Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 24th September 2021, 23:10   #46
jav
BHPian

Default Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

Another request to the management is to start using torque wrenches, i see service centers using them when they do alignment and tyre fitting and wondered why its not being used here.

Had a horrible time trying to loosen the wheel nuts a few days after my usual alignment and balancing when i got a puncture, it was so tight that i could stand on the wheel spanner and it didnt move, had to use another spanner for leverage to loosen it and in process bent the wheel spanner as a bonus .
jav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:06   #47
BHPian

Default Low ranked Google review disappears mysteriously!

I have something strange to report. My low ranked Google review of my recent experience at Madhus has disappeared mysteriously !!
But before I delve into that, an update on my feedback at Madhus. I was contacted by their supervisor Mr. Mohsin with an apology. Also I was assured that a front paddock would be purchased soon. Also there was another apology for their earlier requests to re-consider my low ranked Google review as below.

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092719252585.jpg

I appreciated their positive response to customer feedback and put the topic behind me.
However today I found that my review has disappeared from Google!! The pictures are there but the content is removed.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092718500325.jpg

I got this checked with few fellow tbhipans and they all confirmed shockingly that the review is no longer visible ! Naturally I also contacted Madhus and was told that they have not reported to Google regarding my review. I have written to Google and also reposted the review with an edit.
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-screenshot_2021092719582068.jpg

As on the time of posting this, my Google review is not visible.

Last edited by ampere : 27th September 2021 at 20:53.
shaikhmimran is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:52   #48
BHPian

Default Front Paddock procured by Madhus

A short but pleasant update.
I received a text along with pics from Madhus that they have procured front paddock.
I am glad that they have acted in customer feedback.
If anyone goes for tyre works hereafter, please share your experience.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20211002wa0021.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 13:16   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Another request to the management is to start using torque wrenches, i see service centers using them when they do alignment and tyre fitting and wondered why its not being used here.

Had a horrible time trying to loosen the wheel nuts a few days after my usual alignment and balancing when i got a puncture, it was so tight that i could stand on the wheel spanner and it didnt move, had to use another spanner for leverage to loosen it and in process bent the wheel spanner as a bonus .
Torque Wrenches appear to be considered as an optional luxury item by most local garages. I've been searching for one in nearby garages for a TW to correctly set my leaf-spring shackles for a long time now. The preferred method is called "setting" based on the mechanics years of experience. The same goes for estimating backlash in Ring and Pinion Gears when reassembling differentials. Where the tolerances need to be .0002 to .0006th of an inch measured using a Dial-Gauges, the mechanics confidently do "setting" by moving the Ring gear back-and-forth until they hear a mild "tuk-tuk" with the head tilted and ear cocked to one side - it is called "judgement" in local lingo - with a decade of experience, everybody claims to have the right "judgment" and ability to do the right "setting". It is a unique Indian ability - "what they don't teach you at "Havard" or any globally reputed Engineering school".

Last edited by Ragul : 2nd October 2021 at 13:20.

Most Viewed