Team-BHP - At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/165500-your-home-detailing-3m-mobile-car-care-bangalore.html)

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

More Information about this can be found here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ice-india.html

The 3M RMV branch is the only branch in Bangalore currently offering this service. 3M guys had set up a small camp where they got their newly launched 3M at your door service to our place. The Mobile unit is a TATA Xenon which has been fully customized. This carries everything required by the 3M Team - Waxes, Polishes, Vacuum cleaners, Ladders, Printers, Generator and Even a mini tent to cover up the area where they are working.

This is a complete 3M car care shop on the move. For people who don't have the time or don't want to go their store - The store comes to you.

At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-1.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-2a.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-wwexz.jpg

The Generator unit used is a silent type. Makes almost no noise at all.
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-2.jpg

Once these guys reach your spot, give them 10-15 minutes to set up their tent and power up their generator.

At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-sax2.jpg

Worried about the work area getting dirty at your place, you have to clean up the mess left behind?
– Sit back and relax, they cover the work area with a large Plastic sheet keeping your area clean as it was.

At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-w42134.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-7hs.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-ggg.jpg

Your car is parked inside and the pampering starts!
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-23111.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-223.jpg

Attention to detail in everything these guys do. Notice the tent pillars are covered with some padding so that the doors don’t get damaged.
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-little.jpg

Heavy Duty Spot lights are used to keep the area well lit. (They bring this along with them)
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-99.jpg
At-your-home detailing : 3M Mobile Car Care (Bangalore)-777.jpg

My cars are regulars at this branch. No one else pampers them like these guys do.
No matter how small or ridiculous the job these guys are willing to entertain. :uncontrol

No more going to the store, Now I can call them home and get things done.

Services Offered by the mobile 3M Team-
Everything done at the store! (Except – Under-body coating & Sun control film installation)

All they need a little bit of space to set up camp.

Great service! As always Amit and his crew delivered more than what was promised.

What I Like -
They come to you
Fast, Efficient, Clean
Bring their own equipment
No Power/water required. (Self Sufficient unit)
Water-less wash
Accepts card payments

Dislikes -
Difficult to get a booking slot -
Only 1 mobile unit for the whole of Bangalore

Contact Information
Mr Amit
Ph- 9845273525
Or

Disclaimer. -
I am not associated with 3M in anyway.

Some more Pictures -

Thanks mate for this really great info!

Can you share more info on the pricing? I'm sure they charge additional for this mobile service.

Also, the space required for them to setup their tent looks to be on a slightly higher side - might not be very easy for folks living in tightly packed apartment buildings.

Love the idea that they use a plastic cover on the floor to swiftly remove all waste/dirt generated - I availed a similar service recently from Eco Car care and the main concern of the society folks was the cleaning of the area afterwards - even though in that case also, hardly any waste was generated as they also used a steam cleaner and a portable generator to power it.

Overall a great initiative though. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 3741837)
Thanks mate for this really great info!

Can you share more info on the pricing? I'm sure they charge additional for this mobile service.

Also, the space required for them to setup their tent looks to be on a slightly higher side - might not be very easy for folks living in tightly packed apartment buildings.

Love the idea that they use a plastic cover on the floor to swiftly remove all waste/dirt generated - I availed a similar service recently from Eco Car care and the main concern of the society folks was the cleaning of the area afterwards - even though in that case also, hardly any waste was generated as they also used a steam cleaner and a portable generator to power it.

Overall a great initiative though. :thumbs up

Parth46

Price is the same as the store! No premium charged for this service as of now.

The Space required is quite less, The tent can be adjusted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 3741837)

They save big time on real estate costs (of commercial premises). Even if this picks up in popularity, the prices MUST remain the same. 3M's pricing is already on the premium side.

Thanks for the review, Captain Slow :thumbs up. They can count me in as a customer if & when they start this service in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3743266)
They save big time on real estate costs (of commercial premises). Even if this picks up in popularity, the prices MUST remain the same. 3M's pricing is already on the premium side.

I agree - I meant that even though the charge for the services might be the same, there might be a slight "extra" home-visit kind of fee that many of these mobile vans charge. It's quite nominal though, and definitely a great option for those not having the time to drive down to the outlet directly.

Eg: Eco Car Care Asia charges 250 for the mobile van charges, even though the overall package price is the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3743266)

Excellent point. Almost all the detailers follow the same model i.e. at your house as they don't have a place of their own. Reason is as you said the exorbitant rent these guys need to pay for a place.

The detailers which come home are mostly cheaper than 3M or they have better services than 3M justifying the high prices.

3M must actually be saving a bomb with the mobile service. Water wash is not there so they follow the waterless system as well as no rent and lesser staff vs a full fledged store.

Only thing I can think of is that number of cars is lesser per day than what they can do in a store.

Here is a nice video explaining the concept in full detail-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1qLaoKmbPI

To me, this concept will be a hit if introduced in small towns where businessmen are hesitant to invest a large sum for setting up the store, etc. This mobile unit seems a far better proposition with minimal investment and maximum returns, as prices are the same as a regular 3M store.

Regards