Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 15:40   #1
BHPian

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Products Sold:
Custom seat covers made from Leather, Art Leather, Luster/ PU etc.

What I bought from them:
Custom seat covers made from Slink leather + leather (perforated)

Pricing:
Luster/ PU – 6k
Slink Leather – 15k
Pure Leather – 26K ~ 28K
Pure Leather Steering – 2K
Pure Leather for gear stick – 500

My combination of Slink leather + Leather worked to 13K + 5K

What I liked:
  • Hardworking guys, they were eager for getting the business which is always a plus point in my books
  • Workshop set-up which gives confidence that they ‘Make’ the product not just ‘Sell’ it. Unlike most shops offering seat cover services
  • Excellent fit and finish. Cleaned seats/ interiors post fitting without me asking.
  • I found the price reasonable, based on my research

What I didn’t like:
Final fitting of seats is done on the road as they do not have room. Not a major issue though.

On eve of 5th Birthday of my car, I decide to treat him with nice seat covers. I couldn't find time to travel to Imperial located at Bannerghatta road and knowing my lazy self I wanted to get it done for the occasion. While roaming around in HSR I checked for seat covers and didn't find good quality ones. Most would get it done outside and fix it or would be selling slip-on covers which I didn't want. I chanced upon this place on 27th Main road. First thing I liked was that they would make the covers right there, they have a small workshop set-up. And the guys there were very enthusiastic, enquired about my requirement and showed me designs and were also open to any designs I had in mind. My creative mind showed them Range Rover 2014 interiors and he didn't laugh at my face which was another positive. He mentioned that the foam in seat made most of the design in the Rover and not the cover itself. He was ok with the replicating the pattern. Thankfully sense prevailed and I thought of going with a simple design.

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_115407.jpg

I spent about an hour going through different designs and finalized a simple one which will be functional and also bring a new look to the dull interiors of the Swift. Initially, I had dark brown in mind but changed it last minute to this light beige colour to brighten up the interiors. I decided to go for a mix of Slink leather, which has grains like real leather and is thicker than PU, and perforated pure leather at touch areas. I didn’t plan to spend a lot on the covers but ended up with this combination which I found would address my needs of a changed interior and lowering the heat buildup which occurs with PU.

After finalizing the design and paying the advance, I was asked to come back in three days. I informed them that I was in no hurry and would prefer good quality work over speed. I fixed time for next weekend for the fitting.

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_115337.jpg

I must say, I was not prepared of the kind of effort involved in fixing seat covers, it was humid day and watching these guys work hard on getting the fitting right was an eye opener. They cleaned the seats completely before beginning working on it. I would recommend a thorough interior clean before going in for seat covers. However, they did a good job. They used high gauge copper rods to fix the seat in firmly and stitched it on the machine, which is a two man job. When the removed the seats, I used the opportunity to get the interiors cleaned at a nearby car wash. Post wash, the car was ready to try on the new clothes and boy did it look smart or what.

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_120053.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_122138.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_122721.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_122937.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_152020.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20140315_152038.jpg

The owner of the place has been doing this for the past 10 years working in G-sport, Marvin and Imperial as well. He has branched out on his own along with few friends. I liked that they spent time in understanding my needs and did a great job with the seats. The final touches like ensuring the seats are cleaned along with the interiors without asking, increased their stocks in my books.

Basavesh - 9900404050/ 9738304050
Location: 27th Main road, opposite Castrol Pit Stop, Below Andhra Bank ATM

Last edited by mac187 : 14th April 2014 at 15:51.
mac187 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Great to know about this place at this side of Bangalore. I am impressed with the overal work and the attention to details. Will surely try this place for my next set.
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:56   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the info @mac187 -Both leather and art leather will make you sweat! does it take care of these aspects? Just curious!
Old 10th May 2014, 21:55   #4
BHPian

Thanks to the OP aka @mac187. I went to the place and checked today and i really liked their professionalism and detailing to customers. I opted for 'beige color' slink leather for my Safari Storme. They quoted a total price of Rs.22000 and after negotiation finally they reduced the price to Rs.20000.

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a seat cover and stay in and around HSR layout

They told me the finished product will be ready in next 3 days. Will post the pic of their work once they install it.
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Will post the pic of their work once they install it.
Any pics of your Storme's seats?
Old 13th October 2014, 11:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
They quoted a total price of Rs.22000 and after negotiation finally they reduced the price to Rs.20000.

Will post the pic of their work once they install it.
That's a good price. I see a lot of activity at his place every time I pass by the shop. It can only mean he is getting good business. He also does work for other dealers maybe that business is also increasing.

Do share the images of the fit and finish on your Strome.
Old 13th November 2014, 19:52   #7
BHPian

Hi,

Got seat covers installed today, creame in PU, for my elite i20, for 6500

Quality is so good, now people look at the covers more than the car

Highly recommended, will post pics later.

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:56   #8
BHPian

Had imported an Alcantara steering wheel cover for the Vento last week & needed a reliable place to stitch it.

Dropped in unannounced at Trend over the weekend & got it done in a couple of hours.

Here's the result
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-fullsizeoutput_1ec.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-fullsizeoutput_1ee.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-fullsizeoutput_1ed.jpeg  

speed kills is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 12:53   #9
BHPian

Finally got seat cover done for my Verna from Trend. Similar to Imperial Leather, Trend also offer Art Leather, PU, Slink leather and Genuine leather. They have good range of designs and colors available.

As mentioned in Imperial Leather's thread, I wanted a seat cover in beige color with perforation. Imperial said that perforation is available only in genuine leather and mix and match of leather with some other materials is not possible due to color variation.

Trend on the other hand offered perforation on any kind of material. He gets the perforation done from outside and then stitches the seat cover. In my case, I went with slink leather in beige color and gave him design similar to the one provided by Hyundai in original leather seats.

I shall give Trend 3.5-4/5 ratings.

Attaching few snapshot of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20170813_100001-768x1024.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20170813_100019-768x1024.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20170813_100028-1024x768.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20170813_100141-768x1024.jpg  

HalfOctave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 06:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Had imported an Alcantara steering wheel cover for the Vento last week & needed a reliable place to stitch it.

Dropped in unannounced at Trend over the weekend & got it done in a couple of hours.

Here's the result
That steering wheel cover is just wow, good work by Trend as well. Where did you source it from ? do they have it for polo Flat bottom steering wheels ? Price details probably
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 07:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is Slink leather?

Wikipedia says
  • Slink is leather made from the skin of unborn calves. It is particularly soft and is valued for making gloves.
Old 24th August 2017, 13:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
What exactly is Slink leather?

Wikipedia says
  • Slink is leather made from the skin of unborn calves. It is particularly soft and is valued for making gloves.
Sounds cruel. Taking skin of unborn calves for leather fabrics
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
That steering wheel cover is just wow, good work by Trend as well. Where did you source it from ? do they have it for polo Flat bottom steering wheels ? Price details probably
You can find it here -https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hand-stitched-Black-Suede-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-7-Mk7-New-Polo-Jetta/32787043195.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.16.85e7 9f7rqpqQU

Cost is $39. I have ordered from the seller and they are genuine.
Old 27th October 2017, 16:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Finally got seat cover done for my Verna from Trend. Similar to Imperial Leather, Trend also offer Art Leather, PU, Slink leather and Genuine leather. They have good range of designs and colors available.
A small question here.
What's the difference between Art leather and PU? I though earlier, they were the same.

Could you share the cost for your Verna's seats in Slink vs Art leather?
Old 10th January 2018, 02:08   #15
BHPian

Visited Trend on Dec 30th, wanted seat covers and extra cushioning for my Celerio. Paid an advance so that the covers can be stitched and kept ready for fitting.
Wanted work to be completed by Jan 1, since I would be busy with office work during the week. But Jan 1 is supposed to be a holiday right ? But on my sincere request they agreed to do it albeit in the 2nd half.

I am impressed with the neat, thoroughly professional job done, they have quite a few options, designs, and hence a broad price range to choose from. Though it is not in writing, there is a 2 year warranty. (Not much details on this)
I chose the PU Feno material (could not afford original leather) and honestly I don't have much idea on how different this is from artificial leather.
Got two neck pillows made, steering wheel covered and extra cushioning in driver seat.

Some photos of the showroom and workshop below. Photos may not do justice to the real feel of the work. I never knew that they insert Copper wires inside to maintain the shape The guy stitching my neck pillow is the owner, Basavesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1049.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1051.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-passenger-front.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1053.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20180101_161447884.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20180101_163426561.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20180101_164128133.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20180101_181807402.jpg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20180101_181904946.jpg  

gearedup is offline   (5) Thanks