Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 00:30   #76
BHPian

Re: Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore

I have been using nitrogen to fill up tyres of my Vitara for last 3 years. The ride handling is much better and difference with normal air tires is noticeable. I check the tyre pressure only when I give my Vitara for service ( every 3 months) and I hardly noticed any pressure in between service stops.
Old 25th May 2012, 06:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
where I get a far better ride with A, Nitro and B, higher pressure. same pressure!
How you got a better drive using nitrogen ? would you elaborate ?

why high pressure than the manufacturer's specs ?

Used nitrogen in all of my cars and 2 wheelers, when it was first introduced, found absolutely no difference on the highway or in the city.

Pressure check was also done frequently like before. Unnecessarily expensive. A whopping 1000% more, Gain is BIG ZERO!! I pay only 5 bucks for an ordinary air fill. Some pumps dont even take the money if the fuel is tanked up.

One pump on the Kengeri Satellite town main road fills nitrogen. Its an IOC pump opposite to Shell outlet.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 25th May 2012 at 06:53.
Old 25th May 2012, 06:47   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The bad bumps of HSR layout and indeed the rest of Bangalore are better absorbed with a marginally higher pressure than I was using earlier. I used to use 32psi. My tyres are OEM Goodyear Excellence which are soft road going tyres and it used to feel quite horrible going over the lateral ditches and bumps that characterize our roads.
On changing to Nitrogen,I find the main advantage to be the fact that the pressure doesnt change because Nitrogen is inert and therefore doesnt expand or contract regardless of the temperature around.
On changing to 34 psi I find the main advantage to be that the vehicle handles the bad lateral and other bumps much much better, giving me a much more comfy ride. The higher pressure also reduces damage to my soft road going tyres.
My Fuel efficiency average in the Yeti 4x4 in city traffic with the aircon on all the time has come through at 14.4 kmpl which I think is a fantastic thing. Obviously my 34psi air pressure hasnt hurt the F E but indeed, may have some part to play in increasing it even!
For these reasons I shall stick to 34 psi and Nitrogen.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th May 2012 at 06:48.
Old 25th May 2012, 19:25   #79
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One more addition to the places for Nitrogen filling:
The HP Fuel Station campus in C V Raman Nagar (Opposite LRDE & Bagmane Tech Park) has a new Nitrogen pump installed and operational since last few days.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 18:24   #80
BHPian

Re: Place to Refill Nitrogen Gas in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
helpful for people staying near marathahalli/ORR .

Nitrogen filing availbale at Tyre empire very near the new forum mall near whitefield.

Not sure if this place has been posted before
Have any other places come up in this vicinity, lately?
Old 20th July 2012, 22:13   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Place to Refill Nitrogen Gas in Bangalore

I fill it at Bimal Service Station, Bannerghatta Road (Near Meenakshi Temple).
Old 8th October 2012, 11:59   #82
BHPian

Noticed today the filling station adjacent to Madhavan circle, 2nd Block Jayanagar offering N. The usual Rs. 10 per tyre.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

Some of the Bosch Car service have this equipment called NTI100.
1. Shri Sai Motors in JP nagar.
2. United motors in Vijaynagar.
3. Lotus motors on Mysore road near BEML.
The limiting factor of this equipment is 14 inchers, anything above this will not be filled.

Bosch is also trying out a prototype for truck at KSRTC depot in Shanthinagar with a bigger equipment.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:41   #84
BHPian

IOCL bellandur Outlet near ICICI (comes on our left after crossing Iblur junction on ORR from Silkboad to Marathalli):
Rs.10/- per tyre for cars
Old 12th October 2012, 17:31   #85
BHPian

Tyre Empire Sector-1 HSR Layout has nitrogen filling capabilities.
They charge 40 bucks a tyre when you go there for the first time and after that all top-ups are free. The guys are really good and expect a quick turnaround time.
I am not too sure if this place has already been mentioned if it has been, I apologize for the duplication.
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:39   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Tyre Empire Sector-1 HSR Layout has nitrogen filling capabilities.
They charge 40 bucks a tyre when you go there for the first time and after that all top-ups are free. The guys are really good and expect a quick turnaround time.
I am not too sure if this place has already been mentioned if it has been, I apologize for the duplication.
When the general cost in Bangalore is only Rs. 10 per tyre (free in many pumps when your bill crosses 1000 rupees - many being already discussed in this thread), isn't it too much!

Look at the evolution:
1. Normal air - Free / max. 5 rupee tip per complete fill.
2. From there, we started discussing Nitro-fill at 10 rupee per tyre, 50 in total.
3. Now, from 50 to 200 (40*5) for the same nitrogen - where are we guys heading towards???

In my view, 40 pertyre is definitely a rip-off at Tyre Empire!
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:24   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
When the general cost in Bangalore is only Rs. 10 per tyre (free in many pumps when your bill crosses 1000 rupees - many being already discussed in this thread), isn't it too much!

Look at the evolution:
1. Normal air - Free / max. 5 rupee tip per complete fill.
2. From there, we started discussing Nitro-fill at 10 rupee per tyre, 50 in total.
3. Now, from 50 to 200 (40*5) for the same nitrogen - where are we guys heading towards???

In my view, 40 pertyre is definitely a rip-off at Tyre Empire!

Yes 40 per tyre is indeed a Rip-off. Dont know if they charge 40 for refill or even top up too! The place where i fill charges 10 for refilling from scratch and Rs5 for top up per tyre. That is pretty decent i feel.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:28   #88
BHPian

Guys 40 bucks a tyre is for the first fill-up and after that all top ups are free. When I say all i mean ALL. I got my first fill-up done in April and it is October now.
Also I am one of those people who get a fill-up done every 20 days. So for me this works out quite nicely.
In about 180 days I have got atleast 10 top ups. So Rs.50 per tyre right there. I have paid just Rs.40 and this does not even include the initial Rs.10.
So essentially I have saved 20 bucks already per tyre.
The gains outstrip the loses by a huge margin.
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Guys 40 bucks a tyre is for the first fill-up and after that all top ups are free. When I say all i mean ALL. I got my first fill-up done in April and it is October now.
Also I am one of those people who get a fill-up done every 20 days. So for me this works out quite nicely.
In about 180 days I have got atleast 10 top ups. So Rs.50 per tyre right there. I have paid just Rs.40 and this does not even include the initial Rs.10.
So essentially I have saved 20 bucks already per tyre.
The gains outstrip the loses by a huge margin.
When there are several pumps that fill Nitrogen for free-of-cost in the same locality, I fail to understand how could this be a saving in general?

I am not sure regarding your home-location (if it is close-by to this shop) though. If one is staying close to this shop - it might make sense like your case.

I am also put-up in HSR, nevertheless - going to them only to get the Typre re-filled is definitely a No-No option for me. My personal choice would be to combine the Nitro-Filling along with your fuel re-fillings at one of those pumps who deliver Nitro re-fills free (one can definitely find one such on their regular commutes). This would Save some Fuel too!!

Last edited by Mister_M : 22nd October 2012 at 22:41.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
When there are several pumps that fill Nitrogen for free-of-cost in the same locality, I fail to understand how could this be a saving in general?

I am not sure regarding your home-location (if it is close-by to this shop) though. If one is staying close to this shop - it might make sense like your case.

I am also put-up in HSR, nevertheless - going to them only to get the Typre re-filled is definitely a No-No option for me. My personal choice would be to combine the Nitro-Filling along with your fuel re-fillings at one of those pumps who deliver Nitro re-fills free (one can definitely find one such on their regular commutes). This would Save some Fuel too!!
Are there any pumps in HSR offering nitrogen re-fill? I think we have only two pumps, 1 is IOC and the other HP (This one does not have nitrogen). I always end up filling at BTM layout IOC pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks