Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 02:21   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
....Do not assume that all COCO pumps are good.
True. The Tumkur Rd HP COCO (on the left after the JAS toll booth) may be selling adulterated fuel. Filled there twice and was not too happy the second time.
Old 6th April 2010, 07:18   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Latheesh : I repeat, any good PUMPs near BTM 1/2 stage? :-)
IOC bunk between watertank & Jayadeva flyover, near the Reliance fresh outlet. It's a COCO, 24 hours, and has been consistent.

Quote:
rohan_iitr : Any trusted pumps in Koramangala ? How is the Indian Oil pump opposite Passport Office ?
Try the other IOC bunk near the BMTC depot.

Last edited by condor : 6th April 2010 at 07:21.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:04   #198
BHPian

Fairly reliable pumps in North Bangalore:
1. IOC on New BEL Rd - filled a small qty just a while back and am quite happy with the way the car feels.
2. HP pump just before the Sahakarnagar turnoff on the way to BIAL. Used to be a regular here. They also have a nitrogen filler.

There is an IBP pump on Sanjaynagar main Rd which is best avoided. They use every trick in the book to cheat you. I'd rather push my car to the next pump than fill there. The HP pump adj. to Cauvery is best avoided unless its an emergency. The are masters of the 'distract and shortchange' technique. Of course, once long back, I was given back 50Rs when I paid with a 100 for 2l of petrol (about 85Rs back then) so they are also a bunch of idiots.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:23   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
IOC bunk between watertank & Jayadeva flyover, near the Reliance fresh outlet. It's a COCO, 24 hours, and has been consistent.
Thanks Condor,

I used to be a regular customer at BP JB nagar pump. Now I moved to BTM so this is a good option.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:18   #200
Senior - BHPian

filled at shell Bellary road @60bucks a liter!! (no normal only super unleaded available).
got a mileage of 420 on a top up and 540 on a top up of normal HP fuel from kerala purchased at 47 rs per liter.
i swear never by shell
Old 10th April 2010, 20:55   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I completely agree that the HP pump near Cosmos mall is a wastee. I noticed that for every 1 litre, they are giving 100ml less of a petrol and hence overall the average reduces.
I use to find SHELL petrol bunk in whitefield a good place to refill but now they have shot up their rates and the difference is close to 4Rs.

Nishan...
I was filling at Shell in Whitefield for 3 montha and from last 15 days I have filled from HP near Cosmos Mall , I am getting little more milage for Diesel Fabia compared to Shell.
I make a point to go early morning at 6-30 am when its calm no rush and you can monitor when the tank is being refilled.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:06   #202
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Apart from Shell pumps and cauvery pump (opp lalbagh west gate) is there any other pump in Jayanagar/Basavangudi area which serves unadulterated diesel?

Thanks
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:28   #203
BHPian

Yesterday I went to MATS near cosmos mall morning around 6-30 , The fuel was leaking from the rubber hose , I asked the guy to stop filling after showing the leak , he tightened the hose nut and was about to resume filling , I asked him to forget it and moved to the next fuel oulet and asked him to restart filling from zero reading.

At MATS I see the boys playing tricks unlike the woman who vend the fuel.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:38   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha100 : is there any other pump in Jayanagar/Basavangudi area which serves unadulterated diesel?
If you dont mind going upto the Banashankari temple then use the IOC pump opp the temple / bus-stand. It's a KSFCSC (Karnatak Govt) run outlet.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:55   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Fairly reliable pumps in North Bangalore:
1. IOC on New BEL Rd - filled a small qty just a while back and am quite happy with the way the car feels.

Please avoid this bunk. Been cheated by these chaps twice. And please avoid the HP near Ramiah Hospital signal, experts they are. Meter jumps to 7 from zero within a second. Been a regular at HP near Kanti sweets on New Bel road. So far so good.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:45   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Please avoid this bunk. Been cheated by these chaps twice. And please avoid the HP near Ramiah Hospital signal...........
Been filling at the IOC in Gokula of late. This is the most reliable by far I think. Since you have been cheated at the BEL Rd IOC, I'll avoid it. The HP pump near the hospital is of course best avoided. I've had a bad experience with quality at the HP near Kanti sweets.
Reminds me of this nutcase of a client I worked for once who'd go about muttering 'cheats...rawbbers..thurd rate fellowsss' in a strong madrasi accent everytime he had to sign a cheque!
Old 24th April 2010, 17:37   #207
BHPian

Guys, any idea where i can get a BP petrol pump with Speed 97 petrol?
I stay in Bellandur. Anything near marathahalli, koramangala, HSR layout will do! Want to try Speed 97.
Old 26th April 2010, 00:02   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Been filling at the IOC in Gokula of late.

They are fairly ok, the BP next to it is a complete crap. I know both the owners. The owners are related to each other. Problem is the BP owner's son is a very good friend of mine. I can't tell him, " Dude, your dad's bunk sucks". Its akin to calling his dad a cheat.

The Kanti HP is fairly good. Me and my friends tank up there.

Where do you work? Try the BP near Sheshadri Puram circle. They are known for quality and quantity.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:58   #209
BHPian

Any good petrol pumps in and around Banaswadi? I have recently moved to Akshay nagar (Close to Rammurthy nagar). I usually get mileage of 30 on my Bullet, but once fuelling in Rammurthy nagar gave me 12.
For my car I always fuel at Shell in Mahadevpura main road.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:44   #210
BHPian

You could try Indian Oil pump on the Banaswadi Main Road, near Ayyappan temple.

Most Viewed