Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 13:52   #211
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

This thread seems to mostly be about Trend. Two Questions,
1. Are there any good body work and paint options in South Bangalore between JP Nagar to Banashankari? Sai Colorium in JP Nagar did some minor work for me years ago, and their paint match was perfect. But I have no direct or vicarious experience of a full body job from them.
2. Do I need to go to the RTO to get an approval for a colour change? Seems crazy to have to do it (Isn't it personal choice?). Do the Paint Shops typically handle this for you? My family has an old'ish Marina that is sparingly used and has picked up a few many scratches (very few dents). Was thinking about giving it an experimental shade.

Thanks.
Old 19th May 2016, 19:28   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
This thread seems to mostly be about Trend. Two Questions,
1. Are there any good body work and paint options in South Bangalore between JP Nagar to Banashankari?
2. Do I need to go to the RTO to get an approval for a colour change?
Check out SLM motors, a Bosch Car Service just behind the Chikkalasandra bus stand if you are ready to travel a few more kilometers. Have heard good reviews about them. They may be slightly expensive than Trend, but still lot lesser than the ASS.

Any change in body color has to be mandatory entered in the RC. Chances are you will be deprived of any insurance claims due to this.
Old 19th May 2016, 20:00   #213
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Change in body color will not affect your insurance policy in any ways.
Old 20th May 2016, 19:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Change in body color will not affect your insurance policy in any ways.
Suppose the vehicle meets with an unfortunate incident, and the RC copy which is attached with the claim form says it is a different coloured vehicle, will the surveyor agree to it. I meant it that way.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:09   #215
BHPian

I went to Trend last Saturday at 15:30 hours.
Had spoken to Dinesh at 11:00 about the visit.
When I visited Trend, Dinesh was not there, but he asked me to visit Anish.
I enquired - and he was right in the workshop working on a car.
I appreciate places where bosses work hands-on.

My car Fiat Linea has got deep scratches as below:

1. VERY deep scratch over rear wheel arch.
How I go this scratch+dent:
Day-1 of me moving to new apartment in HSR (Mantri Sarovar) and I mis-judged a turn in parking lot and this is the result-

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rsz_img_20160523_072130130.jpg

Got this scratch on 22-Dec-2014

Solution: Full fendor dent repair + Painting

2. A long 2 ft long parallel line scratch on rear right door
Got this scratch in Mar-2015
We were driving from Bangalore to Chennai and took a detour to Kanchipuram to visit the temple. After darshan, we were coming back to the Bangalore-Chennai highway when a moron biker in very high speed in crowded streets brushed against my rear right door. Thank goodness he didnt fall and he managed to disappear within a sec.

The two scratch lines are from handle bar and bike's brake-lever.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160523_072149308.jpg

Solution: Full rear right door dent repair + Painting

3. Relatively small scratch over right side front wheel fendor/arch.
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_20160523_072204797.jpg
This happened in Oct-2014 and again in a car-parking pillar

Solution: Half bumper Painting and merging

Other points discussed at Trend:
1. Anish was sure that they can match upto 98% of the original paint.
2. Also, regarding dent, he said that it will be made as good as the left-side.
3. I checked whether I can detail the car later, he said I can.
4. Offered 2-year guarantee
5. Asked for 2-3 days for work to be done
6. They were full for next 3 days.

About the workshop:
It was full for not even a nano to be parked inside.
I didnt see any painting going on in the open area.
There were (atleast) 2 painting booths that were sealed closed.

I am planning to drop off my car at their workshop this Thursday morning.

P.S.:

1. I'd visited them last year same time. The quote this year is 50% extra.
2. There is tax to be paid above the quote
3. I'd visited Sai Colorium last year. Trend rates were 20% cheaper than Sai Colorium. This year I did not visit Sai Colorium as I felt inclined to Trend as I see their promoters to be hands-on and more committed [Mypersonal opinion].

Last edited by daretodream : 23rd May 2016 at 17:11. Reason: Formatting
Old 30th May 2016, 22:31   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post

I am planning to drop off my car at their workshop this Thursday morning.

HI, did you finally get the work done? Any feedback post getting the work done? Cost, quality, time?
Also, any reason you did not go to 'Automotive Garage - Automechs' also mentioned in the team-bhp forum? Assuming you are still in Manti Sarovar that would have been a stones throw away.

Last edited by kmadhok : 30th May 2016 at 22:34. Reason: Correcting name of garage
Old 31st May 2016, 16:49   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
HI, did you finally get the work done? Any feedback post getting the work done? Cost, quality, time?
When I called Anish on Wednesday night for Thursday Morning appointment confirmation - he advised me that they are full and will not be able to accommodate. He requested me to call on Sunday night for Monday appointment... but I've been busy with work since and couldn't do it.

Now I've a 1000 KM trip planned in Mid-June, and, the 5th Car Service is also due in June end [scheduled for 60K Kms (althougth mine has done 48K only)]
So, I am opting for getting the 5th Servicing done, finish the trip and then handover to Trend by week-3 of June.

I will update this thread once I have an update- which I guess is towards week 3/4 of June.

Quote:
Also, any reason you did not go to 'Automotive Garage - Automechs' also mentioned in the team-bhp forum? Assuming you are still in Manti Sarovar that would have been a stones throw away.
To be honest, Automechs was not on my radar. In fact first time I heard this name from you.
When I did this research last year to find prominent names on dent repair and painting - for me, it boiled down to Trend Or Sai Colorium.

Last edited by daretodream : 31st May 2016 at 16:57.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:02   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I had visited AutoMechs before I went and got the work done on my car from Trend. Both are very close to where I stay so distance was not an issue.
When I visited AutoMechs I spoke to Naveen but since I had not gone in my car , he advised me to bring my car for a proper estimate. However, there were a few things which caught my eye and made me go to Trend.

The painting at AutoMech is done by an individual who is not working there full time. The painting area is open i.e no paint booth which would lead to sub-standard paint work in my opinion. Most of the garage is an open area where the vehicles are kept which was not to my liking as the vehicle would probably kept here for the paint to dry.

After I had a look at Trend, their paint booth, and their work place, it was an easy decision.

These are just my layman observations and I could be totally wrong about the workmanship at Automech.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:47   #219
BHPian

My punto evo had a small dent on the bonnet left by a tractor trailer that rolled back over a huge speed bump.
Fortunately, the dent was very small (around 3-5 cms across) and paint was still intact except for a small scratch where the primer was visible and the metal
was not exposed.

I checked with the fiat service center during regular service and their only option was to repaint the entire bonnet!

I checked with Dinesh from trend automobiles after reading reviews on that thread.
He asked me to send pictures and he suggested that they can try pulling out the dent using suction as the metal was not exposed
though he warned that there is a chance that the dent might reappear as the sheet metal would have been stretched due to the dent and would not stay in place.

I finally found some time to visit them on May 26th.
They were able to pull out the dent in 15 minutes and it was almost unnoticeable and I was impressed with the work and the cost!
It looks like they do this kind of work behind closed doors and they took my car to a separate garage to do this.

There were a lot of cars being worked on when I was there and their workshop was quite clean and the workers seemed to be sincere and were not taking any shortcuts in their work.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:54   #220
Mik
BHPian

Thanks to Sagar for pointing out this thread.
A truck backed up on my parked Figo and broke my Figo's tail lamp and a nasty dent.
The service center is giving 5/6k estimate for the dent and repainting. The tail lamp is 1.5k
Would it be worthwhile travelling 30km to the Trend automobiles shop for getting the job done. I reside in kadugodi.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20160609wa0003.jpeg  

Old 10th June 2016, 10:20   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Thanks to Sagar for pointing out this thread.
A truck backed up on my parked Figo and broke my Figo's tail lamp and a nasty dent.
The service center is giving 5/6k estimate for the dent and repainting. The tail lamp is 1.5k
Would it be worthwhile travelling 30km to the Trend automobiles shop for getting the job done. I reside in kadugodi.
Not sure whether Trend will be able to source the tail light. The boot lid will have to be repainted. I think Trend will quote 4 - 5 K .
Old 11th June 2016, 21:27   #222
BHPian

Has anyone done any kind of touchup painting for red volkswagen polo at trend. I want to know how much does the quality matches with the OEM. Was there any kind of visible difference after the paint work.
Old 14th June 2016, 13:47   #223
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Writing down my experience with Trend Automobiles, Bangalore.

How it happened?

We live in a gated community located in Koramangala, the incident happened on 28-May-2016 at 10.00AM. My uncle was on his way to hospital driving his POLO for a regular checkup, then suddenly my uncle heard a thud sound, a Swift Dzire hit straight to our POLO driven by a kid. Yes true he was a 14 year old kid studying his 10th grade and a son of “Judge”. My uncle parked the vehicle on the left side of the road to check the damage meanwhile kid flew away without even stopping the vehicle and uncle spotted him taking left turn but forgot to note his cars number. All he remembered was a silver Swift Dzire that’s all.
He immediately called my sister to the accident location and explained what had happened then they started searching for the car. It is a gated community so they were being optimistic that they would trace him easily. Finally after 40~50 minutes of continuous search we could trace the car and the owner. We spoke to his parents about the incident, after negotiations (A lot of discussion happened here) they agreed to pay complete bill for the damage.
My uncle along with kids elder brother took the vehicle straight to Hosur Road Volkswagen showroom, by then me and my dad had reached the showroom. We asked him to give the estimation for the repair, after waiting for another 30 minutes got an estimation of ~55K (I have the original estimation copy, I can attach here if required).
~49K for the repair and another ~6K for handling and processing charges.

Then I remembered reading about Trend Automobiles and others experience in this forum which helped me a lot in making a decision to take the car to their workshop. Without second thought I called Mr.Dinesh took an appointment and reached there by 5:30PM. Once we reached there showed Mr.Dinesh the damage and he said “this can be done but he needs 3 days’ time to complete the work”. So we asked him to quote.
Voila 8.7K+tax, ~45.5K savings
Since it was almost closing time we told Dinesh that we will drop the vehicle Monday morning.
We dropped our car on 30th Monday morning at 10:00AM and requested to get the work done by Wednesday. Dinesh committed that he would deliver the vehicle on Wednesday with 97~99% paint match, true to his words Wednesday morning got a call from Dinesh saying the vehicle is ready.
Reached the workshop and looking at the car we were satisfied by the work done by TREND.
Attaching before and after repair pictures,

Before

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20160605wa0015.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20160605wa0018.jpg

After

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img20160602wa0005.jpg

Mr.Dinesh is very knowledgeable about the process, I appreciate his commitment and quality of work. Highly recommend Trend Automobile for any Body repair related work.
abhayankara is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 14:32   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
We asked him to give the estimation for the repair, after waiting for another 30 minutes got an estimation of ~55K (I have the original estimation copy, I can attach here if required).
~49K for the repair and another ~6K for handling and processing charges.
55 K for such a small damage? Unbelievable. What is the 6 K handling and processing charge? This is atrocious.
Old 14th June 2016, 14:40   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
55 K for such a small damage? Unbelievable. What is the 6 K handling and processing charge? This is atrocious.
pramodpk It looks small but the damage is more when observed closely. VW claimed that they would install new doors (both LH doors) which came close to ~24K, remaining for the labour and paint . ~6K for some processing he said, for which the insurance company would not be paying for it.

Most Viewed