Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 17:20   #241
BHPian

Here's my feedback on all the pumps that I have used in bangalore. The feedback is based on the mileage I have attained on my alto. (Full tank method)

1. Shell on old madras road.
Used to give me a mileage of around 15.5 - 16 on a consistent basis.

2. Shell near Kundalahallli.
Same mileage here. Infact the had seen nothing but shell petrol on its first 5k kms. Had to stop using shell after the prices shooted upwards.

3. The pump near Manipal Hospital (Not the IOC one)
This is the first pump I tried after stopping shell. The mileage dropped immediately from aroung 16 to 14.5. Used it for a couple of tank fulls.

4. The IOC pump near Manipal.
The most interesting incident here was when they filled 37.5 Litres in my alto which has a tank capacity of 36 Litres according to Maruti. I was nearly empty but here would have been atleast half a litre in the tank. On questioning they say it's coz of topping up. Anyways, the mileage dropped to around 14. Never went back there again.

5. The BP one opposite Manipal
Decided to try this one out on the basis of all the positive reviews that it enjoys. The mileage hovered around 14.5 . Tried it out numerous times but the mileage remained consistently around the same mark.

5. The IOC pump on Old Madras Road (Near Indiranagar police station)
The mileage improved markedly to nearly 16 again. But it was aided by more sedate than usual driving style. On the second tankful now.

Last edited by burnt. : 27th June 2010 at 17:25.
Old 27th June 2010, 17:42   #242
BHPian

I feel the new HP petrol Bunk opp to HSR BDA is a good one. They have good service. Any counter experiences?
Old 28th June 2010, 11:55   #243
BHPian

There is a Indian Oil bunk in HSR, 2nd Sector, near to Cambridge school. Am filling both the Alto and Indica here and getting respectable mileages over the last 1 year.

This is one of the bunks in a residential locality and the outer ring road (which is the nearest main road) is almost 2 kms away.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:32   #244
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday on way to Coorg, I missed fueling at Shell. Later I pulled over at the Indian Oil pump just before the Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch.

I told the guy to fill the tank. As he was filling about 10 liters, he asked another guy to takeover and he moved away. As the second guy continued, a third guy from the left asked me to raise the window glass so that he can clean the glass. [distraction...]

I got suspicious right away, so I raised the glass and suddenly turned back to see that the fueling has stopped exactly at 1000. He had obviously pressed the round-off button and stopped the fueling. Yup, it was the classic beginning of stop and proceed fuel cheating technique. Later I will be asked to pay 1000 + the tank fill. But I decided to abort the game and just exploded in loud voice about being familiar with the cheating technique and how they can't make me a bakra, etc.

The guy practically ran away from my car. The original guy took just 1000 and claimed it was a power cut. I replied saying how can power get cut at exactly 1000 bucks. Everybody left looking in different directions.

Anyway, beware of the this IOC pump 100 meter before the Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch on Mysore road. Better avoid them totally.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:35   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

OT : Samurai, you should have just headed to the Reliance bunk at Ramnagara.
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:26   #246
BHPian

I was filling petrol on the petrol bunk very next to Subway on the Bannerghatta Road and these guys played the same old trick of 200 filling and then stopping. This is because I gave my card to filling for 1000 rupees. One shout at that guy and the petrol is filled correctly. Any one filling petrol here should be careful.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:52   #247
BHPian

Hey, I fill at an indian oil petrol pump on tumkur road,yeshwantpur little before MEI(Opposite RNS motors) (it's on the main road). The thing is all the cars/trucks in my house/dad's factory get fuel from here(they work on the indent system) where we make a monthly payment by cheque. Now after the fuel price rise, The prices are comparable to shell(there's still a one rupee difference for a reason I'm not aware)
As everybody on team-BHP claims shell normal gives better mileage. I got a full tank from Shell, Sadashivnagar yesterday and am going to check the mileage(full tank method) before I can convince my dad to change to shell for all the vehicles.
When i spoke to the guy at the sadashivnagar pump, He said they don't accept cheque payment.
Now my question to you guys is this.
Could this be because that pump is new(hardly opened a couple of months ago) or Shell as a company doesn't accept this method of payment across their outlets?
Because there is a shell station bang opposite to where i fill fuel right now(on tumkur road) and if at all there is a difference in mileage, I would love to fill from there because it maybe a rupee more expensive but if i get even 1kmpl more(that would be 10% mileage more assuming i get an average of 10kmpl across all the cars) when you translate that into 100of litres of fuel a month(I'm not sure of the actual figure but a lorry takes in about 100ltrs of diesel at a time, gives a mileage of 3-4 on full load), it adds up to quite a bit. Probably because I'm 20 and i couldn't talk to the guy properly, But I believe there should be a solution to this because from what i see, it's a win-win situation for the both of us. If it's the trust factor, I'm sure we can make an advance payment or something to at least get things started, Because if not, then making cash payments on a daily process isn't the most convenient thing to do
Please Help
Thanks in advance
Cheers!
(p.s- I didn't even think of this earlier because the price difference was too much, but you guys should be careful at the pump I'm filling from because when the guy didn't know i was an indent customer, He tried to cheat me by the 200rs method,made me fill extrapremium citing shortage as a reason on another day) and they've got caught writing xp(extra premium) on a couple of indent chits. But my dad hasn't changed even then because it's convenient(closest pump to the factory) and this is the pump we've been going to for as long as i can remember.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:56   #248
BHPian

BP outlet in JeevanBhima Nagar

Its been almost 3 years been filling both Diesel/Petrol from this outlet. Not found any issue with quality of fuel as such till date. Its open 24 hours and service been good.

Rare occasion was once petrol over spilled, because of early morning air pressure which gets clogged-in fuel tank and does not give an accurate measure of fuel inside.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:09   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yesterday on way to Coorg, I missed fueling at Shell. Later I pulled over at the Indian Oil pump just before the Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch.

I told the guy to fill the tank. As he was filling about 10 liters, he asked another guy to takeover and he moved away. As the second guy continued, a third guy from the left asked me to raise the window glass so that he can clean the glass. [distraction...]

I got suspicious right away, so I raised the glass and suddenly turned back to see that the fueling has stopped exactly at 1000. He had obviously pressed the round-off button and stopped the fueling. Yup, it was the classic beginning of stop and proceed fuel cheating technique. Later I will be asked to pay 1000 + the tank fill. But I decided to abort the game and just exploded in loud voice about being familiar with the cheating technique and how they can't make me a bakra, etc.

Anyway, beware of the this IOC pump 100 meter before the Rajarajeshwari Nagar Arch on Mysore road. Better avoid them totally.
Hi Samurai San,

I had simillar experience in the same Pump almost an year back. Difference was the distraction technique, he was asking about the "Cash / Card" questions. I was lucky not to be a bakra as I got educated these tricks through this forum.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 13th July 2010, 22:28   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
He had obviously pressed the round-off button and stopped the fueling. Yup, it was the classic beginning of stop and proceed fuel cheating technique.
How can you round off ?? Is there a button somewhere ???
Old 13th July 2010, 23:18   #251
BHPian

I have a similar kind of experience from the BP petrol pump before EG-Pura signal on inner ring road. They were irritatingly asking me whether I need oil or coolant top up and were trying to deviate me from looking their meter.

But I concentrated on the meter itself and at the end I asked them where is the coolant. They told they are yet to bring that business in place. I got surprised !!
Old 14th July 2010, 01:44   #252
BHPian

Not strictly a Bangalore pump update, but here goes:
While driving from Blr to Chennai I tend to fill just enough fuel to reach Krishnagiri and top up there at the coco BP pump (the ananda bhavan one). Again on the way back, I take a u-turn and top up at the same place. Last week I filled up there and on an impulse topped up at the new HP pump on my way back to Blr. Found the fuel quality to be noticeably better.
This is the huge place with the CCD a few km before Adyar Ananda bhavan.
As of now, IOC is the best closely followed by HP. BP has deteriorated considerably.
Old 14th July 2010, 07:31   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
When i spoke to the guy at the sadashivnagar pump, He said they don't accept cheque payment.
Now my question to you guys is this.
Could this be because that pump is new(hardly opened a couple of months ago) or Shell as a company doesn't accept this method of payment across their outlets?
Did you talk to the manager or the guy collecting the money?
Its a big business deal...and I am sure, they would be happy to get into an agreement with you for that.
However, there is a fair chance, that this difference of 1 Re may widen to something much more in a few months time. I am sure this decontrolling thing will vanish the moment petrol prices touch 75-100 range or the year of LS election..whichever comes first.

Regards,
Old 14th July 2010, 08:57   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thelightening : I feel the new HP petrol Bunk opp to HSR BDA is a good one.
Roy.S : .. topped up at the new HP pump on my way back to Blr. Found the fuel quality to be noticeably better.
Business tactics. New bunks are always good. (source : some one in a related business-line)
Old 14th July 2010, 18:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Did you talk to the manager or the guy collecting the money?
Its a big business deal...and I am sure, they would be happy to get into an agreement with you for that.
However, there is a fair chance, that this difference of 1 Re may widen to something much more in a few months time. I am sure this decontrolling thing will vanish the moment petrol prices touch 75-100 range or the year of LS election..whichever comes first.

Regards,
I'm not sure of his designation, He didn't look like a manager though. But There was nobody else except him and another guy at the pump at the time(it was around 7 in the evening)
and why would the 1re difference widen if the prices remain decontrolled(atleast till the elections) because if PSU pump prices go up, so will shell and vice versa, at least for now they're both selling at international market rates which brings me back to my earlier question of why is still a difference of 1re between the rates?
And if at all prices go upto 75-100, It's the duty of the Karnataka Government to bring down the taxes because we pay highest amount for fuel in the country,So if at all it goes up, we'll be the first to pay that much!

Last edited by raghav.carfreak : 14th July 2010 at 18:52. Reason: Forgot to add something

Most Viewed