Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 17:22   #91
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

I saw your car having its finishing touches done yesterday. Yes there is some shade variation between the freshly painted tailgate and the other bits but white paint does tend to turn yellowish with age so that really can't be avoided.

I also saw two Red Puntos sitting there with damages to their fronts - one drove out after his work was done and the other was still sitting there.

The Punto is such a delicious looking car, especially in Bright Ferrari Red!

I was there yesterday for an hour and a half, getting Dinesh to remove the little dent on my wheel arch, caused by the evil biker a couple of weeks ago.

My car was taken in at 945 and I got it out at 1045. As good as new pretty much and a nice price too for the job.

Hope that I don't have to visit Trend for more work on my poor Yeti in the future. The only reason I want to have to visit them is just as a friend dropping by to share a cup of tea and shoot the breeze, or while possibly introducing some other poor soul in need of their help, to them.

As usual, Dinesh, Sathish, Anish and team have come up trumps and I thank them for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Dropped my car yesterday morning at Trend and got it back today.

Dent was removed and the tailgate had to be repainted. Total cost was 4K - 1.6K for the dent repair and 2.4K for repainting.

My car is 4.5 years old, so if you notice carefully, there's a difference in the freshly repainted tailgate and any of the panels next it to it, but I guess that's unavoidable, and the difference isn't significant.

Overall quite happy with the quality of work done and the price point at which it was done.
Old 18th May 2014, 17:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

My bad luck in getting rear ended is continuing, this time it was an Alto and this incident happened near silk board.

FASS says only way is to replace the bumper and Trendz said painting will be required to bring it back to pristine condition. Will take it to them this week and see how it looks after removing the dent.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-lineabd1optimized.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-lineabd2optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 22:49   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My bad luck in getting rear ended is continuing, this time it was an Alto and this incident happened near silk board.

FASS says only way is to replace the bumper and Trendz said painting will be required to bring it back to pristine condition. Will take it to them this week and see how it looks after removing the dent.
So, here it is. Excellent work by these guys at Trend Automobiles . Surprisingly the major work was removing the bumper which took close to one hour and then again the same time to fit the bumper. In between they took just 15-20mins to repair the bumper. It looks close to perfection. I didn't opt for painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20140520_125729optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 09:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, here it is. Excellent work by these guys at Trend Automobiles . Surprisingly the major work was removing the bumper which took close to one hour and then again the same time to fit the bumper. In between they took just 15-20mins to repair the bumper. It looks close to perfection. I didn't opt for painting.
This is amazing. Did they do a brush touch up? The scratch also disappeared.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:21   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
This is amazing. Did they do a brush touch up? The scratch also disappeared.
Yes, they did a light touch-up on the place where the paint has completely come off. Other option was to go for painting which i didn't want to.
Old 25th May 2014, 22:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Planning to visit Trend next week to take care of the dents I have accumulated in the last two years, courtesy driving by wife too. Hope it goes well.
Old 26th May 2014, 19:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they did a light touch-up on the place where the paint has completely come off. Other option was to go for painting which i didn't want to.
How long did they take for doing the whole process?
What were the final charges?

Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 14:14   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
How long did they take for doing the whole process?
What were the final charges?

Thanks
It took 2 hours with the repair job taking only around 15mins of it. Removing/Fitting the bumper took more time. Regarding the pricing, they asked me to keep it confidential because some times people start comparing to negotiate the charges.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 16:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you dont mind, can you please PM and share how much it costed you? I understand its confidential, but an indicative range will do good for me.
My Brio is dented in the exact area like your car and the extent of damage to my brio is also quite similar. Thanks.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 27th May 2014 at 16:09. Reason: Added PM word
Old 17th June 2014, 14:44   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
If you dont mind, can you please PM and share how much it costed you? I understand its confidential, but an indicative range will do good for me.
My Brio is dented in the exact area like your car and the extent of damage to my brio is also quite similar. Thanks.
Nothing really confidential about it . For PDR (paintless dent removal), they can charge anywhere around 200-1000 bucks depending on the size and shape of the dent. Smaller dimple dents will be fixed for as low as 200 bucks and in 5-10 minutes. Bigger ones such as those in Arun's picture would take considerably longer to fix and entail charges nearing 4 digits.

I would say PDR fixes for dents are still superb value for money, because there is no tinkering, part replacement or repainting involved with this cheap and effective method, yet you get almost the original finish back for a fraction of the cost of conventional repair. No headache of leaving the vehicle for days together, or color mismatch after repainting, etc. However, do note that if the dent is big enough to rupture the paint layer fully (especially on metal area), they will suggest repainting to avoid future corrosion. Hope this helps.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th June 2014 at 14:46.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:19   #101
BHPian

Took the Vento to Trend two weeks back. They did a really good job on it. It had a palm sized dent on the front wheel arch. Sorry, the pictures I took didn't turn out well and hence not posting them.

They charged me 700 Rs for the repair. Very happy with the courteous attitude, the quick and easy fix and the bill!
Old 9th July 2014, 22:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

Another good workmanship of PDR on my friend's Hyundai Xcent, after and before photos attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-fota04e.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-wp_20140708_001.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 06:53   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Reasonably good work I think. Unfortunately for your friend, the impact has cracked the taillight housing too which will corrode the exposed turn indicator's reflector area after some time.

Only further choice is to either replace entire housing or take it to one of the tiny plastic repair shops where they MAYBE able to mend it using leftover plastic bits and a heat gun. I have seen these being done in the bylanes in Shivajinagar/Vasanthnagar. Output is surprisingly good in many cases!
Old 17th August 2014, 16:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
Thanks a lot, I was looking for such contact for long time after similar workshop near Garvepalya area got closed where I repaired my wagon-r. I visited them today asking for a quote, its definetly cheaper, I will be giving the car to them in the month end. Will post rest of the details with picture once job is done... some interesting quote I found which will be useful to others

To remove hard water marks near glass shield and near symbols they are charging only Rs.450
whole body polishing (sedan) its Rs.1200/-, which I felt cheaper than 3M quote of 3200/-, I know quality of 3M will be much better, but its cheaper option if someone looking for...
Any further details as to how they remove the scratches caused by wiper blades.
Old 25th September 2014, 16:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

I had my second excellent experience with Trend today. In yesterday's rain some small tree branches had fallen on the bonnet of my X1 with a loud bang while returning from office. After reaching home, I realized this had created two small dents on my bonnet. Took it to Trend today afternoon and they were able to repair it to my satisfaction. Its hardly visible now. Thanks again to Dinesh and team for making my second experience on my X1 wonderful. Couple of pictures before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20140925_124906.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20140925_154031.jpg  

Most Viewed