Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 20:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Here come the unfortunate pics
Pahwa, take it to Trend. Your ride will be taken care of.
Absolutely not required to take it to A.S.S or claim insurance.
Old 1st November 2013, 23:07   #62
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Pahwa, go to Trend. I had a similar dent removed there on Monday (Oct 28).

Charges are entirely reasonable, and they are highly recommended.
Thanks buddy, for the long & detailed posts. As they say - A pic is worth thousand words and when a pic is supported with another thousand words, it solves many confusions

I will go to the Trend guys after calling Dinesh as you suggested. Could you please share the costs of repair of your car? The work is amazing and as you rightly said, its as close to perfect as it can get without replacing the whole door.
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the costs of repair of your car?
I'm sorry I can't. I think Dinesh gave me a discount because I'm from TBHP, and he made me promise I wouldn't reveal the cost. Suffice to say I was quite stunned (in a pleasant way) when he told me how much to pay. Make sure he knows you're from TBHP and that several dents he fixed for TBHP members in recent days prompted you to go there since you liked the quality of the work. That will put a big grin on his face!

I mean this, because if you look at the crease line, it is near perfect. The addressed my biggest fear.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 2nd November 2013 at 11:56.
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:45   #64
BHPian

Forgot to give directions. I'm new to Bangalore, so I can tell you from one direction only.

From Silk Board: take Hosur Road (surface road, not the flyover) towards Electronic City. Enter the service road (on the left side) at about flyover pillar # 44 (there is a break in the barrier here), then from the service road, turn left into mud road opposite flyover pillar #48; then first left (mud road again); workshop is on right after about 25 metres.
TheTeacher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:12   #65
BHPian

Happy to know that the skills and professionalism from Trend (Dinesh, Satish, Venu and Anish) have touched your hearts (cars) being lighter on the pocket with satisfaction to smile for miles. Yes, they are proud to entertain any teambhpian to show they do better on the each job awaiting in queue. The team is simple but elegant .. Way to go! Trend”setters

Last edited by decode : 22nd November 2013 at 19:13.
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Went to Trend with a friend's car today.

Couple of dents were removed inside the operation theatre. Highly recommended place for PDR. Also liked the way the brothers dealt with us.

Here are some pics. I do not have before pics of one of the dents.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131123_224115.png
Views: 10032
Size:  560.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131123_224144.png
Views: 10008
Size:  593.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131123_224208.png
Views: 10001
Size:  722.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131123_224232.png
Views: 9983
Size:  611.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131123_224241.png
Views: 9960
Size:  678.9 KB
Old 26th November 2013, 19:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

So it happened to me today..

On my way to office. I stopped behind a bus which was trying to left turn in a small corner and another bus trying to take a right turn from that same lane. The second guy, negotiated the turn with great difficulty and as I was about to move forward, this guy overshot the turn and rubs into the backside of the car. Heartbeat missed moment for me, could not stop immediately as there was lot of traffic, so I stopped a little ahead and by his time, this rascal of a human managed to scoot off. Here is the picture, the one on the wheel arch is deep and with a cut too, can this be repaired or do i need the whole bumper changed?
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131126-14.52.45.gif  

Old 26th November 2013, 20:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Half of the bumper atleast should be repainted as there seem to be considerable loss of paint. The fender can be rubbed and polished.
Old 26th November 2013, 20:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
So it happened to me today..

On my way to office. I stopped behind a bus which was trying to left turn in a small corner and another bus trying to take a right turn from that same lane. The second guy, negotiated the turn with great difficulty and as I was about to move forward, this guy overshot the turn and rubs into the backside of the car. Heartbeat missed moment for me, could not stop immediately as there was lot of traffic, so I stopped a little ahead and by his time, this rascal of a human managed to scoot off. Here is the picture, the one on the wheel arch is deep and with a cut too, can this be repaired or do i need the whole bumper changed?
I'll suggest, rather then getting the bumper painted, get rubbing and touch up done. That would take quite a bit of the marks
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:18   #70
BHPian

I had picked up a dent + some scratch in the wheel arch in my white Dusty. Had in fact got done PPF post that but was
never happy with the eye sore. So took it to Dinesh after speaking to him, got it inspected and he pointed out additional
dent in the rim of the arch as well. Worked the rate with an NDA, took some snaps before the fix, got the dents fixed, paint
work done. Am I happy? Of course I am. I will post the before and after snaps. One thing remains is to get for that small
portion the PPF re-done. I know there different view points on that. But based on my personal experience, I see value
in that.

Thanks to guys for pointing Trend. I spent sometime talking to Dinesh and getting some tips on exterior care for Dusty.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 06:35   #71
BHPian

Images before and after the fix at Trend The line you see is the end of PPF
I have done for the wheel arch. I have to get it re-done for the fixed area.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-dsc02498.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-dsc02501.jpg  

Old 9th December 2013, 19:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

I had a good experience with Trend Auto over the last couple of days on my BMW X1. Last month someone had made a 3 inch long deep scratch on my bonnet, possibly with a key. It was pretty deep that I could pass my fingernails through it and it had removed the paint as well. At the same time, it was not bad enough to warrant a denting and painting job. Had decided to leave it as is, till I saw this thread and thought of trying them out. Also had a minor hairline scratch in the rear bumper and the rear BMW logo. Took the car to them on Saturday morning after speaking to Dinesh. Had told specifically only to try and fill the scratch and do a brush touch up. Also decided it was not worth buying the original paint as anyway there would be a line visible even after finishing. So Dinesh just mixed a few shades of white to get an approximate match. The touching was done with the brush and the scratch was filled with the paint. Obviously the paint was jutting above the bonnet level as you can see in the pics and the idea was to sand it down using a fine water paper after drying. Tried drying with a heating gun but as the thickness of paint was high, it was not drying. So he suggested that I come back after couple of days so that it is dried, but I had to ensure that no one touches it in the meanwhile. Instructed my cleaner as well not to wipe the car for couple of days. Took the car today evening to him again and he used a very fine water paper to sand down the paint to bonnet level. Now the scratch is neatly filled and I cant feel it with my nails which is great. He also buffed it up for a nice finish. Of course, as expected, there is a line visible, but its so much better than what it was. He did not want any money for this, but I insisted that I pay.
Some pictures, starting from the scratch as it was, the car at Trend, work in progress, scratch after brush touch, and after the final finishing. I'm one happy man. Thank you Trend Auto and Dinesh. Very nice people to deal with.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131130_121721.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131130_121752.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131207_093931-2.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131207_102901.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131207_105733.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131207_110605.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131209_152319-2.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131209_165901.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20131209_170053.jpg  

dinu2506 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 12:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

I've a cracked part in my bumper from a bottom hit - can these guys fix it ?

How long do they usually keep the car , I hope they return it in a couple of hours for small jobs ?
Old 10th February 2014, 11:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've a cracked part in my bumper from a bottom hit - can these guys fix it ?

How long do they usually keep the car , I hope they return it in a couple of hours for small jobs ?
Yes they should be able to fix it , i got some work done on my car recently i was not very happy with the color matching & time taken.
Also the interiors were absolutely dirty when i got the car back.
They have a lot of clients now , probably more than what their small workshop can handle with ease . I would recommend them only for small spot paint / dent removal , not complete panel painting or other extensive jobs.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 14:03   #75
BHPian

Guys, unfortunately while parking in a cramped spot, have scratched and slightly dented the running board below the rear door of my new grand i10. Had a word with Dinesh, who assured me that he can take care of it and wants me to drop the car over for a day. I've read only great reviews of their service on this thread, but was still apprehensive about leaving a brand new car in their garage for a day. Dinesh has asked me for pics and mentioned that only by looking at the pics he would be able to let me know if the car needs an overnight drop or can be fixed the same day. Please advise if it would be ok to leave the car there for a day, if required?

Most Viewed