Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 15:50   #61
BHPian

Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

When we were coming back from our long road trip (Titli & Toothless: Home Coming, a Spiritual Journey) , somewhere closer to the Neelamangala toll, I was in a rush to reach home and thus was on a good speed and boom!, the car hit a pothole, as a result, both the LHS rims had a bent, and wheel covers fly out.

Next morning, the first thing i did was - send Nikhil the photos of the rims and as always, he's kind and helpful enough to guide. In next 5-mins i got a call from a guy in his team. I explained what happened, he asked for pictures, which i immediately sent him over WhatsApp. And he reiterated the possible solution. I forwarded the same to Nikhil, to keep him on loop.

In next 1.5hr, drove from my home in Jakkur to the Wilson Garden outlet. Asked for the guy, and he immediately got the team on work. In next 1.5hr it was all sorted and done.

Some snaps, from Toothless's first ever visit to Madhu's

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_102343977.mp.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_103041505.mp.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_103051672.mp.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_110357644.mp.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_110359401.mp.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-pxl_20220626_110603775.mp.jpg

Thank you Nikhil & Madhu's team for the amazing work!
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 19:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Madhus has opened a new branch for Wheel Balancing/Alignment on Wilson Garden Road, near Lalbagh.
This new one is on the road to Lalbagh Botanical garden from Dairy circle, a few meters before Lalbagh on the left side. Correct?

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2022 at 21:25. Reason: Qoted text trimmed
Old 15th August 2022, 13:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
This new one is on the road to Lalbagh Botanical garden from Dairy circle, a few meters before Lalbagh on the left side. Correct?
Yes, its been there since before "Covid"

Best Regards & Drive Safe
Old 16th August 2022, 17:13   #64
BHPian

I got the prices from both Madhu's and SLN Pitstop Tyres. Both were professional and similar priced. SLN Tyres had the stock from Week 32 which is latest for Yokohoma Earth and hence went with them.
Old 10th September 2022, 18:45   #65
BHPian

I went to Madhus to replace my 15 year old Santro tyres with Apollo Amazer 4G Life about a month back. Overall experience is very good, except for a glitch in price discussion.

One day before, I called the shop using the number mentioned in google map. The number is actually of one of the service rep Ms Devi. I asked for the price and DOT, she quoted Rs 3450/- for Amazer. I asked for discount, and she said standard company price.

While reaching the shop, she was not there, so I was asked to wait. She then came and asked if I came for Amazer tyre and left without further discussion. After some time, another sales rep Mr Srinivas came and said work has already started. That was surprising to me, as no further discussion on pricing etc happened. I anyway, went down to the workshop to check the DOT, which is within 1.5 moths from that date. While billing, I got the shock to see price being charged is Rs 3600/-. As the tyres are fitted already, I didn't have much negotiating power, however, on talking to Ms Devi, she said let me see what can be done, and eventually she gave it for the price of Rs 3450/-. I then asked for TBHP discount, for which she said, TBHP discount is only 10%, while she is already giving me 20% discount. Which does not make sense from the figures, and she quoted same price previous day without any discount. Also I could not discuss about any deduction from old tyre, which anyway I was not expecting as it is very old set of tyres.
Apart from this, I felt the work done and the explanations given by friendly mechanics are quite good and professional. He suggested to keep one of the best of older tyres as spare one. (The very tyre Hyundai service center pointed as the most worn out, but I believed the Madhus mechanic more).

While taking the car out from the shop, I heard very loud beating noise from back. Went back to the shop immediately. Sales rep Mr Srinivas first tried to shoo me away saying new tyres can have noises etc, but then he took a test drive with me and agreed the sound is unusual. Then the mechanic thoroughly checked the tyres and wheel with break drum assembly. He pointed out an unevenness in the break drum that could be causing it (which was later confirmed by a local FNG garage). I really appreciated them taking the time to root cause the issue even though it was not related to the tyres per se. Surprisingly old tyre got adjusted to the unevenness (may be its rim is equally bent) and problem appeared only after tyre change.

Overall very satisfied due to one of my unnoticed problem in the car also got solved by them. The lessons learnt is, have the price discussed in details before they embark on the job.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th September 2022 at 19:14. Reason: Spacing for better readability
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 22:05   #66
sgm
BHPian

I visited Madhus today to change tires on my C220d. I changed my OEM run-flats to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ST as two of the tires were worn out and the other two would have lasted only another 3-4k more kilometers.
Got the wheel alignment and balancing also done. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't give the TBHP discount which they give for wheel alignment and balancing work.
sgm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 18:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post

While reaching the shop, she was not there, so I was asked to wait. She then came and asked if I came for Amazer tyre and left without further discussion. After some time, another sales rep Mr Srinivas came and said work has already started. That was surprising to me, as no further discussion on pricing etc happened. I anyway, went down to the workshop to check the DOT, which is within 1.5 moths from that date. While billing, I got the shock to see price being charged is Rs 3600/-. As the tyres are fitted already, I didn't have much negotiating power, however, on talking to Ms Devi, she said let me see what can be done, and eventually she gave it for the price of Rs 3450/-. I then asked for TBHP discount, for which she said, TBHP discount is only 10%, while she is already giving me 20% discount. Which does not make sense from the figures, and she quoted same price previous day without any discount. Also I could not discuss about any deduction from old tyre, which anyway I was not expecting as it is very old set of tyres.
Apart from this, I felt the work done and the explanations given by friendly mechanics are quite good and professional. He suggested to keep one of the best of older tyres as spare one. (The very tyre Hyundai service center pointed as the most worn out, but I believed the Madhus mechanic more).
I echo your experience - While I was happy with the workmanship and the staff on the floor, I was not at all happy with their sales experience and pricing. What you have mentioned seems to be their template sales strategy.

I had the exact same experience recently when I got my Michelins - they rush you to take the car in and between the lady and the person attending your vehicle you won't find them at that time to sit and talk on the final price before work starts. At the time of billing, you are left to their mercy since the work is already done and they start with the usual higher price and you have to repeatedly remind them the price that was quoted by the lady earlier and they finally settle for it calling it a discount. I had specifically enquired on the buyback price (brand new tyres a day after delivery) at another store on the way and what I got at Madhus was much lesser, again no negotiations on it.

Mention of Team Bhp discount was brushed aside as though I was asking some kind of a favor and they stated the exact same thing that the discount applied is already greater than Team Bhp discount.

Last edited by Sandegov : 14th October 2022 at 19:05.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

One complaint I have with Madhus is that they never check the tyre pressure. I always find it off by 2-3 psi on each tyre. My pressure gauge and pump are always kept ready after a visit there.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 09:55   #69
BHPian

I had a sidewall tear in my front right tyre 3 weeks back and went to Madhu's for replacement. The cost of tyre on Amazon was Rs.5500, but Madhu's quoted Rs.6500. They told me that they don't compete with Amazon and online sellers will send very old tyres. So, I went ahead with tyre replacement. The tyre provided by them is also 2021 manufactured, so not very recent. Anyway, no complaints on the service, but please be prepared to pay higher price for tyres.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:03   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally went Madhus @ Wilson Gardens today for alignment. The building looks quite suited for the business - sufficient width between pillars for cars to go in, space for two cars lengthwise, space for office & lobby - and space in front too. Can say - good find for Nikhil.

And incidentally bumped into friendly mod Jaggu there

Last edited by condor : 2nd April 2023 at 12:05.
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Madhus today to get my FIL’s car tyres replaced. I was at the shop by the opening time and was out within 40 mins. Went with MRF ZL6 in the stock size.

Total damage to wallet was 16k including balancing & alignment.

Couldn’t take more pics as I was in official call.
Attached Thumbnails
Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_5043.jpeg  

Old 25th June 2023, 17:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

I visited Madhus Wilson City, reading all the excellent reviews. But my experience was nothing short of pathetic.

- The advisor was not interested in discussing about tyres. His response was "All tryes are good".
They were not able to source 5 tyres of the same brand, inspite of me giving them a heads up the previous day.
- There were a lot of workers, but still the work was not getting done.
- There were some power fluctuations, power backup was not working. Everyone was busy debugging the generator.
- A simple tyre change, which should have been done in 30 minutes is taking more than 2 hours and counting (I am typing this from their waiting lounge).

I got the tyres replaced last time from a small shop in my locality, where a "chotu" mechanic and a "motu" owner provided much better service.

I am kicking myself for driving all the way from Electronic City for this.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 23:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I visited Madhus Wilson City, reading all the excellent reviews. But my experience was nothing short of pathetic.

I am kicking myself for driving all the way from Electronic City for this.

Rohan
Hi Roshan, my experience when I visited them was also not great. Typical case of their reputation having outgrown themselves probably as happens to many and that has made them a little head heavy too.

In any case, they sell branded products and not their own manufactured stuff, so its okay to buy/ replace tyres at an outlet that gives you the right product at the right price and has a good service level. I see no point in patronising "once great" unless they deliver today.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:27   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
But my experience was nothing short of pathetic.

- The advisor was not interested in discussing about tyres. His response was "All tryes are good".

Sad and surprising for me, since I must confess I am a long time customer of their entire chain and have never once been disappointed. But whom did you discuss this topic with? Power issue is definitely something that will affect operations since everything runs on pneumatics and electricity and without that, the staff will be helpless. But when it comes to tyre suggestions etc, this is independent of external factors and must have been dealt correctly. I am sure this feedback will be taken well.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Sad and surprising for me, since I must confess I am a long time customer of their entire chain and have never once been disappointed. But whom did you discuss this topic with? Power issue is definitely something that will affect operations since everything runs on pneumatics and electricity and without that, the staff will be helpless. But when it comes to tyre suggestions etc, this is independent of external factors and must have been dealt correctly. I am sure this feedback will be taken well.
It was surprising for me too, since I had read such good reviews from BHPians about their stores.

I couldn't post in much detail yesterday, since I was posting from the mobile phone. Let me try to elaborate.

The store in-charge was Mr Manju (if I remember correctly).

When I drove into the store, he was standing outside talking to another customer. He ignored me completely and turned his back towards me. I went inside the store trying to find someone to talk to. Then I noticed that he was wearing a shirt with Madhus logo. Then I approached him for help.

Then we went to the billing area to discuss the tyre options. This is how the conversation went:

Me: I am looking to purchase new tyres for i10 in stock size.
He: Stock size is 155/80R13. We have 4 options MRF, Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Yokohama. (Gave the quotation)
Me: I am looking for comfort oriented tyres.
He: What is your usage - city or highway ?
Me: I use the car mostly in the city.
He: Comfort matters only on highway. In city - all tyres are comfortable.
Me: I mean, which tyres would be more comfortable on bad roads, pot holes etc.
He: All tyres are good.
Me: Which tyre would you recommend from your experience ?
He: MRF gives 1 year warranty. Yoko etc give 2 years unconditional warranty.
Me: Do you have Continental ?
He: Yes CC6. (Gave the quotation)
Me: I''ll take Continental.
He: I will get the tyres.
Me: I hope you are getting 5 tyres.
He: I ordered only 4. Let me check for one more. Don't have 5 in stock. Please come later for 1 more tyre.
Me: I have come from a long distance. OK, you can fit 4 tyres now. I'll come later for 1 more tyre.
He: Gave the quotation. Wheel alignment and balancing would be extra.
Me: Any discount for team-bhp members ?
He: No further discount possible.
Me: Can you provide wheel alignment and balancing complimentary since I am buying 4 new tyres ?
He: Not possible.
Me: Any buyback offer for existing tyres ? They are in decent condition.
He: I will check the condition. (Gave very less buyback value. I was already frustrated because of the delay, so didn't pursue much)

I was looking forward to a healthy discussion about tyres, with someone who deals with tyres on a daily basis. But after his first few statements, I lost all interest.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 26th June 2023 at 14:55.
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks