Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 19:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Would like to update this thread.

As a fellow business owner, I appreciate the feedback given on TBHP but sometimes I enjoy it when I get a call directly from the person who is unhappy.

So, I called up Vinay today and chatted with him for a bit. I did start rambling a bit and I guess he was a bit busy but I really appreciate him listening to me patiently and understanding my issue.

I want to go back there next Wednesday and let me see if my feedback has been taken seriously enough!

I really liked the way Vinay spoke to me and for that alone, this outlet deserves a second chance. He did say that they have enough dry cloths but the boys being boys try to cut corners. I can sympathise with that difficulty.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 22:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

I want to go back there next Wednesday and let me see if my feedback has been taken seriously enough!
if you don't take it to 3M where will you wash it? At home yourself? I'm guessing you have a pressure wash?
Old 27th September 2015, 22:47   #18
BHPian

Hello,

My car is now 10 months old and I was contemplating doing a proper paint sealant treatment. Was considering 3M as well as Pete's car detailing where petes use smartwax and chemical guys products for detailing. I am yet to compare the cost difference. However which one has better and long lasting results? Irrespective of cost difference. If anyone have experienced both kindly comment and advise.
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I took my Duster for a wash on thursday and was DENIED!!
I had visited them 3-4 weeks ago and got the 3M Germi-Cleen done. However, due to excessive rains, the car needed a pressure wash.

Here is how it unfolded--
I called them up and told them I need a foam wash as my car is dirty & they said "yes sir, pls come". Within 10 mins, I was there. Mr Vinay sees my car and says only wash would be too tedious, why dont you get wax polish also done. I said, my car is new and polish doesnt make sense. They said, i am sorry I wont wash. I told him why did you call me then? Their reply was its too tedious and insisted on wash + polish!!!!!

I am done with 3M!!! GOOD RIDDANCE!

I have been a 3M loyal for few years. Duster is my 3rd car and it has 3M mats, under-body & Germi-cleen done - all in last 10 months of its ownership!!

Last edited by Equus : 23rd November 2015 at 10:48.
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Been there last month to get front windshield sun control film and black wrap on my cars roof, need to visit them again to get the side windows done with sun control film.
Hi Ajay, I want to get a sun control film for my front windshield. Can you please help me with what are the various options that they have and what was the cost to do the same.
Old 26th February 2016, 09:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Hi Ajay, I want to get a sun control film for my front windshield. Can you please help me with what are the various options that they have and what was the cost to do the same.
Hi Joel, CR70 is the best 3M film for front screen - helps reduce UV, heat in the day and cuts glare at night. Depending on the car windscreen size, it costs about 6.5 to 8.5K.
anshuman_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 21:03   #22
BHPian

I got Paint Protection Film (PPF) done for my New Endeavour. On the bumpers and the Bonnet.

The total cost was over 50k. The bumpers seem ok. But the Bonnet is a really shoddy job. Wrinkles and Stertch marks all over. Have asked Vinay the owner for a replacement. No firm answer yet but the bumper size and shape is cited as an excuse.

I would personally not recommend any Film job at 3M. Not sure if their applicators are trained well enough to handle these jobs. Also 3M does not seem to have a culture of replacement if a client is not happy. Which is even more preposterous.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 00:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I got Paint Protection Film (PPF) done for my New Endeavour. On the bumpers and the Bonnet.

The total cost was over 50k. The bumpers seem ok. But the Bonnet is a really shoddy job. Wrinkles and Stertch marks all over. Have asked Vinay the owner for a replacement. No firm answer yet but the bumper size and shape is cited as an excuse.

I would personally not recommend any Film job at 3M. Not sure if their applicators are trained well enough to handle these jobs. Also 3M does not seem to have a culture of replacement if a client is not happy. Which is even more preposterous.

If it is possible to wrap Paint Protection Film around the curves of a McLaren 675LT perfectly then a Ford Endeavour can't be all that hard. If it was not something that they were confident working on, then that is something to be mentioned before work starts and payment is collected, not after shoddy work is done.

Last edited by jalajprakash : 13th August 2016 at 00:52.
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 14:02   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

Please do insist and fight for a replacement, call 3M India helpline. I got mine replaced because the fitting was just too shabby. Infact when it went in for replacement, I had already scratched the film but it didn't matter because they anyways had to remove the entire film and fit it in one piece. The fitting now is perfect as 3m sent a technical person from their end to ensure it was done with no imperfections what so ever the second time. See my thread below: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3762072

I just got a new car this week and will be getting the PPF fitted next week. I called the 3m center and they informed me that a new PPF film that is easier to install is expected in the next few days. Think it is called the PPF Pro series. I am waiting for the stock to arrive and get the new one fitted.

Last edited by Sahil : 13th August 2016 at 14:17.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 14:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Please do insist and fight for a replacement, call 3M India helpline. I got mine replaced because the fitting was just too shabby. Infact when it went in for replacement, I had already scratched the film but it didn't matter because they anyways had to remove the entire film and fit it in one piece. The fitting now is perfect as 3m sent a technical person from their end to ensure it was done with no imperfections what so ever the second time. See my thread below: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3762072

I just got a new car this week and will be getting the PPF fitted next week. I called the 3m center and they informed me that a new PPF film that is easier to install is expected in the next few days. Think it is called the PPF Pro series. I am waiting for the stock to arrive and get the new one fitted.
Thanks Sahil for the cue. I just wrote to 3M India Helpline on their website. Will keep you all posted.
Old 25th October 2016, 15:12   #26
VMC
BHPian

Here is my experience with Kishore and Vinay from 3M Koramangala. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Services opted
1) 3M Paint Sealant Essential Treatment
2) PPF - door handles, OVRMs, all 4 door edges, bumper edges, luggaage/boot strip.
3) 3M Nomad Mats

Extremely satisfied with their service and outcome. Well spent 6 hours on a Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_183749532min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_185425629min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_185435411min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_185444930min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_185606628min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_190152886min.jpg  

Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)-img_20161023_190238581min.jpg  

VMC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 22:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Got the interiors cleaned and the silencer coated recently. Kishore is very good to talk to, humble and understands the needs well and was clearly instructing the staff what exactly to do. Happy with the job, facility is spacious with good ambience.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th September 2017 at 22:43.
Old 19th June 2018, 09:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Had visited this branch to get the rodent repellent spray done last week.
The last time I visited was few years ago to get the wrap done on my old for which they did a good job.
Although Kamanahalli and Indiranagar branches were closer to me, decided to visit this one since I remember the work quality was good and they had the spray in stock.

They insisted on getting the full body wash done along with the engine bay and underbody for the spray to be applied. Although body wash was not required, I agreed since the car needed a wash. It was a dry wash which I would have avoided if they had informed me.
I was there for little more than 3 hours which is long for a wash and spray since there was just one other car when I arrived.

Since I wasn't around the car when the spray was being applied, I did not notice if they did a good job applying it, but when the car was removed from the wash area, I noticed overspray on the bottom of the windshield and the panels around the engine bay on the paint. Although invisible, the spray does not come off easily and needs some long scrubbing with the rubbing clay to remove it which I didn't have time for.

When I noticed this, the guys in charge were not around and I had to make one of the guys who was wiping the car to get the spray removed which took few minutes of hard scrubbing to remove just a small patch and I had to leave since I didn't have the time and no one was around to give a feedback.

I remember this branch as one which did quality work and something like forgetting to cover the panels and windshield with paper when spraying was a big miss.

Last edited by tharian : 19th June 2018 at 09:34.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:47   #29
BHPian

I replaced the front windshield of my SX4 as the same damaged due to a stone hit. This meant that I also needed to have sun film reapplied to the new glass.

I had visited the 3M centers in HSR & Sarjapur road earlier and this time took a chance with the Koramangala outlet.

Was quite happy with the way things were done. I was given an appointment for 10:30 and they started on the car by 10:45. Took them about an hour to fix it.

For now all seems good and I am quite happy. I spoke to Vinod who was quite patient and was happy to answer my questions with regards to Wraps, etc.
Old 17th April 2019, 10:26   #30
BHPian

Got PPF done on my new C220d last month. The new set of film applicator guys are just fabulous here. Entire car including Headlamps and Taillamps are done. Even a closer look does not tell that there is PPF over the car. It is a new series called Venture Shield. Supposed to be 3 times stronger than normal PPF and also Self-Healing.

And then the proof of the pudding. Got the front bumper scraped by a Cab. I was dreading the idea of getting a new car painted. Took it to them and when they removed the scraped film, not a single scratch on the car. Phew. Got the PPF reinstalled on the bumper and resolved to drive as far away from Cabs as possible (easier said than done in Bangalore traffic).

Last edited by nareshtrao : 17th April 2019 at 10:52.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed