Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 12:39   #316
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Recently I visited Trend Automobiles to fix a dent on my Duster's fender, they did a decent PDR job and the dent almost vanished.

Here are more details with pictures:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5003601 (Sold my Nissan Terrano MT, bought a Renault Duster AMT)
Old 18th February 2021, 14:22   #317
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Got a crack in my XUV500 windscreen due to falling stone from a truck.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-2.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-111.jpg

Any suggestion if this can be fixed?
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:32   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Got a crack in my XUV500 windscreen due to falling stone from a truck.

Attachment 2123240
Attachment 2123242

Any suggestion if this can be fixed?
Better to get the Windscreen replaced (Its covered by insurance). Till then be cautious while parking the car under hot sun, it can expand in no time.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:39   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Better to get the Windscreen replaced (Its covered by insurance). Till then be cautious while parking the car under hot sun, it can expand in no time.
Right suggestion. Since Glass has cracked line(2nd pic) better to go with new glass.

There are windshield professional (name of the shop). They fix dotted cracks for sure but they are too costly. Not sure if they fix line cracks.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:24   #320
BHPian

I forgot to mention that i had put 3M sun film on the Windscreen and replacing the same would mean i need to scrap the sun film also which is the worry and thats why looking at a fix than replace.
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:42   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
I forgot to mention that i had put 3M sun film on the Windscreen and replacing the same would mean i need to scrap the sun film also which is the worry and thats why looking at a fix than replace.
Replace the glass whenever there is a crack, small chips can be repaired but not that big of a crack. It is not a good practice to install sunfilm on the front windshield anyways, so get rid of that in the process as well.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:54   #322
BHPian

My Altis (Pearl White Mica) was hit by an XUV such that the side of its rear bumper has suffered a color damage and the panel above the bumper has suffered a small dent (no color damage though).

What is the quickest and cheapest way to solve this? The bumper as such has another scratch at the rear and the car is not insured.
Old 15th December 2021, 14:16   #323
BHPian

I'm on Kanakapura Road in South Bengaluru and my 10 months old Turbo Duster CVT dashcam rear cam feed ain't working. Could someone suggest reliable accessories shop to take a look and fix it.

The ASC guys aren't helping. Couple of shops near my place aren't professional enough from the outset. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th December 2021, 18:13   #324
Senior - BHPian

After 65k km and4 years of battle field type roads at Bangalore, I finally took my Crysta for some denting/touch up/paint work.

Over the years, there were several spots of white that was visible through the Garnett Red. There were scratch marks through the sides done by vandals/kids, a BMTC gifted me a big dent in the front bumper, a school bus shared some yellow paint of his into my rear right number.

Went to trend after several years. Estimate is quite good. I have had a good experience with them for my Red Brio. Hoping they get me a good finish back.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-d4934dfdc9f4482b94acd2ea2e54e61f.jpeg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-468d4a8bfc5d434f8599fa029620ba75.jpeg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-0507686986bd4b719bb1e5effbad3599.jpeg  

Old 30th December 2021, 11:48   #325
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back yesterday.

Came back with a ‘mixed’ feel. The dents and scratches are gone. The bumper and the rear right panel looks as good as new. What I did err was in having them polish the car. Whilst the car was gleaming and shining with polish and all thr water marks and swirl marks gone, it did bring to prominence the ‘white’ chip marks from the stone hits. That said, thr car looks smashing now.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-8e2cb7263d24449baffced22353365ce.jpeg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-ce3d235c27dc4ec0bf1f9eedf99f871d.jpeg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-7d13b73cfc854e76893cbc26bd00c758.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:47   #326
BHPian

My Duster's A-pillar got a dent yesterday (after effect of the heavy storm and rain). A tree branch fell on it and dented. Pictures attached for reference.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-pic1.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-pic2.jpg

As you can see, since it's on the pillar, so complete door repainting is not required. Only fixing that spot, and painting the upper part of the door is needed. As per my understanding, this is not a very long job, and can be easily completed in a day.

I was told that I need to leave the car there, and collect the next day. I told them, that I can come @ 9AM (as soon as they open) on a weekday, and stay back for the whole day, as I am not comfortable to leave the car there. But they were not at all ready, and said I can take it somewhere else if I want the car same day.

Anyway, decided to take the car back, and look for some other body shop, as I am not at all ready to leave my car with them overnight.

Last edited by Repsol : 9th May 2022 at 15:53.
Repsol is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:57   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

As you can see, since it's on the pillar, so complete door repainting is not required. Only fixing that spot, and painting the upper part of the door is needed. As per my understanding, this is not a very long job, and can be easily completed in a day.

I was told that I need to leave the car there, and collect the next day. I told them, that I can come @ 9AM (as soon as they open) on a weekday, and stay back for the whole day, as I am not comfortable to leave the car there. But they were not at all ready, and said I can take it somewhere else if I want the car same day.

Anyway, decided to take the car back, and look for some other body shop, as I am not at all ready to leave my car with them overnight.
I think from their point of view, they will have other cars lined up and probably won't be able to finish it in one 8 odd hour shift. I had a candid chat with a small workshop near my house in BSK 2nd Stage and he often laments that the boys are not as diligent as the owners and they have to be constantly yelled at to get quality work done. In fact, he himself requests me to leave my Swift overnight (at the least) if I have any work to be done. He says with the customers loitering around creates undue pressure and stress on the team and they tend to goof up because they get nervous, which I felt might be reasonable.
Old 12th May 2022, 18:57   #328
BHPian

I for one did not have a great experience,

1. Had left my Jetta for a pdr on the bonnet

Result: That dent was removed but the car came back with another small dent on a different place on the bonnet.

2. The point where the wheel arches meet the running board had some surface rust, due to the car being parked for a pretty long time in the storage/garage. Had requested the surface rust be sanded and paint applied

Result: The rusted part was untouched, and some different shade of white was applied, the wheel whell area was filled with paint (maybe from a car being painted nearby), the original mudflap, was screwed to the body with a generic screw and washer instead of a simple clip that was missing from one of the original locations.

3. Additionally, the steering wheel had paint marks made probably by the technician and the air deflecter under the front bumper/wheel arches were damaged and cut.

In the end, I was made to pay more than what the initial estimate was, which was the topping on the cake, as the estimate was for a lot more than what was actually done on the car.

I left the place quietly, vowing, never to go back again!!

All in all, I was expecting a lot more after reading the good review on tbhp, but I was taken aback!

I don't blame anyone, it might be a one off case (the one in a million thing)!!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 12th May 2022 at 18:59.
ssjr0498 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 13:06   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiredd1005 View Post
I think from their point of view, they will have other cars lined up and probably won't be able to finish it in one 8 odd hour shift. I had a candid chat with a small workshop near my house in BSK 2nd Stage and he often laments that the boys are not as diligent as the owners and they have to be constantly yelled at to get quality work done. In fact, he himself requests me to leave my Swift overnight (at the least) if I have any work to be done. He says with the customers loitering around creates undue pressure and stress on the team and they tend to goof up because they get nervous, which I felt might be reasonable.
I agree what you mentioned, there might be pressure on them when the customer is around, but then that is their problem.

In my case, I got a quotation from them for 2.5K to get this fixed. Since I didn't want to leave the car with them, I checked with Renault Service Centre Sarjapur, and there is some paint camp going on. So they quoted 3.5K to fix this. I chose to go ahead and left the car with them. They fixed it and gave the vehicle back next day. Touchwood, no new issues or dents in that one day when my car was with them

End of the day, it is a personal choice, whether you are comfortable to give vehicle to FNG or ASS. I chose the later.
Old 28th May 2022, 23:18   #330
BHPian

Hi all,

My carbon steel grey Polo somehow got a bit scratched on the bottom part of the front left side door. Image attached. VW showroom is quoting 8.5k for full door painting. But I'm apprehensive about a full repaint because a factory finish is a factory finish. Would it be advisable to go to Trend Automobiles to get this touched up? Are they good at paint matching? Or would it be better to have it repainted at the ASS? Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20220524_192256.jpg

Most Viewed