may reappear once it is disturbed by external force
  • Replace the front bumper and paint.
Rear Bumper:
Similar options as that of front bumper.

Doors and Panels:
Having looked at the dents and scratches Dinesh recommended that none could be done without painting the entire panel.

Estimate:
Dinesh gave an estimate of INR 25,000 excluding tax and spare parts (front bumper - INR 3,700, towing eye cap - INR 250)

I took the estimate and requested him for few more days for me to come back to him and left place.

Decision:
I have been pondering over this over next few days and decided to get only the front bumper (replace and paint) and rear bumper (repair and paint) done. I can live with the dents / scratches on door panels for some more time. I did not want to go for all of them at once due to the unknown factor of getting it done outside service center and my priority was front and rear look.

I spoke to Dinesh again and the revised estimate excluding doors and panels came down to INR 12,000 (approx). I did give him a go ahead and paid advance to procure the front bumper on 9th July 2016. Dinesh called me back on 11th July 2016 to inform the arrival of front bumper.

I dropped the car on 12th July 2016 at around 09:45 AM. Dinesh suggested to go for body polishing (INR 1,800) and water mark removal (INR 650). Thought about if for few minutes and gave a go ahead (I realized later that I could have got it done from 3M as the cost seems almost equal).

Dinesh said it would take two days to complete the work and I could get the car back on 13th July 2016 evening. However, I could take the delivery only on 14th July 2016 morning as the work was not complete on 13th evening.

Work Done:
Front bumper replacement and painting
Before:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-front-bumper-before.jpg

After:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-front-bumper-after-1.jpg

Rear bumper repair and painting
Before

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-bumper-before-1.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-bumper-before2.jpg
After:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-bumper-after.jpg

Body polishing and water marks removal (do not have pictures).

My observations on the work done:

Pros:
Happy with the work completed for both the front and rear bumper and the fitting was also as close to the original though not 100%

I could not make out that rear bumper was repaired at all. There are no traces of the crack near the boot lid closing area.

I am also happy with the painting and matching is fine unless you look closer.

Body polishing is fine. Not comparable to 3M (I have got it done from 3M three times). Water marks are removed. The car looked much better.

Dinesh also touched up all the places where there are scratches. You can make out very clearly it is a touch up. I did not expect anything more than this.

Dinesh provides two years guarantee for Paint Peel, Bubbles and fitting. I felt happy to hear and I can go back to him for any issues with painting and fitment. The only rider here is that it should not be caused by external forces.

Value for money, transparency and no forcible add on. It would have costed upwards of 20K if I were to get it done from VW Workshop.

Cons:
Couple of places in the front bumper there were minor scratches (you do not expect from a freshly painted bumper). Dinesh asked the staff to attend to it with some rubbing.

Front left wheel well cover was not properly screwed to the bumper at couple of places. This was attended to once pointed out.

Cost Break down:
Front Bumper Replacement (INR 3,700)
Front Bumper Towing Eye Cover (INR 250)
Front Bumper Painting (INR 3,500)
Rear Bumper Repair, Painting (INR, 4,000)
Body Polishing (INR 1,800)
Water Marks Removal (INR 650)

Thank you for reading post.
AutoInt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 12:21   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I had a dent and few scratches in my car in two separate incidents.
Did they paint the entire panel or only a touch up? I have a smaller scratch on my vehicle, didnt want to get the entier panel repainted, hence the query.
Old 25th July 2016, 13:13   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
pramodpk It looks small but the damage is more when observed closely. VW claimed that they would install new doors (both LH doors) which came close to ~24K, remaining for the labour and paint . ~6K for some processing he said, for which the insurance company would not be paying for it.
At least in your case, the metal was dented heavily. In our case, for the Fiesta, there is a scratch about 12 inches long, with metal exposure of about the size of a 1 rupee coin, and Ford ASS suggested to change entire door panel costing about 18,000 including labour.

Good job by Trend. I had taken a quote from them, almost 15k for majority dent removals and front and rear bumper. Still need to get it done, but in a dilemma since the car is almost 9 years old and planning to change it late next year or early 2018.
Old 25th July 2016, 16:24   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Did they paint the entire panel or only a touch up? I have a smaller scratch on my vehicle, didnt want to get the entier panel repainted, hence the query.
They said that they needed to paint the entire panel for color matching. But the work so well done that you can not even make out even if its a touch up.
Well I guess you have to believe what Dinesh and co have to say. Frankly speaking I can't make out what actually was done after the job was completed.
redcruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 08:38   #233
BHPian

Guys - Is this the best body shop in Bangalore? I need some denting/painting on my Fiat Punto as I reversed into a wall the other day. I have never tried any third party service/body shop ever but given the condition of Fiat Service in Bangalore & the fact that my car is over 4 years old now, I am tempted to try a third party body shop.
Old 20th August 2016, 09:13   #234
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

These guys are good no doubt at all about it.
However, Ive only (thankfully) had to take recourse to their body shop and touch up services for very minor scratches and dents and things...

My Dad's I20 had some bigger dents and paint scratches on account of nasty auto rickshaws in Chennai. He wasn't willing to wait to come to Bangalore and get these fixed so he gave the car to the Hyundai guys who typical of them, just changed the panels, repainted and colour matched them with the rest of the car, and gave it back along with a nice fat bill.

Of course, luckily he was able to claim insurance on the whole thing so he is quite happy.
I guess peace of mind also plays a role here.

I guess instead of the quarter lac that he paid Hyundai he might have been able to get the whole thing done at Trend for about half that, but still, I guess, since Insurance paid up, it was a sensible thing to go to Hyundai direct...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 10:04   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Guys - Is this the best body shop in Bangalore? I need some denting/painting on my Fiat Punto as I reversed into a wall the other day. I have never tried any third party service/body shop ever but given the condition of Fiat Service in Bangalore & the fact that my car is over 4 years old now, I am tempted to try a third party body shop.
It is arguably the best in Bangalore. Dinesh is a very knowledgeable person and gives attention to detail. Gives you a reasonable estimate for the work involved with proper justification.

Most of all, transparency is assured in all the exchanges and you can trust them to leave the car with them overnight.

For a first time visitor, the location and the place can be a bit underwhelming. However, that's no indicator of the quality of work done.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 14:44   #236
Senior - BHPian

Third great experience at Trend for my BMW X1. Couple of weeks back there were couple of dents near the top of the rear quarter glass due to come concrete pieces falling from a building. Called up my savior at Trend and sent him the pics. He said since there were scratches, a paintless dent repair is not possible but he could use the electric puller to pull out the dents and do a localized painting. I was not sure of the paint merging quality but decided to give it a try. Voila, after 2 days, my car is shining like a princess and as if nothing happened. Paint match is perfect, but more importantly, there was no way to figure out it was a localized painting and merging. Great job and Thanks Trend. Some before and after pics
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1627.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1628.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1839.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1840.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1841.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:19   #237
BHPian

I had an EXTREMELY PLEASANT Experience with Trend last week.

My post on scratches+dents can be found here.

Gave car on 31st Jan (Tuesday) in late evening and car was ready on Friday Evening(3rd Feb)- though I collected on 4th Feb morning as I was stuck in office.

RESULTS

Please excuse picture quality as taken by mobile- different angles/lighting etc.

BEFORE Pictures 23-May-2016
AFTER picture as on 04-Feb-2017

RIGHT FRONT FENDOR:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-front-fendorcomparison.jpg

RIGHT REAR DOOR:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-door-comparison.jpg

RIGHT REAR WHEEL
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-wheel-comparison.jpg

Wife was very happy - said car looks like a brand new car!

Other points:
1. Offered 2-year guarantee
2. I got the polishing done as well

I am very happy with the overall quality and the turnaround. I would highly recommend them!
Definitely light on pocket and high on quality!

Last edited by navin : 1st March 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Changed Jan to Feb
daretodream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 17:51   #238
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

What I like best about the Dinesh, Aneesh and Satheesh Trio is their care for their customers and the generous time they spend with us.
My Dad also is very fond of them - some unspeakable idiot had scratched Dad's car rear bumper and now and then we have encountered other minor issues with that car on account of the general "badness" of people. Each time, Dinesh and team have sorted it out nicely.

Same goes for my Yeti and now more recently, for my Gypsy.
The Gypsy was in pretty battered condition when I got it first. Trend has helped give its appearance a new lease on life as can be seen from the before and after pics I have posted on the various Gypsy threads...
Old 8th February 2017, 19:38   #239
Team-BHP Support

Had a good experience with these guys, the Polo Tsi had lot of scratches and dents thanks to bangalore traffic, and last week a car dashed on it from the side damaging the front bumper and headlights and sped away. Unfortunately we took a new insurance policy just before this incident and due to the older dings, complete repair was ruled out under insurance, damage to plastics meant it was not worth the claim.

After a bit of debate with Viddy, it was decided we take it to Trend which would be the most reasonable option.

Ding on Front bumper
Headlight realigment
Fender denting and painting
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-front-bumper.jpg

Front LT door nasty gash
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-left-side.jpg

Right side front & rear door dents and scratches to rear panel
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rear-right.jpg

Estimate was about 22500 + taxes and left the vehicle on Saturday morning and was promised wednesday delivery. Tuesday i called up and asked for bank details to transfer and Anish mentioned vehicle would be ready today morning. He again called me today asking me to come and inspect, which i did at noon. Car was under coat of wax, still i did not notice anything glaring to flag off then. Anish again called me in the evening and insisted i come and take delivery when light is there, so rushed at 5.30 pm and i am quite pleased with the outcome. Headlight clamps inside were damaged but they managed to repair them with "metal wire and glue", anyways alignment is 95% spot on and i think they did a great job. Total bill 27225/- including tax.

Some pics for viewing pleasure, lil rushed up pics maybe i will share better pics later.

Definitely recommended and next taking the CRv for a badly needed rejuvenation.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0053.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0054.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0057.jpg
Jaggu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 20:30   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Total bill 27225/- including tax.
Don't you think that for 5 panels this exorbitant? For bumpers they can always do partial painting if the dent is on one side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks