Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 19:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Take your vehicle without any concern they are the best guys, it is safe to leave the vehicle with them.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 13:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Guys, unfortunately while parking in a cramped spot, have scratched and slightly dented the running board below the rear door of my new grand i10. Had a word with Dinesh, who assured me that he can take care of it and wants me to drop the car over for a day. I've read only great reviews of their service on this thread, but was still apprehensive about leaving a brand new car in their garage for a day. Dinesh has asked me for pics and mentioned that only by looking at the pics he would be able to let me know if the car needs an overnight drop or can be fixed the same day. Please advise if it would be ok to leave the car there for a day, if required?
I would not recommend getting a new car panel painted at trend , their paint (color) matching is horrid.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

For the past three years, my car has survived a lot of bangalore traffic abuse. And now I am thinking to visit Trend to fix them. But before I do, here are some pictures to show the extent of damage. Can anyone help me understand this is fixable by Trend?

On the front Bumper - one is close to fog lamp assembly and other one is closer to headlamp:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-frontbumper.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-frontleftbumper.jpg

This one is on front left door -

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-frontleftdoor.jpg

This is on rear bumper - result of an Auto Rikshaw brushing it badly -

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rearrightonbumper.jpg

This I am not sure how, but seems like some pointed object falling on the car trunk top while I have been away -

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-trunktop.jpg

Thanks for your help here Based on suggestions, I will schedule a visit to Trend to fix things if possible!
Old 7th March 2014, 15:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
here are some pictures to show the extent of damage. Can anyone help me understand this is fixable by Trend?

On the front Bumper - one is close to fog lamp assembly and other one is closer to headlamp:

This one is on front left door -

This is on rear bumper - result of an Auto Rikshaw brushing it badly -

This I am not sure how,
Dear Mate, Going by the pics of your car's damage I do not find anything which cannot be repaired. 2 things you need to be particular about when you go to the body shop i.e during the dry denting make sure the panel is properly aligned and the dent is properly removed. Secondly, Before the paint is sprayed make sure the dents and panels are properly prepared by using the body-filler. And lastly, make sure there is no difference in the newly painted panel and the OEM paint. Hope to see your car in best shape soon!!

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 14:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

Thanks AD for your thoughts.

I just visited the Trend Automobiles and they quoted Rs 5850 after evaluating the work. They need to remove both bumpers, smoothen the dents and repaint, refit. The one on the front bumper can not be fully recovered as there is a cut in there. And the work can be performed only if the car is left overnight with them.

After that I inquired with MASS for new bumper costs - it appears to be approximately 15K

Thinking of this, either options don't work financially at this moment. So I will leave the dents as is for now.
Old 24th March 2014, 21:39   #81
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need a suggestion on the minor dent and scratch I have received. I have attached the pic.

How did it happen: Cleaned my car yesterday morning, all well. Did not use the car for the whole day. This morning I come and see this. Looks like a stone or a key forcefully hit on the bonnet.

Sent the same pic to Ford ASS and Trend. Trend is yet to get back to me, while my reliable Ford ASS says, he would need to repaint all of the hood (which is what they always say).

Please suggest. There is a minor dent as well. Now it was anywhere else, you would still leave it as it is, but this looks really awkward on a hood, that too Black
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-dent.jpg  

Old 15th April 2014, 19:13   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Part 1.
We got rear ended in my Dad's I20 by a biker in Sunday evening.
The rear bumper got quite badly harmed with some three cracks and other damage.

Take a look at the picture to get an idea of the extent of the damage.
We gave the vehicle to Dinesh of Trend in Monday morning at 930am.
He promised to take up the work and impress us with the quality of work he was capable of.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-image.jpg

Part 2:
He has completely repaired the damage so much so that one cannot even see where the damage was.

The car was ready, done and dusted by 1030 this morning. No mean feat!
See the pictures attached here!

I would wholeheartedly recommend Trend for any work related to tinkering, painting and bodywork.

They are great guys and very reasonably priced too.

A more detailed description of he damage and the recovery appears in my other thread about my Dad's I20.

Thanks Dinesh!

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-image.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 16th April 2014 at 19:08. Reason: Posts merged.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 23:04   #83
BANNED

Another piece of bad luck today.
In HSR after stopping briefly at the ATM and slowly moving off, a parked white volkswagen suddenly turned right out of his parked position on the left side just as I was passing. I swerved slightly to the right to avoid him. At the exact moment a speeding biker cracked into my right mirror and right front fender, went flying and created some deadly collateral damage on two auto rickshaws which were coming in the opposite direction.

Huge commotion, much abuse and really bad behaviour on the part of the white volks driver
I was quite stunned but stopped and went to help the biker who had cut himself a bit etc. Applied disinfectant on him by which time his pals turned up and at first started speaking roughly. At the time, the volks ran off.

The auto drivers started kicking up a ruckus too as usual. Everyone in India on the streets, thinks that this kind of situation is a chance to make money off some hapless soul...
I do not mind helping people but I hate being extorted from.

Unfortunately here, I was the guy with the most expensive vehicle so I guess as per Indian street laws, I had to take the hit.

My Yeti right fender is hurt. A dent has appeared right at the wheel arch. No paint loss. Two scratches on the upper part of the fender. The mirror had completely folded the other way out but luckily did not break.

I drove to Trend Auto and asked them to assess the damage. They said not to worry and it will get fixed up in a couple of hours time. Only, they are going away for ten days from this weekend and I am travelling for a week from tomorrow, so it looks like I can only get this car done after I return. Probably around the 15th or so.

I am certainly looking at another small pile of cash at least, worth of repair costs for my car. Five minutes flat, one mistake on the part of a third class driver and a hurrying biker and bang...there goes ones peace of mind and there goes more of my money right down the drain....the price of living, working and paying taxes in this blighted god forsaken place with its skewed laws, priorities and disgusting badly behaved people.

Really unhappy but I guess I have to take it inevitably on the chin in a philosophical manner.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th April 2014 at 23:06.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 17:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

I am certainly looking at another small pile of cash at least, worth of repair costs for my car. Five minutes flat, one mistake on the part of a third class driver and a hurrying biker and bang...there goes ones peace of mind and there goes more of my money right down the drain....the price of living, working and paying taxes in this blighted god forsaken place with its skewed laws, priorities and disgusting badly behaved people.

Really unhappy but I guess I have to take it inevitably on the chin in a philosophical manner.
You have stated the problem and the unfortunate solution.

In any other civilized country, the VW, biker you would have peacefully exchanged insurance information and let the insurers decide on the best course of action.

The only solution here in India, is to be extra careful. Pulling out of a parking, pulling into a street, changing lanes - hang it, even when one is only intending to stay in one's lane - one needs to be careful of wannabe Schumaker's displaying their proverbial "bee in the bonnet" skills of weaving in and out of sedate traffic.

Having said that, how much do you think it will cost? It's a Yeti after all. And would you be able to source the perfect shade of paint for the job from Trend Auto?

Last edited by joybhowmik : 30th April 2014 at 17:56.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 08:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

So here's what happened at a parking in Ooty while I wasn't around. Can these guys fix this ? The paint has also cracked in 2 places if you see the pic carefully, but it's minor , so is a full panel painting necessary , or will some touch up do ?

Any idea on the costs ?
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20140502_171941.jpg  

Old 4th May 2014, 09:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Hi Guys,

Need a suggestion on the minor dent and scratch I have received. I have attached the pic.

How did it happen: Cleaned my car yesterday morning, all well. Did not use the car for the whole day. This morning I come and see this. Looks like a stone or a key forcefully hit on the bonnet.

Sent the same pic to Ford ASS and Trend. Trend is yet to get back to me, while my reliable Ford ASS says, he would need to repaint all of the hood (which is what they always say).

Please suggest. There is a minor dent as well. Now it was anywhere else, you would still leave it as it is, but this looks really awkward on a hood, that too Black
Ford A.s.s Have some sort of sport painting in association with 3m.
You might want to ask them for a quote.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uced-cost.html
Old 4th May 2014, 10:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
So here's what happened at a parking in Ooty while I wasn't around. Can these guys fix this ?
Any idea on the costs ?

If there is an access to the boot door from behind they can fix it, they did a paint-less dent removal on my relative's Fabia which had a dent on bonnet with ease, talk to them and they will offer reasonable price.
Old 4th May 2014, 13:51   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Another piece of bad luck today.
In HSR after stopping briefly at the ATM and slowly moving off, a parked white volkswagen suddenly turned right out of his parked position on the left side just as I was passing. I swerved slightly to the right to avoid him. At the exact moment a speeding biker cracked into my right mirror and right front fender, went flying and created some deadly collateral damage on two auto rickshaws which were coming in the opposite direction.

Huge commotion, much abuse and really bad behaviour on the part of the white volks driver
I was quite stunned but stopped and went to help the biker who had cut himself a bit etc. Applied disinfectant on him by which time his pals turned up and at first started speaking roughly. At the time, the volks ran off.

The auto drivers started kicking up a ruckus too as usual. Everyone in India on the streets, thinks that this kind of situation is a chance to make money off some hapless soul...
I do not mind helping people but I hate being extorted from.

Unfortunately here, I was the guy with the most expensive vehicle so I guess as per Indian street laws, I had to take the hit.

My Yeti right fender is hurt. A dent has appeared right at the wheel arch. No paint loss. Two scratches on the upper part of the fender. The mirror had completely folded the other way out but luckily did not break.

I drove to Trend Auto and asked them to assess the damage. They said not to worry and it will get fixed up in a couple of hours time. Only, they are going away for ten days from this weekend and I am travelling for a week from tomorrow, so it looks like I can only get this car done after I return. Probably around the 15th or so.

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, this is the sorry state of this Country. People here are educated but still uncivilised. The exception to this is the auto drivers and bus drivers , they are not educated also, then where would the question of civilisation come. We, Indians still need to learn what is basic manners and courtesy. Everyone tries to save their skin and are never true to their heart and never accept their mistakes.

I also encountered the same type of incident a week back. Basically we were driving to our native in Tamilnadu from Bangalore. A speeding bus driver driving a private transportation bus violated the traffic rules and hit our car on the right rear wheel arch causing extensive dent and paint damage.

The people in the surrounding all accused the bus driver for having driven wrongly and we ended up with the local police station for resolution.

As very much expected, you know about the Cops right, they did not provide any resolution and asked us to compromise within ourself. The Bus Company was ready to pay Rs. 1000 when the actual cost which i estimated was 15K+.

Finally nothing worked out and we wanted a FIR to be filed which also eventually proved not viable because of the reason that the day when accident occured happened to be a Saturday. As a result of which the RTO Office will be closed and cannot complete the procedure in obtaining some certificate from RTO which was a mandatory thing before registering FIR.

The cops asked us to leave our car at the station and come back on Monday which i never wanted to do. Finally we had to complain our fate for such an incident and had to leave the place without getting an FIR as well as any compensation.

Nothing can be done to all these kind of things which happen in India. We have to learn to live with it.

Last edited by rki2007 : 4th May 2014 at 14:03.
Old 7th May 2014, 17:53   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Having said that, how much do you think it will cost? It's a Yeti after all. And would you be able to source the perfect shade of paint for the job from Trend Auto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
So here's what happened at a parking in Ooty while I wasn't around. Can these guys fix this ? The paint has also cracked in 2 places if you see the pic carefully, but it's minor , so is a full panel painting necessary , or will some touch up do ?

Any idea on the costs ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Nothing can be done to all these kind of things which happen in India. We have to learn to live with it.
Joy: It may cost me a couple of thousand to fix. The dent is in an odd place. Right on the wheel arch so they have to be super careful. And yes, Trend will be able to fix it perfectly without painting. Even if painting touch up is required they will mix the colour perfectly. I speak from experience with them. They are very good indeed.

sdp: Take it to Trend after 15 May when they get back. This can be fixed using their special denting techniques. They are body shop experts. This has to be painted though because of the paint cracks. But don't worry they will be able to give you your car as good as new. I would suggest keep a budget of around 6K for this job.

rki:
Yes. I ve just come back from a week abroad on work. As always when I come back to this blighted place here my heart sinks and I am filled with a sense of desolation on account of these horrible creatures that we have to share the roads with and of course, the ridiculous potholes and other uniquely "Indian" things!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 18:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dropped my car yesterday morning at Trend and got it back today.

Dent was removed and the tailgate had to be repainted. Total cost was 4K - 1.6K for the dent repair and 2.4K for repainting.

My car is 4.5 years old, so if you notice carefully, there's a difference in the freshly repainted tailgate and any of the panels next it to it, but I guess that's unavoidable, and the difference isn't significant.

Overall quite happy with the quality of work done and the price point at which it was done.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0522.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0523.jpg  

sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed