Team-BHP - Multi-Brand Workshop : Miles Automotive Solutions (Hennur road, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Multi-Brand Workshop : Miles Automotive Solutions (Hennur road, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/136478-multi-brand-workshop-miles-automotive-solutions-hennur-road-bangalore.html)

Services offered:
Multi-brand car workshop

I have been a regular customer of Milestone from when they opened, and I have known the owner, Sunil, for quite some time. He spent quite a few years in the UAE and has worked with the dealers for Nissan and Toyota before moving back to BLR and opening Milestone. I have recommended many friends to Milestone and the feedback has always been positive.

What I like:
Honest appraisal of the work required, and realistic options are presented so that the car-owner can decide.
Sunil and the crew have a clear focus toward safety
Sunil personally interacts with suppliers to get the best products/prices

What I don't like:
Distance from my place - but I am OK with not checking-up on my car while it's at Milestone, so that's fine.

Pricing: Comes across as higher than other multibrand workshops, primarily because he will replace parts at end-of-life rather than try and 'adjust' for some more life. Labour charges are more or less consistent with similar workshop.

Specialty / USP: Good at tuning; Absolutely candid with opinion on vehicle

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Sunil Jacob
- Phone numbers: 99860 44124
- Location: Hennur Road, approximately 1.5km from ORR, big yellow gate on right side.

Thanks for putting this up. Reviews on car-related outfits located around this part of town are rather sparse in the forum directories.

Today I visited Milestone Garage to get my broken exhaust pipe welded. Mr. Jacob personally oversaw the work done and patiently answered all my questions. The welding itself was "outsourced" to a gas-welding shop just opposite. Very satisfied with the job.

The workshop itself does not look that impressive, apart from a large yard in the back. In fact, I did not spot any "Milestone Garage" sign infront and identified the place only by the "yellow gates" description by the OP. This is in the Hennur Bande area past the police station (coming from ORR).

Mr. Jacob appears to be very knowledgeable about cars. I seized the opportunity to have him help out with identifying the source of an oil leak in the rear of the engine. Will very likely visit again.

Milestone Garage is the best (PERIOD).

I visited Sunil yesterday for the first time after moving to Bangalore and I have to say that this was the best ever experience of getting a vehicle looked after in the last 26 years of my driving.

My Pajero 2.8 (Chronicled at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...omes-home.html) which has now run 92K developed a sharp metallic clank in the rear right side. It was apparent when going over the omnipresent humps in Bangalore.

I contacted Sunil over phone after getting the details from this thread he agreed to look at my vehicle the very next day (He was out of town when I called him).

So next day I visited him and after a brief test drive he zeroed on to the Trailing arm bushes. They seemed to have done their duty and it was time to replace them at 92K. He advised me to leave the vehicle as procuring the parts could take some time.

By the time I reached home, Sunil has located the parts and sent me an SMS to confirm the same. I gave him the go ahead and also requested him that I waned to be present when they actually replaced. He readily agreed to that.

So today morning at 9, I got another SMS from him that parts had arrived and I was welcome to see the job being done.

My vehicle was attended with utmost care and every small thing attended to with full dedication. Sunil's vast experience and willingness and most important his attention to detail is awesome. It is rare to find someone like him. Hats off to him for fixing my vehicle to a brand new condition.

I would highly recommend him for everyone who wants to experience bliss when it comes to maintaining vehicles. I am happy to have found someone who takes care of your vehicle as his own and does not attempt to shortcut things.

I will definitely be going to him for my vehicle in future. Wishing him best of luck always.

Just a quick correction Sunil's official name is Mathews Jacob and the Garage's correct name is MILES AUTOMOTIVE SOLUTIONS . This was conveyed to me by Mathews himself after he read this post.

Note to mods: You many want to edit the Title of the Thread to Correctly mention the Garage's name as MILES AUTOMOTIVE SOLUTIONS.

After reading the positive reviews here, I had given my Cruze for service at Miles on Saturday 18/03/17. My experience wasn't that great and the damage to my wallet turned out to be far worse than I ever expected.

I received the vehicle back on Thursday and the final bill was 35K. This includes a flat bed towing to nearest Chevrolet Dealer <4KM away at Rs3000 (which turns out to be Rs1000 per KM), Replacement and reprogramming of Keyless Entry Control Module which costs 12800+3500 which was arranged without a bill using his claimed connections inside Chevrolet dealership. The Start Stop system stopped working on Tuesday while the vehicle was in his custody and the towing and module costs are a result of this. I could not verify whether the system was really replaced. I was held up with work and couldn't spent time, hence my priority was to get the vehicle back from him as soon as possible.

Multi-Brand Workshop : Miles Automotive Solutions (Hennur road, Bangalore)-miles-55k-service.jpg

The labour costs are more than what it costs in Chevrolet.
The labour for brakes itself turns out to be 4200.
Rotor skimming MachineShop Charges) @ 650 per disk. 2600 for 4 rotors
Calliper greasing at 450,
Rear Brake pad replacement at 550,
Rotor removal charge 600.
None of these work are included in the Paid service charge of Rs1600.

This bill is after denying other expensive repairs like Front Shock Absorber replacement (TRW Brand) at 18K + labour and Alternator repair @ 22k + labour. Apparenty, the TRW shocks costs Rs8900 outside and is even available online. Carista (who performs service at home) charges 14K including labour for the same work with same brand Shocks.

Overall a forgettable experience. I wouldn't recommend this workshop to any one unless you are driving a vehicle which cannot be repaired from an authorized service center and there are no other FNGs near by.

I second Holyghost. After the initial good feedback about Miles Automotive I now feel that their workmanship isn't that good. I faced lot of issues with my Pajero repairs and had to get everything done again someplace else. Also I discovered that they were way more expensive. It was a very costly learning for me.