Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2020, 21:32   #1
BHPian

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

Hi all, I had got my new car about a month or so ago. Many of you kind folks suggested that I get some kind of coating done to preserve the lovely black colour. Some of you recommended Krithi Car Care, so I decided to look them up. The rest of the post is a summary of my experience with them. Note that I have no connection with them and am writing this review purely as a customer.

Vendor Details

Vendor: Krithi Car Care
Address: Sri, No 448, Ground Floor, Sri Vivekananda Vilas, Southern Building Service Road, 4th Block, HBR layout, Brindavan Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043, India
Contact Person: Mr. Krishna Prasad
Phone: + 91 91484 74646
Email: customerservice@krithiautomobiles.com
Services provided: PPF, ceramic coating for body / glass / interiors, paint detailing, painting and maintenance services.
Services I used: PPF and ceramic coating

Summary

The good:
- Transparent - they will listen to you and suggest a solution based on your usage. You can also drop by and see the work happening at any time.
- Passionate owners - they will explain exactly what is going to be done with a lot of detail (sometimes too much detail).
- Good work - they did a good job on my car and we were very happy with the work done.

The bad:
- Pricey, they only have one quality of PPF (which is good but expensive).
- Limited space in the workshop, cars will be driven in and out to make space for the ones they are working on.

Overall: positive, will recommend them with no hesitation

Initial meeting

I used their website and sent them an email asking for a meeting. I promptly got a reply back from Mr. Krishna Prasad and spoke to him on the phone. It turns out that he is very familiar with Team-BHP too!

He asked me a number of questions regarding my parking status (covered or open), type of driving (highway / city), etc. Then he gave me a good idea of the types of paint protection possible (ceramic coating of various types, paint protection film, etc.). After some discussion (some of which was very technical and I confess, went over my head), I decided to drop by and meet him.

I took my car to his workshop in HBR Layout a couple of days later and met him and his business partner, Ms. Meena. He showed us videos of his work as well as a couple of cars that they were working on (including a very nice looking Jeep Compass in red). Everything looked very good and they were open about the process and limitations of the procedures. They took detailed measurements of the car and figured out the amounts of PPF needed. We had a discussion on the various options possible, which we finally boiled down to two:

- Full PPF on all outer areas, ceramic coating on the rest (glass, sunroof and certain small areas where PPF would lead to a lot of wastage)
- PPF only on critical parts and ceramic coating on the rest

I got a couple of estimates based on these options.

After some discussions, I spoke with my wife as well. We agreed that although PPF was costly, it made more sense for us because we really love the black colour and didn't really want it to be spoiled by scratches and stuff. Also, I was hoping that the PPF would protect us from small scrapes in traffic and parking, etc. Having spent money on a good-looking car, it made sense to spend a bit more and preserve the good looks as much as possible.

We finalized the PPF-where-possible option and decided to drop off the car the next Monday, since it would take 4-5 days for the process. The package included:

- PPF on all outer areas
- ceramic coating on the remaining outer areas (glass, sunroof, exterior trims and alloy wheels)
- ceramic coating on the interiors

We had to drive to Trichy over the weekend for some work, and the car came back somewhat dirty (due to the light rain and slush on the roads). Mr. Krishna asked us not to clean the car since they had to clean it up anyway.

Work done

Come Monday morning, we dropped off the car. An inspection under the lights showed a few scratches (already!) and some paint swirls. We would have loved to stay and see the entire process at work, but work called and so we left it all in the capable hands of Mr. Krishna and his team.

He did send us a few pictures (and videos) of the work as it happened.

Car being washed before processing:
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pre_wash.jpg

PPF being added:
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_adding_the_ppf.jpg

On Friday morning, we took an auto to the workshop to pick up our car. Our first reaction was: wow! You can see it for yourselves in the pictures.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pic1.jpeg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pic2.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pic3.jpg

A couple of pictures provided by Mr. Krishna (with much nicer bokeh effects).
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pic4.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-screenshot-20201228-101203.png

I think I like this picture the best:

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf_pic6.jpg

I had added an L marker with insulation tape. Ms. Meena kindly got us a good quality L marker with glue that won't hurt the glass. We also got a pair of micro-fibre cloths to clean the car with. These little things made us happier with the service.

Two weeks later, we took the car for an inspection. The PPF was checked thoroughly and there were no issues. We also got a free car wash and some shampoo to use while cleaning the car. Mr. Krishna also kindly installed the dashcam and a little Ganesha (which I had brought with me) for us.

All in all, we had a very satisfactory experience with Krithi Car Care and would recommend them to anyone looking for detailed paint protection for their cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th December 2020 at 10:12. Reason: Fixing an image :)
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 08:13   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
Old 28th December 2020, 09:57   #3
BANNED

Great work there nkrishnap.

Maintaining a black car is a real pain and takes a lot of effort. Not an easy task but if done correctly, will look pristine even after couple years of usage.

@QuadraticAmoeba: Your car is looking ravishing post the detailing job. Makes me want to drive down to Bangalore to get my Creta detailed in the hands of Krishna sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Contact Person: Mr. Krishna Prasad

I promptly got a reply back from Mr. Krishna Prasad and spoke to him on the phone. It turns out that he is very familiar with Team-BHP too!
He is Distinguished-BHPian nkrishnap.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th December 2020 at 10:19.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:25   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been a customer of Krishna Prasad for a couple of years now- even before it was formally launched as Krithi Car Care. Had done a ceramic coating back in 2018 and he had done a fantastic job on a 5 year old black car. In spite of my below average maintenance, 2+ years down the line, the car still looks good.

This year had availed their service twice, both for a regular wash and interior cleaning.

Apart from being happy with the quality of the work and the longevity of it(pictures below), as mentioned by the OP, appreciate the transparency and detailed explanation on what can be done, what is recommended and how it is done.

Some pictures:

Post the ceramic coating(It was from Opti Coat at that time). Car was ~5 years old at this time.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ventooct20180.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ventooct20181.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ventooct20182.jpg

Couple of pics from late 2019

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-vento2019.jpeg
PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-vento2019-2.jpeg

This is a most recent picture after a regular wash done when the car completed 7 years.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-vento2020.jpg

Rajeevraj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 12:28   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Services provided: PPF, ceramic coating for body / glass / interiors, paint detailing, painting and maintenance services.
Although this particular outlet of Krithi Car Care is exclusively for detailing, they also do undertake service and repair near RT Nagar. This has been of great help to a FIAT owner like me who is not spoilt for good service options.

Services I have availed from Krishna Prasad -

1. Alternator replacement @ 1.71L kms.
2. Regular Service + EGR, Inlet Manifold & Intercooler cleaning + Glow Plugs replacement @ 1.8L kms.
3. Engine Mount replacement + Minor accident Damage Repair @ 1.81L kms.
4. Regular Service + Suspension Strut replacement @ 1.9L kms.
5. Friendly neighbourhood RSA for a stranded me thanks to a broken battery terminal wire @ 1.93L kms.

With regards to painting and detailing services offered, although I'm yet to get the car detailed from Krithi Car Care - here are the pics (before and after) from the repainting service availed. Car was 8 years, 1.81L kms old then.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20190703_141255.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20190711_163006.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20190711_162929.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:14   #6
BHPian

I have been an old customer of Krithi car care even before the outlet was opened. My Figo's PDI during purchase was done with Krishna's help. He had done the detailing of the car 4 years ago and car had no professional detailing/cleaning done after that apart from regular washes. Car has retained its shine intact even now.
Had the opportunity to visit Krithi car care on 30th December 2020 to get the car serviced as Krithi car care also offers multi brand car servicing.

Below were the works carried out.

1. Full car check and service
2. Engine oil change to Mobil1 synthetic oil 5W30
3. All filters replacement including Engine air filter, Cabin air filter and Fuel filter

Car now runs like new and feels better as I know work carried out is done to customer's and staff's satisfaction too. What I have seen at the Krithi car care is all the staff share the passion for cars just like their owners. You get a feeling that they aren't pushy like regular service centers and work is done only when something is really needed.
Attaching few pics of my ride to show how the shine has been even after 4 years of detailing.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img20201231wa0016.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img20201231wa0015.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th January 2021 at 22:08. Reason: Updated oil grade as requested
kptraveller is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the Ceramic coating and also the self-healing paint protection film(Hexis BodyFence PPF) on the bonnet and bumper @ Krithi Car Care. They did an excellent job. This was done some time around June 2019.

Here are some pics after 19 months and 45K Kms since the Ceramic coating and PPF was applied.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-3.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-4.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-5.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-6.jpg

PPF was mainly done to avoid paint chips due to the stone hits when on the highways. Before applying the PPF, I had already got few paint chips. With the bright red exterior, such chips were showing up very prominently. PPF definitely helped avoid further such damages.

Also, it helped when I grazed a metal gate. Some part of the PPF peeled off but thankfully there was no damage to the paint. Today they did some patch work on the damaged part and now it looks as good as new. Of course, anyone with hawk eyes can figure it out.

Here is a pic taken before this patch work

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf1.jpg

After the patch work

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf2.jpg

Looks almost perfect in pic.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-ppf3.jpg

Overall, I am a happy customer of Krithi Car Care.
arun_josie is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 19:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I got the Ceramic coating and also the self-healing paint protection film(Hexis BodyFence PPF) on the bonnet and bumper
Quick question, as you got PPF only on bumper and bonet, have you noticed any colour mismatch between PPF covered areas and non-PPF areas of your vehicle?
Old 1st February 2021, 22:00   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Quick question, as you got PPF only on bumper and bonet, have you noticed any colour mismatch between PPF covered areas and non-PPF areas of your vehicle?
No, I don't see any difference between the PPF part and the non PPF part. Also, no one has pointed out any difference so far. I think the quality of the PPF matters a lot and the workmanship especially when we go for partial PPF.
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:26   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a chance to render services from Krithi Car Care recently for a friend's brand new Hector. I first communicated with Krishna about the intent and later he got back with the options suitable for my friend's requirements.

I spoke to Arun who had recently got PPF done for his car who was totally satisfied with the work and hence I had to look nowhere else. Plus, this one gave an opportunity to meet Krishna after almost 3 years since we had last met .

The jobs carried out were full body PPF and Avery Dennison wrap for the top half. This is because my friend badly wanted a dual tone but it wasn't available in stock anytime soon when my friend wanted. Hence wrap was the way to go and boy, we weren't disappointed with the final outcome.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-00ed32633c7a42498ffcda5ce3d2ad8b.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-04cea32d69494d7eb505137916fb66b1.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-5f5f9bf81a19416da47e37ddca077231.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-6af51f6da4e54af39b3ec7a81e9fef63.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-8e54c2e405b64d17a25112fc57b4786a.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-62364b4cbc914039bc287b3e5bcf4c55.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-a6db739881104723a0ed667593dafa43.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-e0fea305813a4a1b8ad0fca1f3b26a16.jpg

Overall, I must say that the job execution was professional and commitment to deliver on time too was impeccable. Krishna was clear that they will need at least 3 full days for proper work and the car was ready by the evening on the 3rd day!

Incidentally, there were 2 classics (one that just arrived) here for full restoration too and am sure they will see their glory days soon:

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-5af97dd867d441e2b171bbaaad759e9a.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-2181d481dc3c4c0890e9d762e6aa1ea9.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:11   #11
BHPian

My new car is coming in the 1st week of April. I'm thinking of getting the PPF done.
Will I have to leave my car with Krithi for a few days?

Is it possible for them to complete the job within a day?

Regards
Old 23rd March 2021, 13:36   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
My new car is coming in the 1st week of April. I'm thinking of getting the PPF done.
Will I have to leave my car with Krithi for a few days?

Is it possible for them to complete the job within a day?

Regards
Best to reach out to Krishna directly please, instead of asking this forum. His contacts are in the first post.
Old 23rd March 2021, 13:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Will I have to leave my car with Krithi for a few days? Is it possible for them to complete the job within a day?
Congrats on your new car! What car are you buying?

As far as I know, it takes more than a day, maybe 3-4 days. Best to talk to them directly (contact info in the first post).

Last edited by QuadraticAmoeba : 23rd March 2021 at 13:41. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 30th March 2021, 19:32   #14
BHPian

Cleaned the car this afternoon and randomly clicked a pic of the beading on the hood. Amazed that the coating has held up for close to two years without any top up maintenance, except for a quick claying session done about a week ago.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-gyeon-after-2-years-r.jpg
keroo1099 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:12   #15
BHPian

Krithi Car Care's name is in trouble. I think they have to rethink their name soon again cause it's not cars only anymore but they have been doing splendid work on bikes too.

I recently picked up a Honda CBR 650R and the work that they did was absolutely brilliant. He is a fellow rider, recommended by many and was recommended by the dealership as well, if I was looking for quality work. I was warned though that he has an OCD towards perfection and I took it quite positively to my benefit and went to his setup the very next day after the day of delivery.

I left the bike there for 3 days although the work was done in the promised 2.5 days.

The work done was the following :

1. Neat removal of few factory stickers as was requested by me.
2. Complete PPF layering on painted panels
3. Ceramic coating on non painted panels

Krishna, as always, added a bit more to the promised service and got the following done

a. Matte ceramic coating on my helmet
b. Hydrophobic layering on the helmet visor to keep the rain away

It's like easter eggs in real !!

Some pics after the job well done.

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20210903_10215501.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img_20210903_125111_bokeh01.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-img20210903wa0026.jpg

The execution on the application of the PPF was just immaculate with the edges neatly tucked behind the panels. If you go to even some well known brands for PPF, they would not open the panels, but put it from the top itself, leaving the edges exposed which generally peels off. Also, applying at those constrained angle leads to the possibility of stretch marks which is a scar you need to live with. The way out is to painstakingly remove all panels, apply the PPF layers in a stable setup for the best results and then put the panels back perfectly. This requires a lot of time and necessary tools and skills to do it right. I understood the warning that was given to me of his OCD towards perfection.

The ceramic coating makes the whole bike quite hydrophobic in nature as well and I do not see dust settling down due to it's smoothness. I rode back over rain and the bike was slightly dirty with mud strewn over here and there and all I needed to get it back to perfect shape was water and couple of microfiber clothes and presto !!

I would highly recommend his service and remember, he is a perfect example of 'Do not judge the book by it's cover' as he has made it a point to not invest in a fancy setup and pass the cost to the customers but has kept it down to bare essentials while giving most importance to well remunerate the team that works for him who all speak the same language of perfection while respecting the vehicle diligently. Krishna does not allow anyone to even sit on the bike, leave aside starting cause he respects ones decision to trust him with their priced possession.

Good to see quality service without compromise mushrooming in India.

Special shout out to Meena, Krishna's colleague, who saw the bike and immediately figured out that something was different from the 2019 edition. It was the stickering. She is actively involved in the whole setup and is quite hands on. So is her little daughter who in all means will turn out to be an auto aficionado growing among well treated vehicles.

I am quite interested in few other projects brewing in his setup which is restoring some classics, inside out, and will look forward to the completion of those. He is into complete restoration and body work as well.

I already have few friends lined up for his service after seeing his work on my bike. Nothing like word of mouth campaign, well deserved, for a work done well.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 3rd September 2021 at 20:35.
abhisheksircar is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks