Team-BHP - Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/162174-friendly-neighbourhood-garage-pride-cars-bangalore.html)

Hello,

After a lot of bitter experiences at KHT motors and some milking experience at Vecto, I researched and happened to visit Pride Cars at Banashankari, Bangalore.

Details about the history of issues of Linea T-Jet is mentioned in the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3674079

The classic issue of car pulling to left (some cars pull to right) which none of the dealership were able to fix, was fixed by Mr. Harish of Pride Cars.

Normally, pulling issue subsides after alignment, but after some 100 kms the problem comes back. During prolonged driving, my hands used to get fatigued while trying to keep the steering straight.

It was a clear case of improper PDI where the suspension head nut was not tuned. Both the suspension head nuts need to have a calibrated amount of tension. This was properly adjusted at Pride cars using a pneumatic torque wrench (I don't know if its the right term), in which you can preset the amount of tension. Once done the pulling issue simply disappeared and the car now goes in a straight line like never before. Its like you can measure 90 degrees from steering tip to the road with 100% accuracy :D.

Second issue was a creaky sound I used to get while going over potholes and while turning the car at slightly high speeds. Vecto advised me to replace the suspension for Rs. 18k. At pride cars, it was diagnosed as a deformed engine guard which was getting hit by the turbo while going over uneven roads or due to inertia while turning. Few hammers on the engine guard solved the issue.

Third issue was the rat mesh. KHT had installed the rat mesh like a kid playing with a mosquito net. Mr. Harish removed the entire mesh and reinstalled it again using an aluminum mesh.

Fourth issue was engaging reverse gear during cold start i.e. the lever use to get stuck and sound ghe-ghe. I used to bring it to neutral, do some right and left and then engaging reverse would be intermittent. For some other issue Vecto tried to convince me to replace the clutch assembly and gear cables with a quote of 35k. I asked this with Mr.Harish and he told me that the clutch is absolutely fine and asked me to engage 3rd-4th gear once or twice before engaging reverse. Well, that too solved the long old problem. My bad, I think its a common solution which I was not aware of.

It was my first try at Pride cars, but I am confident especially since there were various other Laura, Puntos and Lineas lined up for maintenance.

All the pictorial details are provided in the thread link above.

Address:
Pride Cars Bangalore
08, 17th Cross, Kr Road, Bananshakari 2nd Stage
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560070

Phone : 080 6595 9837
Harish's Mobile : 9945112233

Its available on Google Maps:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...64d721e5?hl=en

Thanks for the review. I've heard positive words on Pride and Harish on the TFI forums also. My car is 5+ years old now and I really need to find a FNG to keep the maintenance costs down.

I was told to replace the clutch and gear cables for a hard gearshift for 13K at Vecto Hosur road. I don't think it requires a full replacement , probably a bleeding or lubrication should be enough. But they just want to change everything without even diagnosing the problem that really pisses me off !

Do you know if he can procure FIAT spares ?

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I have seen pics you shared in your ownership thread and they look professionally done. Do they take Marutis as well? I have some rattles in my Swift which the Maruti ASS is not ready to do. Always I am getting the response this is common in any car and if we open the panels, rattles will increase. Only a passionate mechanic can find out the actual reason and solve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3675262)
Thanks for the review. I've heard positive words on Pride and Harish on the TFI forums also. My car is 5+ years old now and I really need to find a FNG to keep the maintenance costs down.

I was told to replace the clutch and gear cables for a hard gearshift for 13K at Vecto Hosur road. I don't think it requires a full replacement , probably a bleeding or lubrication should be enough. But they just want to change everything without even diagnosing the problem that really pisses me off !

Do you know if he can procure FIAT spares ?

I had the same question but he said he may be unable to procure parts. He said he can give the list of parts needed after inspection and its up to us how do we procure them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devil_klm (Post 3676286)
Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I have seen pics you shared in your ownership thread and they look professionally done. Do they take Marutis as well? I have some rattles in my Swift which the Maruti ASS is not ready to do. Always I am getting the response this is common in any car and if we open the panels, rattles will increase. Only a passionate mechanic can find out the actual reason and solve.

Its a multi brand workshop, you can pretty much take your car there. When I was there I saw Laura, Lancer, Linea, Punto, Polo, M800, etc.

Bumping up an old thread. Any recent experiences with Pride? Are they still good for FIAT Cars.

My Punto 90hp needs some running repairs. Vecto is recommending a clutch kit replacement since 1st gear is hard to slot. I would like to try an FNG since my car is out of extended warranty now.

Any recent feedback on Pride will be helpful. I have heard that they have some experience with Fiat cars - so they will be my first choice if they are still as good as before.

I visited Pride recently. Changed my tie rods, front shocks and mounts and did the EGR cleaning from Harish. He fixed a couple of electrical problems also - door locking problem and rear wiper not working properly. He did a good job, and is quite committed to fixing whatever problems are reported. I believe he charged some premium for the spare parts.

He does have several Fiat owners who keep visiting him and they're generally happy. He recommends using the Vista clutch on the Punto, it works out cheaper as well.

I also visited Pride cars a couple of days back and got the following works done.

These were the parts which needed changing.
1. Glow plug
2. Front Lower Arms
3. Cabin Air Filter
4. Brake Pads
5. One of the turbo hoses

In addition to these, he also fixed the engine guard which had deformed and was making a lot of noise in bad roads. Also got the EGR cleaned.

Harish was very receptive and worked really well to solve all problems raised.

Looks like I will stick to him for routine repair works.

Got my Punto serviced from Pride. The gears were hard which needed a clutch replacement. The engine was also quite noisy which Harish diagnosed to be the common culprit - the timing chain.
Also got some suspension linkages changed. Harish comes across as a knowledgeable and approachable guy. He kept me updated on the whole procedure and resumed parts and oils where possible, instead of going for expensive replacements. The charges also seem to be lesser than Vecto.

Post service the car is much smoother and the clutch feels lighter.

Overall it was a positive experience and assuming the Car continues to run smoothly, will definitely revisit Pride for my next service.

Any recent experiences with Pride cars? Am planning to take my Punto for some suspension work this week.

Even I am looking for a recent feedback. I am planning to take my car for a suspension noise issue and other small issues tomorrow.
FASS has been unable to resolve suspension issue even after multiple visits in the last 1 year.:Frustrati

I have been using their services for my Punto MJD since last 3-4 years .
Harish is very knowledgeable and know FIATS inside out .
All my post warranty serivicing , clutch/timing chain replacement / alternator issue were fixed at pride cars. i even used their detailing services which was very good.

Harish stocks most of the regular parts and arranges for any others spares as per requirement if you give 1-2 days notice .

highly recommended .

Tried to take my Punto to Pride over the weekend. I discovered that the garage has been moved to over 7kms away from the earlier location. Below is the SMS that I received from Harish regarding the new location:

Quote:

We are happy to inform you that with effect from 11 October 2017,PRIDE CARS has been relocated to new address ,the mobile numbers remain unchanged.

New Location: Nandi Homes, #14/1, SF6, Gubballa, Subramanyapura, Gubbalala, Subramanyapura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062
https://goo.gl/maps/UuQi5NzAUR92

Our new address:-
Plot no 01, Survey no 01/3A,
Gubbalala village,
near "Nandi Homes",
Subramanyapura post, Bengaluru 560061.

We look forward to your continued patronage.
As always, we will strive for providing excellent service in appreciation of your support.

Thank you,
Pride cars
Harish- 9945112233
Sharath- 9845567282
Mohan- 9480620239
Unfortunately, the new location was inconvenient for me - so did not visit the new location.

Looking at this thread, I decided to try Pride cars for an issue with my Punto. Called up Harish and he confirmed that Pride Cars have now moved from the Gubbalala village address to the new address below

Pride Cars
No.175, Dr. Vishnuvardhan Road, Channasandra, RR Nagar,
Bangalore
India
service@pridecars.in
www.pridecars.in
https://goo.gl/maps/d2VnbABMZE92

This was a happy news for me since I stay in RRNagar and they are practically next door by Bangalore standards. So please take note of the new address.

I had an issue of knocking sound when going over potholes and rough roads. This came up last week after my recent drive to Gokarna and after driving in rough roads towards Yana. Took the car to Vecto motors and asked opinion from service advisor. He drove within the lane and asked me how old is the car. I said it is close to completing 9 years now as mine is one of the first few batches in 2009. He indicated that the suspension might have become weak and I might have to go for full replacement. I told I will bring the car later and wanted to take a second opinion from Pride Cars.

Harish seems very knowledgeable with Fiats and after he took a test drive for two minutes, he said that the issue is most likely with the link rod. Took the car up and showed me that the sound is indeed coming from link rod. The screw connecting the link rod was loose and all he had to do was to tighten it. Work was done in 5 minutes and we took a test drive and voila, the sound is gone!!!.

We also saw oil leak from the hose leading to oil sump and saw that the clamp was missing. I have dropped the car now to check properly and also to clean the interiors which was very dirty after our beach trip. Will update once I get the car back in the evening today.

But the way these guys are working at Pride Cars, it was very professional and I dont intend to go to Vecto ever again. Thank you SpeedPujari for putting up the first review on Pride Cars. Love this community just for this very reason

An update after the fix done on my Punto in Pride cars. I had gone for a 800km long drive to Kukke and Dharmasthala last weekend and the knowking sound did not come back. Also, the engine oil leak is gone after the hose pipe is replaced with proper clamp. Pride cars did impress me with their quality of work and quick resolution.

My service is due in August and I plan to give my Punto for service at Pride cars this time.

Got the following done from Harish recently :

Clutch change , regular service ( major service with all fluids change ) and windshield replacement . The windshield had cracked from a stone hit. I had bought Shell Helix ultra 5w-40 from amazon. Everything else was provided by Harish. He had called someone to his garage to get the windshield changed.

There were some minor complaints that he took care of such as the front right door making an unlocking noise twice while opening which was diagnosed to a loose electrical connection. He generally has stock of fast moving parts like clutch and brake pads, but sometimes has to procure them . My wiper wash isn't working and he didn't have stock of the motor.

Overall I've found him to be serious about his work and I've always found him doing an excellent job. . Labor rates are reasonable . My Punto is in it's 9th year and visiting the FIAT ASC doesn't make a lot of sense for me . The new place is a bit far away from my home , but the traffic towards Uttarahalli is sparse , so it takes the same amount of time for a visit.