Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 09:22   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)

Services offered: End to End Service for All Vehicles and car cleaning/washing/interior cleaning

This is a not so popular and a low profile garage that I found out through my friend. The owner has been in this field from more than 25 years and is a passionate engineer who is into this field out of his own interest. There are pretty experienced staff and this place is not a crowded garage.

What I like:
  • Honest people. This is one place I encountered which does not force you to use synthetic oil, oil additives, etc etc and they clearly tell, unless your usage is more, its not worth.
  • They know the job well. Work on all cars from Skodas to Mahindra and Maruti
  • Interact well with the customer without a 'we know our job' attitude
  • They have the required tools and all the basic stuff needed
  • They are frank enough to stop you even if you suggest something unnecessary
  • Can source parts, and undertake outsourcing jobs like machining, etc
What I don't like:
  • Card swipe not always available but the mechanics will offer totake you to the nearest ATM on their scooter
  • Location is a little difficult to access and hence is the less popularity. Unfamiliar to most people.
  • Not working on sundays
Pricing: Reasonable. Coming from MASS, I find the labour rates to be the same, but compared to MASS they dont rip you off with additional stuff hence, overall bill is less. Compared to another FNG I used to visit, its the same though. For example I paid 250 for cleaning the brakes of my WagonR and resetting the caliper. MASS would charge 250 for greasing the caliper alone and 400 for brake cleaning.

Speciality / USP: Well the Owner is a FIAT fan himself, and owns a Linea and a Palio MJD. So I guess Fiat owners may get some added attention

What I have Done so far : Detailed servicing for my SX4 - Ran like a dream later and small time repairs for WagonR like brake cleaning, Interior cleaning for SX4 - A good job done that too on a saturday for 1200.

Contact Information:
Name of the contact person: Mr. Shamsunder
Contact number: 080 2242 5154
Addresss:
5th Main, Near T.R. Mills Private Limited Compound, 8th Main Rd, Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560018

Landmark :- Here is the google maps screenshot:
https://goo.gl/maps/aBaCDxmqDCz

Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)-capture.jpg

If one is familiar with TR Mills then if we just follow the compound from mysore road side, we will find it attached to the compound itself after the Bus parking area and VRL godown.

Last edited by audioholic : 29th May 2016 at 09:28.
audioholic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 15:09   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)

Thanks for sharing the information.
Finding a honest and reasonable garage is getting very difficult these days so this will help others.
Any idea about dent/scratch removal and painting related repairs ? Do they have a good paint shop ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What I don't like:
  • Card swipe not always available but the mechanics will offer totake you to the nearest ATM on their scooter
  • Location is a little difficult to access and hence is the less popularity. Unfamiliar to most people.
  • Not working on sundays
If they do a good job and are honest, these are non-issues really and can be ignored, the job we get done and price we pay are worth the trouble!
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 15:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for sharing the information.
Finding a honest and reasonable garage is getting very difficult these days so this will help others.
Any idea about dent/scratch removal and painting related repairs ? Do they have a good paint shop ?
No problem! Yes they do carry out painting in house but I havent personally experienced it nor have seen some of their work. That said, I am planning to get the bumper of my SX4 repainted since it has accumulated some scratches due to traffic abuse. I will report if I get the job done. They quoted 2500 as painting charges for the bumper which I felt was good enough to give a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If they do a good job and are honest, these are non-issues really and can be ignored, the job we get done and price we pay are worth the trouble!
Yes, actually not an issue for me. But generally people might feel so. There is a reason I go all the way to this place though it is a good 6km from my house and I have more than half a dozen MASS closer than that.

And BTW, this place is affiliated to Mobil1 Car Care.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 11:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)

Audioholic, based on your review went to this service center yesterday for my car service. Thanks for suggesting this place.

My review about this place :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3990130
Old 27th September 2020, 11:59   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

My Celerio was brushed by a truck while dad was waiting at a signal and due to the sharp edges of the truck, it ripped off the bumper and rear quarter panel and made a scratch on the door. My last experience with the dealer Garuda was not good since they messed up the paint shade matching. Hence this time I decided to get it done at Auto Kraft since the owner gave me assurance of a perfect paint match and also had cashless insurance with my Insurer Oriental Ins. The bumper was replaced and then rest of the panels tinkered and painted. Here are the before and after pics:
Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200911-16.27.06.jpeg

Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200926-13.16.20-1.jpeg

Repairs, Bodywork and Servicing - Autokraft (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200926-13.16.20.jpeg

Happy with the colour match since its 100%. The paint finish is not completely flat since they dont have a full paint booth but only a dedicated area for painting which is covered. But this can be sorted out in the longrun with some polishing.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 16:53   #6
BHPian

What's the total cost of the repair? Esp interested about the panel tinkering and colouring?
Old 14th October 2020, 01:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
What's the total cost of the repair? Esp interested about the panel tinkering and colouring?
Tinkering and painting together came to around 4k per panel for the two doors and slightly less for the boot door while the bumper paint only was 2500 odd. Since the insurance was supposed to pay for most of the work, it was the rates set by the company. I had to pay for the mirror covers painted to metallic black which was 1500 including a new pair of covers(demanded by me), a new set of side beadings painted to body colour(3k together), front driver side door which was not a part of this damage(4k), new emblems which was as per cost.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed