Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 08:58   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 220
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
Some photos of the showroom and workshop below. Photos may not do justice to the real feel of the work. I never knew that they insert Copper wires inside to maintain the shape The guy stitching my neck pillow is the owner, Basavesh.
Hope you got the Team-BHP discount, they reduced flat 1000 for me 3 years back, when I got the covers done for my elite i20.
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 14:11   #17
BHPian
 
gearedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 80
Thanked: 22 Times
Talking Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hope you got the Team-BHP discount, they reduced flat 1000 for me 3 years back, when I got the covers done for my elite i20.
Yes, that exact discount continues I am not sure if that would be extended to folks outside team-bhp.

My view is that the rates are very subjective to different designs, material, size of car, additional works etc.....
Disclaimer: I also have a tendency not to bargain with anyone on anything And here too, I just paid what I was asked to. But later I was told about the discount!
gearedup is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 01:39   #18
BHPian
 
adutta2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
Yes, that exact discount continues I am not sure if that would be extended to folks outside team-bhp.

My view is that the rates are very subjective to different designs, material, size of car, additional works etc.....
Disclaimer: I also have a tendency not to bargain with anyone on anything And here too, I just paid what I was asked to. But later I was told about the discount!
Hi, Did they cut open the stitch of the OEM seats or did they put a needle through the seats? I am little confused and worried if these are the right approaches to getting seat covers done but then most of the folks in Bangalore do it this way or else they say that the fit is not good. What do you suggest, should i opt for slip on covers instead?
adutta2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 12:44   #19
BHPian
 
gearedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 80
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Hi, Did they cut open the stitch of the OEM seats or did they put a needle through the seats? .............. else they say that the fit is not good. What do you suggest, should i opt for slip on covers instead?
Mine are slip on covers, I am sorry I did not watch very keenly to observe how much of needle were used / original stitches were cut open.
As you said, they took these slip on covers and then did some "tinkering" with the original seats "only for a good fit". I don't think my original seat / seat fabric is damaged much - is that your main concern ?
gearedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore) Furman Bangalore 816 29th January 2019 07:09
Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore) motomaverick Bangalore 49 1st October 2016 12:36
Slip on Seat Covers Vs Factory Fit seat covers Kärlsson Modifications & Accessories 18 29th June 2016 22:19
Reliance AutoZone - HSR Layout (Bangalore) mac187 Bangalore 40 3rd June 2015 18:06
Automotive Workshop - SSS Auto Care ( HSR Layout - Bangalore) binz Bangalore 6 20th December 2012 22:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:46.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks