Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 13:11   #1
Team-BHP Support

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)

This is a new venture set up by Nirmal (Nirmaljusdoit) - exfounder Ultimate Detailers

Ph: +919916120561

Pro's
  • At your doorstep
  • Prompt on time
  • Very Professional
  • Team fully engaged all the time
  • Every detail considered

Cons
  • Car needs to be properly washed
  • Actual time exceeds estimated time (actually a good thing since they are perfectionists)

Pre-requisites
  1. A 15 amp plug point within 100 feet
  2. A pre-washed car
  3. Access to some water
  4. 8 hours!
  5. Covered area

Brief - Restoration of car paintwork and minor interior clean up

Those of you who followed my travails with the Jetta might recollect the rough surface due to paint overspray due to the carelessness of Volkswagen Elite in Electronic City

I had planned to go the 3M HSR to give the Jetta in but the thought of going there, leaving car, going back home, returning to pick up car was making me postpone things.

Last week, I arranged for Nirmal to come over on saturday to detail my car. I live in a place with open car parking so I decided to get the work done in my mothers apartment with covered parking. Encountered a couple of hurdles

1: No power - not a problem, they carried 100 ft wire so I managed to plug into the thrid floor of my apartment and discretely drop a wire down to the basement. They discretely taped the wire to avoid anyone tripping on it.

2: No light - With the power in place, they rigged two CFL bulbs from the overhead pipes

The neighbouring apartment folks got even more curious.

I had got my car cleaned up the day before outside. The apartment has a hosepipe ban so this was necessary. Nirmal does carry a Karcher washer which can operate from a bucket as also a steam cleaner. I would advise getting it done outside so they can focus their energies on the detailing part.

The car was first dusted and given a once over with the ONR solution. Using LED torches, the bodywork was scanned for tar marks and stains. These were removed and the car was then clayed (including the glass)

Due to the overspray, the decision was to cut back the paint a little. Using a device, the paint thickness was measured and they then proceeded to use cutting paste on a rotary buffer all round.

The car was then polished using a newer machine which uses an orbital pattern. Once completed, Nirmal checked the car throughly and corrections if any are done.

The final stage was the application of sealant which was buffed out. Once completed, the final detailing on glass, headlight and minor trim is completed, leaving no crevice unturned. They then completed the interiors. The result was pretty amazing except the finishing picks out the odd surface dent!

Observations
  • Although it was to take 4 hours, it took almost 7 hours. The team of 4 were constantly engaged, very little lag time, they only ate lunch at the end.
  • Once or twice, they dropped a pad, it was discardedd - i.e. put away to be used again
  • Nirmal himself works on the car, a good thing since his passion and perfectionism brings out the shine, the only thing is when he expands and cannot be everywhere at one time
  • Engine bay was also cleaned
  • Attention to safety - all the team members wear masks and eye protection
Highly recommended. Pricing depends on the things like amount of work required, size of car etc. but it is is competitive compared to what I paid 3M to redo the Skoda before I sold it.

The Process

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-imag0513.jpg

Like new?

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-imag0514.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-imag0515.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-imag0516.jpg

This was when new!
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_2665.jpg

Last edited by ajmat : 27th May 2013 at 20:51.
ajmat is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 13:38   #2
BHPian

re: Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Detailers (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is a new venture set up by Nirmal (nirmaljustdoit) - exfounder Ultimate Detailers
WOW waiting to get this done for my ride. How much does it cost you? Do they have any packages based on the type of cars?
Old 27th May 2013, 23:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)

My 2 cents - Having known Mr. Nirmal personally for sometime, I can confidently say your car was in the best hands. What an amiable person and a perfectionist he is. This venture has been in the works for sometime and good to see it fully functional now. In fact, I was speaking to him the other day when he was detailing your car.

For the perfectionist that he is, it is no surprise that he shall treat each and every car with the same level of attention to detail be it a Nano or Maserati.
For a man as knowledgeable as him, its sometime surprising how down to earth he is. Although he is stretched for time, he has trained his crew to perform on an entire car from start to finish without needing any intervention. Such is his commitment to the profession. Be it simple easy stuff like cleaning, claying etc to complicated procedures like Opti-Coat, his crew is well trained.

Also, Keystone enterprises is reseller for a lot of detailing items such as Meguiars, Car Pro, Optimum, Jopasu, 3M, and many other brands. In my many transactions over the past few months, Ive never been disappointed a single time and have been supplied whatever I have asked for.

AJMAT sir, good to see your car restored to the level of beauty it was always meant to have. Hope all your troubles with VW have ended

P.S. My only complaint - when are you putting up all the pictures Mr. Nirmal? (hope you are reading this)

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 27th May 2013 at 23:22.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 21:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I would like to share the experience of my friend(not a member here) who got his car detailed from Keystone Detailers and requested me to post a review on behalf of him

Disclaimer- I am in no way associated with Keystone Detailers. I am just posting a review on behalf of my friend who has availed their services. If deemed against rules, this post may be deleted.

Quote:
“Hello Team. I would like to share my experience on getting my car detailed from Keystone Detailers(KD). My black Vento was never given a proper TLC and was washed by the usual car cleaner with some cloth which resulted in a lot of damage. The paint had lost its sheen. After looking at the Vento detailed in this thread I fixed up an appointment with KD for the complete detailing of my car. And what a transformation! My car looks better than the day I took it from the showroom and I just can’t stop myself staring at it. Lovely transformation . The team at KD were thorough professionals and used high quality products from meguiars professional range and other top notch brands and the result is indeed stunning. Also received a lot of gyan on how to maintain the paint sheen using minimum effort.Also bought Meguairs glass cleaner concentrate for daily cleaning the glass and it’s a really good product. KD also is a retailer for complete range of Meguiars Professional and DIY products in India and are available at discounted rate ranging from 5% - 15% depending on the product, compared to other online retailers which means you get good products at great prices. For someone who is new to the “Detailing” word like me, all this is a revelation. I am happy with the work done. Keep up the good work KD and thumbs up!”
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 20:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Got my 5 yo Civic done by Keystone. I'll let the pictures do the talking...needless to say, the transformation has been quite stunning. A crew of 4 including Nirmal showed up on time and were at it for a good 6 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3444-comp.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3445-comp.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 11th July 2013 at 22:06.
Mpower is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 18:03   #6
BHPian

Wow the work looks proffesional.

What does it cost?

Do we have price list for kinds of work he does?
Old 20th July 2013, 09:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Wow the work looks proffesional.

What does it cost?

Do we have price list for kinds of work he does?
They have a website http://www.keystoneenterprises.in. All their rates are listed on that.
Parthasarathig is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 01:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

More pics of key areas before and after the Detailing that shows how the swirl marks have been removed. Excuse the poor lighting, we were in the basement parking

Before
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_104531.jpg
After
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_163603-after.jpg

Before
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_104519.jpg

After
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_163550-after.jpg

Before
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_104510.jpg

After
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20130706_163541-after.jpg
Mpower is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Is Eco Car Care in Facebook owned by the same group? I just ordered Optimum car wash from there and find that it is distributed by keystone as well, as per their website - http://www.keystoneenterprises.in/optimum.htm.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 16:41   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Keystone experience is out of the world! had got my car done up with nirmal. Let the pictures do the talking
Hadn't you taken your car to steam&shine just recently? Why the need for another session so soon? Also what did you get done this time around and how was the experience compared to steam&shine?
Old 20th November 2013, 20:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hadn't you taken your car to steam&shine just recently? Why the need for another session so soon? Also what did you get done this time around and how was the experience compared to steam&shine?
drmohit, these are older pics when i was in bangalore Nirmal is the best experience in car detailing. Steam and shine/ 3M care care don't come any close. Once i moved to Gurgaon, i had asked nirmal for some references, and steam and shine was one of the option

BTW post 3M care care opening in Gurgaon, i have my 3 monthly foam wash taken care of rest i will be taking control on my own.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 11:12   #12
BHPian

Another Feather in Keystones!!

One of my friend visited Nirmal for giving his Punto some nice treatment.

The results were out of the world.

Hats off again to Nirmal for pulling a great job - Again.

Details:

1. Pressure wash & complete cleaning of wheels and paint with decontamination of iron and tar deposits using Gyeon Q2 Iron and Tar
2. Paint compounded and polished with Menzerna FG400 and SF 4000
3. Glass coating of Gyeon Q2 Prime applied

The Menzerna products are German and are truly amazing. Especially for European cars. The work wonders.

Q2 is a ceramic coating which gives a semi-hard layer on top of the finished surface for that glassy look.

Some pics
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20140406_152833.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20140406_155553.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20140406_155647.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20140406_155657.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-20140406_160927.jpg

Apart from this, i have bought some cool products which i will review soon!
newtonMeter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is what he Nirmal did to my 1 year old Fortuner.. Let the snaps do the talking

1st Snap is before the treatment, Removed the bumper guards before detailing and is planning to go without that
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-old.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0019.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0021.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0022.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0023.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0027.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0028.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img20141206wa0030.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-withbhp.jpg  

gadadhar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 17:14   #14
BHPian

Nirmal did a fantastic job on detailing pre worshipped BMWer. Nirmal and team have an excellent eye to detail and their work has been amazing. Got the exterior, interior and engine bay detailing done. Truly changed the face of the car.

Would highly recommend to any one who is considering the detailing treatment for their loved machines.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_4526.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_4512.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_4533.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_4521.jpg

Last edited by vishnugs : 15th December 2014 at 17:17.
vishnugs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 12:36   #15
BHPian

The Art of Detailing

I was referred to Keystone Enterprises by my Professor who approximately 15 months ago got his 3 series detailed by Keystone and to this day every time I see the car I can see that the coating is holding up quite well and looks better than a car that is just out of the showroom, thanks to the detailing and the impeccable maintenance it receives.

Ever since I've been hooked on to these threads on detailing and Ceramic coating et all and decided that I'm going to get it done on my cars but never had the time to until now when I had booked my 530d.
There was no better timing than this!

Before I even took delivery of the Car I called up Sagar of M/s Kalpana Muralidhara Enterprises who are the franchisee for Keystone in Northwest Bangalore and fixed up an appointment the day after delivery as I was driving the Car down from my hometown after delivery but had to be postponed due to certain unforeseen circumstances during delivery.

He was very courteous and explained the process in detail and the treatment I should get done on the car being new. He apprised me of their entire product range from shampoos to degreasers and their top of the line Ceramic Ultra Glass coating that they source from top suppliers abroad. They are also the official detailers for Porsche and Exotic Automotive supercar club and also distributors for Menzerna polishing compounds and Flex polishers, the worlds top brands in car detailing.

On the Delivery day to my horror the car already had lot of swirl marks and minute scratches on the clear coat not to mention the scratches that was put in the A.S.S when the car went in to get the running board replaced which was damaged during delivery.

One the D Day, Sagar arrived on time at 9 AM with his boys and all the necessary tools and products along with a Car Duster and quick detailing solution concentrate i requested.

What they were gonna do was wash the car completely with using foaming shampoo , remove the dirt from the wheel wells and decontaminate the panels using clay followed by compounding using Menzerna HCC 400 to remove the imperfections and the minute swirl marks and scratches and then apply their Ceramic Ultra Coating.

The idea behind ceramic coating is discussed in detail in and around the web and various products are available, hence I'm not gonna discuss about that in detail.

However to explain it in layman terms a Ceramic Coating is a hard protective layer that is applied on a panel that bonds with the clear coat providing paint protection,deeper gloss,water beading,repelling dirt and also protecting the paint against minor scratches and swirl marks.

In short its sort of a Hard Clear Coat over the existing clear coat

Now,before I begin to explain the process, I was told the this process will extend upto 6-8 hours depending on the work needed and will differ for old vs new cars.

Here are a few pics before the process started.
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3071_1.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3074_1.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3079_1.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3086_1.jpg

To begin with, the car is completely washed down with pressure washer to get rid of all the dirt and grime before they proceed with the process.
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3483_2.png

After this the interiors of the car was vacuumed and cleaned thoroughly.
Being a new car a basic interior treatment was done as an extensive treatment wasn't required but will slot an appointment soon to get the completely done.

The process begins with the wheels, starting with the tire walls being washed with water and degreaser and then scrubbed with a brush followed by degreasing the alloy and removing the contaminants finally being washed and scrubbed with a tire brush before it is finally washed down with water to produce a clean impeccable alloy finished in beautiful ferric grey.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3097_1.jpg

This process was continued onto the rest.

Then they moved to the engine bay which was washed and treated before moving on to the rest of the body.

It is followed by Claying process with water as lubricant which is used to remove the minute contamination and the roughness in the paint which also helps in bringing the gloss out of the paint.

Claying has to be done carefully and the clay bar has to be repeatedly folded to open a clean surface to prevent damage to the panel as the dirt and contaminants will be stuck in the surface that has been used.

It's done in a circular fashion with light and even pressure applied so that the contaminants do not damage the surface.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3117.jpg

Once the entire car is clayed the car is washed with water followed by a foam wash with a wipe down with washing mitt and then sprayed down with normal water and wiped dry before they start compounding.

Name:  IMG_3485.png
Views: 5939
Size:  576.9 KB
Name:  IMG_3489.png
Views: 5923
Size:  528.7 KB

Compounding is started once the car is completely dry after a wipe down.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0200.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3166.jpg

As and when the panels are compounded the compounding dust is wiped off and once the entire car is compounded and wiped the coating is applied.

The Coating is applied on the applicator and it is applied in vertical motion over each and every panel followed by a wipe down of the excess.

The Coating was done on the Carbon Fiber Parts as well and the gloss on the CF was phenomenal after that.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3159.jpg
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0282.jpg

The car was completely wiped down to remove any excess and the end result was just mind blowing to say the least.

Really brings out the gloss and the depth of the paint making it more beautiful that I can stare at it all day long.

Here are a few shots that was taken after the Coating was done.

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0254.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0255_copy.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0274.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0309.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0302.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0332.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0341.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0349.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-dsc_0368.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3253.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3255.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3257.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3258.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3290.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3318.jpg

Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3326.jpg

This has completely transformed the looks while making it easier on maintenance as well given the fact the car doesn't need to washed every other day as the coating can hold up dust and water marks quit well.

Pros-

On time
Inexpensive – rates are transparent in a rate card
Attention to detail is Impeccable
Detailed Explanation

Cons-

Time Consuming.

They left no stone unturned, all the cervices,trim,glass every bit and piece of the car including the grills and the air dam was taken care of and detailed to perfection making the car look better than the way it rolled off the factory floor.

Before you opt for it make sure you have a covered well lit parking with easy access to water and power supply though they have an extension cable that came all the way from my apartment in 4th floor. They also have a free pick up and drop facility to their workshop if suitable place is not available.

He'll thoroughly explain on maintenance on how to wash the car et al after it is done.

Cost of Detailing Rs.20K

Contact Info:
Sagar
+91 9480044335
Give him my referral.

Disclaimer: I neither work for, nor am associated with nor have commercial interest in Keystone and / or their businesses. This review is just my opinion as a vanilla detailing enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing : Keystone Enterprises (Bangalore)-img_3279.jpg  

Last edited by #enzowho : 9th July 2016 at 07:20.
#enzowho is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed