Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 13:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Place to Refill Nitrogen Gas in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Guys, I have a query about Nitrogen. I completed the 24 month service of my Alto yesterday and the MSM guys have filled Nitrogen in the tyres after doing wheel rotation/balancing/alignment. I came to know of this only while leaving and thought it was complimentary, but saw a charge of Rs 125.00 for this after reaching home!

a) How periodically should one check the pressure if Nitrogen is filled? I check air pressure once a week for free at the Shell station, so this is a waste of money. But having paid Rs 125.00, I don't want to waste it and am curious to see if it really works!

b) I will definitely not refill Nitrogen @ Rs 25.00 per wheel and will go to Shell for filling air once the "wait" period is over! Will I have to deflate the tyres fully before refilling or can I just fill air as usual?

I did not notice any difference in ride or handling or tyre noise after this, and would not have known about it had they not told me!

All the other threads under this topic are locked, so Mods please excuse for posting this here.
- With a daily running of 50 kms, I refill once in 3 weeks. I fill upto 33 PSI. It drops to anything between 28 and 30 PSI.

- Air and Nitrogen can be mixed

- The difference is mostly subjective. It only depends on the individual if he needs Nitrogen or not. Personally, I prefer Nitrogen over air.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Where exactly is Green cars located in Koramangala?
Directions from Sony World junction pls..

I do my refills (once every 2 months) at Total Mall on Sarajapur road!!
If you come from Koramangala BDA side then at the signal take left towards National Games Village. Go ahead around 200 mts and you will find a IOC, take the U turn there. This is the First u turn after taking the left. Next you will find a HP World, take the left. You are in front of Green Car

I also found a shop in Tippasandra Main road. This is a Tyre shop opposite to BP petrol bunk. But looks like they are charging more.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I refill once in 3 weeks. I fill upto 33 PSI. It drops to anything between 28 and 30 PSI.
I inflate my car tyres to 32 PSI every Sunday with air. If I miss out for some reason and go after 15 - 20 days, I find them at 31 or 30 PSI, similar to what you mention. How much do you pay for it?
Old 30th June 2011, 17:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I inflate my car tyres to 32 PSI every Sunday with air. If I miss out for some reason and go after 15 - 20 days, I find them at 31 or 30 PSI, similar to what you mention. How much do you pay for it?
When you say 15-20 days, how much you drive in that period ?

I pay Rs 10 per tyre for a topup.
Old 30th June 2011, 17:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

^^Not much, may be 200 KM. But the car is parked OTS and the hot sun causes the loss of pressure I think. Where do you fill?
Old 17th July 2011, 19:15   #66
BHPian

Indianoil Petrol bunk (COCO), BTM (next to Reliance Fresh) has started Nitrogen fillup.
I saw a board today while filling up that if filled up for more than 750/- N2 Topup (I don't remember seeing a complete fillup) is free.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 11:05   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

The BP petrol pump on the way to Ambedkar engineering college after taking right at nagarbhavi circle also offers nitrogen topup at Rs10 per tire.

This pump is on the left.Its about a kilometer after you take right at nagarbhavi circle.Take the road beside and below the flyover.
Old 13th November 2011, 23:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Indiranagar IOC petrol pump, opposite BDA complex.

Price per tyre is Rs 10, Fully remove air and fill N2. So for 5 tyres it will be only Rs 50. This is cheapest i have found in Bangalore.
I know that pratham motors also charge only Rs.10/- per tyre, whereas all other places are little more.

Its a good information about this place. If its the same money, then its worth it
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 21:24   #69
BHPian

Re: Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore

IOC bunk in HSR 2nd sector offers free nitrogen fill if your fuel bill is >1000 INR.

This includes a full fill also (regular air removed and nitrogen filled).
deep_bang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 23:31   #70
BHPian

Does anyone know of a place in the vicinity of electronic city?
Old 24th May 2012, 15:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

While on the way to my hometown last week, I changed to nitrogen from regular air in all 5 tyres of my Punto. Did this at an HP fuel station around 2 kms before Mandya on Bangalore-Mysore road, towards left side. The filling took around 20 minutes. All the air was removed and then was refilled with Nitrogen. Total cost came upto Rs.55 including Rs.5 as tips. (Rate Rs. 10 per tyre)
Old 24th May 2012, 16:58   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Did this at an HP fuel station around 2 kms before Mandya on Bangalore-Mysore road, towards left side. The filling took around 20 minutes.
Is this the COCO pump you saying of. The one with MacDonalds and Kamat? Rate seems to be reasonable.
Old 24th May 2012, 17:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is this the COCO pump you saying of. The one with MacDonalds and Kamat? Rate seems to be reasonable.
No, probably not that. Don't remember whether this is a COCO, but this one had a Baskin robins parlor. just before you enter Mandya town from Bangalore side, on to your left.
rate is indeed good
Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore-img_1317.jpg
Old 24th May 2012, 17:21   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, ok. The one I was saying of is some 7-8 Kms before this pump. Just asked since I have not seen Nitrogen pump there so thought they started recently. And that an BP COCO not HP pump. My bad.
Old 24th May 2012, 20:22   #75
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Gansan.
I was an unbeliever when I had my scorpio because the one time I filled Nitro and went to Ooty and back, all the tyre pressures were all over the place when I came back and checked.
Now I have started filling Nitro in the Yeti and I keep the pressure a bit more than normal at 34psi. This works well for me because of the lousy roads in Bangalore, where I get a far better ride with A, Nitro and B, higher pressure.I ve been running on Nitro for around a month and a half now, during which time the car was lying parked and unused for two full weeks when I was on holiday. On my return I checked the pressure with the tyre place that filled it up originally and found that it was exactly at the same pressure!
I think I shall stick with Nitro for now and the immediate future. It seems worth it to me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks