Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 14:52   #106
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Last week a college kid rammed into the side of my bumper cracking the bumper, fog light and head lamp. Whatsapp'ed the pics to Dinesh who promptly sent me a quote. My second experience with Trend and I was not at all disappointed. Impeccable job in fraction of the cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20140919123742rev.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20140923194234aft.jpg  

askicode is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:23   #107
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Last week a college kid rammed into the side of my bumper cracking the bumper, fog light and head lamp. Whatsapp'ed the pics to Dinesh who promptly sent me a quote. My second experience with Trend and I was not at all disappointed. Impeccable job in fraction of the cost.
The work is neat.

Questions:
1. Did you get the bumper repaired?
2. Looks as if there is a gap in the bonnet - is it usual?

I have had experience with Trend and a couple of times I felt it was better to give it to the ASS as the difference in the prices quoted were minimal (less than 10%)
Old 28th September 2014, 15:44   #108
BHPian

I had to replace the bumper. It got torn pretty bad.. I think you are rite.. I need to get that gap checked.. Thanks for pointing out...
Old 30th September 2014, 13:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
I had to replace the bumper. It got torn pretty bad.. I think you are rite.. I need to get that gap checked.. Thanks for pointing out...

I can also see a small gap where the bumper meets the front quarter panel
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-sx4.png  

Old 27th October 2014, 19:14   #110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Back again on this thread!

During this Diwali Cracker Bang nonsense, some local Infidel Rakshasa Devil has seen fit to either light a big Hydrogen Bomb OR shoot a Rocket in such a way that it has dented my Yeti's tail gate in a small, but visible manner, just above the number plate.

Now I pride myself on the upkeep of my car and will have to go and see my friends Dinesh, Aneesh and Satheesh to get it fixed.

Back to square one - is there absolutely nowhere and no time in this country that is safe for one's beloved car? Safe from the depredations of these halfwitted, uncaring, mannerless yokels?
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 09:03   #111
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Dent job done. Repaired.
It is visible though, if one looks hard and at certain angles.
I guess once something is broken it can at best get back to being "near perfect" but never 100% perfect...

Here are the before/ after pics attached.
Hope I don't have to undergo this pain again....

Many thanks to Dinesh and Team at Trend, who have "come up with the goods" yet again!
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0762.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0764.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th October 2014 at 09:07.
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:43   #112
BHPian

Got 2 dents repaired from them a couple of weeks back, the work was pretty quick and good. Called up Satish in the morning to book an appointment (as I wanted it to be fixed right away) and took my vehicle there. The dents were minor, but the positions made the job a bit tricky.

One was on the right fender (attaching the pic) and the other was on the boot lid edge. Both were taken care of inside their magical OT . The charges were very nominal
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-6tag_100914103729.jpg  

nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:20   #113
BHPian

@Shankar - Do these guys accept credit/debit cards for payment. We have to take our Fiesta for some much needed repairs. The roof has got dented yesterday :(

Also are they open on Sundays?
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:33   #114
BHPian

Any such work shop in central to south Kerala? My Swift Vdi needs some minor dent and bumper repair. Many workshops suggests all side repainting even if to repair a dent in side door.
Old 4th December 2014, 18:59   #115
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Visited them again today for PDR of a small dent on left rear door. As usual, was nicely done! Will go back to them for front/rear bumper paint, couple of scratches have gathered up there after a recent Ooty trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Do these guys accept credit/debit cards for payment.
Not yet, but Dinesh assured me that they will start accepting it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Also are they open on Sundays?
No, They are open from Monday to Sat'day.
Old 4th December 2014, 23:49   #116
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Hi,

These guys are good no doubt. However, living in Whitefield and doing night shifts, it's a tad difficult to give my car to them. I need to leave the car overnight with them to fix the dent I have.

Is there anyone as good, closer to Whitefield?

MaSh
Old 7th January 2015, 09:49   #117
BHPian

My colleague had recently done a damage to his newly acquired vehicle (Celerio 2014 Nov Model) while trying to negotiate a turn and missing to spot a cement boulder which had caused deep scuff and a sizable dent in the running board along the left rear of the vehicle

Herewith posting pics for more clarity. Request to advice as to what could be the best way to fix it?

1. Claim insurance for the entire damage stating the same was done at mid night and not human error ?
2. Repair it in own cost in Non OEM garage for a lower cost

How to know if the quote given by MSIL SA is genuine? What could be the approx repair cost for such a situation? Pl advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-unnamed-1.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-unnamed-2.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-unnamed.jpg  

Old 7th January 2015, 11:41   #118
BHPian

^^ I had gotten a very similar damage to my Grand i10 repaired at Trend auto. They did an awesome job for a price less than half of the price quoted by HASS. They're great guys and can easily take care of this.

Just take it to Trend and you won't regret it.

EDIT : I just noticed that your location is Chennai. Perhaps Chennai BHPians can help you identify similar workshops in the Chennai area, as Trend auto is in Bangalore.

Last edited by Parth46 : 7th January 2015 at 12:00.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 20:46   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
1. Claim insurance for the entire damage stating the same was done at mid night and not human error ?
2. Repair it in own cost in Non OEM garage for a lower cost

This is a very small work which will cost very less. You can check out the tbhp directory of Chennai for a good place to get the dent removal and paint job.

Dont claim any insurance on this.

Last edited by rki2007 : 21st January 2015 at 20:48.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 15:09   #120
BHPian

Kind Folks

Hope everyone's had a good, looong weekend

Had been to the Trend Auto over this weekend for a list of body work / touch-ups for my Swift:
  1. Rear Right Fender - dent (big) removal and painting
  2. Rear Left Fender - minor scratches and painting
  3. Front Fender (both right and left) - minor scratches and painting
  4. Rear Left Door + Quarter panel below C Pillar - dent (medium) removal and painting

The quote given was 13000 INR + taxes.

In addition to the above, glass polishing for front windscreen (need this since there are some small scratches and hard water marks) was quoted at 1750 INR; overall body polish with Wurth was 800 INR.

So, all in all, it comes to around 17500 INR (with taxes)

When I inquired at RNS Motors on Hosur Road, the quote for 1, 2, 3 & 4 above was also 13000 INR + taxes; They dont do either windscreen polish or overall body polish.

Now, I need help from the experienced folks here in the forum - given that the quote for the majority of the body work is the same both at Trend and RNS is the same, does it make more sense to get this done at M.A.S.S or at Trend?

PS - Tried negotiating with Trend (agreed that I am not an overly good negotiator), but this is the price that it came up to.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
Void

Most Viewed