Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 14:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The store in-charge was Mr Manju (if I remember correctly).

Rohan
Was this at the Wilson Garden outlet or at Tyre Professionals outlet?

There's a Manju at the Tyre Professionals outlet who is super patient/helpful and always with a smile.
Old 28th June 2023, 10:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update: I got a call from Mr Moshin, who is the store manager. He told that he received information regarding this incident from some team-bhp members, who are his regular customers.

He was very apologetic about the incident and has assured me of best service in the future. He appeared like a person who was very passionate about his work and the store's legacy. He told that they take customer feedback very seriously.

He also told me that he is generally available in the store, even on Sundays. But he could not be present there this Sunday because he was occupied elsewhere.

I narrated the entire incident to him, word-by-word.

To make up for the incident, he offered to pick-up the old 5th tyre+rim from my location (Electronic City) and deliver the new tyre fitted on the rim at my location. He has also promised to give a good buy back value for the old tyre, since it was practically unused.

The conversation with Mr Moshin has restored my faith in them. May be, it was just a bad day for everyone.

From next time, I will be reaching out to him and confirming his availability whenever I am visiting them in the future.

I still have the following feedback for them:
1. Customer experience should not depend on the presence/absence of the manager. Such a big business cannot be run based on individual's excellence. If the next level level staff is not capable of managing the store in the absence of the manager, better to keep the store closed on that day. It takes decades to build a reputation, but it only takes a few minutes to spoil it.
2. A big store like this cannot be dependent on BESCOM power. Power failures because of transformer bursting is a very common thing in Bangalore. They need to have enough backup power to keep the machines running in case of power failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

There's a Manju at the Tyre Professionals outlet who is super patient/helpful and always with a smile.
I visited the Wilson Garden outlet. The Manju I interacted with was not very helpful. May be, it was just a bad day for him and me.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 14:30   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

Both stores have a Manjunath (common name). My interactions with them have been helpful and only thing I see is getting their time to have a discussion on the busy days.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 09:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Update: I got a call from Mr Moshin, who is the store manager. He told that he received information regarding this incident from some team-bhp members, who are his regular customers.
Long time customer of Madhus here, right from 2006 , my Maruti 800 days. Never had anything but a great experience from them. Have interacted with Mohsin each time and he has always been professional and prompt. The workers on the ground are also well mannered and helpful. I make it a point to go during early hours when the rush is less, so maybe they have more time to dedicate and ensure a quick job. IN recent times, I have also interacted with a Mr. Joseph (as far as I can recall his name) who handles incoming customers and is also very polite and helpful.

In any case, it's good that Mohsin got in touch and did his best to rectify the experience. Hopefully your next experience will be better.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th June 2023 at 09:56.
Old 17th September 2023, 21:33   #80
BHPian

Had been to Madhus Wilson Garden, on Saturday, to update my EcoSport shoes to MRF Perfinza; along with SensAiry TPMS.

As always, it was a Pleasant experience; right from Mr. Joseph (hope I got his name right), to the Tyre Professionals involved. They explained every detail from the TPMS install to the tyre mount and balancing. I was in and out in quick time.

Thanks to You and Your team, Nikhil.

PS: The waiting lounge facilities are so good, was tempted to use the Gaming Console for the rest of the day
PPS: Drove to Chennai today and noticed a vast difference from the stock GoodYear - the Perfinza's are a lot silent, grippier and confidence-inspiring.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Went to Madhus yesterday for changing the tyres on my 6-years old Superb. Though the mileage was low, and there was good tread depth, the Apollo Aspire 4G had become hard, and developing hair cracks on the top of the sidewalls.
Met with Mohsin and he was very helpful.
Learnt that Michelin has got the import licence 10 days or so back, so they have Michelin P4 ST in 215/55R17 and PS4 in 225/50R17 Also showed me Pirelli P7 with self-sealing, Yokohama and Bridgestone in stock size.
The PS4 would have lowered the GC by 5mm, and I finally went with the P4 ST. They did a good job with WB and WA. The only downside was that the store was very crowded when I reached in the evening, so had to wait for a longish time as they worked through the cars.

On the 25km drive back, the ride felt more pliant, much lower tyre noise, but then the immediate reference was the hardened Apollo tyres. Hope the P4 ST performs great!

Last edited by lancer_rit : 2nd November 2023 at 10:24.
Old 16th December 2023, 12:51   #82
BHPian

Does Madhus not give free balancing and alignment when all 4 tyres are being purchased from them?
Old 16th December 2023, 18:14   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Does Madhus not give free balancing and alignment when all 4 tyres are being purchased from them?
I don't think so, cost of tyres is quoted separately and the balancing/alignment part is separate. Only tyre installation part is covered in the cost. Everything is invoiced separately and the services get a different bill.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 13:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

I was at Madhu's in December 2023 to fix a puncture on my RR310. They offered two kinds of services -

1. The usual puncture strip
2. The mushroom patch

The mushroom patch is known to be better. So I asked them to go ahead with it. I was told it would cost Rs.600 and would take around an hour. Very professional with their work and had all the tools necessary to do a clean job.

However, once the puncture was done, he told me balancing might be needed since the tyre was removed from the wheel. The paranoid person that I am, I asked him to go head. He checked for imbalances but it was already balanced. It all lasted all of 30 seconds. But I was still charged Rs.500 for it. That left a sour taste in my mouth. He could have told me about the balancing requirement while explaining the mushroom patch procedure. Plus, it didn't require balancing at all. Charging Rs.500 for what happened to be checking the balance felt like a rip-off.

All in all, a bittersweet experience. Top marks for quality of work. But I do feel there is room for improvement in terms of transparency of communication.

Total cost was Rs.1208 (Rs.600 for the puncture, 18% GST for this, Rs.500 for the balancing)
ashwin.terminat is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks