Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 13:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Nice job Can you provide some more info on the steering cover that you have used? Looks like suede-ish material. Is it sourced from Trend itself, or did you purchase it elsewhere?
Thanks. It was ordered from Ali Express (Mewant official store). Yes it’s black seude material.
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Try to opt for pure Nappa leather for steering. Its available with him. The material gives a very cushy grip, and is a pleasure to hold. Suede may not last, given the pressure.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 00:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Thanks to Mr Basavesh for the quick resolution of issues.
My faith in Trend has been restored.
Previously I had reported on this thread about the seat noise that was coming from my Nexon's passenger seat after putting seat covers.

It seems the noise is coming from some kind of product issue. I am not sure what the issue will be as SA refused to take a look just because I have put seat cover. He did take a look without opening anything and didn't find any problems with any of the nuts.

I was slowly getting used to the noise when I stumbled upon a can of WD40 in of the super stores. I thought of giving it a try on the nuts which I could see in the passenger seat. It has been 3 weeks since I have applied the WD40 spray and I can say the noise has not come back, not even once.

I do not know what was causing the noise. But thankfully it is not there anymore. I thought of writing this as I was talking to Mr Basavesh and the topic came up and we both were clueless as to what could be the source of the noise.

So if you are facing any noise in the seats after it has been opened and put back for seat cover, do try the WD40.
ayankm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:21   #34
BHPian

Got a leather wrap stitched for my Fiesta. My original leather wrap got all bruised after almost 5 years of service. Sanju from Trend was professional in handling my queries and the work done is of superior quality. 5 star from my side as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img20200307wa0049.jpg  

itsashishsharma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas as to what is the price for a steering cover alone, in leather?
Old 13th March 2020, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Got a leather wrap stitched for my Fiesta. My original leather wrap got all bruised after almost 5 years of service. Sanju from Trend was professional in handling my queries and the work done is of superior quality. 5 star from my side as well.
Looks good. Is the fit tight and flush with the steering, as is the case with OEM leather wraps? I guess what I am getting at is : how close is this to OEM fit and finish? Also, what is the cost for the steering wrap?
Old 13th March 2020, 10:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Looks good. Is the fit tight and flush with the steering, as is the case with OEM leather wraps? I guess what I am getting at is : how close is this to OEM fit and finish? Also, what is the cost for the steering wrap?
The fit and finish is as good as the OEM leather cover that came with the car. The feel is definitely better.
Cost is ₹1800 for the genuine leather wrap + fitting.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:58   #38
BHPian

I visited Trends today to replace the steering leather on my S-Cross. The S-Cross is known to have a pretty poor leather cover which gets damaged and the same was applicable in my case.
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20201012_125950.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20201012_125957.jpg

The entire job took about two hours and I was charged 2000 rupees for the genuine leather cover. The final outcome was exceptional and fitment is almost OEM.

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20201012_145823.jpgSeat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20201012_145813.jpgSeat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20201012_145819.jpg
NiXTriX2004 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 21:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
I visited Trends today to replace the steering leather on my S-Cross. The S-Cross is known to have a pretty poor leather cover which gets damaged and the same was applicable in my case.
Attachment 2066959

Attachment 2066960

The entire job took about two hours and I was charged 2000 rupees for the genuine leather cover. The final outcome was exceptional and fitment is almost OEM.

Attachment 2066965Attachment 2066966Attachment 2066971
Looks really great and the steering appears meaty. Please help me with the following queries,

1. OE leather cover was retained or removed?
2. Steering wheel was removed for this OE type stitching or they've done it without removing the same.
3. Was this made to order or readily available? any update on leather quality. I was told that the perforated pattern might fade sooner than the plain.

Sorry for the set of questions as I also faced the same premature wear and tear in my Scross 1.3 Alpha which is only 2 years old.

Last edited by Jebs : 12th October 2020 at 21:20. Reason: corrections
Old 12th October 2020, 21:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
1. OE leather cover was retained or removed?
2. Steering wheel was removed for this OE type stitching or they've done it without removing the same.
3. Was this made to order or readily available? any update on leather quality. I was told that the perforated pattern might fade sooner than the plain.
1. The leather cover has to be removed.
2. The steering wheel was not removed from the vehicle and the work was done in-situ.
3. Everything is made to order. The quality of leather is good. I'm not sure about the early fade for the perforated leather though. Should last a few years at least.
NiXTriX2004 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:15   #41
BHPian

Thanks NiXTriX2004 for the details. I've installed the leather steering wheel cover recently and hence I've asked those questions. Your leather steering wheel cover looks much better. My pictures are below. I have paid 3.8K for the same. But I'm not fully happy with the work done though.
It feels very thin to me. Please share your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag2481.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag2480.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imag2482.jpg  

Jebs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 13:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NiXTriX2004 for the details. I've installed the leather steering wheel cover recently and hence I've asked those questions. Your leather steering wheel cover looks much better. My pictures are below. I have paid 3.8K for the same. But I'm not fully happy with the work done though.
Hi. The finishing depends on multiple factors. If your steering came with leather beforehand then it would have grooves into which the seam should sit. The excess leather should be trimmed to ensure that there is no bulge.

If your car didn't come with leather then that bulge can only be eliminated by making grooves on the steering. I can see grooves on your steering but the installer didn't seem to have seated the seams in the groove though.

With regards to the cost, I opted for genuine leather but it was not Napa leather. The cost for Napa leather would be similar to the cost you mentioned. Napa leather is thinner as well as it is of better quality. I actually don't like it to be too thick as I feel it robs the feel.

Your steering cover looks to be good as well. Don't worry too much about it. Use it for a couple of years and then get it changed.

Last edited by NiXTriX2004 : 13th October 2020 at 13:42.
NiXTriX2004 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 14:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Hi. The finishing depends on multiple factors. If your steering came with leather beforehand then it would have grooves into which the seam should sit. The excess leather should be trimmed to ensure that there is no bulge.

If your car didn't come with leather then that bulge can only be eliminated by making grooves on the steering. I can see grooves on your steering but the installer didn't seem to have seated the seams in the groove though.

With regards to the cost, I opted for genuine leather but it was not Napa leather. The cost for Napa leather would be similar to the cost you mentioned. Napa leather is thinner as well as it is of better quality. I actually don't like it to be too thick as I feel it robs the feel.

Your steering cover looks to be good as well. Don't worry too much about it. Use it for a couple of years and then get it changed.
Thanks really a lot for your comments. Yes, I was having OE leather cover (being an Alpha trim) and I was insisted by the installer to remove the same before proceeding though I was expecting that it'll be installed on top of it (by referring other threads). This one is not Napa but the basic quality and Napa, Euro napa and all costs over 5-7K. As per them, OE cover was the highest quality (Napa) and that itself started fading this faster. Anyway, I'll need to live with this setup for now.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This looks like a decently done job, with almost OEM type of fit and finish (at least looks like that from the images that you have posted). Was the steering wheel dismantled from the steering column when the work was done? Or was it done without dismantling it? What is the material that was used?
arindambasu13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
This looks like a decently done job, with almost OEM type of fit and finish (at least looks like that from the images that you have posted). Was the steering wheel dismantled from the steering column when the work was done? Or was it done without dismantling it? What is the material that was used?
Thanks arindambasu13 for the comment. Steering wheel wasn't dismantled and that was the reason I chose that accessories shop. Rest of them are told me that steering wheel to be dismantled to get OE finishing. The material is pure leather and they've set of varieties ranging from 3.8K to 7.5K. Some of the names are Napa, Euro Napa and Alcantara etc.I chose the budget one (3.8K) considering that all leathers would fade away in 2-3 years of time (as per them).

Agree the stitching and looks are good, but the feel factor seems missing. Also by seeing the other quality jobs, I'm started feeling that it could have been done well considering the price point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks