Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 12:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Dirt Blasters - Garuda Mall, Bangalore

A friend and myself were driving into Garuda when we were approached by the aforementioned people asking if we wanted to get our car cleaned. We said alright and thus follows the evaluation of this. Used the search facility and didn't find anything on the site.

We opted for an interior cleaning, exterior paint protection and UV protection. This cost 3,500. They do not have a water wash and so do a dry wash with liquid chemicals. There were a whole bunch of Meguiar's cans there and the staff all had Meguiar's T-shirts, so I assume that they are using original products and not some cheap knock off chemicals.

The job in itself took about 2.5 hours for the Ertiga and this was on a Friday when there was no rush. According to the owner, weekends are crowded.

The service itself is pretty decent though it seems to take a while, especially if you go on weekends. There are about 4 or 5 people who work there so do plan accordingly, especially if you are busy. The work is pretty good, though you do need to be there to ensure they don't miss spots. I saw a vehicle where they missed a spot.

Overall rating for service is about 3.5 out of 5.

Photos to follow in another post.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Dirt Blasters - Garuda Mall, Bangalore-img_1602.jpg  

pganapathy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 14:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Durt Blasters (Garuda Mall) Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
They do not have a water wash and so do a dry wash with liquid chemicals.
Warning: I may be too old school - BUT -

Somehow I can't digest this at all! What kind of a detailing center doesn't have a wash facility? And how would they remove all the dust and other rough particle before washing the car with chemicals? Won't they be introducing more swirls initially?
Old 7th April 2013, 14:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Durt Blasters (Garuda Mall) Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Warning: I may be too old school - BUT -

Somehow I can't digest this at all! What kind of a detailing center doesn't have a wash facility? And how would they remove all the dust and other rough particle before washing the car with chemicals? Won't they be introducing more swirls initially?
@CD: The car care center in Meenakshi mass also do not have a water wash facility - what they offer is a dry wash. May be in malls it is becoming difficult to find water and space to do water wash.

If the car is not really dirty, a water-less wash will clean the car as good (or even better) as a water wash. I have been following water-less car wash for almost 2 years now, 90% of my wash routine is composed of dusting off with Jopasu and then spray and wipe using ONR (in quick detailer concentration) and 3M blue MF towel. It saves lot of time and do not introduce swirls.
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:27   #4
BHPian

Re: Car Dirt Blasters - Garuda Mall, Bangalore

Could you provide a bit more detail on how the waterless wash is done.
From what I understand its good for getting rid of only dust and light dirt, if there's anything real heavy like mud/muck/grease the waterwash gets the job done better.
Also, why wouldn't this process introduce swirls?
Old 2nd June 2013, 16:43   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I was accosted by a soft spoken bloke called Shiva from Dusters Blasters or something at One MG Road today. They operate a car cleaning service in the basement so that one can get one's vehicle washed while one is shop hopping...

My car was very dirty indeed on account of the rains and slush etc so he said that for Rs 450/- he would get the exterior washed properly including an under chassis job and get the interiors vaccumed and cleaned up and put a spot of dashboard polish on too.

He said the process would take an hour or maybe an hour fifteen minutes. I know my car was miserably dirty both outside and inside so I said ok and gave him my keys. He gave me a form which I signed, tore off the counter foil and asked me to use it to claim the keys once I was done.

He then took the vehicle off to the Basement Level 2 and My wife and I went off to shop and loaf.

Three hours of shopping and some excellent loafing about in FoodHall, Oxford Bookshop, M&S followed by a light, enjoyable, exotic and ruinously expensive lunch up at The Grill & Curry Bowl done, I came back to Basement Level2 by lift and lo and behold as soon as I stepped out of the lift, my gleaming Yeti was the first sight that greeted me.

The car was thoroughly clean both outside and inside. Ah! What a pleasure! The boy came up to me, gave me the keys and asked me to sign the release form which I did quite happily, paid him and drove away in my deliciously clean car!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks