Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 23:13   #1
BHPian

Rent riding gear & touring accessories - Gear N Ride, Bangalore

Last week me & my wife decided to do a overnight trip to Sakleshpur. While I have riding gear like helmet, gloves, jacket and pants, my wife only has a helmet for her daily commute on her Jupiter.
I rarely take her pillion and was worried about lack of safety gear.
So I started searching and stumbled upon a start-up named GearNRide online. It promised quality rental gear like safety gear, rain wear and luggage etc at affordable prices. I got in touch and discussed the available options. The rental prices were all on 24 hour basis.

We went to their Store in HSR layout and picked up an Aspida ladies riding jacket (₹350) , alpine star knee guards (₹199) & Cramster full gauntlet gloves (₹149). The rental including deposit worked out to ₹3835/- for 2.5 days. They also need your local address proof copy and NEFT details which I whatsapped. The entire process took about 10 minutes.
The gear was in excellent condition and the jacket was extremely clean.
We returned the gear at the store after our trip & the return process took about 5 minutes. The rental was deducted and I got ₹2200 back in my bank account via Online transfer in 2 days.

I think it is a good & convenient option for people who want to rent gear on temporary basis. For improvement, I would suggest them to have combo packages on gear at special prices & secondly the refund should be processed swiftly without need to reminder.

As a courtesy to fellow riders , I am posting their website link and store location. I am not affiliated to them in any way.
http://gearnride.in
Gear n Ride
#151/20, H N Towers, 5th main, HSR layout, 7th Sector, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
088849 66269
https://goo.gl/maps/jbdepwve6s42
shaikhmimran is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 10:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rent riding gear & touring accessories - Gear N Ride, Bangalore

Many thanks for sharing! Since this is a recommendation, I'm moving your thread to the Team-BHP Directory .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 18:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the info. Recently I had been to wicked rides with the intention of buying a pair of gloves for myself. The store executive told me that they do not sell gear anymore. Instead they rent it out. INR 500 for the jacket and INR 200 for pair of gloves. Nice to know that there are options.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 20:31   #4
BHPian

Thanks for sharing Imran. By the way did you notice any one-piece leather suit they have available for rent. I am on the look out to buy one and feel testing it out for a day will be very helpful to make the decision.
Old 9th October 2016, 13:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Thanks for sharing the info. Recently I had been to wicked rides with the intention of buying a pair of gloves for myself. The store executive told me that they do not sell gear anymore. Instead they rent it out. INR 500 for the jacket and INR 200 for pair of gloves. Nice to know that there are options.

Yes, I have seen the Wicked Ride rental gear & I would not go for it for two reasons:
- the gear is not clean, limited options and pricey.
- i have had a bad experience with them in bike rentals.
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
By the way did you notice any one-piece leather suit they have available for rent. p

Yes Mashblue. They do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks