Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 28th October 2019, 17:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central

Prologue:

I've been a regular visitor to Feynlab in HSR layout for a couple of years now.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore))

About a year ago, Mr Krishna Kumar, the owner of Feynlab in India invited me to the opening of their new detailing studio in Bangalore's Central Business District. I was busy and couldnt go and somehow preferred to drive all the way to HSR for a car wash even if I knew Mr Krishna wasnt available. The HSR outlet was a known entity for me and I was just comfortable. Didnt feel like trying out a new outlet.

However, Mr Krishna kept requesting me to go to the Central Bangalore outlet and give it a try. I recommended this place to a friend of mine who wanted to get his Honda City detailed. He was quite happy with the results and liked the attention to detail for his "Ceramic Lite" package.

The below photos were clicked by the detailers and sent to my friend on Whatsapp.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-4e16b57d7b1e43dea6228397bbe94c39.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7124.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7126.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7129.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7131.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7138.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7140.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7141.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7144.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-img_7156.jpg

I finally dropped in for a car wash to the Central Bangalore place and gave it a whirl. I also got a chance to meet Samrat, the owner of this particular store and he gave me a detailed explanation of the products he deals with and the services he offers.

#16,Phoenix Towers, Ground Floor, Front Wing, Museum Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001

Contact Person:

Samrat Kashim, +919901831200

Services Offered:

Car Detailing, Car and bike Paint Protection Films, Car wash, Bike detailing, bike washing, Car wraps, sunfilms and a few other accessories.

Summary (TLDR Version):

A great place for good quality work. The owner is hands on and very attentive. The guys who work are also careful and methodical.

Full story:

I took an appointment by speaking to Mr Krishna to ensure that they would be able to work on my car. Sometimes car washes are busy and I didnt want to wait. Mr Krishna spoke to Samrat and confirmed that I could go there at my requested time.

This place is located in the heart of Bangalore, just a stone's throw away from UB City, Lavelle Road and Brigade Road. It's easily visible from the main road and there is a wide footpath which makes it easy to get in and out of the store. The glass doors are extra wide and my vRS had plenty of clearance.

I drove in and parked in the designated place for the wash. One negative thing is that there is no drainage around the car for water to drain. There isnt a plastic curtain either to keep the water in the wash area exclusively. There is a door of sorts for the main detailing area(of which I dont have a pic), so detailing can be done parallelly while another car is being washed.

I still found it weird that the entire area can get wet while a wash is happening. I am too spoilt by Feynlab's HSR branch which has a dedicated car wash area with good drainage and a plastic curtain.

Anyway, Samrat and his team greeted me and I told them that the interior was really dirty and to do a good job of cleaning the carpets, the floor mats and the seats. The exterior of course deserved a good wash as well.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_131154.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_125532.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_125517.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_125501.jpg

The guys took it slow and steady and first stripped my car as much as they could. They even removed the big rubber boot floor mat which most of the time stays in the car. They cleaned every crevice better than I've ever seen it get cleaned. They cleaned every pocket, every corner and later on, also wiped down the leather portions of the seats with a chemical or a solution which made the leather shine a little bit. Not like the tacky way a cheap polish does, but in a well maintained sort of way.

They gave each floor mat individual attention and scrubbed them well and dried them by blowing compressed air.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_133443.jpg

They then set about pressure washing the car. The wash method was pretty standard and routine but the guys did a good job. They cleaned the wheels, the wheel wells and underbody of the car as thoroughly as I have ever seen. They also used a tar remover on the lower parts of the car before the foam wash. They really took some time and effort to clean the barrels of the wheels from outside using a wheel brush. This was highly appreciated.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_135546.jpg

The foam was nice and thick and since it was sprayed after a good washing from the pressure washer, the wash mitts slid very smoothly over the surface of the car.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_141559.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_141646.jpg
You can see the pic below where there's a lot of dirt around the car. This was after cleaning the wheels, wheel wells and the underbody.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_135746.jpg

I noticed that they even took the time to clean the door beadings. This is something no one ever does but Samrat and his team took the time to do that. I wish I had a pic of the same beading before they cleaned it, but for now, I only have a pic of it after the cleaning.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_143856.jpg

Overall, I am very happy with the job done on my car. I would love to make this my regular place for car washing. It is not too far for me and the service is impeccable.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_151438.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_151444.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_151451.jpg

I was quite happy with the job done on my car. My car smelt really nice thanks to that last polish they used on the interior plastic trims and the seats.

Other products offered:

They offer Ceramic coatings from Feynlab
They offer wraps for cars from a brand which I dont remember. It's not 3M. They have a huge number of colours and shades and someone who wants to get creative with the look of his car can go bonkers!

They also offer Xpel Paint Protection Films.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_131022.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_131043.jpg

They are also testing a product called Clear Plex Invisible Windshield Protection Film. This is supposed to be applied on the outside of the windshield and will protect the windshield from stone chips and also block some of the heat from entering the cabin. I'll allow the marketing blurb to speak for itself. It is not yet available for commercial sale but is going to be launched soon.

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_130806.jpg

Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central-20191010_130817.jpg

Pros:

Location is in Central Bangalore. Easily accessible from most parts of Bangalore. Especially for someone like me whose office is barely 2-3 kms from their location.
Extremely good attention to detail (copied from my original review of Feynlab HSR! :P )
Very down to earth and approachable owner who is ready to explain everything they do on your car and answer any doubts you may have. (copied from my original review of Feynlab HSR! :P )
Good quality of equipment used. Wash mitts and drying cloths were clean and dry.
Owner is very hands on and that's always a good thing.
Even when the owner was busy talking to me inside the customer lounge, the guys doing the job seemed to be giving it their full attention. No one was attending phone calls or wasting time.

Cons:

Getting out of their detailing studio can take a few minutes because the road in front can get jammed at time (It is right opposite St Joseph's school and during the school pick up and drop off times, the road gets jammed).
The entire area can get very slippery because the water goes everywhere. Be careful! They do keep drying the floor as soon as they finish each wash, but you've still got to be a bit careful.
The day I went there, they had some power problems and the AC in the customer lounge wasnt working. This was ok for that day as it was quite cool and I did spend most of my time near the car watching them. On a hot day, it can get stuffy.

Price:

I paid Rs 700 for my car wash. To be honest, I think that was too less. Samrat didnt want to accept money from me and wanted to give me a complimentary car wash as it was my first visit. I refused and thrust Rs 700 into his hands because 700-800 is what I usually pay at HSR for a full foam wash.

Worries
(copy pasted from my review of their HSR branch).

That they dont retain this level of quality and attention to detail as the business expands. The 3M Car Care Centres used to be fantastic a few years back but as they started expanding, the quality dropped.
Employee turnover: If the current staff has been trained by the best, then when they move on, it can leave a vacuum and the new staff may not understand the high standards set by the outgoing guys.

Samrat runs a tight ship and I wish him all the best and hope he maintains this standard of service for a long time to come.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 29th October 2019 at 18:58.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (42) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2019, 10:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Felicity Detailing Studio, Feynlab Detailing : Bangalore Central

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2019, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Prologue:
Thanks Nikhil, I was on the hunt for a non-3M shop in CBD. Would you know the pricing of car detailing, do share if you have any brochure to refer for the services offered.
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2019, 20:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks Nikhil, I was on the hunt for a non-3M shop in CBD. Would you know the pricing of car detailing, do share if you have any brochure to refer for the services offered.
Sorry, but I dont have any details on that.

Would suggest you call them up and speak to Samrat.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote