Senior - BHPian

Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

Went to Madhu's Wilson Garden facility today

Very nice experience in the following ways;

1. Very good facilities and up to date equipment
2. Tyre Balancing equipment for two wheelers - including spoked wheels
2. Well Trained workmen
4. Courteous staff

Been putting of changing the tyres of Bonnie - 1) Non availability of correct size Tyre for the 2008 model 2) Not sure if the Spoked 2W Wheel could be balanced properly post change of rubber

A discussion with TBHPian Nikhil confirmed that the Wilson Garden facility did have the equipment to address balancing issue. So managed to source the correct size tyre and went to Madhus

Nest pleasant surprise was the Technician - Mr. Anand

The way he went about the process was indeed a great example how a job is to be addressed in the correct way and paying due attention to doing it the right way. He did each step of fitting the new tyre on the wheel (which I had got "trued" already with an expert elsewhere) and balancing it.

Khudos to whoever trained him and to him for following what he had learnt in a consciences way. A rare example

He is an asset to the facility indeed!

A video of the balancing and a picture of the Mechanic.

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20201229-20.02.14.jpeg

A day well spent in pampering the Bonnie

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 29th December 2020 at 20:38.
r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 08:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Madhus Tyre Center has been my go to place for all tyre and wheel related matters since last 10 years (even before this specific Wilson Garden location came up). And they have never let me down! Every single experience in last 10 years was great, and every single time I would rate them 5 out of 5!

While I am an old customer of Madhus, recently I got wheel alignment and balancing done for both my cars at their new Wilson Garden Location, and thought of sharing this review.

As expected, they did a fantastic job. Here are some things which I really like about Madhus Tyre Center, Wilson Garden:

1. The new location is fantastic! This new place is easy to locate and approach, has plenty of space to handle multiple cars simultaneously, plenty of parking space outside for the cars waiting their turns, and plenty of space for the customers to watch the job being done. Further, they have a nice and comfortable lounge for customers to wait in case required. And they have clean restrooms, which is important while your car is getting alignment done :-)

2. Expert technicians. And expert owners! You can discuss with them any level of technical details about your specific requirements/issues, and they will do the right work and explain the work done back to you in the same technical details.

3. Absolutely professional approach by everyone, including the technicians, the staff and the owners!

4. Everyone there always welcomes me with a smile. While being professional, they never miss out on being humble and courteous.

5. What I find quite remarkable is this: They get everything from fancy supercars to budget beater cars. But they treat everyone with the same professional approach and courtesy. I have seen far too many businesses (in multiple sectors) quickly become careless about their "ordinary" customers once they get some really high end customers. But I have never seen this at Madhus. I have seen them working on every car, whether that is a Maruti or a Ferrari, with the same care, attention to detail, and talking to the respective owners with the same professionalism.

6. And finally, the work done is fantastic. Going back to a decade old story, my SX4 had quite a poor steering and alignment out of the factory, and the official service center could never rectify that. Eventually I took it to Madhus and they were able to set it right! Even recently when I got the WA/WB done here, the car feels just right again! I did a long drive in my SX4 after ages, after this fresh WA/WB done at Madhus, and the car felt absolutely fine even at high speeds.

And now, to wrap this up, here is a of pictures of my SX4 getting work done there:

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_20210127_120950.jpg

Last edited by Dr.AD : 6th February 2021 at 09:00.
Dr.AD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:45   #33
BHPian

Been there Done that !. Changed my Storme's Goodyear's to Yoko's last month. Good Service as usual
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_3177.jpg  

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_3180.jpg  

BulZire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

My steering was off-center by a mm, and so I thought I'd get the wheels aligned. Fantastic 5 Star ambience provided by Nikhil (Must be one of the best in the Country). The staff are courteous, esp Mr Manju. Their 'generations of expertise' speaks in the perfect work that they do. Wish Michelin resumes their tyre imports, so I can get a change done
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_2841.jpg  

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_2840.jpg  

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_2835.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 18:28   #35
BHPian

My 2020 Hyundai Venue had gone for wheel alignment and road force balancing at Madhus Tyre Centre at 10,000kms and did the tyre rotation too, as per the machine calculations. Brilliant work by the team. I reach here early always and would be off within 40 to 50 minutes at the maximum. Attention to detail is something I love here.

The new machine at Madhus. This gives a clear idea on what to work on. The CEAT Securagrip's were really good so far and I look to continue with the same. The first one in the list is my car.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-2.jpg

This is the chance to check out the brake pads
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-1.jpg

The inside of the wheels are marked with chalk/crayon to decided which one goes where after road force balancing.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-3.jpg

Wheel balance summary. Before and after the service.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-4.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-5.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 19:20   #36
BHPian

I too had a briliant experience at Madhu wilson garden. Very professional place and all issues resolved with precision.

The work is done very neatly and you are never kept in dark as to what is happening. My Ecosport was pulling to the right and needed bit of balancing to be done. They fixed a puncture also free of cost. And got a 10% discount also on the bill owing to Tbhp. I didn't know about the discount, the service guy saw the sticker, asked if I was a member, I said yes, he put it on the note and I got 10% off. Brilliant.
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 16:16   #37
BHPian

When members here mention the Team BHP discount what do they mean? Is this a discount on the bill (including tyres, valves etc) or rather on the alignment and balancing part alone?
Old 29th August 2021, 19:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
When members here mention the Team BHP discount what do they mean? Is this a discount on the bill (including tyres, valves etc) or rather on the alignment and balancing part alone?
It is on labor part alone.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 21:26   #39
BHPian

Guys, sorry for the offtopic query.
Looking at all these gleaming reviews, can someone please advise if there is an equivalent of Madhus in Chennai. Thank you.
Old 30th August 2021, 00:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, sorry for the offtopic query.
Looking at all these gleaming reviews, can someone please advise if there is an equivalent of Madhus in Chennai. Thank you.
Fellow member @hserus had mentioned one in a different thread Siremull Hirachand on Greams Road (Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in). Maybe check that one.

You can also find reviews of quite a lot of car services (ICE equipment, tyres, servicing etc.) in the Team-BHP Directory.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:07   #41
BHPian

My recent experience with Madhus Wilson garden was not good. Had gone to change tyres on my Honda CBR 650. While the staff has always been courteous, I was horrified with the way the front tyre was removed & put back. Basically they don't have a front paddock. This not only keeps the bike parked in unstable way during the process but also creates huge load on the side stand. Unlike adv bikes, the sports bike side stands are not meant to handle such loads (220 kgs plus). My heart cried when my loved bike was kept tilted on the side stand to get the front wheel in, install the brake assembly etc.
Also I didn't like the excuses given that front paddocks are not available for purchase or that the staff is very comfortable with this method !
For me Madhus has been the go to place for my car & bike but this experience was a downer. I felt I overpaid significantly for a desi jugaad style wheel fitment on my bike. The staff told me that they have escalated my concern to management.
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20210923170429.jpg  

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20210923171643.jpg  

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20210923171637.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 00:05   #42
BHPian

It's really sad to see the kind of abuse the bike is put through for a tyre change. I feel this situation will never resolve, personally have been persisting with them since 2017 to get a front paddock and after 3 visits since, still nothing. Everytime it's the same story, the manager asks to suggest for a good paddock to buy and assures things will be different next time . For a shop which has such good reviews among car enthusiasts in Bangalore this is not expected.
Mashblue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:00   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

shaikhmimran, thanks for sharing this unfortunate update.

Before I respond to the manner in which the bikes are being handled, let me first say that I have been a very loyal customer of Madhus for years. I have got two sets of car tires from them, done wheel balancing and alignment of both my cars from them (multiple times) and sent many of my friends to Madhus, as well. I am so happy with their quality of work, that even after moving out of Bangalore, I used to save up my wheel alignment and balancing work for my trips to Bangalore. When it comes to car tires, my experience with Madhus has always been a 10 / 10 rating.

Only on account of Covid, I have had to take my cars to tire stores in Cochin and I have always been disappointed. When giving them feedback, I have explained to them how well Madhus does tire changes and alignment etc and how that is the gold standard.

With that context, seeing the horrific manner in which the bike was being held up and how it was leaned over, stressing the side stand, is beyond words! It is even more shocking to note Mashblue's post that this feedback has been given to them for years and that it is still not addressed. What makes the situation baffling is that Madhus has invested in getting a wheel balancing machine for two wheelers, but hasnt been able to source a paddock stand for years!

For reference, here are some pictures of my Triumph getting the tires changed last year, at a prominent tire store in Cochin. For a small city like Cochin, we have 2 tire stores with these facilities. I hope that the management at Madhus invests in the right infrastructure to prevent such situations from occurring in future. Only then can their two wheeled tire services match their renowned four wheel tire services.

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-20200904_155424.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-20200904_160051.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-20200904_153954.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-20200904_154037.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 15:27   #44
BHPian

Is there any equivalent of Madhus in Chennai? I've never been satisfied with the WA/WB shops near Pallikaranai/Velachery.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 24th September 2021, 22:35   #45
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Is there any equivalent of Madhus in Chennai? I've never been satisfied with the WA/WB shops near Pallikaranai/Velachery.

Regards,
lsjey
Tyrestore Chennai are pretty good in my experience, Link to directory (TyreStore (Chennai))

MRF tyredromes are very good too(owned and run by MRF themselves), there is one in Madhykailash and one in Anna nagar too. While I wouldn't buy tyres from there, the alignment and balancing services are very good.

Standard disclaimer: I have no commercial associations with these shops and recommend from my experience.

Last edited by ike : 24th September 2021 at 22:38.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed