Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 15:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I gave my Fiat Punto for service through Wheels Wisdom this week.
Overall a good experience this time as well!!
Jayant, which workshop did they get your Punto serviced at?
I'm always on the lookout for a capable Fiat workshop and might even try this service.

Last edited by theredliner : 20th March 2019 at 15:32.
Old 20th March 2019, 15:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Jayant, which workshop did they get your Punto serviced at?
I'm always on the lookout for a capable Fiat workshop and might even try this service.
For the last two service it was serviced at Nithiya Motors, Hosa Road. Though I haven't directly interacted with them. See gmaps link below:

https://goo.gl/maps/vgEYjdrzQP32

Not many reviews online.

Last edited by jayantvs : 20th March 2019 at 15:55.
jayantvs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 11:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Had another good experience with Wheels Wisdom. Had an issue with the AC and since I had a long drive coming up in the next week, turned to Wheels Wisdom to get the work done. Unfortunately they did not have an open appointment until the day before my trip which would have been too late. I dropped them an email and they promptly responded. After a few conversations, they were able to arrange for a pickup the day I wanted.

Rest of the follow up was as I had experienced before. Details on the work done documented in this post

On the down side, the one time charges per visit from WheelsWisdom is now Rs 2500 + GST which I felt is quite steep now. For a large extensive service, it may be worth it, but I think they should have a seperate slab for smaller repairs and related items. Have shared this feedback back to them.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:33   #19
BHPian

While reading the reviews, I made my mind to avail their service. But alas, WW is not operational in Delhi. Is there any company with similar business model in Delhi NCR?
MBond007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 17:03   #20
BHPian

I've just done the 5th year service of my Vento TDI DSG (aka The Roadrunner (VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner)). Here's my review of the service experience.

Summary: Wheels Wisdom did an excellent job overall and I would rate them 5/5 for their work ethics, commitment to the customer, Integrity & transparency along with potential cost savings.

The details of the entire experience is given below.

How did I know WW: During a recent networking event in our company, we were discussing various online/doorstep car service providers and somehow WW stood out from the rest. Obviously the next step is to search for the same here in team-bhp, being my go to place for everything car for years! Alas, here's the thread that was started by someone who I trust a lot - thanks Rajeevraj. Decision was made with no afterthoughts.

Booking the Appointment: Created an account via their website.

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-reg.jpg

Scheduled the appointment for a future date and received the following confirmation with my choice and items required attention apart from the regular service.

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-appt.jpg
Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-appt2.jpg

On the eve of the scheduled pick-up date, I received an email about the upcoming confirming the same with contact details.

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-pickupeve.jpg

The assigned Tech advisor was Mr. Syed Ahmed.

Pick-Up Process: Got a call from the TA early morning to confirm that he'll be at my place by 8:00. I was ready with the car after removing the personal belongings from inside and the junk from the boot. The TA reached my place by 8:30am owing to some unexpected roadwork happeing on his way. He got to work immediately preparing the pickup document an taking snaps of the car from every angle inside and out. The car was driven to the assigned multi-brand service center(Pragathi Motors - Bosch) about 2-3 KMs from my home and was checked in by 9:20 as confirmed by WhatsApp message and email from WW.

Additional Work: The following additional work were done after taking my approval by email/call. All of those were expected and required.

Coolant: The coolant was going below the low level in about 4 months and I had filled with purified/distilled water. Had asked to check for any leaks and completely refill the same. No leaks could be found and this will remain a mystery if it goes below the level in another few months.

Fog Lamp: The glass had a crack and the bulb not working. VW service center had asked me to replace both fog lamps as they come in pairs. I wasn't convinced then and had postponed the replacement. WW helped to replace the bulb and it is all good now.

Wipers: The rubber had become dry and was making noise. I had missed mentioning it, but WW suggested the replacement.

Brake Pads: I was sure they needed replacement. Both the Bosch branded one and the TVS OEM ones aren't good enough - but agreed to replace with OEM since that seem to last longer.

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-addl.jpg

Problems with the Brake: For a few days I had been suspecting that the brakes were not working properly. I didn't connect that to the ABS though. I had mentioned to replace the brake lamp and the boot lamp. The TA indicated that the boot lamp was fixed (not replaced) and I didn't see any charges against it. But for the brake lamp, he was at a loss to explain why it wasn't working even though it was not damaged. Pragathi motors couldn't identify the root cause.

Appointment with PPS Motors: I was informed that the car need to be taken to VW service center to replace the broken front bumper tray. It was broken after taking a severe hit while crashing into a water filled pothole next to a speed breaker during the Bangalore rains. The part was available only at the Nagavara service center that's about 20KMs from Pragathi. TA also mentioned that he'll diagnose the issue with the brake lamp while there.

Diagnosis and Resolution to the Brake (Lamp) problems: Initially the VW guys couldn't figure out the issue with the brake lamp. Later they were able to track down the error code in the ABS module which caused the ABS to stop functioning along with the brake lamps(there was no warning light however). By evening I was losing hope about finding out what caused the module to stop functioning and mentioned the same to the WW TA. He assured me that he's working with the VW people to find the root cause. They spent considerable time and had to manually follow the wiring to find a short circuit in one of the brake lamps that caused the entire module to get disabled. It was a good result in the end since nothing major was damaged.

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-addl2.jpg

The bulb holder and wiring kit was not in stock. Therefore it was ordered to be replaced sometime later once it arrives.

Fuel filer was replaced as suggested by WW(trusted WW on this)

The other service center charge is for the bumper tray.

Car was delivered on the next day afternoon after pick-up once the VW showroom guys fixed the bumper tray. The ordered part arrived as promised and was subsequently replaced. No additional charges from WW for this follow-up appointment. Only the labour charges were paid after the final delivery(I guess that should be the difference from advance paid).

Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-addl3.jpg

What was missed( or not completely resolved ): Replacing the bumper tray and tightening the fender had reduced the rattling that I reported. I was told that whatever remains may need dismantling of panel next to the steering wheel. As it turned out that wasn't the case. The rattling was coming from a lost/loose screw that holds the plastic cladding/cover inside the wheel well. I have temporarily solved it - but ultimately the wheel need to be removed to fix the same.

Other Notes:
  • Snaps were shared for every part that was changed
  • Original receipts from VW service center were given to me.
  • The complimentary car wash and clean was done very well.

Total charges: 7670 (Service with oil change) + 9193 (Addl work) + 455 (Addl work - VW labour for brake lamp) = 17,318 INR

I'm happy with the service and would definitely use services from Wheels Wisdom.

Disclaimer: I've no affiliation with the service provider or anyone from WW. Posted above is my personal experience for which I hold the originals of all proofs given above.

Last edited by rejeen : 5th January 2020 at 17:10.
rejeen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 19:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

The team at Wheels Wisdom has started a new service for maintenance of vehicles at an authorised ASC. They claim to provide the same level and quality of service as Wheels Wisdom, and are referring to the clients of Wheels Wisdom as evidence of their history of good service.

It is called Slash (or Slash Karo?):

https://www.slashkaro.com/

Has any BHPian utilised their services? I was considering this because of the current scenario and their promise of being with the car throughout (as I am unable to do so) and sharing photos, verifying parts & oil change, and then the post service follow up.

The inclusions in the 6000Rs annual membership fee (for my car) is available on their website, and I wanted to check if the service is up to their claims before proceeding. I'm not that concerned about the membership fee, more the convenience and other benefits.

Thanks!
Old 10th June 2020, 15:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The team at Wheels Wisdom has started a new service for maintenance of vehicles at an authorised ASC. They claim to provide the same level and quality of service as Wheels Wisdom, and are referring to the clients of Wheels Wisdom as evidence of their history of good service.

It is called Slash (or Slash Karo?):

https://www.slashkaro.com/

Has any BHPian utilised their services? I was considering this because of the current scenario and their promise of being with the car throughout (as I am unable to do so) and sharing photos, verifying parts & oil change, and then the post service follow up.

The inclusions in the 6000Rs annual membership fee (for my car) is available on their website, and I wanted to check if the service is up to their claims before proceeding. I'm not that concerned about the membership fee, more the convenience and other benefits.

Thanks!
I have used Wheelswisdom service at ASC for 3 of my cars - Ford and Fiat. Back then, it was not a different brand - Wheelswidom used to do both ASC and multi-brand service under the same brand name. From what I understand now, they have moved the ASC part under the Slash brand name, and kept the multi-brand service under Wheelswisdom brand name.

I had spoken to their team to understand the Slash model, and I am told that there is no difference in the team or the approach. Its just a different brand name that the same team operates and manages.

I am a big fan of Wheelswisdom for the way they treat customers and the cars, and I assume (and do hope) that they continue the same way irrespective of the name the brand is called. Personally if you ask me, I would use Slash any day if I were to do service at ASC.

Hope that helps

Last edited by singleton : 10th June 2020 at 15:17.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 15:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The inclusions in the 6000Rs annual membership fee (for my car) is available on their website, and I wanted to check if the service is up to their claims before proceeding. I'm not that concerned about the membership fee, more the convenience and other benefits. Thanks!
Even I am looking for assurance from TBHPians before jumping to buy. Although there has been good reviews in the thread itself, would like to understand would the service be different in multibrand garages vs authorized service centre - cost wise, quality wise etc

Is it worth for a 7 yr old Punto considering Fiat's diminishing service network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
I have used Wheelswisdom service at ASC for 3 of my cars - Ford and Fiat.
I am a big fan of Wheelswisdom for the way they treat customers and the cars, and I assume (and do hope) that they continue the same way irrespective of the name the brand is called. Personally if you ask me, I would use Slash any day if I were to do service at ASC. Hope that helps
That's reassuring. I still dont understand why such a hefty annual membership fees. In any case the service cost will still be borne by the customer.

Last edited by ajmat : 10th June 2020 at 22:57.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 16:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
That's reassuring. I still dont understand why such a hefty annual membership fees. In any case the service cost will still be borne by the customer.
Can't really comment on the price.

My view is that this works best for people with limited time & knowledge to get things done during their car service. And people who feel that they are being taken for a ride by the Service centre.

I had clearly seen the difference in my bills with my Linea TJet servicing (bills used to run to 25K plus), and every time after service, I used to end up feeling that a lot of that cost is just being pushed down unnecessarily by the service advisor; but I also never had the courage to turn down anything when the service centre guy said it is needed, just because I didn't want to end up with a bad experience of getting stranded on a highway, or get a higher repair bill later.

So for me, it worked very well when I was able to trust the WW guy who would take my car and talk to me in a language that I can understand and very clearly tell me what the service centre is saying, what WW team recommends and why that is so. Plus the feeling that there is nothing going wrong in the car while it was being serviced because the WW guy is there with the car.
singleton is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 17:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Info I got was also that it was the same team as Wheels-Wisdom- No idea why they would want to have a sub brand for this. I used to use Wheels Wisdom regularly until they stopped the option of Authorized service centers. Since my car was in warranty, did not want to go outside the Authorized Service Centers and hence stopped using them. With this option restarting, I will probably look at them during the next service. Although ironically, my car will finish all the warranty available by end of year.

The fact that they pickup and drop from home, have reasonably knowledgeable service advisors, been with the car all the time and keep giving you a running commentary on WhatsApp/Phone and also help avoid unnecessary things being pushed on to you are the major advantages. On the downside, the subscription has become expensive, will be worth if if the car needs to visit the service center 3 times in the year- 2 regular services + 1 unplanned visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Even I am looking for assurance from TBHPians before jumping to buy. Although there has been good reviews in the thread itself, would like to understand would the service be different in multibrand garages vs authorized service centre - cost wise, quality wise etc

Is it worth for a 7 yr old Punto considering Fiat's diminishing service network.
Worth trying for an older car and you have no compulsion of going to an authorized center. I assume they would have a better tie up with Independent service centers and hence can enable better service at a lower cost.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 13:38   #26
BHPian

Got an email from Wheels Wisdom today about their "Validator" service which is trying to provide a pan-India virtual option for those not in Bengaluru. They say:

Quote:
Validator is our online advisory service, where we validate the service / repair estimation given by service centers to customers. We check whether the given repair is necessary, a smaller child part can do the job instead of replacing the whole assembly, and also the price quoted. Armed with our advice, our customers can smartly Approve / Disapprove jobs requested by the service center, saving huge amounts of money!
Need to see how it performs in real life scenario. I'm personally going to be unable to leverage/comment as just upgraded my ride and have it in warranty/free service mode for some time.

More details here: https://www.wheelswisdom.com/how-does-validator-work/
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 20:03   #27
BHPian

I had been planning to give my Cruze for service through WheelsWisdom for the past few years, but somehow couldn't justify the fees they charge and also me being inclined to DIY, I preferred being with the vehicle while the work is being done. But now thanks to COVID situation, I didn't really wanted to be in the service station and suddenly found value in the service provided by WheelsWisdom. And the entire experience was excellent. Now I regret that I didn't use their service much earlier. I could have avoided some of the headaches and even the rip-off from a garage in Hennur, Bangalore (detailed here (Multi-Brand Workshop : Miles Automotive Solutions (Hennur road, Bangalore)))

My car needed the yearly service with oil and filter change. WheelsWisdom had an all-inclusive service package for 8100 + GST (Includes 1100 for Wheel balancing and Allignment). Also my front struts were leaking and needed replacement. Booking the service was simple. On June 30th I booked and scheduled the pickup for July 2nd; Made credit card payment for Rs 9558, Received confirmation through email and SMS. Received a call next day from Tech Advisor, who asked me about the existing issues with the car and confirmed the pickup for 8:00AM next day.

Overall experience with the SA from the day of pick up to the delivery was outstanding. The eagerness to help was visible throughout the interaction.

The things I liked:
  • The SA Mr Hithesh along with Marketing Manager Mr Madhu reached 15 Mins ahead of time, 7:44AM to be exact. I was expecting them to be early based on previous reviews/feedbacks and a big thumps-up for them for trying to bring in a culture which we never see in this sector. They were out with the car within 15 mins.
Name:  20200715 27.png
Views: 2198
Size:  36.2 KB
  • The SA didn’t jump into any conclusion to suggest any repair or replacements, He just plainly listened and noted down the issues with the car. Mr Madhu was also noting down few things.
  • The work status was updated through Whatsapp at every stage; Before start of each work, Photographs of old and new parts, pictures of completed work, Videos of oil change, non-working parts. He called my cell only for additional work/parts replacement. Otherwise they ensured that I was not unnecessarily disturbed while at the same time ensuring to keep me informed on the progress through Whatsapp.
Name:  20200715 28.png
Views: 2175
Size:  208.1 KB Name:  20200715 29.png
Views: 2239
Size:  235.1 KB
  • They managed to get GM Original OEM Struts for an extremely reasonable price. Sincere efforts were made to fix every issue I had mentioned. No pressurizing to replace parts that showed signs of weakness and was even eager to try a repair before replacement.
  • They skipped Wheel Balancing since the alloy had bends and they were of the opinion that balancing would not help. They even refunded the amount collected for Wheel Balancing. Even though they do not officially encourage fixing alloy bends, they did provide me pointers to the machine shop which can fix these.
  • The car was delivered to me on July 4, with an additional bill of Rs 12449 for the cost of shocks, labour for Replacement and Alternator removal/refit. Total bill including General Service came to Rs 22000. I had budgeted 20K only for the strut replacement and it was a pleasant surprise to get even the Oil change and general service for the same cost.

The Outstanding:
  • Hithesh did a touch-up of some scratches on my right door free of cost. He asked my permission before doing the touch-up.
  • I had also asked him if he could bring some old wiper blades for a DIY project I was working on. The wipers were securely packed and kept in the boot at the time of delivery. The packing part was something I did not expect and showed the kind of effort they put in even for the smallest tasks.
  • At the time of delivery, They presented me a potted flower plant and took photographs.
Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)-whhelswisdomplant.jpeg
  • The final bill is sent you by email along with an Online payment link. There is no pressurizing for immediate payment and you can pay at your convenience using credit cards. No additional service charge for credit card payments. My car was delivered at 2PM and I made the payment later in the evening around 5PM.

Areas to improve:
  • The car wash left a thin layer of oil all over the body as if it was wiped dry with a dirty cloth. Not a big deal since I was able to wipe it down with a spray of APC. When I gave this feedback the next day, they were ready to come and get the car washed.
  • Their pricing keeps changing frequently. When I first checked 3-4 years ago, they were charging Rs3000 for subscription. After an year, they no longer had subscription for Chevy and had a flat fee of Rs2500 per visit. That’s when I gave-up the idea of using their service. Now they are charging 1500 per visit for 3rd party garages and Rs6000 yearly subscription for Authorized centers. My neighbors want to try out the service, but the 6K subscription is a hefty price for new cars that need service only once an year.

Verdict:

These guys are serious about customer satisfaction. In fact, they try really hard to ensure that the customer is not just satisfied, but feels delighted. I will definitely be using their service for my future service requirements as long as they keep this level of service.
Holyghost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:06   #28
BHPian

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is safe and sound

Of late team bhp has become like a genie who is able to read the minds. I was thinking about car service and noticed the service car option on the main page clicked on it and it took me to the wheels wisdom website.
Before registering the vehicle for service wanted to check some review of wheels wisdom.com. Although was happy about their levels of service and customer centricity in the city of Bangalore. Did not see many posts related to their services in Hyderabad.
Therefore I would like to know from experts if anyone from Hyderabad has had the opportunity or getting their car serviced through these service providers, If yes How was the experience?

My Car is a 2012 model alto with 42780kms on the odo. I am looking at the 40000 service. Also need help with diagnosing the suspension noises. Of course I get the engine oil changed at every 7500-8000kms although the service manual says 10000. the last oil change was at 39100kms.

Request assistance regarding the same please.
Thanks and regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:08   #29
BHPian

Dear Admin

Due to network issues my earlier post got posted again . request you to delete the post number #29 as back to back posts are not permissible within the rules.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Sushil Narayanan

Last edited by sushil_n79 : 3rd August 2021 at 15:15. Reason: Duplicate post changed to request to admin
Old 5th August 2021, 15:04   #30
BHPian

My experience with WheelsWisdom in the last 2 months

Buying the Jetta

I have used Wheelswisdom a few times over the last few years and have always been a big fan of how they take care of the cars and treat customers. So this year when I was looking at a used Jetta, I got them involved for the inspection service they provide.

As usual, the booking process, post-booking confirmation and everything around it was super smooth. Vipin and one more person arrived at the Seller's place the day I opted for the service, and the next 3 hours were well spent checking the car in and out thoroughly by the team. Got the report and a detailed explanation within a few hours. I was very happy with the results since they identified even minor issues which I did not see earlier - A broken seat belt holder, one brake light not working and the rear window glass changed. The seller was even more surprised (this was way too professional according to him) and I didn't even have to give an advance as he realized I was very serious about the purchase after seeing such a detailed inspection being carried out

Finalized the offer based on the work needed, and got the car home in 2 days post this. Vipin did a fab job throughout to help with all my queries and doubts.

Servicing the Jetta - Part 1

The previous owner had got the car serviced at Volkswagen ASC 2 months back, but anyway I decided to get it checked and serviced for peace of mind. Wheelswisdom recommended their 6 month service package and I decided to go with it.

Syed from Wheelswisdom landed up at my place on the date and time of booking. I had asked them to get the tail lamp issue and broken seat belt holder resolved along with the general checkup and service. Also since the car had done 60K kms, asked WW to check if water pump replacement and ATF change can be done based on all the reviews I saw on Tbhp.

WheelsWisdom communication was great as usual, always updated with photos and videos of the work. Syed got the water pump inspected and gave me feedback that they don't see any issues and replacement need not be done.

Brake light issue couldn't be solved as both the garage and the VW service centre mentioned that certain Jetta models had only 1 Brake light. Syed got the garage to change the bulbs, but it was still not working.

Broken seat belt holder part wasn't available.

Got the car back, took a test drive and it was all good.

Servicing the Jetta - Part 2

The brake light issue was bothering me and I posted an image of my car that same day with this issue on Tbhp Jetta thread, and a few members responded saying none of their Jettas had this.

I gave this feedback to WheelsWisdom during their usual feedback call, and this got escalated pretty quickly. Madhu who manages the team went through the Teambhp thread, called and apologized, and asked for one more appointment. This time they took the car to a different Volkswagen service centre, spent more than a day with the technicians there opening all the wirings, and finally identified that this issue was happening because there were some modifications done to the wiring by the previous owner. A lot more details were shared, but essentially this explanation helped and I decided to leave it as it is.

This whole second time effort was completely free of cost and borne by WheelsWisdom! I really loved the way WheelsWisdom owned up and corrected their mistake, I am a big fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is safe and sound

Of late team bhp has become like a genie who is able to read the minds. I was thinking about car service and noticed the service car option on the main page clicked on it and it took me to the wheels wisdom website.

Therefore I would like to know from experts if anyone from Hyderabad has had the opportunity or getting their car serviced through these service providers, If yes How was the experience?

Sushil Narayanan
@Sushil - I have been told by WheelsWisdom guys that some of their most senior guys (One of them is Anil who I had great experience with 4-5 years back) moved to Hyderabad and Chennai to run operations there. That is always a positive sign. Going by my interactions with these guys, I would guess the quality would remain the same. I would definitely give my car to them.
singleton is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed