Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 23:10   #46
jav
BHPian

Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

Another request to the management is to start using torque wrenches, i see service centers using them when they do alignment and tyre fitting and wondered why its not being used here.

Had a horrible time trying to loosen the wheel nuts a few days after my usual alignment and balancing when i got a puncture, it was so tight that i could stand on the wheel spanner and it didnt move, had to use another spanner for leverage to loosen it and in process bent the wheel spanner as a bonus .
jav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:06   #47
BHPian

Low ranked Google review disappears mysteriously!

I have something strange to report. My low ranked Google review of my recent experience at Madhus has disappeared mysteriously !!
But before I delve into that, an update on my feedback at Madhus. I was contacted by their supervisor Mr. Mohsin with an apology. Also I was assured that a front paddock would be purchased soon. Also there was another apology for their earlier requests to re-consider my low ranked Google review as below.

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092719252585.jpg

I appreciated their positive response to customer feedback and put the topic behind me.
However today I found that my review has disappeared from Google!! The pictures are there but the content is removed.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092718500325.jpg

I got this checked with few fellow tbhipans and they all confirmed shockingly that the review is no longer visible ! Naturally I also contacted Madhus and was told that they have not reported to Google regarding my review. I have written to Google and also reposted the review with an edit.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092719582068.jpg

As on the time of posting this, my Google review is not visible.

Last edited by ampere : 27th September 2021 at 20:53.
shaikhmimran is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:52   #48
BHPian

Front Paddock procured by Madhus

A short but pleasant update.
I received a text along with pics from Madhus that they have procured front paddock.
I am glad that they have acted in customer feedback.
If anyone goes for tyre works hereafter, please share your experience.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20211002wa0021.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 13:16   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Another request to the management is to start using torque wrenches, i see service centers using them when they do alignment and tyre fitting and wondered why its not being used here.

Had a horrible time trying to loosen the wheel nuts a few days after my usual alignment and balancing when i got a puncture, it was so tight that i could stand on the wheel spanner and it didnt move, had to use another spanner for leverage to loosen it and in process bent the wheel spanner as a bonus .
Torque Wrenches appear to be considered as an optional luxury item by most local garages. I've been searching for one in nearby garages for a TW to correctly set my leaf-spring shackles for a long time now. The preferred method is called "setting" based on the mechanics years of experience. The same goes for estimating backlash in Ring and Pinion Gears when reassembling differentials. Where the tolerances need to be .0002 to .0006th of an inch measured using a Dial-Gauges, the mechanics confidently do "setting" by moving the Ring gear back-and-forth until they hear a mild "tuk-tuk" with the head tilted and ear cocked to one side - it is called "judgement" in local lingo - with a decade of experience, everybody claims to have the right "judgment" and ability to do the right "setting". It is a unique Indian ability - "what they don't teach you at "Havard" or any globally reputed Engineering school".

Last edited by Ragul : 2nd October 2021 at 13:20.
Old 13th November 2021, 16:40   #50
BHPian

Went to this facility to do WA/WB done for my Skoda Superb. I had got both done last week at a an outlet of a prominent ‘chain’ of tyre stores in HSR layout. While the wheel balancing was done Okish at this store, the alignment (especially for the rear axle) left a lot to be desired. Having a long drive coming up in the near future, decided to try Madhu’s @wilson garden to fix the issue. And man did they deliver!! From the time Mr. Rocky welcomed me in to the store (I was customer number 1 today), to his patient listening to my issue (and suggesting professional solutions and not Jugaad), their explanation of all the processes being done (including an automated drive through diagnostic), the amazing coffee (served without asking and wish a smile) and finally the courteous and friendly front office staff (even they were so knowledgable about tyres and what needs to be done!) - this was truly five star service.

It isnt often that one sees such service in the automotive sector in the country, especially when you are NOT paying a significant premium! Kudos to the way Nikhil manages this outlet and keeps up the standard over decades. Amazing indeed. I have now converted into a loyal customer and will surely return and refer a bunch of my friends to this shop.

Thank you Mr. Rocky and the entire team at Madhu’s today!
Merril is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 10:54   #51
BHPian

Went here yesterday for tyre change on my polo. Liked two options - XM2+(6500 per tyre) and Earth 1's(5300 per tyre). The manufactured date was 2521 for Michelins and 4421(Just a week or two old !) for Earth 1's. Chose Earth 1's for all 4.

They are very professional in what they do. I got the wheel balancing, alignment done too. It cost close to 1100 after 'discount' as they say. Very happy with the work done on car.

The pricing point is a bit on stiffer side though and they did not offer anything for the old tyres(only 28k run). Also, they goofed up on my name in tyre warranty registration(18 months unconditional + 18 months manufacturing defect). I went ahead anyway with them seeing how good they did the job.
Old 4th January 2022, 09:59   #52
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Another good experience at Madhus last week, this time for 2 cars at the same time

I took the Dzire for alignment and balancing and a friend joined with his Hexa. He had gotten alignment and balancing done at a MRF tyre care centre in Mumbai just before he drove down to Bangalore in third week of December. During the drive to Bangalore, he found that there was steering vibration the moment speed touched 100+kmph which turned out to a real bummer during his drive so he kept to lower speeds for the entire drive. Found that balancing was done incorrectly which was causing the issue. Alignment was also off, so got both fixed at Madhus and he drove back to Mumbai yesterday. He messaged me this morning saying the steering issue was gone and he had a comfortable drive back

Also, any suggestions for a good place to get alignment and balancing done at Navi Mumbai ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 10:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, any suggestions for a good place to get alignment and balancing done at Navi Mumbai ?
Nothing fancy, but I've been getting my cars aligned and balanced at K.S.Tyres
https://goo.gl/maps/dk4SpbBozSoSgDCL9.

FYI my Abarth was last balanced and aligned at Madhus. And I'll be driving down again pretty soon for the next alignment / balancing LOL :P
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 09:41   #54
BHPian

After almost a year, visited Madhus @ Wilson Garden and had a very pleasant experience, as before.

This time I wanted to install SensAiry TPMS and particularly wanted the 5 sensor option (including for spare tyre), instead of the regular 4 sensors pack. When ever I checked last time it wasnt available and yesterday I got it and installed there in my car. Also did the Wheel Balancing and alignment after sensor installation and additionally got a puncture fixed and few additional small metal pieces removed from other tyres.

Last few weeks I was observing gradual pressure loss from Rear Right tyre and I wanted to get this checked and rectified. As it was very gradual reduction and over a period of 2 weeks, I see a reduction of 2-3 PSI from this Rear Right tyre only. It had to be inspected thoroughly after immersing in water with slightly inflated PSI and found one nail hiding between the tyre threads which was almost impossible to spot otherwise. The guy who attended me for the work yesterday was thorough enough to do a proper job as per my satisfaction.

They also gave a feedback that my current set of tyres are in overall good condition, even after 46K Kms usage on them.

Now the only thing is that for regular Balancing, weights, alignment altogether touched 2K INR even after TBHP discount (for my Toyota Fortuner), and I felt charges had been increased compared to my earlier instances.

Now the best thing I felt is there are no parking constraints compared to the earlier location and that is a very good thing indeed.

I have been going there for every 5K KMS usage, even though its far away for me, and would definitely go back again.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 21:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
..for regular Balancing, weights, alignment altogether touched 2K INR even after TBHP discount....

I have been going there for every 5K KMS usage, ....
5K KM interval for wheel balancing and alignment seem too frequent - extra cost and effort with no significant benefits.
A good WA/WB job should hold for 10K KMs and should be effective enough. A 10K KM interval is also a good time to get wheel rotation done.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 25th February 2022 at 21:57.
Old 25th February 2022, 22:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
5K KM interval for wheel balancing and alignment seem too frequent - extra cost and effort with no significant benefits.
A good WA/WB job should hold for 10K KMs and should be effective enough. A 10K KM interval is also a good time to get wheel rotation done.
Thats only true if you use your car only on good roads. In my case, all of my three cars have at least slight variation in Toe and my SX4 in which I fly over potholes, 5k kms is sufficient for variation in toe. In my Crysta, even though I slow down for potholes and humps, there is at least variation in one axis in 5k kms. During the last year, as Bangalore roads got really bad, there was massive deviation even in 3k kms. However after that, in the next 5k kms the deviation in both Crysta and SX4 was lesser since most of the roads we use the cars daily got asphalted.
Old 28th February 2022, 17:02   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
5K is a common regular interval most of the cars gets checked for Balancing and alignment. This interval will also help to reset any minor issues with alignment that can cause uneven tyre wear. 10K interval may be too high to find out any issue and by then some uneven tyre wear could have already happened.

As a practice I always take my vehicles for Wheel balancing alignment immediately after its service, somehow my service is also at 5K intervals.
Old 16th May 2022, 11:23   #58
BHPian

I see Madhus opened up near Konankunte metro station on Kanakapura Road. Did anyone been there. Isnit as good as main branch at Wilson Garden.

The Bridgestone one opposite to A2B in Kanakapura Road in between Konankunte and NIVe junction is worst. Once a friend's Honda tyre fastner was jammed by one of the boys. It was a nightmare to be driving around with just 3 fasteners.
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:50   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I see Madhus opened up near Konankunte metro station on Kanakapura Road. Did anyone been there. Isnit as good as main branch at Wilson Garden. .
This place has been there for a very long time. Apart from alignment services for cars, they also service trucks, Volvo buses etc. Their training division is also located here. I have used the service there, and the people are just like in their other centres.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This place has been there for a very long time. Apart from alignment services for cars, they also service trucks, Volvo buses etc. Their training division is also located here. I have used the service there, and the people are just like in their other centres.
It seems for the training center practical session purpose they have the wheel alignment and balancing equipment. Commerical operations will be in full swing when commerical activites increase around the vicinity.

Place has good options to scale up to 4 bays as there is only one as of now.

With 1 bay they just handle the minimum services as and then whenever needed.

Most Viewed