Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 18:17   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

This is to put out a public note of appreciation to Mr Dinesh and Mr Satish of Trend Automotive.

As planned, I dropped my Yeti off at their garage in the morning at 0945. Mr Dinesh kindly dropped me to my office in Koramangala and I quietly went about my work. Seeing the damage he said that they would need about half a day to get the work done. He asked me to call him by about 230pm.
I got busy and finally rang him around 430pm. He said the vehicle was ready and that I could pop over and pick it up.
I hopped into an Auto and went straight there and was very pleasantly surprised that my vehicle now looks as good as new if not better. They have very kindly polished up the Yeti and removed any other tiny little scratches which the vehicle keeps acquiring in the course of daily usage and running in Bangalore city.

A first class job done and in record time with minimum fuss and irritation.A very fair price charged for the quality of work done as well. I really like and appreciate the Pride that Dinesh takes in his work. He has a pleasant, friendly personality and plays his cards straight - I like that attitude very much indeed.

Basis this first class experience, I would heartily recommend Trend Automotive off Hosur Road for any body shop related work that anyone on TBHP Bangalore may need!

Please see the pictures and judge for yourselves - I had posted the pictures of the damage earlier and with this note I am attaching the pictures of the vehicle after the job was done!
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1092.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_1093.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 18:55   #32
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

I whole-heartedly second this appreciation. Last week, I got work done on my Palio Stile at this place. Paint was bubbling up on the right fender and front bumper had too many scratches. The original rework on the right fender was done at Prerana Motors, Peenya body workshop. Apparently, the material used in that round was so bad that Trend had to re-paint (starting from applying primer) the fender thrice. They didn't charge me for this and stuck to their original estimate. It took them extra time to complete the work due to this issue, but they were not willing to deliver the car until they themselves were completely satisfied. I found all three brothers - Dinesh, Satheesh and Anish to be equally professional as well as passionate about their work. About the cost, their's was the lowest quote I came across. Quality of work is top-notch.

Double thumbs-up from me as well.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:36   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

A rear ending incident caused a big dent on my bumper with scratches and black marks on it. Took it to Trend Automobiles after advice from KarthikK and Sidhu. Here are the Before and After pics, I was really satisfied with the work done by these folks.

The had to remove the bumper to pull out this dent and rubbing was done to remove the black marks and some scratches.

More information on the incident in the below post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3196508

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-d1.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-d2.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-photo0020.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-photo0021.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 15:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Got a dent which was bothering me removed today thanks to this thread.
Had been there last week to get an estimate and appointment.
Went there this morning by ten and unfortunately there was Sail UVA which had come in which delayed my work.
Had to wait a couple of hours for them to start work which was less than a half hour job.
It was a paintless dent removal which was done in their paint booth since they didn't want me to see. Trade secret when i asked. Small bumps can be seen when viewed from an angle like rashes.
Nevertheless, good job with hardly any trace of their work and very reasonable .
Before and after pictures below
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img414.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img710.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by tharian : 5th August 2013 at 16:04.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 14:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

So finally I managed to visit the famous Trend Automobiles today. Thanks to the Wok From Home option at my work, I managed to take some time for this work.

Woke up late at 11:00 AM and first thing I did (without even brushing) was browsing through this thread and calling up Mr Dinesh for an appointment. He said that I can come in directly and he would assess the damage and let me know how and when can it be fixed.

Some thing at work prevented me for starting immediately. So started from home at 12:00PM. For some reasons even at this time BTM Lake Road and Silk Board junction were choked. Managed to reach Trend Automobiles at 12:30PM.

Mr. Dinesh greeted me as he remembered that I had called him in the morning. Showed him the damage (dent) and he said "oh, only this, yes we will fix it now"

So he navigated the car to an enclosed garage within the main garage. I was following him but he asked me to wait outside. Then all the doors of the Operation Theatre closed and the operation "dent removal" began.
I asked Mr Dinesh if I could see the procedure and he said that it is secret and customers were not allowed inside that operation theatre. He asked me to wait in the Customer Lounge, which was very nice considering that this was a local garage.

I was looking at the various cars undergoing treatments.
There was a silver Swift whose running board being painted. And then there was a black Palio which was getting the rubbing done on its bonnet, and yes it was a BHPian's car, who was not present there. Had a Cisco parking sticker on it.
Found a Body Repair Technology guide in the customer lounge. Looking at the thickness of the book, I almost fainted, but I am sure that the guys working there master in each page of the book.

In flat 15mins, at 12:45PM, I saw mt car rolling out of the garage. Mr Dinesh asked me to see the work done and boy, I was confused which side of the bumper was damaged !!! That was the level of perfection achieved !! The bumper has creases on its design and the dent was removed and the creases done with so much perfection that it looked as if nothing was there in the first place !! Although it was a minor job, but I am very very very impressed !! Mr. Dinesh said that he has been in the field for 25 years and this is what is feeding him, so he has to get perfection in his job.

How much did I pay ? Very nominal, can't disclose here.
Mr. Dinesh said that dents and the type of repair varies from cars to cars and he charged me very less since they didn't have to remove the bumper even. He asked me not to disclose the amount to anyone since it would set a mindset amongst customers. So, sorry, can't disclose the mount here.

Some pictures from the Customer Lounge and the Final work.
No pictures from Work In Progress, since I was not allowed in the Operation Theatre.

Customer Lounge:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_123709.jpg

Body Repair Technology for 4 Wheelers:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_123659.jpg

Trend Automobiles powered by Team-BHP:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_123806.jpg

BHPian Car spotting. BHPian not spotted.
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_123336.jpg

Before:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130801_184810.jpg

Before:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130801_102354.jpg

Before:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130801_102348.jpg

After:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_133418.jpg

After:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20130808_133426.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2013 at 18:36. Reason: Removing some...umm...unnecessary details! ;)
Soumyajit9 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 16:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Ooops !!! Thats right
I meant in the positive sense. Will change it to "Famous".
I have the same sort-of dent on my rear left bumper. Thanks for the report. Mind disclosing the cost via PM?

Any idea on till what time they are open?
Old 8th August 2013, 17:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I have the same sort-of dent on my rear left bumper. Thanks for the report. Mind disclosing the cost via PM?

He opens at about 9-9:30 in the morning and would give the delivery tima after inspection.
I had a nasty dent in the bumper and got it repainted from them. Repair charges are very nominal.
Definitely recommend them for the jobs.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 18:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
PM'ed you some details Utprabh.
Old 16th September 2013, 10:44   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Arun Sekhar drops the following email:

Quote:
Hi Moderators,

I was looking for a reasonable garage in Bangalore since I had few prominent scratches on left side wheel arch of my Micra. The paint touch-up quoted by the two service centers was exorbitant and total ripoff.

I have been a guest member in team-bhp since 2008 and this below thread caught my attention after going through the reviews.I would really like to thank team-bhp and bhpian (Mr decode ) for bringing up "Trends automobiles" in team bhp forum.

I have attached the pics of my car before/after the paint touch-up.I was amazed to see that they completed the job on the same day itself and of course price was very much reasonable as everyone said .
BEFORE:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-before.jpg

AFTER:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-after.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 12:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Mr. Dinesh greeted me as he remembered that I had called him in the morning. Showed him the damage (dent) and he said "oh, only this, yes we will fix it now"
That looks fantastic. Why didn't you get the black mark on the bumper touched up? Get that done, I would suggest.

MaSh
Old 16th September 2013, 13:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
That looks fantastic. Why didn't you get the black mark on the bumper touched up? Get that done, I would suggest.

MaSh
Thanks Shobhit !! Talks of black marks, you will loose count of em' on the front bumper.
I spoke to Mr. Dinesh and have got a rough estimate to touch up both the bumpers, + a nasty gaze on the running board under the LHS rear door.

Vitamin M is escaping from my wallet for sometime since June (became a Father). So things are on hold for my ride.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad experience today at this place being a 3rd time customer, called Dinesh today morning for body color painting of door handles, orvms and spoiler, he asked me go come directly with the car.I was on leave so took the car and reached around 10.30am, there were only 2 cars, Dinesh was busy on a Polo and there was another Fiesta. I talked to his brother who gave an estimate of INR 4700, few minutes later a Zen came in which required lot of work. The person who was talking to me left my car, he got involved with Zen and also immediately started working on it, I waited patiently for about 40 minutes thinking they would start the work becoz it was only a simple job. They just ignored and were busy between themselves, I went to them and asked for probable delivery time to which they said tomorrow evening.I decided enough is enough and just came out with my car. It looks success is getting into their heads they just wasted my time. I did not expect this shoddy treatment after being their twice, Bangalore is a place where you get many such places, too much over-confidence can only damage their reputation. But one word of advice they are good in doing patch painting, did a patch paint on my Accent's bonnet few months back although claimed full bonnet, I realised it on the spot at the time of delivery, ignored it becoz they charged less, later one of my friend's Polo also had a patch paint on driver side door although they claimed full painting, just be careful!

Last edited by deehunk : 17th September 2013 at 14:10. Reason: typo
Old 18th September 2013, 11:44   #43
BHPian

Visited trend Yesterday. I had a crack in a fiber part and dent in a metal part(near rear number plate) . Dinesh had a look at it and said that it will cost around 3k and I need to keep the car with them for 2 days (Kropex later gave the same quote) . In addition, they would sew the fiber part up, which IMHO is not safe. Decided to change the fiber part @ Kropex for 700 bucks and use transparent nailpolish to seal the scratch.....as for the dent- it remains :(
Old 18th September 2013, 18:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

There is a change in their behaviour and certainly price is high now like others, I decided to do a DIY job as it will cost about INR 800.
Old 18th September 2013, 19:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I decided to do a DIY job as it will cost about INR 800.
DIY sounds interesting. Could you please post the pictures of the work you did?

Most Viewed