Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2005, 14:02   #16
BHPian

i use to fill up from nagpals when i was in bangalore and surprisingly get more mileage too! the other good one was in kormangala near that monday to sunday store....
Old 17th June 2005, 14:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
1) IOC outlet on Airport road near diamond district cross.
Atleast once they have cheated me there. Never been to this outlet again. I am happy with koramangala BPCL COCO.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2005, 15:45   #18
BHPian

The petrol pump adjacent to Siemens' office on Hosur road (near Forum) is quite shady in its measurements.

I tank up at the HP outlet near Motorola campus in CV Raman Nagar (like rahulmd above). So far I've been getting decent FE (35+ on my bullet and about 11 on my Baleno). While we are on the subject, is there any special advantage of Speed over unleaded? I have been told to stick to one type and since the Baleno is just about a month old, now would be the right time to choose.
Old 17th June 2005, 23:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Speed is definitely better than unleaded. Higher octane additives ensure better burning. Also, the fuel contains detergents to clean up your injectors. Go for Speed 93 if you can afford it.

@Jaggu...I believe they're referring to Madhu's as the place near Diamond District. I know atleast one Accent owner whose engine kicked the bucket after tanking up there.

Also the IOC outlet at Trinity Circle is perpetually closed because it cheats people. Seen it shut atleast twice for 1 month.

BTW...can someone post the octane numbers of all the premium fuels post BS-III...all the PSUs and Shell. Thanks...
Old 18th June 2005, 03:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Atleast once they have cheated me there. Never been to this outlet again. I am happy with koramangala BPCL COCO.
yeah those guys are pathetic. Have caught them twice trying to cheat me and have never gone there again.
Old 18th June 2005, 11:36   #21
BHPian

I just went to the Shell bunk on Vittal Mallaya road yesterday.

I was impressed! Facilities are a lot better, and they are selling Shell Helix Ultra ( The fully synthetic oil) off the shelf! But it was a bit expensive...Rs550 per litre.

But i went late at night, and the guys outside couldn't tell me what was the octane rating of the Premium. I'm guessing its 91.
Old 12th July 2005, 18:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
I heard bad feedback (about cheating the customers on the volume) about the following outlets... so try to avoid these ...

1) IOC outlet on Airport road near diamond district cross.
2) BP outlet on old madras road .. just at the starting of the cable bridge
while going towards KR puram....
This BP outlet is a real cheat. Dont go there.
Old 12th July 2005, 18:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
This BP outlet is a real cheat. Dont go there.
considering that it belongs to a "very rich" IAS officer turned MLA, I am not surprised
Old 12th July 2005, 21:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Whenever we take the Vtec to Blore, we usually gas up at Vasanth Nagar (corner of the Mount Carmel - Cinnungham road junction) and Malleshwaram (the pump beyond 18th Cross, on 8th Main).

I think both pumps are BP so, 93 Oct all the way.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th July 2005 at 17:02.
Old 12th July 2005, 21:54   #25
BHPian

I normally fill up at the Koramangala BPCL near Monday to Sunday/Raheja Arcade. Its been very reliable, and we've filled there so much, once I needed both the cars filled and had no money, but the manager said itss cool, and told me to pay in a couple of days... obcviously I make quite a few trips there for my cars... hehe...
The other pump that I'd fill at is the one opposite imperial near Brigade road. Is there a Shell outlet this side of MG road?(Whitefield/airport/koramangala)
Old 13th July 2005, 10:30   #26
BHPian

For those who have experienced the 'cheating', how were you cheated?
Old 13th July 2005, 11:47   #27
Team-BHP Support

Is Webbs the one next to Brigade road junction? Whenever i have filled up diesel there, to be precise 5 times i have got low mileage. the reason is that they cheat on volume. For example once even after filling 35lts into my car tank(37lts) which had atleast 4 lts in it, the fuel needly did not rise fully. Only later i opened the tank and saw that they had filled much less than tankful
Old 13th July 2005, 14:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

No, Webbs is the COCO at the Dickenson Rd-MG Rd junction. I've never been to the Brig-Residency junction place. Too shady for me.
Old 14th July 2005, 16:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyupc
I just went to the Shell bunk on Vittal Mallaya road yesterday.

I was impressed! Facilities are a lot better, and they are selling Shell Helix Ultra ( The fully synthetic oil) off the shelf! But it was a bit expensive...Rs550 per litre.

But i went late at night, and the guys outside couldn't tell me what was the octane rating of the Premium. I'm guessing its 91.
Its 91. Asked them when I had gone there 2 days ago. The bunk is good though. Very impressive.
Old 24th February 2006, 15:59   #30
BHPian

Gas station

Fellow Bangaloreans,

I always filll up at the BP station in Sadhashivnagar and Malleshwaram intersection @ Bashyam circle. Excellent service and used to get good mileage on my Esteem

Now with Hi-speed Diesel I get fantastic mileage in city on my Accent CRDi.

Trust this one...
---------------------
I drive an Accent CRDi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks