Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 17:38   #331
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Would it be advisable to go to Trend Automobiles to get this touched up? Are they good at paint matching? Or would it be better to have it repainted at the ASS?
Neither! Those look pretty superficial, you will cause more harm than not by repainting it. Take it to a good detailer and get your car detailed. You can get the entire car detailed for the same kind of money that ASS is quoting for repaint. Your scratches will almost become invisible unless they are very deep and wide, which doesn’t seem to be the case per the posted picture.

Last edited by SR-71 : 29th May 2022 at 17:40.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 13:24   #332
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Hey Guys,

After about 1.5 years of my ownership, I got more dents and scratches and there is a bit of rust on the door frame as well. Mine is Tata Altroz Petrol Hi Street Gold (base version). The dent as well as scratches are not minor and they look very ugly. Although they dont affect functionality, I am worried about rust and I think its good time to fix them after an year. Posting pics here would help but since there are many (most happened in situations where children, careless two wheelers, indifferent autowalas contributed) I guess it does not matter as I need to do a full body treatment.

I am thinking of doing dent fixing and repainting at ASS/OEM. These are not minor ones to get them fixed in FNG but if a reputed and professional FNG is there, I might consider. Any idea what would be the cost for a full body treatment at ASS/OEM and FNG?

Any inputs here would be great. I am looking to get it done in Hyderabad. But depending on your inputs, I might choose to do in Bangalore when I travel there next month.

Quinn.
Old 8th February 2023, 09:26   #333
BANNED

Warning to those intending to use Trend’s Services:

I had, based on the recommendations on this thread, recommended Trend to a friend who needed to touch up the boot of his Honda Amaze.

The final output was just okay. They did the final polish in a haphazard manner when he was about to take delivery.

However,

It is now about 9 months since the work is done and there are bubbles over the place where the refinish was done.

Bubbles appear if

(a) metal is not prepared properly or

(b) if the materials used are of low grade or

(c) if adequate time has not elapsed between the curing required for each phase.

In the case of Trend I suspect it is a mix of all three factors.

On contacting Satish, he wanted a copy of the bill and had the usual shady responses given by FNG’s. Even if he did agree to do it again would I ask my friend to have it redone at Trends?

NEVER.

Paint shops and restaurants have something in common - if its a bad experience the first time, it would be sensible not to go there again.

Car refinish is an area where there are several ways you can be conned and Trend appears to have become one of the many who con. Even if a rework is done there is no guarantee that the bubbles will not reappear and he would get to know only after 9 months or so.

The location of the workshop is not conducive to good painting as it is a very dusty location. While they do have a dust proof booth, that is used only for the final coats and dust / moisture / grime can get caught in between the layers during early stages leading to problems with the finish.

It is much better to spend a bit more and get it done at an ASS where quality of work is usually better. A check up of the quality of workmanship is essential before you give it anywhere - including an ASS.

Last edited by EV NXT : 8th February 2023 at 09:47.
EV NXT is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 11:21   #334
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear this happened. I had a good output from them on my Gray Nexon, but this was in 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
Warning to those intending to use Trend’s Services
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 11:30   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
Warning to those intending to use Trend’s Services:

I had, based on the recommendations on this thread, recommended Trend to a friend who needed to touch up the boot of his Honda Amaze.
Sorry to hear about your friend's experience with Trend. I had used Trend's services twice in the past (around 2016-17) and was satisfied with their work. Though I agree with your assessment of the amount of dust in their place.
Recently, a month ago I needed some dent repair, scratch removal and painting in my car. I was looking for someplace closer to my residence since I live in the eastern part of the city far away from Garebhavipalya (Trend).
I got it done at Colours Car Painting, near upcoming Garudarcharpalya Metro station on ITPL Road. The folks were honest and straightforward. I had a good experience with them. Maybe, your friend can try this place if he lives in this side of the city. Good luck.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:32   #336
BANNED

Further to my earlier post #333 above, putting up pics of the cheat job by Trend Automobiles. Notice the bubbles on the side, curvature and top of the boot lid. Wouldn’t advise anyone to take their car to Trend Automobiles given that they have now morphed into scam artists:
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-e4dddd8da5aa497a84e773e9d5ca8c84.jpeg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-899f4aa1d34c4695b8c9aaae6fbfa2dc.jpeg  

EV NXT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 18:54   #337
Senior - BHPian

Ah this is sad to hear about how their service has gone down. I had went there a few times earlier to 2018 and had been happy customer. I had even recommended to my friends too and they too had good experience there. But maybe in recent times they became complacent.

I had planned to go there for a complete paint of my car but have to look at other options. Any suggestions preferably on South Bangalore side?
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 10:51   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Having a paint booth alone is not sufficient. The booth must be in working condition with the filters changed at the set intervals. Sadly, most body shops including many of the authorized service centers do not follow this protocol of maintaining the paint booth.

I had got a door painted at trend around 8 years ago. The clearcoat at the edges is peeling off and the paint finish has diminished on that door. When observed under flashlight, I see a lot of pits under the clearcoat. They had not removed the door handles when painting so their rough area where the door meets the handle.

What I have realized is that a good body shop doesn't come cheap. The prep work is most important, and all child parts have to disassembled and painted separately and reassembled back. Only then one will get a proper finish. For example, door handle, door and windows beading have to be removed and then the door painted. Just masking the edges will not be sufficient.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 11:17   #339
BHPian

I am about to take my Crysta there to repair few minor scratches which accumulated in last 3 1/2 years and to fix a minor running board damage. It's a white Crysta.
But the recent reviews are not at all encouraging.

Earlier(2012-2016) I had very good experience with Dinesh and team multiple times.

Repainted my Chevy Aveo blazing red (front and back bumber, front driver side door, bonnet) before selling it off in 2013. Paint color match was superb and the paint quality too. Look at the pic when I sold it
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFvDP3gjaMFDvtWp6

Even repainted my previous Innova's front fender and bumber. It was all good work then.

Very sad to see the deteriorating quality.

Confused now, whether to take it to Nandi or any recommendations around Bangalore South.
Old 19th February 2023, 18:50   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I am about to take my Crysta there to repair few minor scratches which accumulated in last 3 1/2 years and to fix a minor running board damage. It's a white Crysta.
Confused now, whether to take it to Nandi or any recommendations around Bangalore South.
Just get it done from Nandi. Being a Toyota dealership they would definitely follow decent level of quality standards which an independent garage can't match and a lot of these independent garages start with great quality and competitiveness and over time it dies down. Same applies to these aggregator startups who promise a lot in the beginning and later mess up things as volumes rise.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 20:26   #341
Senior - BHPian

I had raised a red flag around 8 years back about Trend, then some members felt sympathetic but it was just the beginning of a new trend.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:16   #342
BHPian

Folks,

Thinking of getting all accumulated dents/scratches on my Alto K10 cleaned up and painted. Any good workshop recommendations in Bangalore Central/North/East areas? Had used Suraksha Adugodi around 10 years back for my Accent and it was a decent job from them. Do they still do a good job? Any recent feedback?

Regards
Rex
Old 16th October 2023, 17:59   #343
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had raised a red flag around 8 years back about Trend, then some members felt sympathetic but it was just the beginning of a new trend.
I actually have had a pretty good experience with them for all the small minor scratches that our cars experience from time to time.
Old 17th October 2023, 18:52   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Folks,

Thinking of getting all accumulated dents/scratches on my Alto K10 cleaned up and painted. Any good workshop recommendations in Bangalore Central/North/East areas? Had used Suraksha Adugodi around 10 years back for my Accent and it was a decent job from them. Do they still do a good job? Any recent feedback?

Regards
Rex
I had a wonderful experience with Krithi Car Care when I got my car repaired (accident repair).

As my experience was good, I have referred many of my friends to this place and they are all happy with the bodywork and paint job. They use Glasurit products which maintain the gloss for a long time.

I suggest you speak with them once before you make a final decision. You can reach them on 9148474707 or 9148474646

Last edited by autocrat : 17th October 2023 at 18:54.
autocrat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 10:30   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I had a wonderful experience with Krithi Car Care when I got my car repaired (accident repair).

As my experience was good, I have referred many of my friends to this place and they are all happy with the bodywork and paint job. They use Glasurit products which maintain the gloss for a long time.

I suggest you speak with them once before you make a final decision. You can reach them on 9148474707 or 9148474646
Thanks for the contact/reference, autocrat.
Spoke with Krishna. Meeting him on Wednesday (10/26).

Regards
Rex
rex_varghese is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks