Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 6th November 2020, 19:41   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)

Disclaimer: I have never met the owner of this place, I have just spoken to him on the phone and obviously I have no commercial interest in this place. I paid for my service and didnt get anything free.

As usual, this is only my experience. Car washing is such a subjective thing that everyone's experience may vary. My own experience between car washes could vary, so please be prepared for that.

I usually patronise Feynlab HSR layout for a car wash but since that closed down, I have been visiting the Felicity Detailing Studio in Central Bangalore. Sometimes that is a bit far for me to get to.

A fellow blue vRS owner got his car ceramic coated and the car looks amazing even after a couple of years. I asked him where he got the job done and he guided me to Akshay, the owner of Quadra 4 Detailing Studio in J P Nagar.

Spoke to Akshay and he was very pleasant over the phone. Made an appointment to visit him on Wednesday morning. Akshay had told me earlier that he normally reaches the store later in the day. And that particular day, he was feeling a bit under the weather and so he called me to tell me that he couldnt come that day to the detailing studio.

I reached a bit earlier than usual and unfortunately, they also opened a little bit later than usual. I didnt mind however, I wasnt in any tearing hurry.

My car had completed a 4000 km drive through Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra and Gujarat and needed a wash very badly. More than the exterior, the interior was filthy with dust and mud everywhere.

Address: Quadra 4 Car Care Experts

Munivenkatppa Layout, Bilekahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076

https://goo.gl/maps/EAw8zqSpwC8wQy1t8

Contact Person: Mr Akshay Ranganath

Phone number: +919900997200

Services offered
Car Wash and Wax
Paint Protection Film
Full polishing
Paint correction and detailing.
Ceramic Coating.

My experience:

The place looks narrow at the entrance but it opens up quite nicely inside. It is a very spacious place to get the work done. They can easily work on multiple cars at any given time.

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4775.jpg

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4785.jpg

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4786.jpg

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4787.jpg

The actual detailing and PPF application studio is quite clean and well maintained. It isnt completely sealed but the plastic curtains they use are quite heavy thick.

Quadra 4 has partnered with Gyeon and they use Gyeon products. Not sure which brand of PPF they use.

The work on my car was done quite well. They first removed all the floor mats and the boot mat. They vacuumed the interior of the car very thoroughly. I couldnt take good pictures of the dirt and dust inside the car, but trust me, it was a TON!

The guy vacuuming it did a fantastic job and I can easily say that there was not even a spec of dust once he was done. He vacuumed the seats and then the boot as well. I have rarely seen my boot that clean!

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4789.jpg

After that, it was time to park the car inside the wet washing bay. The guy, Harish, properly rinsed off all the dirt with the pressure washer. He did a very thorough job. Under the front and rear bumpers, wheel arches, everything was done thoroughly.

Soon after, he sprayed the foam through the foam cannon and coated the entire car with a thick layer of foam.

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4795.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4796.jpg

Another guy, Chandan, started with a wash cloth and started washing the car. He seems to be a bit new and made some small mistakes but when I pointed it out to him, he was open to feedback and made the required corrections.

He cleaned the car thoroughly exactly as per my instructions and then used the pressure washer to rinse off the car.

While he was washing the car, Harish took a brush and cleaned the floor mats thoroughly and the wheels and tyres. They both did a great job and after the final rinse, the water beading was excellent.

This only showed that the ceramic coating and the overcoat I had applied were still holding up well. It also showed that all the dust and dirt had been washed away thoroughly.

While drying the car, they brought a few microfibre cloths. These were dry but somehow I felt they were a bit rough. It is possible that the really soft ones were still wet from the previous day's work.

Since I am very particular about what cloth is used on my car, I requested them to use my own microfibre cloths which I carry in my car.

They agreed and started the process of wiping down my car. They were happy to allow me to spray the Kamikaze Overcoat on the wet car before wiping it down.

They did a proper job of wiping the car down and in my eyes, the before and after images of the car were very very different.

Harish and another guy (sorry, forgot his name) did a fantastic job of wiping down the interior as well. They cleaned the interior wiping down the door pads, leather parts of the seats, dashboard, ICE screen, cluster, steering wheel, everything perfectly.

It was really hard to find a single spec of dust anywhere.

Here are some before and after pictures of the car.

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4778.jpg

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4783.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4784.jpg

AFTER

Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4804.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4805.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4806.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4810.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4811.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4812.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4814.jpg
Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)-img_4819.jpg

Conclusion:

I am quite happy with the service given at this place. The rates are also quite reasonable.

Akshay's father was standing around the whole time supervising the work and ensuring the customers were happy. I appreciate that even at his age, he wasnt just sitting inside the office but he was standing and an active member of the team.

I think I will be a regular visitor here over the next few months whenever I get lazy to wash my car myself.

Many car shampoos dont go well with my car's coating. I find them sometimes a bit hazy or they leave some sort of residue which reduces the gloss of my car's coating. Whatever Quadra 4 is using, it was perfect. With the coating of Overcoat, my car is looking better than ever and I am genuinely very happy with the way my car looks right now.

For anyone in South Bangalore, I highly recommend a visit to this place at least for a car wash. And if you need a ceramic coating or PPF, they also do that. They seem to be working on a lot of high end cars and the photos on Instagram look aamzing. So, clearly they are well trained and professional.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 13:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)

There is another Quadra 4 detailing studio which is also in JP Nagar, though at a different location (near Brigade Millenium). The address is 184, Brigade Millenium Rd, Lakshmi Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Arekere, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076.

Any idea if both these are owned and operated by the same people, or are these independent of each other?
Old 27th November 2020, 13:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Detailing & Ceramic Coating : Quadra4 Detailing Studio (J P Nagar, Bangalore)

Your car is looking drop dead gorgeous, Nikhil. Great job be Quadra4 & of course the previous ceramic coating! Thanks for the detailed post

Most Viewed