Team-BHP - Exterior & interior detailing - Anand & Vinod (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Exterior & interior detailing - Anand & Vinod (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/186239-exterior-interior-detailing-anand-vinod-bangalore.html)

I was somebody who was least interested or excited with the idea of car polishing,detailing etc.So one day I was speaking to a friend of mine in Bangalore and the topic of conversation veered towards car detailing.One thing led to another and before I knew,for the first time in my life,I was actually beginning to get interested in the whole concept of getting my car some well-deserved TLC.

Ofcourse the car has run close to a lakh kms now in the course of the past 6 years.Since there was an impending long drive via Bangalore coming up,it gave me all the reason to check out the services at this new yet to be named detailing place.They are still in the pre-launch phase.And ofcourse this place came highly reccomended by a friend who was a crazy auto enthusiast who himself owns a bunch of cars and also founded the Contessa Club after he restored his father's Contessa. He himself is an Oxford dictionary on cars,so any reccomendation that he makes is almost every time spot on.

This detailing place is run by two boys/men who were just meagre "car-polishers" at 3M and other such car detailing places in Bangalore. They learnt the hard way and off late from -would you believe it-youtube and other media of advance techniques and tools. They started off with asking their friends who used to travel out of the country to get them high end materials and equipment from overseas and that is how they got started.They dont qualify to be the so called up-market-yuppy-sassy-startups that the city is flooded with now a days,and the biggest surprise-no they dont have an app in their name-now thats a huge relief in these times of app-hood!They believe in old-school conversations(partly due to the fact that they are not tech-savvy and partly due to the fact that they believe in hearing things from their customers rather than reading about it).I was their fourth customer and I did see some of their earlier work-courtesy my friend,and the work left me speechless.I really had not seen the kind of the workmanship that was displayed on those cars on any other car detailing work-a primary reason why I chose to drive up all the way to Bangalore from Hyd to get this done in Bangalore.

My front windshield visibility at night-times was reduced to around 20percent thanks to the swirl marks which came from the service center after a service and also largely thanks to the person who washed the cars in the apartment.Before I realised what they were upto,it was too late.Driving at nights with the glares hitting the glass was pure torture-a reason why I never took the car out after dark unless necessary.The windows and the rearshield too were in bad shape with scratches that were incurred during the peel-off of those dark films.I was just too careless and lazy to mend them I guess.Apart from these aberrations,I had zillions of scratches and paint-off areas all around the car-perils of driving in Hyderabad probably.

I spoke to the guys (Anand & Vinod)and they were more than warm and welcoming-and there was something genuine about the way they spoke and that was a clincher.They were quite upright and frank about what can be done and what cannot be done and how it would be done.So the expectations were set right in the first call and that gave me a feel good feel to the whole idea.They also said that currently they do their services at the customer location and they were hopeful of having their own permanent place by July .Since I would not have a place in Bangalore,they said they would arrange to have my car done at some friends' place of theirs as most of the time the service is done at at the customers door step. To my sheer surprise and fancy they had all the different types of gauges and meters and devices to check paint and finish.

They came by to take the car on a Sunday morning and promised to return the car by Sunday evening as I had to return on Monday.But they were pretty confident on the timing aspect.They also invited me to be with them when the detailing was performed or else they said they would keep me updated via whatsapp pictures and videos at different stages-that was a nice gesture.They said they do the same for all the customers they service,since most of the customers leave the car with them and come back to the finished product by evening.

All said and done the car was all set to get a makeover,but frankly I wasnt expecting such a big makeover.The car was taken in at exactly 9am and returned at 6pm.

I subscribed to the basic package- apparently they offer 2 flavours, an entry level one and a top end premium one.The premium option I was told is a complete interior and exterior detailing finishing off with waxes and sealant. While the entry level one is a Glass coating on the car. I saw some of the other cars that these guys had worked on and the only expression that kept returning to my head was that of amazement.The workmanship was truly outstanding and the care and love they shower towards the car is definitely commendable. They also recommended that it may not be advisable to do a glass polish on my car for the substratum was repainted and results may not be as expected. Thanks to their good advice I definitely saved some money by not opting for the premium service.

I got my car all gleaming and smelling nice and in fact even smelling like a new car!The visibility increased by almost 80 percent which was a huge plus for me.All the marks on the body had disappeared.All those thoughts that I was harbouring of selling the car have completely disappeared now.Noway in the world that I am selling this spanking new car.They did a complete interion cleanup,vaccum of the roof interiors-they just did not miss a thing-very very impressed with their professionalism. Small details like hinges, ac vents, Logo, water marks, Hard Water stains on the B pillar and ORVM, engine room (this took the cake) were all clean and sparkling.

The car came back with a cute ribbon like a new car just out of the showroom!

Attachment 1631024

I was telling myself-it was worth every penny driving to Bangalore all the way from Hyderabad for this!

The boys told me they are taking it real slow and easy and they take in only one car a day ( my car took 7/8 hours).So advance booking would really help.They are expecting to get a full fledged place of their own by July depending on how their business picks up(I sincerely hope it picks up because they are really fantastic at it.In my opinion,none of the car-detailing places can afford to offer such individual attention to cars as they can)My suggestion would be to go to them when they are still new and young and relatively less-busy,because I am sure going by their workmanship,its not going to be long before they get busy.I have put in their contact details below in case somebody would like to check them out.Also a couple of pictures attached.

Contact Anand/Vinod-+9188849 80870

Car looks spanking new clap:
Time to replace the number plate which looks out of place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4186060)
Car looks spanking new clap:
Time to replace the number plate which looks out of place.

True!I noticed that too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 4185468)
I subscribed to the basic package- apparently they offer 2 flavours, an entry level one and a top end premium one.The premium option I was told is a complete interior and exterior detailing finishing off with waxes and sealant. While the entry level one is a Glass coating on the car.

Contact Anand/Vinod-+9188849 80870

Hi ranjitp,

Can you tell which area of Bangalore are they based out of, and what was the cost incurred?

Quote:

Originally Posted by autorahul (Post 4210270)
Hi ranjitp,

Can you tell which area of Bangalore are they based out of, and what was the cost incurred?

Area is immaterial as they do the services at the customer's location.Mine was done at a friends place in koramangala,but they usually travel to the customer location.The cost is usually based on how good or bad the scratches are.It costed me around INR7000,You can contact them directly and they would be happy to do an inspection and give you the estimates.

Nice post Ranji..!!! I am seeing this now.
By the way Sunil gave his car to them and I am posting some pictures on his behalf since he is not on TBHP. I thing the results speak. I am impresses...!!!
I quote Sunil and he mentioned they did the ceramic coat. Sunil " I am super happy with the work and is highly recommended"

I did not look this thread up for a while,looks like these detailing guys have been doing very well,happy for them since they deserve it.

Just putting this flyer up that they sent to me yesterday,in case it helps anybody here.

PS:I am not involved commercially with their venture in any way :D

Exterior & interior detailing - Anand & Vinod (Bangalore)-flyer.jpg

Just posting up another one of Anand' good work.The wax that Anand uses,I must admit,is definitely not something that I have seen with others in my limited experience.The water beading is amazing.My friend Pradeep sent me his Jag pictures being worked on.In particular I liked the water beading.