Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 15th January 2020, 13:03   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Nice job Can you provide some more info on the steering cover that you have used? Looks like suede-ish material. Is it sourced from Trend itself, or did you purchase it elsewhere?
Thanks. It was ordered from Ali Express (Mewant official store). Yes itís black seude material.
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Try to opt for pure Nappa leather for steering. Its available with him. The material gives a very cushy grip, and is a pleasure to hold. Suede may not last, given the pressure.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 00:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Thanks to Mr Basavesh for the quick resolution of issues.
My faith in Trend has been restored.
Previously I had reported on this thread about the seat noise that was coming from my Nexon's passenger seat after putting seat covers.

It seems the noise is coming from some kind of product issue. I am not sure what the issue will be as SA refused to take a look just because I have put seat cover. He did take a look without opening anything and didn't find any problems with any of the nuts.

I was slowly getting used to the noise when I stumbled upon a can of WD40 in of the super stores. I thought of giving it a try on the nuts which I could see in the passenger seat. It has been 3 weeks since I have applied the WD40 spray and I can say the noise has not come back, not even once.

I do not know what was causing the noise. But thankfully it is not there anymore. I thought of writing this as I was talking to Mr Basavesh and the topic came up and we both were clueless as to what could be the source of the noise.

So if you are facing any noise in the seats after it has been opened and put back for seat cover, do try the WD40.
ayankm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:21   #34
BHPian

Got a leather wrap stitched for my Fiesta. My original leather wrap got all bruised after almost 5 years of service. Sanju from Trend was professional in handling my queries and the work done is of superior quality. 5 star from my side as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img20200307wa0049.jpg  

itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas as to what is the price for a steering cover alone, in leather?
Old 13th March 2020, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Got a leather wrap stitched for my Fiesta. My original leather wrap got all bruised after almost 5 years of service. Sanju from Trend was professional in handling my queries and the work done is of superior quality. 5 star from my side as well.
Looks good. Is the fit tight and flush with the steering, as is the case with OEM leather wraps? I guess what I am getting at is : how close is this to OEM fit and finish? Also, what is the cost for the steering wrap?
Old 13th March 2020, 10:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Looks good. Is the fit tight and flush with the steering, as is the case with OEM leather wraps? I guess what I am getting at is : how close is this to OEM fit and finish? Also, what is the cost for the steering wrap?
The fit and finish is as good as the OEM leather cover that came with the car. The feel is definitely better.
Cost is ₹1800 for the genuine leather wrap + fitting.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed