Team-BHP - Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/132957-seat-covers-wheels-ice-etc-edge-accessories-bangalore.html)

Shop Name: Edge Accessories

Products sold: Car accessories - alloy wheels, interiors, audio / video systems and speakers etc.

Services offered: Fitting / installation for products sold.

What I like: Nearby and quite accessible. The owner is a genuine guy who will tell you upfront if something isn't going to work.

What I don't like: Space in front of shop is minimal. No attached work area.

Pricing: Competitive pricing

Speciality / USP: None in particular. For the product purchased (interiors) he's giving a 3-year warranty

What I have bought from him: Interiors for the Figo and Swift

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Avanish
- Phone numbers: +91 8050789000
- Postal Address: 19th Main, HSR Layout, 4th Sector, Bangalore
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Take left from ORR going towards HSR near the BP Petrol pump (where Nando's restaurant is). Continue on the road past the Bus depot and about 1km on the right side.
- Email / Website : N/A

Map: Link

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-edgeaccessoriesmap.png

Review:

Cloth upholstery + small kid = disaster waiting to happen. Period. :)

To negate the above, started looking for a nearby seat cover installer who can do a decent job. This also meant that I wouldn't spend more than 5-6k since I've already blown my money on the Angel Eyes

My Brother-in-law who lives nearby suggested Edge Accessories in HSR Layout. We visited a few other shops near the area but the only thing that attracted us to this guy was his 3-year warranty on the product. So, we skinned the Figo and his Swift together. I chose a gray and red combination - wanted something unique for the Figo. He chose a black and silver combination for his Swift. Each car cost 5k. Here are some pics of the work done on the Figo.

Front seat bottom being wrapped

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0875-large.jpg

Rear seat being done - quite easy on the Figo. Saw them struggling a bit with a Duster.
Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0877-large.jpg

The most painful part to watch - they push a needle through the seats. Ouch!

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0878-large.jpg

Headrests being done

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0879-large.jpg

Headrests and seat bottoms done - within 20 minutes these were ready.

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0880-large.jpg

Rear seats done

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0883-large.jpg

Front seats done

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0882-large.jpg

Rear seats - another view

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0885-large.jpg

Front seats - another view

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-imag0886-large.jpg

Product - quite good but a little firm. Also, I felt that the seat height has increased by a few cms. Hopefully, it should settle down. Stitching was good and even. I think the colour scheme works well - your opinions would be good to hear.

Installation - quite fast and well done. Yes, a few hiccups here and there but mostly done efficiently with quality work. Only thing I didn't really like was how the headrests turned out. They apply super-glue to stick the material together at the bottom of the headrest and so that looks a bit odd. Also, a few places like the rear seatbelt area, they've cut a few small gaps and that may show from the rear. I'll see what I can do about it.

Shop - pretty decent fellow and would visit him again. He's a bit casual but gets the work done. Only negative is that the work gets done by the side of the road as he has a single ramp for only one car at a time.

Hope you like this! :)

The fit and finish has come good. Its very much worth for the price. The red combination will look good for your white coloured car. If you would have selected Black and Silver combination, that would have gone well with the black silver theme of Figo interiors.

Happy Motoring !

Fit and finish of the work they have put into it seems good and the result i feel is more than decent. I do feel that leather seat covers would have been a better option but anyway, at 5k, i think the job done is decent.

All in all looks like a well executed job , the seat colours seem to blend in well with Figo's interiors

So Madmax another piece of mod on your Figo this last few weekends after the projector setup :). What kind of seat cover are these? Hope they are not Autoform as I have them in my car and they tend to sweat a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOctane (Post 3049902)
The fit and finish has come good. Its very much worth for the price. The red combination will look good for your white coloured car. If you would have selected Black and Silver combination, that would have gone well with the black silver theme of Figo interiors.

Happy Motoring !

Thank you. My brother in law selected the black and silver for the Swift. Will get pics soon. I wanted something a bit lighter to make the interior look brighter and hence this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-Angel (Post 3049903)
Fit and finish of the work they have put into it seems good and the result i feel is more than decent. I do feel that leather seat covers would have been a better option but anyway, at 5k, i think the job done is decent.

After the projector mod, this was the only amount sanctioned by the Home Minister! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pc_2425 (Post 3049926)
All in all looks like a well executed job , the seat colours seem to blend in well with Figo's interiors

Thanks! Glad you like it. I was worried about the gray and red but I saw it somewhere in an auto magazine and it caught my fancy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 3049939)
So Madmax another piece of mod on your Figo this last few weekends after the projector setup :). What kind of seat cover are these? Hope they are not Autoform as I have them in my car and they tend to sweat a lot.

Their local brand. He kept saying its good etc. but all I heard is the 3 year warranty and the cost (5k). So, I went for it. :) We'll see about sweating... if it does happen, you can expect a "towel" mod soon! :D

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Directory Section. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOctane (Post 3049902)

Happy Motoring !

I got this done 3 years back. Gsport and costed 9k then, trust me it looks fab :thumbs up

Products Sold:

Leather and Art Leather Seat Covers (Own manufacture), ICE parts (Speakers, Amplifiers, Head unit etc), floor mats, perfumes, chargers, tyres and alloys. This shop was a natural discovery for me when I was staying in HSR Sector-3. After moving to Doddakanneli area, there were a couple of shops, but I was always put off by their attitude or their pricing.

What I bought from Them:Pricing:
(All inclusive labour+stitching)What I liked:What I didn't liked/Recommendations:Contact Information:My ex-SX4
Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0002.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0003.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0006.jpg

Work done on Grand i10
Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0004.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0005.jpg

Work done on Duster
Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img20140315wa0001.jpg

I visited this place yesterday to upgrade the headlight bulbs in my car to 90/100w and also fit a relay kit for the sake of safety.

My impression:
1.) They seemed least interested to do the job. They did not provide me the cost for roots relay in-spite of asking them 3 times. I kept waiting for around 20 minutes for an answer and finally left the shop.
2.) They don't fix the bulbs after 6 PM, their shop was well lit and there were proper street lights.
3.) Cost seemed to be high, for philips rally 90/100w bulbs (2) + Philips relay kit - the quote was 1650/- INR. I can be wrong here.

Called Sachin Autoshop at 8 PM (they close by 8:30) and asked them if they can fix the bulbs. Yeah was reply, quickly drove their shop and got it fixed for 1250/- INR (Philips rally bulbs (2) + Roots relay kit). :)

The transformation to 90/100w is huge, definitely worth the upgrade in Bangalore. I have had narrow misses & hits with jaywalkers, now this would give me confidence to spot them and slow down. :thumbs up

Disclaimer: I do not have any business interest or stake in Edge accessories. I like his work and quality and hence I am updating this thread. There are no mutual benefits offered or gained for this update. Please use his services at your own discretion.

So, went back for a few things from Edge. My 63 Amby is make over is going along fine. Had to get some interior material (about 15 metres) and also some sun film.

My Figo seat covers that I bought from him are still maintaining excellent form and have lasted without any wear and tear. I got chatting with him and he was asking about T-BHP and what we do. Curiosity! :)

He's got a few people ex-Stanley to do the seat covers fitment. He calls it OEM fitment and he explained it to me but I am not sure I got it completely. You can ask him. Recently, I referred two friends of mine to him. One got it done elsewhere at a slightly lower cost. The guy who got it done at another installer has been facing wrinkling issues after the first week. The friend who got it done with Edge is happy so far.

Avinash, the owner, has been getting some T-BHP members but wanted to do more. I asked him if he'll be up for any discounts for T-BHP members and he said yes. You can work it out with him but from what I've seen so far, he's quite competitive.

Space is still an issue but he's in discussion with a nearby garage who can help extend his work area.

Here are some more pictures of his new work.

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2089.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2090.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2092.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2094.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2095.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2096.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2099.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2100.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_2101.jpg

His contact remains the same

Email: edgeaccessory@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 9880789000

Wanted to get new seat covers for my Brio, the fabric ones were getting too difficult to maintain, so decided to go ahead with PU. After going through this thread and many others , decided to swing by this shop yesterday.

I must say the entire treatment by Mr. Avinash was highly professional. He helped me decide the material as per my usage, gave plenty of time to finalize color and design and helped me understand what color and design would go well with the interiors.

Got the covers fitted today. The fit and finish looks good, I wont say its top notch OEM type, but good for the money. After the first seat was done, I pointed out some misalignment, not sure if I was really nitpicking, looks like my affinity to Photoshop makes me see things in pixels and not in inches or cms. They took some time to really understand/ acknowledge it, but Mr. Avinash made sure the cover was removed and fitted again. I liked the way he handled it, looked like they were happy with the fit but instead of arguing on it, he simply got it redone.

Overall, I am satisfied with the experience and I would definitely recommend this place. The biggest plus is the price, for 4.5k, I think its a great value for money. Here goes some pics.
Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_20150906_170015.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_20150906_170027.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_20150906_170042.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_20150906_170052.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-img_20150906_170238.jpg

Disclaimer: I do not have any business interest or stake in Edge accessories. I like his work and quality and hence I am updating this thread. There are no mutual benefits offered or gained for this update. Please use his services at your own discretion.

Bumping up this thread with some new stuff. They recently did a vinyl wrap for a Merc C Class. Vinyl is Avery Dennison and the wrap took 2 days to get it done. The workmanship going into these things must be extensive and I am sure the Merc owner wanted it flawless. It's a matte finish as well giving it a unique look. He mentioned that they are providing a 1 year warranty for the work.

Here are some pictures.

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-0e345ebfeefc18b6d82db9dac40a49df.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-0ec65e00e998e2a13995ca3db1bf14ff.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-1e9ab8ffc9df3d3154d23dc4f6609790.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-4d0693ff905f359fd8f61b166887f788.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-7c4bbd049943857618cbbbf71b098026.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-8d6bf0822f55ddb0922c08b6483c6cc7.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-34da753c4f624d26f070bb4968baf8ef.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-67a3a5ceff9cdfcefb56b523b2c51bc2.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-72b8b685c8cc779c405227e007efed76.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-90bba15d810cab4dd476a311c94f7319.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-403c78d192ac79753c23b45bb9777065.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-9767b57faa89a69c95f058bfe298bf49.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-27044ceb05c60dac34426cdf2b1413c5.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-a4deb09710322577d283b8968c2c7234.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-c41e9025c62979575793140fd9b37ea2.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-cdd7021396da0448f0d178fbc7994696.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-cf34d324a6c9c4936639c3ee46d04bee.jpg

Seat Covers, Wheels, ICE etc. - Edge Accessories (Bangalore)-e506e841754534ba0ac61a32f49bc914.jpg

Price quoted for the Merc was 35,000 INR but the rates would change depending on car.

If people keep on bumping into my car, I am seriously considering this. My newly painted Figo was bruised on the left side by a taxi just two days after the repainting job at Trend. :(

At this rate, its going to be funky grey and red wrap soon on the Figo. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 3967679)
[i]

At this rate, its going to be funky grey and red wrap soon on the Figo. :)

Is wrapping with different color other than the color mentioned in RC allowed?