Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 12:33   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Also the BPCL COCO bunk opposite IBM at Bannerghatta road is also a good place to fill.
It was a COCO long time back, but after the contract for the location got over, it became a regular bunk with not so good feedback. But it has now again become a COCO bunk.

Last edited by condor : 28th December 2011 at 12:36.
Old 28th December 2011, 12:49   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You could try the BP Bunk opposite Manipal Hospital on Airport Road. We've always got good mileage in our Hondas and my Santro anyway is a chronic drinker, so it makes no difference. The attendants are not only polite, they insist on cleaning your windscreen and they do a pretty good job of it too. They will not try to cheat you. I'd heard of one attendant who tried to hoodwink a customer and he got sacked on the spot, apparently.
Even I been using that pump since past 2 yrs and never had any issues. However some 10 days back had gone to get my bike filled and there was some repair going on. They were taking out the interlocking tiles and digging near the left corner most pump with all underground piping visible. Same time one guy was dipping a pastic bucket (an old paint bucket I guess) in the underground tank and transfering it to another underground tank towards the right (side where they have air pump). Though it was transfer from one tank to another I was not sure if that was the proper way to do since impurity will be added unknowingly, especially mud / dust from bottom of bucket.

Made me to opt for the COCO HP pump almost opposite to the same (Opp to SBI NAL branch, before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya).
Old 28th December 2011, 12:58   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Made me to opt for the COCO HP pump almost opposite to the same (Opp to SBI NAL branch, before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya).
Ah yes, I know that HP bunk. It's diagonally opposite the BP Bunk next to those office-buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Even I been using that...

...dust from bottom of bucket.
Yes, that's a very unscientific way of going about it. I've mentioned this earlier, that India isn't a country of perfectionists, at most levels. Not saying we don't have them. But they're outnumbered.

I haven't visited any petrol-bunk off-late. I've avoided driving my car. Now, I take the Metro if I have to go to MG Road, and the BMTC if I have to go somewhere else. And it's nice to take a walk in the nippy weather too, if your destination isn't too far off.

The best way to not get cheated by petrol-bunks? Don't use private transport

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th December 2011 at 12:59.
Old 7th January 2012, 20:16   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There's a good HP pump near Cosmos mall near BEML Layout. It's on the left when you're going towards CMRIT college.
Kindly avoid this pump, I use to fill my car regularly from this pump till I moved to Shell and I noticed a big change in my mileage. To find the root cause of problem, I alternatively filled from Shell and this pump for couple of times and found out that this guy is giving 100ML less for every 1L of petrol and this happened every single time.
Never filled Diesel neither visited this pump since over a year. Unless they have changed, please avoid this pump. You can try the same method to re confirm
Old 7th January 2012, 20:21   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There's a good HP pump near Cosmos mall near BEML Layout. It's on the left when you're going towards CMRIT college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Which is the best bunk to fill diesel in and around marathahalli/whitefield/itpl? I use Shell for petrol, but their diesel is expensive(by almost 10 Rs.). Reviews for any other pump are not good, seems every bunk in this area has cheated a few people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Thanks.. That should be the one just after Cosmos mall, right?.. Will definitely try out for my next refuel..
we are a group of people who use to be frequent visitors to this pump until we realized that we are being cheated in tunes of 100ML per every 1L of fuel. We have cross checked this couple of times by alternatively filling fuel from Shell and this Pump.
Though I've never gone with Diesel, it would be no harm to fill 10L each from Shell and this pump alternatively to check the quantity provided.
I will never suggest this pump
Old 7th January 2012, 22:23   #426
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For all those who fill diesel in Nagpal's bunk on Residency Road - BEWARE !

The diesel is being adulterated heavily. Did a fuel quality check at Navnit Motors when our 320D started emitting black smoke.

Have shifted completely to Shell. Quality is more important at the end of the day, dont mind paying a premium at 59.50 even, rather than take chances with the car. Car is MUCH smoother now & mileage seems to have improved too. If quality was being tampered with am sure the quantity must be suspect too.

Posting here for the benefit of the community.
Old 8th January 2012, 12:21   #427
BHPian

Overall i never fill up fuel from BP bunks . I always have an intuition that the quality of the fuel is inferior. I always fill fuel from Indian oil and sometimes HP. I use Sharada Service centre at the Bellary road near Kodigehalli gate or HP Petrol pump at Kodigehalli gate.
Old 8th January 2012, 14:43   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Kindly avoid this pump, I use to fill my car regularly from this pump till I moved to Shell and I noticed a big change in my mileage. To find the root cause of problem, I alternatively filled from Shell and this pump for couple of times and found out that this guy is giving 100ML less for every 1L of petrol and this happened every single time.
Never filled Diesel neither visited this pump since over a year. Unless they have changed, please avoid this pump. You can try the same method to re confirm
Did you measure the petrol using the measurement beaker ??, if not you can ask for it and they will measure 1 ltr dispencement in front of you from the pump.

If its based on increased mileage, its because all shell fuels contain some level of additives for increased performance + definitely their production quality measures are good leading to increased mileage.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:12   #429
Team-BHP Support

The pump attendants at the Indian Oil pump on Hennur Main road (near Kacharakanahalli lake) are magicians.

A month back I filled petrol worth 2500, and paid 3 bills of 1000. The first guy counted five 100 bills and handed to attendant next to him, who in turn counted the 5 bills with loud action and handed to me. Both times I counted with my eyes, and saw 5 bills. However, as I got it, I too tried counting 5 bills and found only 4. I tried again, and again, and found only four. When I told them it has only 4, they handed one more 100 bill without argument. Generally I would have pocketed the money without counting since I had counted 5 with the eyes. But I chose to count and found it lacking.

Tonight I visited the same bunk and filled 1480 rupees worth of petrol. First he gave 20 bucks and then counted five 100 bills in front of me, and counted again and then handed to me. Again I absentmindedly counted and found only 4, and started recounting. Suddenly I see him handing out another 100 bill before I could ask him.

Next time it happens I want to ask how he does that. Very neat trick.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 23:17   #430
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know the Indian COCO bunk in Koramangala just after Sony world junction before the Pizza hut is? It's nearby the Mahindra showroom.

I'm planning to move to this bunk as my regular one for diesel as Bowring is too far.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:19   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The pump attendants at the Indian Oil pump on Hennur Main road (near Kacharakanahalli lake) are magicians.

A month back I filled petrol worth 2500, and paid 3 bills of 1000. The first guy counted five 100 bills and handed to attendant next to him, who in turn counted the 5 bills with loud action and handed to me. Both times I counted with my eyes, and saw 5 bills. However, as I got it, I too tried counting 5 bills and found only 4. I tried again, and again, and found only four. When I told them it has only 4, they handed one more 100 bill without argument. Generally I would have pocketed the money without counting since I had counted 5 with the eyes. But I chose to count and found it lacking.

Tonight I visited the same bunk and filled 1480 rupees worth of petrol. First he gave 20 bucks and then counted five 100 bills in front of me, and counted again and then handed to me. Again I absentmindedly counted and found only 4, and started recounting. Suddenly I see him handing out another 100 bill before I could ask him.

Next time it happens I want to ask how he does that. Very neat trick.
They do the same thing in advaith petrol bunk at BTM 2nd stage .They do this very fast . I immediately noticed this . I counted the change in-front of him and he couldn't escape .
Old 9th January 2012, 06:16   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Does anyone know the Indian COCO bunk in Koramangala just after Sony world junction before the Pizza hut is? It's nearby the Mahindra showroom.
Viddy, it's between Sony World junction and NGV. On the left side when you are going from SWJ to NGV.

Other option is the BP between SWJ and Ejipura signal - based on the number of call center cabs I see queing up there. I would still go to the IOC, though.

Also try the IOC COCO in BTM Layout, between Udupi Garden signal and Jayadeva flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
They do the same thing in advaith petrol bunk at BTM 2nd stage.
Havent been very convinced with this bunk, and dont go there. But my solution to this: go to my trusted COCO bunk, pay by card.
Old 9th January 2012, 07:51   #433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Viddy, it's between Sony World junction and NGV. On the left side when you are going from SWJ to NGV.

Also try the IOC COCO in BTM Layout, between Udupi Garden signal and Jayadeva flyover.
I found the IOC brew to be the best for Figo. I know where the IOC outlet is but wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it. Anyways filled up today morning and went to airport and back. Feels the same so I may try this for now as it's much more convenient to go to compared to Bowring.

BTM layout doesn't make sense. There's no point in going and getting stuck in a traffic jam just to fill fuel.

Since I drive to koramangala often for errands it's far more convenient. Let's see how this IOC goes.
Old 9th January 2012, 08:04   #434
BHPian

I normally i fill fuel with my card only. I never say that i am going to use the card first. I wait till the fuel is filled and then only i give my card for swiping. Also i get a message on my mobile immediately for the swiped amount within seconds and there cannot be any way that i can be cheated. 99% of the time i never use cash.
Old 9th January 2012, 08:31   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I found the IOC brew to be the best for Figo.
My occasional experience here has been fine.

And I understand what you say about IOC. Have felt the same for the Sumo too. And similar feedback from a few others for their SUV's. The Ikon also gets it's fill from IOC. The other good brew used to be Reliance, but dont find much of those these days.

Most Viewed