Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 17:19   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Visited Trend today. Had a mild gash on my car.
Had sent a picture of it to my service center and they said that the whole thing had to be repainted.
Took it to Dinesh and he was able to remove most of the marks and touched the areas where the paint had peeled off.
Unless you look at it carefully, it would go un-noticed. All done in 30 minutes and i was back on my way.
Excellent job by Trend!
Old 8th October 2017, 11:14   #272
BHPian

Re: Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)

Apologies for cross-posting, but since there are two threads on the very same topic I thought this was justified.

I had to use the services of Trend Automobiles yesterday. A startled cow ran onto the road right into my path, bounced off the front Left fender and ran away. No, nothing happened to the cow, it was a slow-speed incident; but I had a small ding right on the crease of the bonnet just behind the Left headlight.

I interacted with Dinesh at Trend. A very well-spoken gentleman; and one who seems to believe in doing good quality work for a reasonable price.

I was led to believe that the job would take a couple of hours or so at the maximum; but I was done in 30 minutes.

I was warned that since this is on the crease, there is a possibility of the paint flaking. However, this did not happen.

Right now, unless one is actively looking for a ding that they absolutely know was there, the ding is invisible. The car looks pristine.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 11:22   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I had to use the services of Trend Automobiles yesterday.

I interacted with Dinesh at Trend. A very well-spoken gentleman; and one who seems to believe in doing good quality work for a reasonable price.

Right now, unless one is actively looking for a ding that they absolutely know was there, the ding is invisible. The car looks pristine.

Cheers
Good to know. Any pictures of the ding and the panel post repair?
Old 10th October 2017, 14:18   #274
BHPian

Sorry Nikhil, I am afraid I do not have pictures of the "before". The "after" I shall show you in person.

Cheers
Old 14th October 2017, 18:42   #275
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everybody!

I owned a Baleno LXI 2006 - which had bruises, may be a bad one that it took when I booked my new car. Unfortunately, I do not have the pic with me of the damage since I didn't know about dropping my thoughts here back then But, I do have the pics of the car when I had dropped it for repairs at Trend when the WIP had begun.

To address the cuts it had on front and rear RH side, I was finding a good body repair shop in and around HSR layout, Bangalore. I then started using the friendly google web to find the nearby masters and luckily TBHP came to my rescue with this same thread I viewed as a guest back then!

I collected the feedback from various bhpians on this thread and went on hunting spree for Trend. I gladly found the route using the coordinates shared by our fellow bhpian on this thread. I met Dinesh and Satish directly. Dinesh just took a glance at the bumper and told me directly he would do a stitch, but it appears like it was already worked on before which is why it's popped up again with mild pressure it took to wide open again. I was okay with it since I was planning to get the car fixed as I already had a deal sealed with my friend who was ready to buy it from me when I booked a new one for myself. Hence, had to hand it over to him in pristine condition so that he would remain happy with the overall buying experience.

Satish lodged an invoice against my car and told me to pick it up after 2 days.

I visited the 1st day when the work had begun and astonished to see the level of precision in fixing the cuts on the car. It almost seemed like nothing had happened on the bumper. However, paint was pending. I've attached the pics here with markers of the spot which was fixed. Baleno had weak / tension spots in both the bumpers which used to pop out whenever a mild hit it took. Apparently, this is a known issue is what Dinesh and Satish told me since they had done a lot of repairs especially on the bumpers for Baleno. But the car was a brilliant one to drive - sheer pleasure for driving it on the highway.

My apologies again as I do not have the pics of the post paint process - It was done with utmost care and precision.

I recommend anyone who's looking for body repair to pay a visit to Trend Automobiles. They are just the best and I can vouch for them anytime for any kind of body repair. They do not do it for money, they do it for passion with the aim at becoming a pioneer in body repair industry - which I believe they already are! Incase something has to be told, that is post repair effects, such as mine which they had warned it would pop up again with mild pressure applied, they would say it without being secretive about it, not being hesitant of losing business, as opposed to others in the market who would tell you the problem is solved 100%. This shows they are professional and will keep you well informed of the after effects. They do it at reasonable price as well.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_4994.jpg
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_4995.jpg

PS:

I did go to them to get my alloys painted. Satish was straight forward in telling me he can get the paint done at their shop, but it would peel off if it comes in contact with any sharp objects on road. When I was blank as to what next, he suggested a factory in the vicinity who does paint jobs on Honda's 2 wheeler shock-absorber springs. He took me there himself and spoke to them to have my alloys painted to black matte. I must say the paint quality and the finish is as good as OEM. The overall time is 3 hours from the time you hand them your alloys until the time you take back. I've attached it here which I did on my ownership thread.

4 steps involved in overall alloy paint process;
  • Washing the alloys to remove the dirt
  • Applying powder coated paint
  • Heating the alloy in a big oven (factory oven) post paint process to ensure the paint is sticking well onto the alloy
  • Cooling period - should be around 30 mins post the heating procedure is completed
Note: Paint was applied over the original one and there was no scrubbing of old paint done.

Ownership report:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...obsession.html

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-tyre-alloy.jpg

Hope this helps.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 18:25   #276
Senior - BHPian

In continuation to above post, I asked my friend to dig down in his archives for the pics and luckily he had taken the pics when he'd dropped down to take the handover of the car right outside Trend Automobiles. Also, on the day of taking the car from Trend, I noticed so many other Audi, BMW's parked for dent repairs. These guys are just renowned for the work they do.

Before fixing the bumper:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img8718.jpg

Post the repairs:
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img8719.jpg

Hope this helps for those who are looking for quality fix, look no further, Trend Automobiles!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:27   #277
BHPian

So, my one month old Baleno was damaged when it was parked in front of my home. We don't know whether it was a case of vandalism or an accident. The car was parked for 4 - 5 days as I was riding to Goa on my bike and the dent was discovered when I took the cover off to go to work!

Pictures of the damage below:

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-dent1.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-dent2.jpg

A quick call to Dinesh, and the gentleman that he is, accommodated me despite his hectic schedule and shortage of staff as it's holiday season. He confirmed that this can be removed by PDR. The work was carried out in about 40 minutes and quality of work was top notch as usual. Pictures after repair below.

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rep1.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rep2.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-rep3.jpg

Came home a happy man yet again!
Added_flavor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 17:11   #278
BHPian

Had a small mishap while reversing the car into my car park on Sunday due to a minor lapse in concentration.

The end result was a dink on the rear quarter panel and a broken reverse lamp on my Ecosport.

Got a couple of quotes running into few thousands from Ford and Cartisan.

Decided to try out Trend Automobiles and it was a great experience.

Mr. Dinesh was quick to respond to my query and suggested for a PDR (paintless dent removal) instead of painting the whole panel.

Really impressed with the attitude and results of the work that costed me nothing in front of the quote from Ford and Cartisan.

The reverse lamp was replaced at Metro Ford and costed me Rs 1040/-
Attached Thumbnails
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20171107_123257.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20171107_123301.jpg  

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20171107_192056.jpg  

Last edited by srinath34 : 8th November 2017 at 17:13. Reason: Missed reverse lamp
srinath34 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 00:44   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Decided to try out Trend Automobiles and it was a great experience.
Best decision can say

Quote:
Mr. Dinesh was quick to respond to my query and suggested for a PDR (paintless dent removal) instead of painting the whole panel.

Really impressed with the attitude and results of the work that costed me nothing in front of the quote from Ford and Cartisan.
They’re indeed very professional and courteous towards their customers. They’re there not only to mint money unlike others in the field, they’re put up to do clean business. They’re no way inferior to any of dealerships. They’re indeed above par with the so called ASS available in the industry. They do it with passion. I’ve seen them guiding customers not to lose money on something which proves to be trivial to repair and if it’s going to reoccur in future with minimal pressure applied to repaired areas and infact I was one among those customers who were advised
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:14   #280
Senior - BHPian

Re: Damaged Jeep Compass delivered by KHT Motors, Bangalore

On the topic of repainting, I have an interesting insight. My previous car - a Hyundai - had a neighbours window fall on it from two floors up, in the very first week of purchase. Left a dent in the bonnet. Took it to the dealer Advaith Hyundai and they replaced it with a brand new bonnet, freshly painted to match the body. I couldn't make out the difference. But a trained eye always could, in all those years of ownership, I had someone or the other ask if it was repainted. Years later the real problem arose when I wanted to sell it -they would just open the bonnet and say 'Oh this has had a repaint, so we will offer so much less'. The edges reveal everything. I had so much explaining to do, that the car was not involved in any accident.

I will never get whole panels repainted after that experience. Now, I have found an excellent guy in Bangalore to just do up the spots. He masks/repairs the spots/damages very well.

Last edited by Sebring : 27th December 2017 at 11:19.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:50   #281
BHPian

This is why I always take photos of any accidents my cars go through. My punto had to go through a boot replacement because a truck had rammed into it. I showed those photos to the buyer so he could understand the nature of damage.

On my current ecosport, I had a tree fall on the bonnet. Took a set of photos and stored them so that I can deal with questions a few years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
On the topic of repainting, I have an interesting insight. My previous car - a Hyundai - had a neighbours window fall on it from two floors up, in the very first week of purchase. Left a dent in the bonnet. Took it to the dealer Advaith Hyundai and they replaced it with a brand new bonnet, freshly painted to match the body. I couldn't make out the difference. But a trained eye always could, in all those years of ownership, I had someone or the other ask if it was repainted. Years later the real problem arose when I wanted to sell it -they would just open the bonnet and say 'Oh this has had a repaint, so we will offer so much less'. The edges reveal everything. I had so much explaining to do, that the car was not involved in any accident.

I will never get whole panels repainted after that experience. Now, I have found an excellent guy in Bangalore to just do up the spots. He masks/repairs the spots/damages very well.
sukrit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:59   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
. Now, I have found an excellent guy in Bangalore to just do up the spots. He masks/repairs the spots/damages very well.
Can you please share the details of this person? I was searching for such a guy in Bangalore. Do you know whether he works on Volkswagen cars?

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 27th December 2017 at 12:00.
Old 27th December 2017, 13:12   #283
Senior - BHPian

This is Trend near Bommanahalli. He is featured on TeamBhp. His work is near perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Can you please share the details of this person? I was searching for such a guy in Bangalore. Do you know whether he works on Volkswagen cars?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 12:59   #284
BHPian

Beginning of the year started badly for me when I ended up damaging the right side fender of my Ameo while parking in a basement. This was a less than 5 kmph incident where I reversed into a chair kept at the side. Having PPF film on the fender edges helped avoid scratches but there was a deep dent. VW service center suggested that the fender be replaced (Approx. 8500 plus painting charges)

Damaged fender

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20180119photo00000035.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-20180119photo00000037.jpg

Made a couple of calls to Trend and sent them the pictures of the dent and they said Paintless Dent Repair may not work as the dent was deep but were willing to attempt this. I tried to take an appointment and was asked to come over on a weekday. However, owing to festival holidays and unavailability of workers, I had to reschedule this more than a couple of times. Finally ended getting the appointment for a Saturday.

Once I reached there, I spoke to Anish who inspected the dent and informed that there was a possibility of paint cracking at the sharp crease. He also informed me that the panel finish would not be 100% once the denting is done and if I wanted 100% the only option was to replace it. We decided to go ahead with Paintless Dent Repair as take a decision after seeing the result.

They have a room in which the denting is done and we are not allowed to view what is being done. I was asked to sit in their office till the work was done. After 1 hour, the result was

Attachment 1719399

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0700.jpg

Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore)-img_0701.jpg

Very happy with the results and the cost was only Rs.850/. When viewed from close quarters, there are slight imperfections but the result is pretty acceptable

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th February 2018 at 17:12. Reason: Rotating 2 pics :)
mtnrajdeep is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 16:40   #285
BHPian

Folks, where is Trend's workshop located?
I googled it but the attached pics show a small workshop, unlike what reading posts in this thread made me feel like.

Is it the same workshop located in Garebhavipalya, near Electronic City? Also, can someone share the number of the concerned person?

I have a small dent to attend to, caused by a bike hitting the rear door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks