Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 16:30   #16
BHPian

re: PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

This has been a pending review post for sometime!

I took delivery of my Mahindra XUV300 on Nov 4th, 2021. It is my first car ownership and of course, the first baby is always pampered!

Even before buying the car, I was already searching for paint protection solutions because as an enthusiast I used to pay attention to other car owners using rags to clean their rides (made my heart squirm!). Thanks to this thread, the first (and only) place that I called was Krithi Car Care.

The Consult

Mr. Krishna Prasad (or KP) asked me to drop by on Nov 6th which was a Sunday. I had a drive planned on that day so thought I'll drop in straight after the drive for a quick consult with the expert in business. Within 2 minutes, KP was able to find out a bunch of paint defects that we had completely missed during the stockyard PDI. However, when he said these are common defects that aren't spared even on a Merc, I was feeling a little better. Thanks to KP, there is one particular paint drop defect on my car's bonnet that I now fondly consider as a birthmark!

He explained the process in detail on how everything works and what are the limitations with full transparency. It wasn't a sales pitch, rather just two BHPians talking about cars and paints.

After the discussion, we decided to go with full PPF (except the roof where the ceramic coating would be sufficient). However, we were still a bit skeptical since it was going way out of our budget. We thought about deciding on it after going home so we headed back.

And that's when the banger happened. On bumper-to-bumper traffic in KR Puram, the Swift in front of me stopped abruptly (some guy on a bike had jumped from an alley) and I ended up rear-ending the Swift. Thankfully, nothing happened to anyone except for our XUV300 lapping up a few scratches on the front left bumper - exactly the kind of use for a PPF. It reinforced the fact that protection to the car is almost impossible to be guaranteed.

I called KP and told him about the incident. He saw the pictures and said it is easily fixable. He agreed to get it done and then do the PPF.

I dropped the car on 7th Nov and got it back on 10th Nov. They typically only need 2.5 days, however, the additional time was required because of the paint correction work.
KP also suggested to get a leather and plastic trim coating done for the interiors as an add-on. The W8(O) variant gets Ivory White interiors and it'd be a pain to maintain them. So this was certainly an excellent add-on to have!

Some pictures!

This is the car from the stockyard for reference
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211030_174245.jpg

The scratches I managed to give the car!
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211107_175721.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211107_175704.jpg

All scratches fixed! Yay!! Thankfully, these weren't deep because the speeds were less than 10kmph
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211112_154212.jpg

PPF done, the car in all its glory!
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211112_154117.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211112_154241.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20211112_154735.jpg

Pros
  • Very straightforward dealing - no beating around the bush. The facts are presented straight to you, logically. KP will give a very detailed explanation with proofs.
  • Excellent attention to detail and workmanship! KP and his team love what they do and do this with passion. It's not a job for them.
  • They directly procure their PPF material and hence have complete control over the quality
  • They also do an inspection after 2-weeks to iron out some issues that are expected to come

Cons
  • It is a bit on the expensive side; but they don't call themselves "cheap/affordable" either. This is a premium offering.
  • The facility is a bit small. I was lucky to get a quick appointment but may not be the case for everyone. In any case, KP said they are moving to a bigger facility soon.

Overall, 10/10 would recommend. If the car ownership is important to you then give your car this treatment. If you're confused, I'd suggest having a conversation with Mr. Krishna Prasad and he'll guide you.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 21:50. Reason: As requested
krishnakumar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 15:47   #17
BHPian

Sharing my recent experience with Krithi Car Care.

Short summary :
They are extremely good i.e. technical know-how of the work, how they do the work and how they handle customers. It doesn’t feel like you are doing a business transaction with them rather feels like you are talking to someone who is passionate about what they do and they are also equally interested in making sure your car is taken well care of. I recommend them 100%.

Detailed post :
I wanted to get some detailing done on my 3 year old XUV 500. The car overall is in well maintained condition (from both exterior and interior) as it was maintained under a 3M car care maintenance package for initial 3 years. In the last 3 years Bangalore traffic, it had accumulated some scratches and I started searching and reading reviews of good detailing shops in Bangalore. Found this thread and decided to go with Krithi car care based on the feedback here and I am happy that I made the right decision. Many thanks to all the members and also to our fellow Bhpian Arun Josie for sharing various details in this thread.

I wanted to discuss the details beforehand with them (what could be fixed and what can’t etc) so that when I go there we don’t have much to discuss and we can get going with the work. I started discussing the details with Meena who is a co-founder/co-owner of the business along with Krishna (KP) as mentioned by other folks on the thread. Meena was extremely helpful and quick to respond to all my queries and then we agreed upon a day when I shall come to them. I reached on the planned day/time and they had a look the scratches, quick discussion on what can be done as I wanted the car to be given back to me the same day (was not in a position to leave it overnight) and they were ready to start the work. I met both of them (Meena & Krishna) at the shop and they are extremely knowledgeable, explained the various things in detail, and are friendly and customer oriented people. The staff they have is also has good experience, knows what they are doing, extremely polite and handles your car with care and are very thorough in their work.

There is a video they have put up on their Facebook page about the detailing work they have done on my XUV500. I am posting the link below but I am not sure if it violates any TBHP post conditions. To MODS : Please feel free to remove this link if needed and apologies in advance if it is a violation.

As you can see in that video, the have done an extremely good job. Just fabulous !

Note: They have plans of moving to a much bigger place close-by (near Manyata Tech park) and I wish them all the very best for their future. I am sure they will go places.

Sharing some pictures of the scratches.

Minor ones (first 3 pics) : These scratches were completely removed through polishing and detailing work they did.

Deep ones (last picture) : As the paint is completely gone in these, these require a paint work and the process takes times. I need to leave the vehicle at their place for 1 day at a minimum to get these fixed. Since currently I am not in position to leave my vehicle overnight with them, I am planning to get these fixed after 3-4 months once corona is completely gone.
Attached Thumbnails
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-1.png  

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-3.jpg  

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-2.jpg  

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-4.jpg  

Last edited by viscosity : 1st March 2022 at 15:51.
viscosity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 16:49   #18
BHPian

Recently got the PPF done for my XUV 700. It was a pleasure to work with them. Both Ms. Meena, and Mr. Krishna were very professional, and friendly. They listened to my requirements in detailed, and suggested the best option. They did not upsell any unnecessary work. My car required a lot prep work, but they did not charge extra.

The quality of the work is very good. There are 2-3 small air bubbles, but those were in very difficult areas. So, I'm absolutely delighted with the work. Will highly recommend them.

Recently, they shifted their premises. The approach road to the new shop isn't confidence inspiring, but rest assured, the folks at Kirthi take good care of your vehicle.
buzzy_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 22:14   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

They have moved to a new facility and it is much bigger and spacious than the earlier one. This new setup is not completely finished yet, it may take a week or two more.

I got the interior cleaning, glass coating and a water wash done here. This location is near Manyata Tech Park.

Here is a pic of this new facility,

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-whatsapp-image-20220724-10.00.35-pm.jpeg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-whatsapp-image-20220724-10.10.16-pm.jpeg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-3.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 08:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats to Krishna and Meena. Share the location please?
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I got the interior cleaning, glass coating and a water wash done here. This location is near Manyata Tech Park.
Do they also offer car wash as well? I see you mentioned water wash so i am assuming its a full blown car wash.
If that's the case can you share the prices as well.I stay in Hennur and at times when the vehicle is full of gunk i prefer to get it washed outside but finding a reliable detailer is a challenge.
Might pay them a visit for regular washes then
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 13:05   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Do they also offer car wash as well? I see you mentioned water wash so i am assuming its a full blown car wash.
If that's the case can you share the prices as well.I stay in Hennur and at times when the vehicle is full of gunk i prefer to get it washed outside but finding a reliable detailer is a challenge.
Might pay them a visit for regular washes then
I am not very sure about it. I am an existing customer, so they don't mind doing a car wash. Their normal advise is to keep the number of washes low. Anyways, you can check with him, he is a bhpian too.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congrats to Krishna and Meena. Share the location please?
This is their location,https://g.page/krithicarcare?share
Old 19th August 2022, 13:22   #24
BHPian

Is there a recommendation to do ceramic coat before installing PPF? Main benefit mentioned is that it will help during removal process of PPF whenever needed without damaging the car paint.
Old 19th August 2022, 13:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Is there a recommendation to do ceramic coat before installing PPF? Main benefit mentioned is that it will help during removal process of PPF whenever needed without damaging the car paint.
No, not at all. PPF needs to be applied on pure paint with nothing else.

If you put a ceramic coat, then PPF will just peel off with no adhesion, since ceramic will provide hydroponic later, which defeats the purpose.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd August 2022 at 04:31. Reason: Typos
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 13:00   #26
BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
Also the car has some minor scratches. When I enquired about Toyota’s paint correction they only recommended against it saying the car won’t get the same shine and 90% of scratches will go away with polishing. Has anyone tried repainting services on Camry?
Hi Anvay,
I am a proud owner of a 2011 Corolla Altis. Through the years and thanks to Bangalore traffic, the car had its set of skirmishes. (Skirmishes only ).
However, that meant, I had the front bumper and front fender repainted a couple of times, at Nandi Toyota and once at Trends.
However, over the year, that meant irregular weathering and now the car looked like a melange of colors/shades.

Dropped the car off at Krithi Car Care with Krishna behind Manyata for a full body respray.
https://krithicarcare.com/contact
Here's the work in progress in the booth, after the base coat. We had 3 layers of clear on top of that.
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20220924_205613.jpg

The main reason being Krishna having a state of the art paintbooth and amazing colormatching skills.

I will do a final reveal thread shortly, where you can sample the rest of the brilliance.

Anyways, happy motoring.

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 10th October 2022 at 13:17. Reason: added the link
aqualeo2040 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 13:36   #27
BHPian

Felt it was high time I updated what's been happening with my Jet which will turn 9 in a few months, but done only 45k. In short, she's running beautifully without any major hiccups except for having to skim my brake discs because of uneven wear.

I had also got a Gyeon coating done by Kirthi Car Care (NKrishnap) end of 2018 which is still going strong after 4 years and without any maintenance coat. The only thing that I have been doing once in about 6 months is to use a clay pad to remove any residue. Dust removal is using a Jopasu, and post that if a wipe is required I use the two hand method of a wet followed by a dry microfiber towel.

Name:  Gyeon 2018.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  350.2 KB
When it just arrived after the Ceramic Coating

Name:  Gyeon 2022.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  382.6 KB
Pic taken this yesterday

Name:  Gyeon 4th yr.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  480.4 KB
Spot the car contest

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-water-beading-2022.jpg
Water beading this morning
keroo1099 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 09:59   #28
BHPian

Their website mentions regular servicing as well. Does anyone have experience on the servicing at Kriti car care? I have lost confidence on company service centers and want to try an FNG. If not Kritis, any other recommendation of a good FNG for Maruti DZire anywhere near to Hebbal, Kalyan Nagar etc.,?
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 00:17   #29
BHPian

I have got my wife's Getz detailed and serviced at Krithi, and it was a pleasant experience. Few months ago my Linea got rear ended and the damage (55000 INR claim) was repaired at Krithi. The car looks perfect like new now. The best part is, they have superb paint matching, so one can't spot the difference between factory finish and the refinished surfaces.

Last edited by autocrat : 26th January 2023 at 00:18. Reason: Spelling correction
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 20:20   #30
BHPian

Wanted to get a mix of ppf and ceramic coating for my new Compass as it was being delivered. Wanted to try out Kirthi Car Care based on all the good reviews here, even though its a good 1 hr away from me. Initial questions were quickly handled, but when I asked for a rough idea of the expense involved there was a marked lack of response, even after repeated requests. Finally got Nano protective coating done from Reflecton. My second car with them and pretty happy with the services.
sparks4077 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks