Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 08:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
Some photos of the showroom and workshop below. Photos may not do justice to the real feel of the work. I never knew that they insert Copper wires inside to maintain the shape The guy stitching my neck pillow is the owner, Basavesh.
Hope you got the Team-BHP discount, they reduced flat 1000 for me 3 years back, when I got the covers done for my elite i20.
Old 10th January 2018, 14:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hope you got the Team-BHP discount, they reduced flat 1000 for me 3 years back, when I got the covers done for my elite i20.
Yes, that exact discount continues I am not sure if that would be extended to folks outside team-bhp.

My view is that the rates are very subjective to different designs, material, size of car, additional works etc.....
Disclaimer: I also have a tendency not to bargain with anyone on anything And here too, I just paid what I was asked to. But later I was told about the discount!
gearedup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 01:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
Yes, that exact discount continues I am not sure if that would be extended to folks outside team-bhp.

My view is that the rates are very subjective to different designs, material, size of car, additional works etc.....
Disclaimer: I also have a tendency not to bargain with anyone on anything And here too, I just paid what I was asked to. But later I was told about the discount!
Hi, Did they cut open the stitch of the OEM seats or did they put a needle through the seats? I am little confused and worried if these are the right approaches to getting seat covers done but then most of the folks in Bangalore do it this way or else they say that the fit is not good. What do you suggest, should i opt for slip on covers instead?
Old 20th November 2018, 12:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Hi, Did they cut open the stitch of the OEM seats or did they put a needle through the seats? .............. else they say that the fit is not good. What do you suggest, should i opt for slip on covers instead?
Mine are slip on covers, I am sorry I did not watch very keenly to observe how much of needle were used / original stitches were cut open.
As you said, they took these slip on covers and then did some "tinkering" with the original seats "only for a good fit". I don't think my original seat / seat fabric is damaged much - is that your main concern ?
Old 15th May 2019, 11:41   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

A few months ago, I had check with Trend about getting a leather steering wheel cover for my Honda Jazz. The OEM one was starting to wear out at the main contact areas due to my sometimes sweaty palms.

I have got the interiors of my older car, a Fiat Punto, from Imperial and am very happy with the quality of the work but with the traffic conditions being as they are in Bangalore, I thought I'll check Trend based on the positive feedback on TBHP. The Trend showroom is on 27th main road in HSR layout and the gentleman sitting there was not able to fully confirm if what I wanted was possible. He was not able to fix an appointment time as the actual workspace is not there. So you have to head to the factory / workspace which is in HSR layout itself and is a few minutes away.

However, the gentleman who was responsible for fixing the cover insisted on removing the steering wheel and getting it done. I was hesitant on this due to the airbags (probably at the risk of being paranoid about safety) and was instead asking him to get it done without removing the steering wheel. They didnt want to do it that way and needed more time than they initially committed to do it so I just told them I'll come back some other day.

After checking with a few other TBHPians, I realized that places like Imperial still do steering wheel covers without removing it, the same as they had done for my Fiat Punto. So I will plan to get it done at Imperial some other time when Im visiting Bangalore.
Old 9th August 2019, 14:08   #21
BHPian

I have got art leather seat covers fitted for my Nexon from Trend HSR.
Although I have no qualms about the stitch work they have done, but 2 things are not right and I thought of mentioning them here.

1. They were unable to cover the middle arm rest with the art leather cover stating it will take more time and asked me to come back at a later date. When I went there at a later date, they started with their usual bs that the arm rest cannot be covered and stuff like that. However they said they will try, which has not happened till date after few reminders.

2. Few months after the fitting the seat covers, the front passenger seat develops a noise. Every time the car goes over bump or uneven roads, the noise comes as if 2 metal pieces are grinding against each other. I took the car to the SC and they found out that one of the screws was not fitted properly and thread has been ground to destruction. The only way now is to make the hole bigger, cut a new thread and fit a new nut with bolt.

In conclusion, the quality of work done by Trend has definitely fallen and please check your seats for perfect fitting before leaving the shop.
ayankm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
I took the car to the SC and they found out that one of the screws was not fitted properly and thread has been ground to destruction. The only way now is to make the hole bigger, cut a new thread and fit a new nut with bolt
Though not at trend, have seen this happen in quite a few cars after seat cover installation jobs. The apprentice chaps of these shops who usually fixes back the seat, just torques the bolt without properly threading it in. Some might even remain undiagnosed until much later.

Heartbreaking for a new car owner to get an unwarranted chop and weld job done to the car's floor.

Last edited by crdi : 9th August 2019 at 14:57.
Old 13th August 2019, 02:59   #23
BHPian

Update to my tryst with Trend:

Went back to Trend today for fixing the passenger noise and the misfitted bolt. Mr Basavesh was in the workshop and he promptly deslt with it. All the bolts were opened and checked for thread destruction. Thankfully none of the threads were destroyed.
One thing I realized is that SC guys were just exaggerating the whole episode of bolts getting damaged and then having to drill a new hole and a non standard bolt fitted etc.
Nonetheless, the seat noise is completely gone now.

The arm rest was also wrapped in the seat coloured leatherette promptly.

Thanks to Mr Basavesh for the quick resolution of issues.
My faith in Trend has been restored.
ayankm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:41   #24
BHPian

This was my second visit to Trend & like my first visit, this time too, it was to get a custom steering wheel cover installed.

Let the pics do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4deb331d767744e4b5efa47f3354d67a.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6b8ef9112b7e4b858830f4b4312fed67.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-98dbd71e90dc4d1eb6762b8cec40ec4f.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-c539759fd1d7468a811469c5b239d18c.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-ae0fb3a7c9024c7dac2226734117ddc0.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-be984ecd72204c188cda059e242643fa.jpeg  

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-693e0ac986134f83b27cb3c667889546.jpeg  

speed kills is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 15:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
This was my second visit to Trend & like my first visit, this time too, it was to get a custom steering wheel cover installed.

Let the pics do the talking now.
Interesting wheel cover! Did you source it yourself or did he get it for you?
Also, is that alcantara?
Old 28th November 2019, 20:38   #26
BHPian

Hi D3mon,

I had sourced the cover from AliExpress.

Follow this link for more steering cover options (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/215...369d2c17I7PEJb)

The customisation options with them are incredible. I opted for alcantara & a faux carbonfiber finish.
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 18:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

speed kills, that looks really good. I was trying to get them to do a similar all leather steering wheel cover for my Jazz and they said they wont do it without removing the steering wheel.

It looks like they are now comfortable with doing this stitching work without removing the steering wheel which is a good sign. Hopefully the next time I visit them they are more accommodating than the last time I went there.
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

After getting the re-registration done recently for my baleno, thought of giving it a face-lift and a new look (atleast the interiors ). What other best thing to do than giving it a brand new seat covers. Got it done from Trend.

Material - PU
Black/Silver combination, with thick thread stitching.

The guys are awesome and I am completely satisfied with the service they have provided. It is hard to see these kind of dedication or commitment these days with any kind of service centers around.

What I liked:

Attention:
Mr. Basavesh spent atleast 30-45 minutes explaining through and walking me through the different materials and helping me chose the best material and design. His patience in explaining and knowledge on the matter is really good.

Professional:
They do not take up works beyond their capacity. They just have one or two car at a time. After confirming on the design, he gave a date (which was 2 days later) to come with the car for the work.

Hard-work and dedication:
They got on to the work as soon I dropped in with the car and there was no stopping until it got finished. They even deferred the lunch to finish the work on my car. All the staff they have know their job well. Basavesh and Sanju themselves got into the work. They seem to be passionate about what they do and that really matters a lot.

Good team work:
All the staff were cheerful and showed great will to work. At some point there were at least 5 people working on just my car.

Quality:
Excellent quality and attention to detail. Every inch of the area is perfect.

Value for money:
I had inquired with several other vendors and it is all the same rates or if not higher. The price they charged is reasonable for the amount of effort they have put in and the quality provided.

Some pictures:

Pulling the seats out:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg

The 16 year old sponges beneath gets some fresh air:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg

It already had 3 layers of cover. The stock fabric, and another and another one top of it. Removed all 3 as it was incredibly dusty inside:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg

Materials getting ready:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg

Getting it dressed:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg

Excellent staff. Some 5 of them had worked on my car. Kudos to them . While the work place is a little shabbily arranged, the work that they do is class:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-9.jpg

Getting a wrap for the center arm rest. He did this thing in about just 15 minutes. It came out really well (See the finished photo down below):

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-10.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11.jpg

Here it comes up:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-12.jpg

And here it gets inside:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-13.jpg

A closer look on the arm rest:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-14.jpg

With neck pillows on. You can opt to not have the name written as well. But the logo gives it a racy look:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-15.jpg

The rear:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-16.jpg

With arm rest pulled on:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-17.jpg

Closer look on the stitch. This is a slightly thicker thread they have used. It gives it a sporty look. There are normal thread stitching also. I opted for this thick threading:

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-18.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-19.jpg

Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20.jpg

It totally changed the look of the car interiors. Have a feeling that I should have done this quite earlier.

Hat's off to Trend!

Last edited by balenoed_ : 23rd December 2019 at 12:01.
balenoed_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 01:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Got this steering cover for my Brezza stitched at Trends. They did a neat job at placing the cover neatly. 5 stars for trends.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-58e956fc349b4e6cb1185b351a0a421a.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 09:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Got this steering cover for my Brezza stitched at Trends. They did a neat job at placing the cover neatly. 5 stars for trends.
Nice job Can you provide some more info on the steering cover that you have used? Looks like suede-ish material. Is it sourced from Trend itself, or did you purchase it elsewhere?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th January 2020 at 09:29.

Most Viewed