Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 18:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had a bad experience today at this place being a 3rd time customer, called Dinesh today morning for body color painting of door handles, orvms and spoiler
Today Dinesh called me and asked the reason for my displeasure and criticism, we had a long talk for one hour and I obviously had to convey my views for feeling bad, good that he took my views seriously and called back otherwise I would have never gone back. Finally we agreed to being more interactive in future and do more of one to one communication if at all I have any objection. I have had friendly chats with Dinesh always and this time felt bad as I had high expectation from me. He always answered my questions patiently and gave suggestions, so as planned earlier I will be going for painting work tomorrow. I will post the pictures after the painting is completed.

Last edited by deehunk : 19th September 2013 at 18:46. Reason: typo
Old 28th September 2013, 16:37   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
so as planned earlier I will be going for painting work tomorrow. I will post the pictures after the painting is completed.
Any updates on this after going back?
Old 28th September 2013, 18:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am still waiting for plastic panels of my rear door which needs a replacement, once it is replaced I will be going to them for painting work.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 22:06   #49
Team-BHP Support

Tried Trend out for 2 of my friend's cars. Very good job done by them at reasonable rates. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Price was very reasonable. Without negotiating both cars were repaired well within 2 grand

The entire effort for both cars took just over an hour. I reached at 2:30PM and we were out by 4PM with both cars fixed. The Ford took 45mins whereas the Ertiga took 30mins.

Ford Figo fender dent cause by a BMTC bus.

Before:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131004_154554.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131004_154509.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131004_154535.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131004_154523.jpg

After:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_152753.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_152803.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_152809.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_152831.jpg

Maruti Ertiga front fender dent caused by a car reversing into it in parking lot:

Before:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_144910.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_144919.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_144923.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_150335.jpg

After:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_161820.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_161906.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_161912.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_161914.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131005_161921.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2013 at 22:08.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 10:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Tried Trend out for 2 of my friend's cars. Very good job done by them at reasonable rates.
Good job there.
I see the reflection of an Austin on the Ertiga. Please share some more pictures of it, if you have.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 10:27   #51
BHPian

I too was there when Vid6639 was getting his car dent removed. It was truly amazing to see no traces of the dent after they got it out. The Figo took a bit more time as the metal was quite hard.
I got a dent removed from my SX4. Sorry dont have pics to post. But it was amazing the way they remove the dent without need for repaint. I also had half the bumper repainted too and one could just not make any difference at all. And the cost of repair was too good to be true.
askicode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 18:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Good job there.
I see the reflection of an Austin on the Ertiga. Please share some more pictures of it, if you have.
Here you go. I had been there for a dent removal on my Baleno and had clicked these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0784.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0785.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0786.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0787.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0788.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0789.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0791.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 12:36   #53
BHPian

Good work.

Hi,

Yesterday i was in Dinesh's place to get small paint job which can't be ignored, asusual good work, & also there was an 2 other customers who has received great work are happy about the proffesional hand's of the brothers, surely they desrved.

Brother's keep the smiles for ever.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st October 2013 at 10:32. Reason: See note in post.
Old 24th October 2013, 15:01   #54
BHPian

My Laura had picked up assorted war wounds on the rear bumper, including one from an extra-friendly Santro which then proceeded to run away. It also had a small dent from an affectionate lorry in Salem, while en route to Coimbatore.

I decided to go to both Trend and Sai Colorium for quotes last week. I got a very reasonable quote from Trend. Sai was closed last week and frankly Trend's quote gave me very little motive/incentive to keep looking. I also added on some polishing and removal of hard water marks to good effect - the car needed some love after nearly 3 years.

I picked up the car yesterday, which was ready at the promised time. I had to spend a few minutes pointing out some very minor irregularities which were soon corrected. My friend, who had recently gotten his Civic repainted in Chennai and had come along, commented that this was the best dent-repair work that he'd seen in a while. The painting job was very decent and they had also mended some small tears in the rear bumper very effectively.

Net-net, very satisfied. While a full-body paint job might be better served at a place with a clean booth, I would highly recommend Trend for jobs such as touch-up and dent repair work.

Last edited by BackInTheFold : 24th October 2013 at 15:03.
Old 27th October 2013, 13:15   #55
BHPian

I got a dent on my Silver Renault duster while reversing it in a narrow parking spot. The Renault service centre recommends changing the whole window which is a 4 day long wait with the hassles of insurance claim etc. Would it be wise to visit Trend Automobiles for a new vehicle like this one?
Old 27th October 2013, 13:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Would it be wise to visit Trend Automobiles for a new vehicle like this one?
Sorry to know of the damage. There is no harm checking with Trend Automobiles. Work out your insurance cost and see what works. Include the loss of no claim bonus in your calculation.
Old 27th October 2013, 13:37   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a dent on my Silver Renault duster while reversing it in a narrow parking spot. The Renault service centre recommends changing the whole window which is a 4 day long wait with the hassles of insurance claim etc. Would it be wise to visit Trend Automobiles for a new vehicle like this one?
Unless you post a photo of the damage, we cannot say whether it's wise to give it to Trend or the authorised guy.
Old 27th October 2013, 23:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Unless you post a photo of the damage, we cannot say whether it's wise to give it to Trend or the authorised guy.
Here come the unfortunate pics :

Name:  ForumRunner_20131027_235507.png
Views: 14160
Size:  462.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131027_235544.png
Views: 14162
Size:  362.0 KB
Attached Images

pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 00:49   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here come the unfortunate pics :

Attachment 1158804

Attachment 1158806
My suggestion would be to go to Trend and get the paintless dent repair and just buff out the whole scratch. It will be visible but the dents will reduce a lot.

It's not worth going to Renault for this. Unless you cant stand to see a blemish, just do the dent repair.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 18:39   #60
BHPian

Pahwa, go to Trend. I had a similar dent removed there on Monday (Oct 28).

Injury was self-inflicted. It is dark in my parking basement, and full of pillars and narrow pathways. Despite me having my headlights on, a biker suddenly showed up on my right from a path, and I instinctively braked and swerved left and crunched into a pillar.

The first 4 photos show the damage. My biggest fear was the damage to the crease line. That would be difficult to get out.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-01t.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-02t.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-03t.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-04t.jpg

These two show the door fixed:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-11t.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-12t.jpg

At the time the car got dented, it also suffered some deep scratches. Initially we thought we would paint the entire door. Since I couldn't leave the car overnight (for the paint to dry properly), I had them fix the dent, promising to come later in the week for the paintwork. But after the dent was removed, Dinesh suggested leaving it as is, saying his paintwork could never match the original. I agreed since the color is technically Minimal Gray, a layman would call it Silver, but if you look carefully at it in real life, there is a tinge of blue in it. The bigger round white spots you see are fingerprints that went away when the car was washed at 3M.

At my request the deeper scratches were filled with silver paint with a hairline brush. I went straight to 3M HSR, got the car washed and asked them to buff it, but they recommended leaving it as is. For now I will leave it like that; It is the only blemish in my otherwise spotless car, and will serve as the antidote for the "buri nazar"

Three brothers own and operate the place, and Dinesh is the eldest. I called him (# is in the first post) and got an appointment. I suggest you do this too to minimize your wait time. Their native tongue is Malayalam, but Dinersh converses in English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, etc. He was very happy to know I was from TBHP and I got extra TLC - make sure you mention it to him multiple times . He was also happy that I spoke to him in Tamil (not my native tongue, but I speak it ok).

They have an enclosed space into which they take the patient when the operation is going on. You are neither allowed in there nor can you see what's going on. Apart from hearing noises, you will be clueless as to what they are doing. But who cares, the end result is great.

Charges are entirely reasonable, and they are highly recommended.
TheTeacher is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks