Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 08:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Pronto Automated Car and Bike Wash – HSR Layout, Bangalore

Ok a quick update, yesterday I had to get my sister's car cleaned. So I decided to get a full wash done. Full wash is interior cleaning, vaccuming, engine bay wash and exterior wash.

I had observed the way they were cleaning the interiors of some other cars and I had my doubts about the efficiency and effectiveness of the personnel.

As guessed, I was rather unhappy about the way they were cleaning the interiors. I was appalled by the fact that a sweet young boy was employeed for doing the job.

He should have been playing with kids his age instead of working.

Cleaning the interior of a vehicle is an art. There is a certain way to do it. Young, inexperienced, unskilled or untrained people can't do the job correctly.

I will try to upload photos soon.

Verdict:

Go to pronto for a quick exterior wash only.

If you extremely particular about the little things, like me, then get your car interior cleaned at a professional place. Unless they go professional for interior car cleaning.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 18:20   #47
BHPian

I agree with you vishwasvr, I too was unhappy about the way they carried out the interior cleaning of the car.

I also have my doubts over the effectiveness of the automatic body wash. I have taken my swift there a couple of times, and even after the body wash there were some pigeon poop left on the roof and on the doors.

Just my experience with them.
Gomzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:17   #48
BHPian

Terrible, Horrible and what not?? Worst car-care as on date!

Did a mistake of visiting them again on Sunday to discover they have gone even worse than ever before! With a load of dirt after my long weekend drive to Ooty, I wanted my car to look and smell fresh; hastily took a decision to go to Pronto for this job and became a victim to the famous quote "haste makes waste"!

I have decided that there is no point in visiting them again and latest findings:

* Someone have given them an idea to "brand" themselves and hence all their boys wear their "Pronto" T-Shirts. They even have got "Asbestos" sheets for the whole wash area and it is no longer open. This is the only "better"ment that I noticed.

* There were 2 cars (one getting washed and another getting its interiors cleaned) when I reached. I was promised that it must not take more than 30 mins for a FULL (Interior + Exteriors) clean job. Check-In time: 18:00 hrs
The Advisor insisted me to move over to their Lounge on the 1st deck so that they can intimate once the car is ready. Luckily I chose to stay around nearby!

* Mats were promptly removed for washing and then started all pun.

* Around 4 to 5 guys entered into the car for "Interior Cleaning" all with dirty and wet chappals / so-called shoes . I went closer to the car to check what was going around. 3 Fellows (2 from the front cabin and 1 from behind) were all pulling the wiper stalks, indicators, twisting & turning the steering wheels (the leather wrapped steering was an amusement then!), playing around with the HU, increasing the radio volume from my mild 8 points to 38 points! The 2 other fellows from the rear cabin were checking possibilities / discussing how to plug their phone's jack into the car's HU to play their own music stuff.

* I clearly instructed them not to play around in the car and it is not their play ground. Another Innova owner (Ilango - if I remember correctly) came to me and said they were doing the same mischief on his car too and he just gave them his piece of mind a few minutes ago. Within less than a minute, we could listen to the goons passing comments about us and laughing & giggling.

* Called the Adviser and asked him to keep-up his team discipline. After his shouting, the team seemed to / at least acted to work.

* It took more than 45 minutes to clean the engine bay (water + drying). I opened up the bonnet to find that the wash job was pretty shabby and reported it again to the Adviser. By now, the Adviser and his wash-boys got into a deep argument about the topic. After my stubborn looks, they re-did the job under the hood and asked if I were happy. Still, there were patches of grease and dirt here and there and I had no further comments!

* Interior Vacuuming took another full 20 mins and still was NOT neat.

* After all these drama for more than a hour, my car had to wait as they were addressing 2 other cars which came only for an "Exterior wash". They were planning to get a 3rd car too before mine and after another round of blasting, they took mine for the next exterior wash. 7 to 10 mins later, the car was parked out for a manual wiping; During hand-over, there was dirt / wipe pattern at the wind-shields, all glasses, rear-bumper and even on the roof.

* The Adviser quoted a 450 rupees for this freaky job (they have hiked their prices from 350 bucks to 450 for Hatch backs - some 20 days back it seems ) and left without a bill. After demanding for a bill, he went to the first-floor deck and handed over a bill.

* Reaching home, I notice that the mud in the door-garnish UN-touched and I have lost all patience with these guys by now. A Shabby, untidy, hopeless service delivery from Pronto!

Frankly, these guys have a good number of customers (god knows how!!) even after such nightmarish experiences! Pronto to me is just a pocket-buster and No Value for money.

I will not visit them again.

Cheers!
M
Mister_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:22   #49
Team-BHP Support

Re: Terrible, Horrible and what not?? Worst car-care as on date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post

Frankly, these guys have a good number of customers (god knows how!!) even after such nightmarish experiences! Pronto to me is just a pocket-buster and No Value for money.

I will not visit them again.

Cheers!
M
3M shop is half a km away and charges 395+tax for a full exterior wash. The quality is probably 100 times better.

There is also speed wash on Sarjapur road which is near the fire station. They charge 250 for a full exterior and interior wash.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:27   #50
BHPian

Re: Terrible, Horrible and what not?? Worst car-care as on date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
3M shop is half a km away and charges 395+tax for a full exterior wash. The quality is probably 100 times better.

There is also speed wash on Sarjapur road which is near the fire station. They charge 250 for a full exterior and interior wash.

Rightly said Vid, I am a regular to Sidhu's 3M too; It is quite unfortunate that I hastily chose Pronto and burnt my fingers (very badly this time).

"Speed Wash"is something that I haven't tried yet and will check this soon. Thanks for this hint

Cheers!
M
Old 14th May 2014, 14:50   #51
BHPian

Reopening this thread after 8 months. What is the current update of this car wash ?
Is there any good car wash where I can take my car? I stay in Whitefield and all options nearby are been given really bad feedback.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Reopening this thread after 8 months. What is the current update of this car wash ?
Is there any good car wash where I can take my car? I stay in Whitefield and all options nearby are been given really bad feedback.
If you are staying in whitefield, won't it be a long ride to get the wash done in HSR?

I would recommend 3M car wash, HSR Layout. There is another car wash near Bescom station in HSR Layout, I get my car washed here on weekends (3m does car washing only on weekdays) and when I need under body cleaning.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:14   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If you are staying in whitefield, won't it be a long ride to get the wash done in HSR?

I would recommend 3M car wash, HSR Layout. There is another car wash near Bescom station in HSR Layout
Yes, its quite a distance but do we have some good car wash places in Whitefield ? I got some really bad reviews about 3M Marathalli.

Quote:
I get my car washed here on weekends (3m does car washing only on weekdays) and when I need under body cleaning.
Do you mean you get the car washed on weekdays ? How is the overall feedback of 3M car wash HSR layout ?
Old 14th May 2014, 16:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Do you mean you get the car washed on weekdays ? How is the overall feedback of 3M car wash HSR layout ?
I would rate 3M as good, they mess it up in a small way at times, but they are pretty serious about customer feedback. I take my car for wash on Fridays, they don't entertain washing on weekends.

I have an hatch and I pay 325/- INR for body wash, cleaning of wheel wells and interior vaccuming. They don't do the complete underbody wash, so once in 4-6 months I look at some other place to get the dirt cleaned.
Mr_Bean is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 20:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:

I would recommend 3M car wash, HSR Layout. There is another car wash near Bescom station in HSR Layout, I get my car washed here on weekends (3m does car washing only on weekdays) and when I need under body cleaning.
Quote:
I would rate 3M as good, they mess it up in a small way at times, but they are pretty serious about customer feedback. I take my car for wash on Fridays, they don't entertain washing on weekends.

I have an hatch and I pay 325/- INR for body wash, cleaning of wheel wells and interior vaccuming. They don't do the complete underbody wash, so once in 4-6 months I look at some other place to get the dirt cleaned.
After my journey from Kerala to Bangalore, I went to 3M HSR last week to get my Honda city washed. I was plainly told that they don't offer wash services. So, the next day I got it done from Car Spa HSR layout. They did a neat job.
Old 15th September 2014, 21:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
There is another car wash near Bescom station in HSR Layout, I get my car washed here on weekends (3m does car washing only on weekdays) and when I need under body cleaning.
Tell me about it.. How is the wash quality and the rates here. It seems crowded on the weekends when I think of taking my car there...
Old 16th September 2014, 17:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Tell me about it.. How is the wash quality and the rates here. It seems crowded on the weekends when I think of taking my car there...
Wash quality is decent, does the job for me, like 3M they have started using the spray foam wash. Between 2-5 pm, there aren't many cars on weekend. Just make sure you are physically present to monitor the job, point out the problem areas & they would be more than willing to wash them again cleanly. Seen few people leave the car and go home, avoid such a situation.

For my hatch (a-star), they charged 250/- for washing the body & wheel well, tyre scrubbing and interior cleaning. I tend to avoid engine bay cleaning since they spray a lot of water, which can screw up the electricals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
After my journey from Kerala to Bangalore, I went to 3M HSR last week to get my Honda city washed. I was plainly told that they don't offer wash services. So, the next day I got it done from Car Spa HSR layout. They did a neat job.
How much did they charge for the wash?
Mr_Bean is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 22:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
How much did they charge for the wash?
Foam washing, interior cleaning, engine bay cleaning etc done for Rs. 450/-. They even sprayed some perfumed stuff and cleaned the seats.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:51   #59
BHPian

Have been to Pronto for the first time to get my XUV cleaned, Over all work is satisfactory. they charged Rs.550/-.

There is a notice posted there, saying that the prices are going to increase by Rs.50/- for full wash and Rs.30/- for body wash starting from 1-Oct-14.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Have been to Pronto for the first time to get my XUV cleaned, Over all work is satisfactory. they charged Rs.550/-.

There is a notice posted there, saying that the prices are going to increase by Rs.50/- for full wash and Rs.30/- for body wash starting from 1-Oct-14.
Wow! That's some hike. The pricing here is going north every now and then. Initially was attracted by price alone as I was sure that automated car wash cannot match manual cleaning. At Rs.199 for body wash and Rs.349 for full wash, I was ok with it, not Rs.600! The car wash near BESCOM is a cheaper and better.

I have found myself a better place, my parents moved to Yelahanka and I found a place there who does body wash for Rs.200, I am happy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks