Team-BHP - Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/149042-tyres-alignment-balancing-slnp-pitstop-tubrahalli-bangalore.html)

I had been to SLNP Pitstop, a multi-brand tyre dealer on the Marathalli Varthur road over the weekend for my regular wheel alignment, Balancing and rotation as the car had just completed 10k kms. Normally, I would go to Tyre plus near the Forum value mall, but since this is closer to my house I stopped to check on their service and I am glad I did as they have a huge set up for Tyres and also have nitrogen. I had a good chat with the owner, who came across as a honest individual who was passionate about his work.

Services Offered

1. Interior/Exterior Detailing
2. Tyres/ Alloys/ Seat covers
3. Multimedia (Head Units, Speakers)
4. Wheel alignment (3D) and Wheel Balancing.
5. Car washing (I did not use this service)
6. Tubeless tyre puncture. (My Yoko picked up a nail somewhere :Frustrati)
7. Accessories

What I like:
Customer oriented team
Knows and understands the customers requirements,
Open on all 7 days of week!
I spoke to the owner about team-Bhp and he recognized the forum, though he is not a member. His next question was how do I become a memberclap:

Pricing:
Reasonable.
Mention Team-Bhp and I am sure you will get the best pricing, as I did.

What I don't like about them:
Nothing as of now

Contact Information:
#28/1, Varthur Main Road, Tubrahalli, Whitefield post, Bangalore
Mobile: 9741688995 / 080-42055566
09:30 to 20:30

Their first branch was in Sanjaynagar (road connecting Sanjaynagar to Ramaiah college Signal) where I have referred many friends who have come back with good feedback. They opened this ORR branch (HRBR Layout 2nd Phase)around 6-8 months back if I can recall.

This one at Whitefield seems to be their 3rd Branch? Or are they someone else?

It was when I wanted to pick alloys for my WagonR that I visited them and after which I also picked a set of XM2s which went as the 4th seat of tires.

The owners are friendly and would suggest you based on your need rather than selling what they want.

Overall, I too am a happy customer since my last few visits from 2011 onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 3392642)
This one at Whitefield seems to be their 3rd Branch? Or are they someone else?

You are correct, this is their third branch in Bangalore. :thumbs up

Some pictures

Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)-20140315-16-19-27-3.jpg

Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)-20140315-16-19-50-2.jpg

I just fixed Michelin Pirmacy 3ST's from them just a while back for my Laura and it was indeed a very good team including Vijay who is the owner. The only downside is that he took my 3 tyres only for INR 1000 though they were in good condition which I think was too less but left happy since they did the job very efficiently and also priced the 3ST's very low.

Find the link to my other post where cost details have been shared.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3395835

Considering their efficiency and cost - I would surely recommend others to try out.

Any recent feedback about this place?

Also, where exactly is this place? I have not noticed this place though I travel regularly on Varthur Main Road.

This is indeed a nice place. I go there for alignment regularly. It is near Thubarahalli bus stand, just before the deviation to BEML layout on Whitefield Main Road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 3464790)
I have not noticed this place though I travel regularly on Varthur Main Road.

While going from kundanahalli Junction towards Varthur, Just before the Tubarahalli bus stand, there is a Hero motors two wheelers showroom. This one is just before that. Its on your left while on this direction.

I need to get a reverse parking sensor fitted for my Getz. Does anyone have experience with them for accessories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 3464790)
Any recent feedback about this place?

Had been to SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli) today for Alignment & Balancing.

They lack staff who are trained for the job. The guy put a single jack near the front wheel and removed 2 wheels on the driver side.
When I requested to get a fixed stand at the rear as one never know if the jack snaps what may happen, the supervisor was arrogant and told me if I am not happy with service I can take the car back, I completed the balancing and quit the place immediately.Will get the Alignment done @Tyre plus near Forum Value mall , where the personal are quite trained who know the job and do a neat and good job.

Will never visit this place again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiaous (Post 3508686)
Had been to SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli) today for Alignment & Balancing.

They lack staff who are trained for the job. The guy put a single jack near the front wheel and removed 2 wheels on the driver side.
When I requested to get a fixed stand at the rear as one never know if the jack snaps what may happen, the supervisor was arrogant and told me if I am not happy with service I can take the car back, I completed the balancing and quit the place immediately.Will get the Alignment done @Tyre plus near Forum Value mall , where the personal are quite trained who know the job and do a neat and good job.

Will never visit this place again.

agree: I also got alignment and balancing done at this place last week. I could make out that there is no proper process followed and the lack of interest from employees is very much visible.

I agree to the last two comments. The workers are not very professional and I had to remind them to check the tyre pressure before they do the alignment and they even charge for Nitrogen top up. This is in complete contrast to my earlier experiences and I guess I would also go to the tyre empire further up going forward.

There is only one guy who actually knows the job well and he runs the show. When the owner is around, I guess the things are different.

They have opened another branch on 24th Main, JP Nagar (500 mtrs from Nandini Hotel towards Brigade Millennium). Has anyone tried this place? I have to go in for new shoes. My last change was done at Millivision/Vijay Alignment few years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 3509646)
agree: I also got alignment and balancing done at this place last week. I could make out that there is no proper process followed and the lack of interest from employees is very much visible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dass (Post 3556487)
I agree to the last two comments. The workers are not very professional and I had to remind them to check the tyre pressure before they do the alignment and they even charge for Nitrogen top up. This is in complete contrast to my earlier experiences and I guess I would also go to the tyre empire further up going forward.

Do you know if this is this has anything to do with SLNP Pitstop in HRBR layout? I mean are they part of a chain of shops?

I'm planning o visit them, but a bit skeptical after the recent experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannags (Post 3792356)
Do you know if this is this has anything to do with SLNP Pitstop in HRBR layout? I mean are they part of a chain of shops?

I'm planning o visit them, but a bit skeptical after the recent experiences.

The have branches at the following locations:
  1. Sanjaynagar
  2. Kalyan Nagar (HRBR Layout)
  3. JP Nagar
  4. Whitefield
  5. Yelahanka

Had visited this place to get my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl, I already had the vinyl and just wanted to get it applied, First of all they have only one person who does these wraps for all of their outlets, after 3 visits, finally today I went there, the person came and started opening my wrap package, meanwhile I asked about installation charges, he quoted 1500, I was like :eek: , I told, see, I know how it is done, spray soap water, place the wrap and use heat gun and apply it and this doesn't command a charge of 1500, the in-charge there says, if its so easy then why won't you do it? I said, 'yes, now I think, I should better do it, for 1500 I can buy a heat gun or better off rent one for 100 odd bucks' I told, max I can pay for is 500 (that too was a bit high from my point of view, since I have seen complete installation with vinyl costs 1500-2000 range).

Point here is about the attitude of the in-charge and the over-charging for labour, just because the customer knows how to do it and he can't offer him reasonable pricing, doesn't mean that he can ask the customer himself to do it.