Team-BHP - Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/160084-interior-exterior-detailing-3m-car-care-basaveshwaranagar-bangalore.html)

Hi Guys,

Posting this experience on behalf of my friend who got his car detailed recently in 3M car care-Basaveshwaranagar(Bangalore):

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-basveswarnagar.jpg

Products Sold:
What I like:
What I don't like:
KHB 2nd stage, Basaveshwaranagar,
Bangalore - 560079

Contact Person - Mr Shankar
Phone No - 09886872162
Toll Free Number - 1800-300-22-300

Working Hours
09:30 AM to 08:00 PM
Sunday to Saturday

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-location3m.png

Our experience:

After quite a lot of deliberation we decided to get my friend's Skoda Fabia detailed, so was in two minds whether to travel all the way to HSR or Marathalli based on our fellow bhpians experience. Other option was to get this done near by home instead of travelling all the way to HSR/Marathalli at some well known car decor shop. But still we were biased towards a 3M car care center and we did a scan through the BHP threads but could not find any posts related to a 3M car care in west part of Bangalore. One fine day when we were going to our friend's place, we came across this 3M car care center near Pavitra paradise(Basaveshwaranagar) and was very happy indeed to find this store. Immediately we walked in and enquired about the services they offer.

My friend finally decided to get his car waxed and get a germ clean done for the interiors and visited this place on a Saturday as early as possible so that the place is not crowded and the car will get a relaxed treatment. But still we could find some cars already in the shop and the work had started on them. Mr.Shankar(Owner) of the store approached along with the workshop adviser and explained us all the different kinds of wash/clean and the packages that were available, also we got a good gesture once they got to know I am a Bhpian. Finally decided to get the paint sealant and germ clean done since the car was 3.5+ years old.

Work started by 9:30AM and was completed by evening 6PM. They have a decent lounge with a TV, books and a list of accessories to shop.

We did have few walks into the working area and the guys were really dedicated in what they did and they did do a good job in the end. There were quite a few cars which came by during the day and the place gets pretty packed.

The work done was good, the car came out as new and was looking brilliant after a long time, it was smelling new:) Overall satisfied with the work done and certainly recommend this place, people who work there are very knowledgeable and answer your queries to the point.

Waxed and Taxed - 4.8K+2K(AC cleaning not included) - 7.8K approx

PS: If you need the vehicle by evening then recommend you to give the vehicle during the early hours of the day.

Some pics:

Before the treatment:

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-dsc_0002.jpg

Work in Progress:

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-dsc_0157.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-dsc_0160.jpg

End Result:

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-dsc_0161.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-dsc_0162.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!

The end result seems to be pretty good. BTW, am I seeing a lady detailer in one of the photos? May be the first lady in this industry, atleast in Bangalore.

Yes indeed it's a fabulous job done by them. But as I said in my post they have inadequate staff and they might tend to lose on some part of the surface due to time constraints. Hopefully they will get more guys onto the store and work in detail on each car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ::CMS:: (Post 3634128)
The end result seems to be pretty good. BTW, am I seeing a lady detailer in one of the photos? May be the first lady in this industry, atleast in Bangalore.

Yeah, she was specifically for interior germ cleaning. Probably if any staff is absent she might end up buffing/washing a carlol:

The guys at Basaveshwar nagar 3M are really good. I have now used their services quite often.
In May last year I got their paint sealant treatment done on my Elantra and it has held up really well.

Shankar and team have a great eye for detail. Aravind the manager personally takes care and supervises the job. Mohan and Krishna there are great detailers.

The place itself is spacious and a lot of parking is available.

Keep up the good professional job boys.

Today did a wash and wax. Let the photos speak. The car is a year and 9 months old.

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423910286.602147.jpgInterior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423910310.379023.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423910336.948118.jpgInterior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423910364.470497.jpg

Had been to the 3M centre at Basaveshwaranagar over the long weekend to get the under chassis anti corrosion treatment + silencer coating done for my new grand i10. Mr. Aravind was very friendly and courteous. Sounded like a no nonsense guy. But, having said that my rating will be 3 on a scale of 5 (5 being highest). Reasons:
1. It took a very looong time to complete this - agreed this was a long weekend and there were a pile of cars, but still. When I left the car at around 1.30 PM, I was told I will get it back around 7, decided to hang around and finally by the time I walked out of the place, it was almost 9.30 PM.
2. The anti-corrosion treatment left a lot of spots on the car (as high as the co-driver's door handle) too. The 3M guys used a paint thinner to wipe (no, scratch) off the anit-corrosion spots on the doors. Which meant that the paint was already damaged due to the chemical. Check the last 2 pics :Frustrati

A few pics attached - do excuse lack of minute details since these were from my mobile.

Disclaimer: I neither work for, nor have commercial interest in 3M and / or their businesses nor in the businesses competing with 3M. This is just my opinion as a mango man.

Visited 3M Basaveshwaranagar yesterday to get the car cleaned and get paint protection & underbody treatment. Had spoken to Arvind on phone and taken an appointment. First impressions was how clean & organized the place looked. Spoke to Mohan and he seemed to know what he was talking about and was pretty comfortable talking about the different steps & walking me through what is being done. Also got a chance to speak to Shankar and understand how the franchise model works and products/solutions that 3M has in India and why they are not bringing in ceramic treatment which would give CQuartz a run for their money.

What I liked:
1. Attention to detail - everyone on the floor knows what to do and how to do it right. Feels good to leave your car with competent folks who know what they are doing
2. Very transparent - everything is explained upfront including the pros and cons of getting something done along with the cost. Hence the right expectations are set upfront
3. Quality of material used - everything is 3M including the wrap that is use to cover the car while doing the under body spray

What I did not like: Need to find something as waiting area also has Wi Fi which works :D

Seriously thinking about the annual treatment package as it seems to be total value for money given the quality of work & materials used. Keep up the good work Shankar, Arvind, Mohan & Team!

Few pics of work in progress and the end result
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-1.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-1.1.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-2.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-3.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-4.jpg

The 3M store in Basveshwarnagar is one of the best store i need to say that and very courteous staff working who are experienced and know what they are doing and selling.

This was long pending for our VW Jetta since we bought the car and we used to visit this store very frequently for other things but we were not able to get the exterior and interior treatment done.

One fine day we booked an appointment with the owner of the store Mr.Shankar who accepted to finish and deliver the car in a days time and he asked us to get the car by 10am, we did drop the car at store at 10am next day and also was surprised by them who went ahead and dropped me off to my place.

We got the delivery of our car by 8PM as promised to us at the time of dropping off and also we got a very good deal for Interior & Exterior AMC.

The details of treatment was told to us briefly and we agreed for the same and The 3M Trizact treatment was done as per the procedure as below -

1. Vaccum/Air blowing interiors, mat cleaning, interior plastics wet wiping.
2. PH balanced foam wash.
3. Claying to deep clean painted surfaces.
4. Gpac for removing gum,SAP and tar marks.
5. Masking glass areas, plastics and beadings.
6. Sanding areas which have light scratches.
7. Running Trizact paint finishing system disc with the help of air driven orbital machine.
8. Application of Perfect it compound with the help of a rotary buffer to remove swirl marks.
9. Machine polishing to enhance gloss.
10. Ultra fine machine polishing of all the painted areas for finishing micro fine imperfections for the deepest gloss.
11. Full coat of Paint sealant which is a polymer coat permanently locking the paint finish for long lasting protection.

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7292.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7293.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7294.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7295.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7296.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing: 3M Car Care (Basaveshwaranagar, Bangalore)-img_7297.jpg

Having brought home a pre-worshipped Polo GT TDi, getting the car detailed at a 3M car care center was high on my to-do list.

So after going through a few threads and talking to my friend; fellow BHPian Added_flavor, I decided to head to the Basaveshwaranagar outlet which also happened to be the closest one to home. Just as I was leaving home, I got a call from Shankar who said he was from 3M car care, Basaveshwaranagar. He enquired if I would be coming over (I'd taken an appointment a couple of days earlier) and I answered that I was on my way there.

Now...

The whole event started off in the worst way possible with a fender-bender involving 'Ze German' and an auto. Left me with my pride and ego hurt and the Polo with a few assorted scratches on her bumper alongwith a helping of green paint from the autorickshaw.

With that outta the way, I was in a fairly foul mood but proceeded to 3M as originally planned. Once there, I met Mr. Arvind who explained the various treatments on offer.
My original plan involved getting both an interior and exterior detailing done alongwith PPF application on the bumper corners. However, with some indecision on whether I wanted to go ahead and get the freshly minted scratches done up, I decided to go with just the interior detailing and a simple wash. I also requested Mr Arvind to do something about the green paint for the time being as a simple wash might not get rid of it; he promised that he would take care of it.

I was informed that the car would be ready by 4PM and with that decided, I proceeded to head to a relatives place in Nagarbhavi with my folks in tow.

Got a call at around 4:30PM that the car was ready and I enquired if the green paint from the auto was no longer visible. I received an answer that some of the paint was visible as a simple wash wouldn't be able to get rid of it.
I then informed the person on the phone that Arvind said that he would do something about the paint by perhaps applying a little polish on the affected area; got a reply that they would look into this.

I then left Nagarbhavi at around 5:30PM and reached 3M at 6.
Ze German was parked right outside...

Took a close look at the front bumper and voila the green paint was gone ! clap:

The interiors that were smeared with kumkum and turmeric (thanks to the over-enthusiastic pandit who did the puja when we brought Ze German home) were sparking clean. Went in and thanked Arvind for getting the autos donated-paint removed and settled the bill.

I came out of the outlet and found a certain gentlemen looking over the Polo in and out. I had spotted him from the billing area and presumed that he must be a fellow enthusiast eye-ing the GT :D

Surprise, surprise !
The gentleman turned out to be the owner of the place - Shankar !
Yes, the very Shankar who had called me in the morning...

Spoke to him at length about the place and learnt a few things about the car-detailing business with 3M. He was in awe of how Team-BHP and the way it has managed to stand up for the 'little guy'.
He wanted me to give him an honest review on Team-BHP, which neatly brings us to this post !

I was quite satisfied with the detailing done and would certainly recommend the place. That said, I do think that there is some room for improvement as there were a few spots which were partially cleaned rather than 'detailed'.

All things considered, I would definitely be heading back there...

Cheers !

Sundar

Had been to this place to get a paint sealant treatement for my car. The job was done good. They took almost 5 hours to complete the treatement. The strange thing what I found is related to the advertisement of their nomad mats. They have taken prints of team bhp review and using them for advertisement. :)